All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
2 Cummings Rd, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"Couple's Getaway"
Spent two nights in this hotel for a quick getaway to Portland. The bathroom didn't seem to be very clean and the breakfast options were pretty much the standard continental breakfast, but the staff was very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
JaLissa
Had a great time. Staff was friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great birthday stay!"
Had a wonderful one night stay with my wife. We celebrated our birthdays. Our only quip was the continental breakfast. Fruit was old. Hard boiled eggs . . .well we wondered what kind of eggs they were? Other than that, everything was great. Very nice staff right down to housekeeping!
1 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
"ok stay"
The bathroom wall was dirty with dried toothpaste and some other dark stuff. The rest of the room was clean, but once I saw that it grosed me out. I probably wouldn't stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"One Night Stay"
Stayed here on our way to Northern Maine, Hotel was clean Staff were very pleasant, Breakfast was typical. This is a no frills place nice comfortable easy to get on and off the highway.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Overnight March 13, 2015"
Our overall experience was good. The Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast included with the room was better than expected. Our only complaint is that the heater in our room was very loud and woke us repeatedly during the night. I shut if off at one point, but awoke a few hours later to turn the unit back on when the room became chilly.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"very clean for the money"
The hotel itself is an older building however well maintained, rooms very clean a little small & was in the winter & couldn't control temp very well just ended up turning off heater then was comfortable. Breakfast was good little scattered out due the room available some was in lobby & some in dining area however again everything extremely clean. Little confusing getting into yard coming from I95 spur once make left turn on street have to stop immediately & can't get thru due to other traffic waiting at light for other direction. overall very nice stay for the money
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Leonard
"Enjoyable stay"
Wonderful stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast, and comfy beds made for a great trip.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad your stay was excellent.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"WHY so simple to make things great"
The room was fine. However The pillows were very uncomfortable They were old and tied in cases to make them look fluffy Reg sized pillows on a King sized bed? The coffee maker in the room was terible. The coffee was almost undrinkable
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Shady Business Practice - Incidental Charges (hold"
A hold was put on my account for $20 dollars for incidentals without any notification whatsoever, even when I asked why I had to give them my bank card at check-in, when the room had already been paid in full, they just said it was to verify information, NO mention of a hold on my account for incidentals. I also examined the entire hotel.com website where I made the reservation, as well as their company website, NO mention of a hold for incidentals and when I contacted the manager of the hotel, he informed me there was sign at the check-in desk, which was not apparent to me at the time, so it could not have been a large or well placed sign. Regardless, two days later I still had a hold on my account for the $20 and when I called my bank they informed me that the hold would be lifted on the 20th, which was three days after check-out, when I mentioned this to the manager he told me it was the bank that held the money and released it. This was either total ignorance on his part or a blatant lie, as I checked with the bank a second time to clarify it and once again they told me it was up to the Merchant when the hold was lifted. So, as you can see, I am very very disappointed by the treatment I received.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
I am unsure how to respond. I have reached out to this guest and apologized for her inconvenience. It is a very common practice for hotels to require credit when a guest arrives. normally the authorization is taken on the guest's method of payment. When a guest uses a third party and prepays, this authorization is held against whatever card the guest supplies at check in. The hotel sends a message to the bank to insure that funds are available for purchases made or damages while the guest is staying. Our authorization is $20. There is a fairly large 9"x9" sign directly in front of the front desk which guests can read explaining this policy. The bank determines how long it takes this hold to fall off, the hotel does not. Please see below from Wikipedia for the most common occurences of this standard practice. It is always our reccommendation that credit cards be used in lieu of debit cards. Authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the hold "falls off." In the case of debit cards, authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again) anywhere from 1–5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy; in the case of credit cards, holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very Clean Hotel"
Our biggest interest the night before flying out in a blizzard was cleanliness, comfort, proximity to the bus station and catching some of the Superbowl. The Fairfield Marriott near the Maine Mall met all these conditions. The room was exceptionally clean and, in addition, all of the staff were very friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others. My husband said they had a very nice complementary breakfast too, with lots of choices. And even though the hours given us for the breakfast were 6 to 7am (maybe I misunderstood), there was still food available at 9:30am.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Faye
"Average hotel close to Portland Mall"
Room was small, bathroom extremely small and cramped. Furnishings were nice. Towels were plush, bed linens average. Lighting was very useful. Climate control worked well.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your remarks. I hope you will give us another opportunity to give you an excellent stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
PM
"Great time!"
