All hotels in North Bay, Ontario, Canada
1525 Seymour Street, (Hwy 11 & 17), North Bay, ON, P1B 8G4, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9482

"Great location - poor service"
Booked this hotel based on it having a pool for my kids. Got there and the pool was "closed for maintenance". I was not impressed! Front desk staff were very unfriendly and snapped at myself & kids if we asked them anything. Horrible stay!!!!
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Terrie, I am sorry the pool was closed during your stay, however at times we must do this for various reasons. I will definitely be speaking with the staff in regards to your comments about our service as this is not the service I expect them to deliver and please rest assure this will not happen again. Regards, Kathy
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Everything was a " could have been"....."
..could have been cleaner ( hotel hallways, carpets, ), could have been been cheaper for what it is, could of had bigger breakfast room ( most of us got breakfast and took it to our room).. It was just ..fine...OK.... thus a mediocre 3/5.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Sue, Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are competitive in the North Bay region as we do survey this regularly with comparable competition in the area. The Hot Breakfast is complimentary and we do offer trays to carry your food back to your room. Seldom do we have an issue with enough seating, however on some days which are very busy, it can happen at peak times. The hallway carpets are vacuumed daily, but please remember that most guests are walking in their outdoor footwear and depending on the weather outside it could at times be messy. Regards, Kathy
sue
"Bed comfort"
bed was too hard and we couldn't sleep on it until we put a piece of memory foam on top of mattress, pillows were uncomfortable as well.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Mary, Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. The pillows are change regularly and the mattress were replaced in 2011 so are fairly new. I will also pass your comments on to the staff. Thank you again for your comments. Regards, Kathy General Manager
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"A very run down hotel."
The pool was closed, no gym and my card keys didn't work on a regular basis. In addition, they let people set up portable BBQ's outside there rooms.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The pool and spa should be available for use by the first week in August with the new pump. I am unsure why your key would not work, sometimes when they are kept near your cell phone or a magnetic object it will effect the key, which it will need to be reprogramed, but usually there is no issue with them. Yes we allow BBQ's as we have many guests which travel weekly and don't always wish to eat at a restaurant and there is no bi-law against it and they appreciate having a home cooked meal while staying here. Regards, Kathy General Manager
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
It was adequate, but is getting very tired and for the price should be updated or lower the price, ,pool was not in operation but we were not offered any compensation. We will choose a different Hotel next time .
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for your review. I am sorry we the pool was not available during your stay. The pool is now available, we are renovating the hotel on Aug. 25, 2014 and will be replacing the bathroom tiles and carpets. The price is within the North Bay market and is reviewed often. Regards, Kathy General Manager
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Travillodge
"Travelodge Stay"
Hot tub did not work and the staff did not tell us about it. Comfort okay but would not stay there again.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for your comments, I apologize the hot tub was unable during your stay, it should be available during the first week in August. Regards, Kathy General Manager
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Not worth the money :("
We booked this hotel online and chose it because of its location, pool, hot tub, and hot breakfast. 1. When we arrived we saw a notice stating the pool and hot tub were closed for maintenance (pump on back order). We were VERY disappointed, however the lodge accommodated us with the pool in the holiday inn across the street (no hot tub though). 2. The pillows looked pretty thick but your head would sink right to the bed. I inquired about getting extra pillows but the staff was dubious about finding some. I used a sweater and gave my pillow to my daughter. 3. The handle on the toilet was broke so we had to take the back off the tank and pull the chain with each flush. And the bathroom was half renovated, pictures showed a beautiful modern bathroom but only the sink and vanity were replaced, the showere was still outdated but worked fine. 4. The hot breakfast was served to us very cold. It seems the server/cook was not aware that the warmer was not plugged in. Our meals were reheated in a microwave. My daughter got to make her own hot waffle which she loved! On the positive side I loved the scent in the place...it was suttle but refreshing. I chose to pay a higher fee for a room with the amenities we were looking for but was disappointed due to the issues that took place. It was not worth the $144 I paid!! My advice...NEVER book online without calling the hotel and assuring the amenities are operational!
