All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
2 Cummings Rd, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Good internet service
  • Value
    Delicious food
"one night stay visiting family"
Good hotel clean room was on small side, bed was a little to soft for me but was ok for the night Good breakfast over all ok stay.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2016
"Great choice!"
Everyone was so friendly!!! It was so refreshing! They also have a shuttle that you can take to the dinner, airport, etc. It was extremely helpful. Breakfast was typical and not super thrilling. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was small. I would definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Trisha
"Great Staff and Clean Rooms"
We've stayed here before and loved it and it wasn't any different than before. The staff were very helpful and personable and the room was very neat and comfortable. The only drawbacks were that the bathroom was a little too small and the hotel is starting to show it's age (some water damage inside and out).
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"October 2015"
Condition of hotel was much upgraded since a previous stay. Staff was extremely welcoming when we arrived.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Jeffrey
"Room was ok the service was great!!"
the room was alittle small and the beds were not comfortable. The service was great and the hotel was in a great location
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
"Most disappointing Marriott property I ever stayed"
Good morning, To whom it may concern This letter concerns a most recent reservation (1117985888802) at the Fairfield Inn in Portland Maine. This stay was extremely disappointing to me and my wife, of all the stays I have had at any Marriot Hotel World Wide. The staff were very rude, unhelpful in any manner when questioned about my reservation. the reservation was for a standard room, but with a king bed. The staff simple said sorry we are full this is all we have. Nothing else, no help with maybe using one of the two other Marriott Hotels in the area. the noise all night long was ridiculous, slamming of doors, people on hallways all night, totally out of control situations. I truly expected more from a Marriot property and its staff. Being the owner of an international company, and as an Engineer and Inspector of Amusement Parks and can include Hotel Facilities for Insurance Companies World Wide, in addition to our normal operation of business. I travel quite often and prefer when ever possible to use Marriott Hotels which has always been there for me, no matter where I am in the world, this one of the worst experiences. WE previously during this same trip weekend stayed at another Marriott property, the Fairfield Inn in Brunswick, Maine which we experienced the best service, and a very happy and fun staff. very pleased with them. Regards Mike
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Mike, Thank You for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that you stay was not up to Marriott standards. This is not typical of our property. I have shared your feedback with our management staff to make sure a similar situation does not occur again.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Wet, wet, wet"
The hotel was ok, the staff was nice. We had to change to another room after checking in because the room given to us had a very strong smell of 'old lady's' perfume. Breakfast was ok. When we checked out it was raining a lot, there was no covered place to load our car so my husband got socking wet! Other guests had the same problem, of course and they were really unhappy.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
"Nice but expensive!"
Nice and convenient but way too expensive for this style and level of hotel.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Not bad place to stay for cost"
First time visiting Portland. Hotel was right near highway leading to Portland.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Bruce
Would recomend
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Louis
The hotel charged my credit card when I paid cash when checking out!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"Quick stop"
Room had a mini frig & the place was quite. Breakfast wasn't worth the time. Convenient to airport & downtown.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2015
"Convenient to Portland"
We stayed one night to attend a 50th anniversary celebration for long-time friends held in Portland. The hotel was convenient, being about 15 minutes from the venue.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Jay
The hotel was very busy, was completely booked up. so during breakfast time It was almost impossible to get to the food.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Excellent place"
This was a one night business stay. There are two entrances neither has parking spaces designated for check in. There are however handicapped spaces near the door for those who need them. I needed to take a cart out into the parking lot to bring in my belongings. This wasn't too much of a big deal because the weather was nice, however it must be a pain in the rain or snow. The person at the desk when I checked in was pleasant and the check in was very efficient. I did receive a little bit of pushback when I asked for a late checkout due to the timing of my meeting. However after a little discussion I was accommodated without a charge. I'm sure the person behind the desk was just tired, considering the hour and the fact that the hotel was pretty full. The room was in great condition and spotlessly clean. Despite the fact that the hotel had so many guests it was very quiet. Breakfast the nicely done. There is an assortment of muffins and Danishes as well as eggs, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, and tea. The eating area was constantly being cleaned as guests came and went. On several occasions a manager stopped by to ask people about their stay. I expect to visit here again.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Nice room, great breakfast"
The room was nice but when we registered on Expedia we asked for a king size bed and ended up with 2 queens. Otherwise it was nice and the breakfast were really good.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Convenient and friendly spot"
Extremely helpful and curgeius staff. Nice hot/ cold breakfast buffet.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
Anthony
"Maine trip"
Comfortable but pricey for what it was.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Janet
Everything was clean, everyone was helpful. Would gladly stay again.
4 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
"Decent hotel, convenient location."