I was here on Thursday Jan 8 th with my 3 girls. We had a nice lady check us in when we got here. Friday morning we went down for breakfast and we met a very friendly working in the breakfast area and we were talking . She was very nice and the breakfast was very good. Can't wait to go back again in the spring time,
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Dominique
"Friendly staff"
The room was a little small, but overall the hotel was great. Very friendly service! The breakfast was great and they had a nice display of snacks at night.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Megan
It is our second stay there and we enjoyed it a lot. Breakfast was hot and good. Employes were warm and smiling... The only small but very small, we had double bed but would have appreciate a queen bed.... But these is very a small remarks. Won't hesitate a minute to recommend it or go back. Thank you to all the staff. Hélène
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
helene
"Much better than driving in a snowstorm"
I really enjoyed the *CLEAN* white bedcovers and shower curtain, and the room looked quite clean, though not perfect b/c of a couple tiny hairs on bathroom floor, some little spots here and there on bathroom walls and doors, and someone's disposable plastic razor cover under radiator. The heater was very loud, so I had to turn it off at night, but the room didn't get too cold. It was nice that they put out some soup, cheese and crackers for an evening snack, but I was very disappointed to watch an employee, who didn't realize he was being watched, reach in and take several nuts from the bowl with his fingers.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your remarks regarding those areas which we nailed prior to your arrival. I am very sorry, howver, that your stay was not excellent and that you did experience these issues. I have notified the appropraite departments and we are correcting those issues. Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Average stay at Fairfield Marriot"
The front desk common area was small but staff were pleasant. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the port area which was wonderful. The driver was very nice. The heater in our room did not work the best but we were not cold. Comfortable bed but the bathroom, (though was modern) it didnt feel clean with the chip on the vanity and the tininess of it.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Christina
"Portland"
Good value, good service, great breakfast. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
John B
"easy access to restaurants and Maine Mall"
The room was small and feeled cramped. The bathroom was very small. It had an open closet right out in the room. Otherwise everything was really good. Breakfast room is nice and roomy. Even though room was small we will stay again.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Great stay..."
Saw the lighthouses ate the lobster Stayed in a great hotel, what more could you ask for or expect?
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
We stayed here for one night and it was nice. The front desk receptionist upon check in was nice, but not really friendly. The person at check-out was much more friendly. The room was decent. There is no actual closet, I would describe it as a "wall closet". All of the pillows were feather pillows, which I do not like. Typically hotels have one non-feather pillow in the closet, but there was no alternative here. Breakfast was included in our stay which was nice. There was a wide variety to choose from. They were doing a bit of maintenance while we were there so it was a bit cluttered in the lobby with the men and their gear. Overall it was a good place to stay and convenient to get to from the highway.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
This hotel is good n nice except too close with the highway, it's a little bit uncomfortable bcoz of the sound of the traffic on the highway. But overall nice hotel
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
inge
"Better than my expectation"
I love the room! It's clean and the beds are comfortable , but the bathroom is small.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
pp155
"Hotel was nice-hotel clean-nice staff"
We found the hotel to be pleasant and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. They provided a shuttle to the local area which we found extremely helpful. The manager made an effort to make sure we had a pleasant stay and that came through in the hotel staff as well.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Pat
"very convenient"
I found it close, clean , and overall convenient to the locations I was visiting. Megan and Jeff wre cordial and nice to deal with.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Ok Hotel"
The hotel exterior needs renovation. The windows leak or have water infiltration issues. The rooms are renovated but the quality of the finishes are ok. Hotel offers free continental breakfast. It was super crowded. Free parking and wifi in rooms.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments seriously. We are working now on correcting roof issues that have been the cause of water issues in limited rooms. We hope to see you again.
reinedufromage
"Not great value"
The room was comfortable and clean but very small. The building itself was in disrepair and needed a face lift. They really need to spruce up the front and lobby area. It is not very appealing. Overall staff very friendly and bed was comfortable. Felt as if I were in a budget hotel, not a Marriott.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your comments. We are making many changes at our property on an ongoing basis. Thank you for your gracious remarks concerning our excellent service.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
Jane
"close to main roads"
The staff was very pleasant.The rooms clean and the bed comfortable. The pool was very nice and the breakfast was good.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your review. We take pride in giving you an excellent stay.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel was clean and convenient to both the highway and the airport. We used it as a hub to tour and sight see around the Portland area. The only thing that I didn't like was the separated entrance and the elevator location. I felt like we were always digging for our key card just to move around the common spaces of the hotel. The complimentary things such as evening snacks and morning breakfast were nice.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank youfor your review. We are certainly a great location to branch out from and see all of Southern Maine. We hope to see you again!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Hotel is a bit run down, but they have done a great job of trying to update the rooms; overall, they've succeeded. Close to shopping and restaurants. Inconvenient that there is no fitness center on site, also no sidewalks to walk/run outside. We were able to check in and out early, which was fantastic. Great stay.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for taking he time to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to another visit from you.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
CC
Bathroom was small, but otherwise the room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was excellent.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
We are so glad that your stay was excellent! We can't wait for yor next visit!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Room was musty and made it hard to breathe."