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Karen, Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay and were unable to use the pool or spa due to the delay of our new pump. We do continually replace our pillows and most times there are spares in the draw of the dresser in your room and this is why the Guest Service Representative may have not been able to find one. I am unsure of the date that you stayed, but I sure we could have moved you to another room if we had known the handle on the toilet was broken. I am sorry the breakfast attendant forgot to plug in the warmer and I have spoken to her about that. We are renovating the tiles in the shower in late Aug. 2014 and the entire hotel should be completed by early to mid September. Again thank you for your review. Regards, Kathy General Manager
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
karen
"Great Staff"
Very close to highway but it could not be heard in my room facing the highway. Staff were exceptional, friendly, accommodating. Breakfast was OK but free so really can't complain about it. Clean and up to date room. I would stay here again.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your review. Yes we are right on the highway which makes it easy to access for our guests and I will pass your comment on to the staff. We hope to see you in the near future. Regards, Kathy General Manager
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"never again"
Room was very clean, too bad we weren't told the pool was closed for renovation. The heat in the hallway was oppressive and no elevator. This made it difficult getting our things upstairs. We had the ac as high as it could go in the room and it was still uncomfortable. The room saw sun all day we had to keep curtains closed. The view wasn't great anyway. This hotel is no where near the airport. We will not be staying here again.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Bywater from Ontario, Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were disappointed the pool was closed. We were waiting for a pool heater which was installed on Monday July 7th and before we can open the pool due to health and safety regulations the local health unit need to verify this is working correctly. So it should be open soon. There is air conditioning in the lobby and we do offer main floor rooms for guests who do not wish to go upstairs. You can reserve these rooms when making your reservation. I checked in our maintenance book and we did not receive a request to have your a/c looked at, did you let us know your a/c was not performing as the maintenance person could have corrected this for you had we known. The airport is 2.5 KM from the hotel and we are the second closest to the airport in North Bay. Many of our guests use our location due to this fact and find it very convenient to the airport as it is just down the highway to Airport Rd. Regards, Kathy General Manager
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"wonderful mid stop"
Close to mall, bus station and Tims, what else do you need?
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Dear Yvan from Ottawa, Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes it is convenient to have everything close by. Hope to see you in the future. Regards, Kathy General Manager
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Yvan
"Pool Closed"
We booked this hotel, specifically for the pool; however, the pool was closed for renovations. It would have been nice if this was indicated on the website at the time of booking.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for your comments. The pool is normally open, however this year we felt the pool needed to be painted and unfortunately there is never a good time of year for this. I am sorry the pool was closed during you visit, however it will be open by June 16th. Regards, Kathy General Manager
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Room is ok. Location was perfect. Hot breakfast needs much improvement except for the waffles that are always a nice treat.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the ffedback Sylvie and I'm glad you rnjoy the waffles!
2 night trip May 29, 2014
Sylvie
"Near downtown"
A regular hotel. nothing fancy. Price are a bit high for what it is.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for the response and feedback.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Just off the highway!!! Great location!!!"
Walking distance to a couple of restaurants!!! And love the fact that you don't have to go into town for a room!!!
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks so much for the excellent rating and pointing out the convenience of our location.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Natalie
"Close to highway 17 from Ottawa"
We always stay at this hotel as it is close to the highway and is always clean. Plus they have free breakfast in the morning which is perfect when you are on the go.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the review Sarah! I'm glad our location suited your needs and I've passed your compliments about the hotel's cleanliness on to our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I'm glad you enjoyed our new hot breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"great stay... friendly staff"
We had a lovely stay. Rooms were clean, front desk and cleaning staff very friendly. Bathroom due for a renovation.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for the kind words Sheila! We are scheduled for renovations this year on the remainder of our washrooms . And thanks so much for the staff compliments, I will certainly pass them on!
2 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"Close to the strippers!"
Great stay for a travelodge. We wanted a cheap hotel close to Fannie's and Wacky Wing for a friend getaway and it's a less than 5 min walk. I went to school in north bay so i knew what i wanted to do for a visit with friends and that this was a close hotel for it. The pool was fun and the breakfast in the morning is always nice not to have to worry about bringing. Staff were nice and friendly.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the very positive comments regarding our pool and breakfast .We are very pleased that you received a warm welcome from our staff and we'll look forward to hosting you on your next visit to North Bay!