The Fairfield Inn is a decent hotel that provides a comfortable, if fairly utilitarian, stay near Portland and the surrounding area. The lobby is nice, and the outdoor pool is small but handy. The room was clean but more sparse than I expected; for example, there's no closet, just a rack with hangers. The bathroom is minuscule. The breakfast was free and offered a variety of selections, though it wasn't particularly tasty. I'd recommend the Fairfield if you're in the area, but keep your expectations modest.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Chuck
"Service"
Refrigerator was not equipped with shelves , hence we called front desk and was told they would get back to us with a resolve. This never materialized our entire stay and to add insult all the stuff we bought for the refrigerator got frozen and had to be trashed. We never bothered to follow up since we adjusted to the situation. Air condition unit was too loud and its appearance could be cleaner. Cleaning staff was truly pleasant .
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Couple's Getaway"
Spent two nights in this hotel for a quick getaway to Portland. The bathroom didn't seem to be very clean and the breakfast options were pretty much the standard continental breakfast, but the staff was very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
JaLissa
Had a great time. Staff was friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great hotel, would return"
Nothing bad to say. Everyone was pleasant and helpful, rooms were clean, breakfast was yummy. We would stay again. We stayed on the 4th of July and even though the hotel was busy, it was very quiet and relaxing
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Clean and comfortable, close to the airport."
We were there less than 12 hrs. Clean, comfortable, small room.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Annual Visit to Maine"
Entry way was not very inviting. You enter a "room" to enter the main lobby. We were told this is how the older hotels were built. Could use updating; chairs/seating in breakfast area are in poor condition. Carpet in room needs to be cleaned. Bath rooms are very small.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Lee
"Great birthday stay!"
Had a wonderful one night stay with my wife. We celebrated our birthdays. Our only quip was the continental breakfast. Fruit was old. Hard boiled eggs . . .well we wondered what kind of eggs they were? Other than that, everything was great. Very nice staff right down to housekeeping!
1 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
"ok stay"
The bathroom wall was dirty with dried toothpaste and some other dark stuff. The rest of the room was clean, but once I saw that it grosed me out. I probably wouldn't stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"One Night Stay"
Stayed here on our way to Northern Maine, Hotel was clean Staff were very pleasant, Breakfast was typical. This is a no frills place nice comfortable easy to get on and off the highway.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Overnight March 13, 2015"
Our overall experience was good. The Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast included with the room was better than expected. Our only complaint is that the heater in our room was very loud and woke us repeatedly during the night. I shut if off at one point, but awoke a few hours later to turn the unit back on when the room became chilly.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"very clean for the money"
The hotel itself is an older building however well maintained, rooms very clean a little small & was in the winter & couldn't control temp very well just ended up turning off heater then was comfortable. Breakfast was good little scattered out due the room available some was in lobby & some in dining area however again everything extremely clean. Little confusing getting into yard coming from I95 spur once make left turn on street have to stop immediately & can't get thru due to other traffic waiting at light for other direction. overall very nice stay for the money
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Leonard
"Enjoyable stay"
Wonderful stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast, and comfy beds made for a great trip.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad your stay was excellent.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"WHY so simple to make things great"
The room was fine. However The pillows were very uncomfortable They were old and tied in cases to make them look fluffy Reg sized pillows on a King sized bed? The coffee maker in the room was terible. The coffee was almost undrinkable
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Shady Business Practice - Incidental Charges (hold"
A hold was put on my account for $20 dollars for incidentals without any notification whatsoever, even when I asked why I had to give them my bank card at check-in, when the room had already been paid in full, they just said it was to verify information, NO mention of a hold on my account for incidentals. I also examined the entire hotel.com website where I made the reservation, as well as their company website, NO mention of a hold for incidentals and when I contacted the manager of the hotel, he informed me there was sign at the check-in desk, which was not apparent to me at the time, so it could not have been a large or well placed sign. Regardless, two days later I still had a hold on my account for the $20 and when I called my bank they informed me that the hold would be lifted on the 20th, which was three days after check-out, when I mentioned this to the manager he told me it was the bank that held the money and released it. This was either total ignorance on his part or a blatant lie, as I checked with the bank a second time to clarify it and once again they told me it was up to the Merchant when the hold was lifted. So, as you can see, I am very very disappointed by the treatment I received.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
I am unsure how to respond. I have reached out to this guest and apologized for her inconvenience. It is a very common practice for hotels to require credit when a guest arrives. normally the authorization is taken on the guest's method of payment. When a guest uses a third party and prepays, this authorization is held against whatever card the guest supplies at check in. The hotel sends a message to the bank to insure that funds are available for purchases made or damages while the guest is staying. Our authorization is $20. There is a fairly large 9"x9" sign directly in front of the front desk which guests can read explaining this policy. The bank determines how long it takes this hold to fall off, the hotel does not. Please see below from Wikipedia for the most common occurences of this standard practice. It is always our reccommendation that credit cards be used in lieu of debit cards. Authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the hold "falls off." In the case of debit cards, authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again) anywhere from 1–5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy; in the case of credit cards, holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very Clean Hotel"
Our biggest interest the night before flying out in a blizzard was cleanliness, comfort, proximity to the bus station and catching some of the Superbowl. The Fairfield Marriott near the Maine Mall met all these conditions. The room was exceptionally clean and, in addition, all of the staff were very friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others. My husband said they had a very nice complementary breakfast too, with lots of choices. And even though the hours given us for the breakfast were 6 to 7am (maybe I misunderstood), there was still food available at 9:30am.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Faye
"Average hotel close to Portland Mall"
Room was small, bathroom extremely small and cramped. Furnishings were nice. Towels were plush, bed linens average. Lighting was very useful. Climate control worked well.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your remarks. I hope you will give us another opportunity to give you an excellent stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
PM
"Great time!"
