All hotels in Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
127 Public Sq, Cleveland, OH, 44114, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Clean
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Regular internet service
"Hotel room is good but not welcoming"
I made reservation in Marriott Downtown at key center on Aug 30th, 2014 for my out of town visitor after I read the raving reviews, trusting that they would take good care of my guests for me. I made the reservation through Expedia and paid for the parking and breakfast as well. However, when my guests checked in, they were asked to pay for the parking and they were not notified about the breakfast when they checked in. I called the hotel when I found out about it on Aug 30th and asked them to notify my guests about their breakfast. No one reached out to them even though I left their phone number to the hotel staff. My guests had to inquire about their parking and also their breakfast during their stay and they didn't feel welcome by the hotel. However my guests were happy with their room comfort and hotel surrounding. I was disappointed that my guests didn't receive the class of service that I thought they should.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Cherry
"Downtown!"
We only stayed for 1 night, with a late arrival. Seemed very nice though.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Primo location and hotel!"
I loved this hotel. It was walking distance to great restaurants the ball park, etc. My only beef is that I saw knucklehead unsupervised kids in the fitness room. Signs could help, but it's really up to parents to supervise their kids. My only complaint was that we were told originally it was 20$ to park, then when checking out and showed the hotel rep my parking ticket, she said it was only 7$ and that I'd pay on the way out. There was no attendant and the machine scan told us 20. Semi minor complaint, but wish I hadn't got my hopes up at the end for a discount.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Roxanne
"Ideal location"
With easy access to all sports venues, the downtown casino, museums and restaurants, this hotel is tastefully appointed, comfortable and staffed by ceaselessly pleasant people.
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
"Location is Ideal"
Upon arrival, the check in was shaky. An error was made taking too much out of my bank account for the required damage protection. It was brought to their attention and quickly corrected. As compensation they awarded me cash to use in the hotel during my stay. They were very professional!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Nick
"Excellent Service!"
I booked a room for only one night to go out in the city for my 22nd birthday with some friends. When I checked into the hotel I briefly mentioned that I was there for my birthday and two hours later the hotel staff sent up a complimentary brownie and other chocolate assortments to the room. The desk clerk even wrote a personal note to say happy birthday and that she hopes I have a great night. Its the small things that really make a difference and this hotel shines in that category. On top of that, the hotel and room were beautiful.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Maria
We had wonderful night only check in time was 4:00 pm. it was kind of to late to check in time.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Shin Huang
"Best Location - Very Classy!"
Couldn't have been a better location - close to 4th Street, water, stadium, landmarks. Staff was just as exceptional. First time in Cleveland and looking forward to going back!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Ann
"Close to Rock and Roll Hall Museum"
We enjoyed our trip. It would have been nice to have the hot tub running but there was no water in it. Also, the pool was only 3 1/2 feet deep. Very hard to swim. Breakfast at the hotel was wonderful. Beds were comfortable. When I called front desk and asked for additional supplies, it came promptly.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Cleveland Rocks"
Coming in, I could not find the parking garage! It was hidden underground with no signs indicating where it was. Visiting for a conference in the hotel, the staff didn't know any information about it...but they did find out for me. The staff was very friendly and very willing to help. The room was very nice and comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Angie, Realtor
"Not what I expected."
I paid the higher price for free parking and breakfast. When I got there, I asked about the free parking and got a very condescending reply from a man at the front desk.. we proceeded to ask later about the free breakfast and were rudely told that there wasn't free breakfast. I am very dissatisfied.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Convenient location / Heart of the City"
Everything about this hotel was first-rate. Location was convenient and walking distance to every attaction we were interested in seeing (E. 4th, Progressive Field, Rock and Roll Hall, Horseshoe Casino, etc.). Staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. Only had breakfast in the restaurant, but it was great. Bar was cozy, and drinks were... well, let's just say...tasty... Definately would stay again in the future.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"great hotel in a great location"
all excellent, except very few things: empty refrigerator, a mini-bar would have been expected in an hotel like this - I missed that very much. Some of the shelves in the bathroom were not clean, and a couple of the shampoos were empty, they overlooked that. No transportation to and from the airport whatsoever, get either a taxi or take the train. Otherwise the room was impeccable, the service was excellent, great, comfortable room. I would have liked if the high speed internet did not require 17 bucks extra per day plus tax!.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
N
"Expensive but nice"
This hotel is right near Browns stadium and my room had a beautiful view of the lake. Beautiful hotel, but not much bang for your buck. Parking not included, no voucher for breakfast. $50/day valet. You would think the high room rates would include some amenities.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Hilary
"Very nice hotel in downtown"
Walking distance to all museums. The host of the concierge lounge is the best in the world . Pete makes you feel like an honored guest, with a touch of family welcome.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
Stayed at the marriott for two days to get away with my girlfriend, and had an excellent stay. It's worth paying a little extra for parking and breakfast, because the food was great. Hot tub was down for our stay but we didn't mind. Walking distance to everything you want to do; we went to the Indians game and casino (among other things) and the walks were fine. Definitely staying again when in town.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Jordan
"Close to all amenities!"