2 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2014
"Wifi"
We need to pay the wifi... It is ridiculus! But it is a good hotel
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks very much for the positive review! Sorry about the Wifi, we have been working on the speed of the free service as it is slower than it should be...
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"close and convenient"
Our stay was pleasant. A ground floor unit is preferable as there are no elevators or balconies. The hot breakfast is excellent.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the kind words and feedback. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast!
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Johnny
"Wouldn't go back"
The hotel staff was not overly friendly. They didn't seem impressed that I booked through expedia. The breakfast was mediocre at best and you had to ask for eggs/meat as it was not visible or offered. We had a rowdy crowd on our floor and night staff were not on top of it at all. It was NOT worth the $$$
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
I 'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay Jenn. We certainly had some challenges with some guests the weekend of your stay and our night staff spoke to the rooms that were causing the issue to get them to quiet down. We do everything we can to ensure a restful night's sleep for our guests and address noise concerns as quickly as possible. We have a breakfast person in the kitchen so you should have been offered a hot breakfast and I will be following up on your concern raised. We certainly have no problem at all with bookings through Expedia so I will speak to our front desk and see if there was a problem with the booking and why you were left with a negative impression.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
jenn
"need to be a sound sleeper"
The hotel and staff were very pleasant and helpful but the heater/air conditioner was extremely noisy. We even had to shut it off for one of our party to get to sleep. There is not a lot of fast food places in the immediate area but deals on a couple of nearby restaurants. Close to the main shopping mall in the area.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the review Allison . I'm not sure why the heater in your room was so noisy but I will have our maintenance team check it out to see if there are issues we were not aware of.... I'm pleased to hear our staff provided a warm reception and you found our location to be convenient for your needs.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Allison
Decent enough place. Could use an renovation but they seem to have started with some of the bathroom fixtures. Hot breakfast was OK but nothing special. Only real complaints were the overpowering air freshener in the common areas and hallways and the lack of snow clearing around the doors and parking lot over the three days I was there.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for your comments and feedback Kevin. We were trying the air freshner out on a trial basis but based on feedback we received we have turned down the scent. Our staff do all they can to keep the entrances and patio door areas free of snow but this has been particularly tough this winter; sorry for the inconvenience. We are renovating areas of the hotel this year , including lights and washrooms
3 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Close to the Mall"
It is a good stay, the hotel staff were great. The buffet breakfast was fine, and the rooms were clean. But it didnt feel like a hotel, had a feeling of a motel.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the very positive comments regarding the staff , breakfast and room cleanliness. I will certainly share your notes with our staff .
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Close to all I needed"
Excellent stay... clean room , courteous staff.. THANKS
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Wow, thanks so much for the comments and feedback Joan; very much appreciated!! I will certainly share the comments with our staff!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Joan
"Got what we paid for"
No issues with the cleanliness of the room, but it felt like they shoved an extra queen sized bed in the room as an after fact. It blocked part of the sliding door. The pool and hot tub are outdated and need to be cleaned properly. Having the staff take a reading and throw chemicals in the pool is not enough. The breakfast buffet was not exactly that. The girl offered the hot meal which was cheese omelette and sausage patty, but only one of each. The toast maker consistently burnt the bread with no adjustments to the toaster even after requesting one. I stayed here about 20 years ago and unfortunately not much has changed since then. The breakfast buffet is a good attempt at trying to compete with other hotels in North Bay, but if you are going to do it, do it right.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for the feedback. Our hot breakfast is a new addition to the hotel and obviously we still have some kniks to work out of the system. The toaster should have been adjusted by the staff and we will address that issue. We unable to provide a buffet due to space limitations but any of our guests are welcome to ask for more hot items from the staff. and we have an extensive selection of other food items on display including fresh waffles. We make every effort to meet our guest expectations and will continue to work to ensure our breakfast does just that.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Kenny
We Enjoy staying here when we visit family in North Bay.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks so much for the positive feedback, very much appreciated!