I was here on Thursday Jan 8 th with my 3 girls. We had a nice lady check us in when we got here. Friday morning we went down for breakfast and we met a very friendly working in the breakfast area and we were talking . She was very nice and the breakfast was very good. Can't wait to go back again in the spring time,
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Dominique
"Friendly staff"
The room was a little small, but overall the hotel was great. Very friendly service! The breakfast was great and they had a nice display of snacks at night.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Megan
It is our second stay there and we enjoyed it a lot. Breakfast was hot and good. Employes were warm and smiling... The only small but very small, we had double bed but would have appreciate a queen bed.... But these is very a small remarks. Won't hesitate a minute to recommend it or go back. Thank you to all the staff. Hélène
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
helene
"Much better than driving in a snowstorm"
I really enjoyed the *CLEAN* white bedcovers and shower curtain, and the room looked quite clean, though not perfect b/c of a couple tiny hairs on bathroom floor, some little spots here and there on bathroom walls and doors, and someone's disposable plastic razor cover under radiator. The heater was very loud, so I had to turn it off at night, but the room didn't get too cold. It was nice that they put out some soup, cheese and crackers for an evening snack, but I was very disappointed to watch an employee, who didn't realize he was being watched, reach in and take several nuts from the bowl with his fingers.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for your remarks regarding those areas which we nailed prior to your arrival. I am very sorry, howver, that your stay was not excellent and that you did experience these issues. I have notified the appropraite departments and we are correcting those issues. Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Average stay at Fairfield Marriot"
The front desk common area was small but staff were pleasant. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the port area which was wonderful. The driver was very nice. The heater in our room did not work the best but we were not cold. Comfortable bed but the bathroom, (though was modern) it didnt feel clean with the chip on the vanity and the tininess of it.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Christina
"Portland"
Good value, good service, great breakfast. Will stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
John B
"easy access to restaurants and Maine Mall"
The room was small and feeled cramped. The bathroom was very small. It had an open closet right out in the room. Otherwise everything was really good. Breakfast room is nice and roomy. Even though room was small we will stay again.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Great stay..."
Saw the lighthouses ate the lobster Stayed in a great hotel, what more could you ask for or expect?
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
We stayed here for one night and it was nice. The front desk receptionist upon check in was nice, but not really friendly. The person at check-out was much more friendly. The room was decent. There is no actual closet, I would describe it as a "wall closet". All of the pillows were feather pillows, which I do not like. Typically hotels have one non-feather pillow in the closet, but there was no alternative here. Breakfast was included in our stay which was nice. There was a wide variety to choose from. They were doing a bit of maintenance while we were there so it was a bit cluttered in the lobby with the men and their gear. Overall it was a good place to stay and convenient to get to from the highway.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
This hotel is good n nice except too close with the highway, it's a little bit uncomfortable bcoz of the sound of the traffic on the highway. But overall nice hotel
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
inge
"Better than my expectation"
I love the room! It's clean and the beds are comfortable , but the bathroom is small.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
pp155
"Hotel was nice-hotel clean-nice staff"
We found the hotel to be pleasant and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. They provided a shuttle to the local area which we found extremely helpful. The manager made an effort to make sure we had a pleasant stay and that came through in the hotel staff as well.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Pat
"very convenient"
I found it close, clean , and overall convenient to the locations I was visiting. Megan and Jeff wre cordial and nice to deal with.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Ok Hotel"
The hotel exterior needs renovation. The windows leak or have water infiltration issues. The rooms are renovated but the quality of the finishes are ok. Hotel offers free continental breakfast. It was super crowded. Free parking and wifi in rooms.
Response by Fairfield Inn By Marriott Portland Maine Mall
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments seriously. We are working now on correcting roof issues that have been the cause of water issues in limited rooms. We hope to see you again.
reinedufromage