The room was okay....however it smelled musty. Something you could fix if they hadn't caulked the window shut. The caulking was full of MOLD as well. The fan unit couldn't get rid of the bad air. POOR example of the marriott brand. stayed in Second floor Wednesday May 14, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Dear Traveller, Please allow me to offer my sincerest apologies. The experience described does not sound like it was up to your standards or ours. We are looking at all rooms to rectify the issue you mentioned. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to contact me at the property directly. Jeff Barnett General Manager
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
"Clean but small"
The hotel was clean but my room was sort of small and the bathroom was tiny! Corner sink and even the hair dryer has to be placed in the dresser- no where to put in the bathroom. It's a shame that when you book with hotels.com that you get a room ALWAYS on the highway side and far far far away from the elevator. Not just here- every stay.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do offer rooms that are away from roadways and are happy to accommodate no matter the booking method. Please request this on your next visit.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
csredd
This hotel is a good choice in the area for the price. The room was clean and the staff was professional. The bathroom was tiny in our king room. The air condition / fan unit was quiet and effective. The only I would add is that we could have used a refrigerator in the room.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
We are glad that your stay was excellent. Please visit us again!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Laurie
"Just Passing Through"
Good place for a nights stay. Professional Staff. Good Service.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
BD
"Solid deal close to town"
Decent hotel with super-convenient location. If you can pretend the sound of highway traffic is the sound of ocean waves, you'll be fine. Service was friendly, from the front desk welcome right on through a housekeeper asking me in the hallway how my stay had been, and breakfast was standard hotel fare but lots of options -- something for everyone. Comfortable beds, clean room, one of the best rates I found for the area, and you can be in downtown Portland in a matter of minutes. Not luxury, but good for a night.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Nice hotel, very convenient location."
The location was great. Room was kinda average. The AC was a bit noisy.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Kin
"Marriott suites"
Was pleased overall. The rooms are clean.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
"Clean!"
The room was clean and the breakfast was good.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Ada, Thank you for your remarks. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. We hope to see you again!
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Ada
Stained sheets and items left in room from previous occupant - won't stay there again
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Dear Stuart, I am so sorry that you had a bad experience and did not have an excellent stay. I certainly hope that you will give us another shot at providing you with the type of experience you deserve. I have already communicated the issue to the staff and greatly appreciate you for letting us know that we let you down. Have a wonderful day!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Stuart
"Nice comfortable room for the price."
Small comfortable clean room. The included breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The lobby area needed some sprucing and cleaning.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Joy, Thank you for reviewing our property. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
joy
Very good experience
2 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
Eduardo
"Needs updating"
This is a typically strong brand. But this hotel, from its mattresses to its thermostats, needs an update. It is not nearly as nice as its competitors in the area as similar pricing points. The room is clean and hotel staff are very nice. The location cannot be beat either.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
NH Business Guy
"Great rate, clean room"
...great rate, clean room
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
N
"great stay"
got to the hotel after a long drive & was told we could help ourselves to dinner..mac & cheese or american chop suey … it was nice to have after the drive… hotel was clean the breakfast was great… they were better than most breakfasts more of a selection in the yogurt dept. it was close to stores and restaurants & the highway.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
We are happy that you had a great stay! We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your remarks!
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
jode
Great breakfast, and awesome service from the front desk staff.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our property. We hope to see you again!
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
Everything was fine but I need to mention that the bathroom floor was obviously not swept. Thanks
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you letting us know of the issue that you experienced. Iapologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Decent place for the price"
This hotel is adequate. It actually was a nice surprise but when we arrived Friday evening they had crockpots of homemade soup out. The breakfast is standard, some cereals, breads and yogurt. No complaints.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
"Convenient"
Good location and nice comfortable rooms. They have free manager specials late in the afternoon. That day it was pulled pork and salad. free breakfast was your basic scrambled eggs, sausage and asst fruit and breads.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
Francis
Great place, friendly staff, nice rooms
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2014