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Won't stay there again."
After a long day of skiing my teenagers were looking forward to sitting in the hot tub. It was closed. Waited 20 minutes in line for towels for the pool(had to get from front desk) she was buzzy arguing with a guest on the phone. At check out The lady was trying to hide a lit cigarette. It smelled so much like smoke. When I asked her about the cigarette, she looked at me like I was crazy. Really bad stay. Will not stay or recommend this hotel.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. We always try to ensure guest requests for towels, etc.. are met in a timely manner but sometimes the desk becomes very busy and there are delays. My apologies for the excessive amount of time you had to wait for the towels. Our guest agents do not smoke inside the property so I can assure you it was not a lit cigarette. She was likely on her way outside for a break but it has been addressed with the staff member in question. Unfortunately it is sometimes necessary to shut down the pool or hot tub if our readings are not within acceptable limits for the health and safety regulations While I realize this is frustrating, we are rigid in instructing our staff to close an area if necessary.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
L
It was great, modern and the bedding was great it was clean and new. I'd stay there all the time from now on.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Chantal, thanks so much for the very positive feedback and compliments. We are very pleased you had an excellent stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Chantal Demers
"Nice Hotel in North Bay, Ontaro"
The bathroom was clean and had new countertop. The ebd was comfortable and the TV was adequate size. The internet was a little slow. The breakfast was very good and included bacon and eggs in addtion to the usdual furit and cereal. I would stay again.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks Warren for taking the time to post your feedback and for the very postive rating. I'm glad you were pleased with your stay and I will pass on your compliments to the staff.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Warren
"Business Overnight"
room was clean, updated and staff were great. Breakfast offered was very good and overall a great stay. Plenty of restaurants close by with 2 within walking distance. Will stay here again on next trip.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks so much for the compliments! I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
Terry
"Clean and comfortable"
needs updating and for the price there should be a mini fridge in every room
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions. We are working on acquiring enough fridges for every room and have completed the 1st floor. We are continuing property updates and have recently completed a dining room renovation that now allows us to offer a hot breakfast for our guests.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"great hotel"
friendly staff, great breakfast, nice pool!
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the very positive feedback! I have passed your compliments on to our staff.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
"Stink"
Main floor smells like cigarette smoke as they have smoking room. Very convenient, but yuck. Hotels.com was amazing to deal with though. When the hotel double charged my booking, it took only a few minutes for hotels.com to clear up the misunderstanding. Awesome service
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Sorry about the smell of smoke down that particular hallway. The main hallway on the 1st floor and entire 2nd floor are no smoking sections. We're glad you liked the location and were able to resolve the billing issue in a timely fashion.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2013
K
"Clean, simple hotel, close to Hwy 11 and mall"
we needed a place to stay for a wedding weekend and the Travelodge was a good choice. Clean, quiet, good location, sufficient breakfast, small pool but clean, beds were comfortable. Main floor rooms had sliding doors to go straight outside. Free Wifi in room, good hotel for price.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the compliments, always appreciated!
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Not happy with front desk staff out smoking while waiting to check out, plus they leave the front doors open as it was a nice day but of course the smoke blows in while having breakfast in the morning.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thank you for the feedback and I have spoken to the front desk staff regarding the issues raised to prevent a reoccurance.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Clean with friendly staff!"
Staff were very friendly and assisted us immediately.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the compliments! I will pass your comments on to our housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Clean and well managed"
Good price ,quiet.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the very positive review. I'm happy to hear our hotel met your expectations and your stay was comfortable.
5 night trip Sep 18, 2013
H Braam
"Easy to Find"
The hotel was comfortable and well kept. The cleaning staff clean everything, even the marble doorway thresh hold was polished. The first night we were there, the hot tub was down down for maintenance, but it was operational the next day. Pool was clean, warm. Breakfast is your typical continental; toaster waffles, bread, bagles, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice, oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. It was a good hotel for the price!
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks very much for your compliments and hotel details Colin. I am passing your comments on to our housekeeping and maintenance staff and I'm sure they will be very pleased you noticed their efforts. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast; we are enhancing it to include more hot items in 2014 so please visit us again soon!
3 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
Colin
A fridge in the room would have been nice. Also most hotels have a more extensive breakfast. Ex eggs sausage bacon. This could be added.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the Feedback. We plan on offering a more extensive hot breakfast in 2014 so please check us out again soon. If you request a fridge when you are booking your room we can make sure it is there on check in or we can assign a room that has one already installed.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Good enough hotel"
Most of the bathroom was upgraded with a new counter unit, and toilet was relatively new. Tub and shower area was dated from the 1980's and there was extensive mold on the grout. Both mattresses were hard. Overall main part of hotel room was clean and modernly furnished.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the comments Rob. We have been working on updating our rooms as we realize some of the tile work is dated. The mattresses are relatively new and the hardness may not suit all of our guests...We appreciate the compliments on cleanliness and I'll pass them on to our Housekeeping staff.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Rob
"nice hotel"
Everything is o.k.!
Thanks for the 4 Stars!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
W.H. Mok
"Nice hotel close to highway"
Nice hotel, friendly staff and quiet rooms. We couldn't hear anybody and I think the hotel was almost sold out. It's also close to a good family friendly restaurant called Wacky Wings.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the compliments Wayne. Glad you enjoyed the new restaurant across from our hotel, Wacky Wings. Quite a wide selection of chicken wings and a convenient location to the hotel.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Wayne
"Hit and Miss"
To me Travelodge's are a hit or a miss hotel. They seem to be either good or horrible. This one was one of the hit ones. Looked newly renovated, lots of parking for oversized units, good restaurant right next door (and you got a 10% discount if you showed your room card), nice pool and hot tub. It is right along side the Trans Canada highway. Road noise with the window closed was not a problem. Very pleased with everything-if I ever happen to find my way back in this area I would definitely book again.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the very positive comments! We have been doing work on the hotel and it's nice to see they are appreciated. We hope to see you again the next time you're in our area.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Never again"
This facility is poor.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisified with your stay at our property Jen. While we certainly strive to make our guests' stay a positive experience sometimes there are issues that arise that need to be addressed. We encourage guests to contact the hotel directly and one of our management team will review concerns or problems that may be outstanding.
2 night trip May 12, 2013
"Excellent Staff, clean room"
The hotel staff were very pleasant to deal with and the room was nice and clean. The Pool and spa were unavailable to use. This was a major disappointment since they were a big reason why we picked this hotel. The TV had little choice and there was no system to order a movie.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the compliments and I apologize for the pool and spa being unavailable during your stay. There are times when we must close the pool and/or spa for maintenance to ensure a safe environment for our guests and unfortunately that occured during your stay. The movie system is usually available but there was a system crash on that date. Sorry again for the inconvenience and thanks for the positive remarks.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Hotel"
Was comfortable for my business trip, room was clean and had a few things for breakfast, ie. juice and toast the odd piece of fruit.
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the feedback. We have recently switched to a Hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, etc.. to offer our guests more variety.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
he was great
Response by Travelodge Airport North Bay
Thanks for the positive rating
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2013
stephen
"Aug. 15-17 Try another hotel!"
We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the TV and fridge worked. We were on the ground floor because we were travelling with our dog. There were 2 small bars of soap and shampoo (but no crème rinse) in the bathroom which was very clean but dated. The front desk staff was not very welcoming, however, there was a very pleasant woman who worked in the kitchen area in the morning. The hot buffet consisted of a microwave to warm up hard boiled eggs. Coffee, tea, dry cereal, bagels, muffins and fruit rounded out the breakfast menu. It was quiet the first night but very noisy the second. My husband had to phone the front desk at 2 a.m. to complain about a group of people drinking & smoking & whooping it up on the patio area outside our room. Things settled down when a hotel employee talked to them, but started up again at 4 a.m. Not worth the money!
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Ken & Mary
"average"
Not that great for the money. But all north bay hotels seem to be expensive and no real reason.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"avoid if possible"
Not well clean like under the matresses. Pet hotel old and ugly building. Didsapointment . Dirty pool. Bad breakfast with few choices and very few tables.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013