Customer service was excellent. All the staff was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and engaged.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Queen Doodle
"Too many extra charges"
The room itself was excellent. Clean, large, comfortable, quiet. But, extra tiny fridge with no ice compartment for our blue ice. Analog TV? Are you kidding? Very expensive parking. Charge for WiFi. Not acceptable
Response by Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Dear Valued Guest: I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on www.hotels.com regarding your stay here at the Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center. It is only through valuable comments from concerned guests, such as you, that we can continue to improve our overall product and level of service. I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the job. I do apologize about the TV. We are aware of the analog TV’s and are working with the cable company to get everything set up to transition to HD TV’s. I also apologize about the parking price. We do not own the parking garage and the third party vendor that owns the company sets the price. It is unacceptable for your service to not be up to Marriott Standards. I truly hope this unfortunate situation will not hinder you from returning to the Cleveland Marriott at Key Center. We would appreciate the opportunity to prove that our hotel truly offers the finest quality and level of service you have come to expect from Marriott. Thank you again for your comments.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good location in the square"
Good location near some restaurants and offices. The store in the lobby was a bit pricey for some common items.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Josh
My wife and I always stay at this hotel and will continue to do so...this is one of my favorite Marriott hotels in the country.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
We booked Cleveland Marriott Downtown to go to a concert at Quicken Loans Arena. The location was very convenient. We walked to the concert and there were lots of pubs around. The only disappointing was the cleaniness of the bathroom. I found lots of hair on the floor and on the bath tube. I cleaned the bathroom myself before using it!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Renata
"Just a perfect stay!"
The hotel was conveniently located for our downtown stay. The view of the lake and Browns stadium was great. Very clean and well maintained. Exceptional service from Alan with all our packages. We will be back.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
"Beautiful hotel in great location"
I brought my wife and son along on a very short (overnight) business trip to Cleveland. They had a great time while I worked. The hotel has great amenities and located within walking distance (or free bus service) to all kinds of attractions.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Free fireworks display"
We checked off a bucket list item by going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It was a great spring weekend and our accomodations in Cleveland at the Marriott were outstanding. Great location in the center of downtown. Easy walk to RRHF and to the casino and shopping galleria. A bonus that we hadn't counted on and wasn't in any of the write ups is the fireworks display. At about 10:30 or 11 we heard some booms going off in the distance. A look out our window got us a great seat for the end of game fireworks display from the baseball stadium. The Indians were playing the A's. Our room faced te stadium and we got to see it all. Othere than that the hotel room and personnel were great.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Skip
"Closest to Convention Center"
I was very pleased with my overnight stay at the Marriott. We asked for a handicapped accessible room at check-in, and we were accommodated with no problem. The valet staff was very helpful with our car and luggage. Our service could not have been better.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Helen
Overall excellent stay at an excellent city.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Wonderful!!"
What a great staff. They were attentive and courteous and even upgraded our room for free. Since we were there for our sons graduation from college they also surprised us with a bottle of champagne in our room. I've traveled around the world for decades so I know a great hotel and staff when I encounter one. Special acknowledgement to May Kennard - Front desk supervisor. So gracious!!
3 night business trip May 24, 2014
Rebecca
"Stayed due to running the cleveland marathon."
Excellent all around stay. It met all of our needs.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Great place and located near all major activities
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
Room was clean, beds were comfy, staff was friendly. No complaints! Such a great location!
Other trip May 23, 2014
"close to Public Hall concert"
Hotel and food were great. Service in the bar area was poor. In the evening there appeared to be one server covering the entire bar area. He was running ragged. We ordered chips and after a wait, finally got them, In his defense he did not charge us.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"2 blocks from my sons apartment"
It was a clean and comfortable room but the hallways were noisy
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Would stay again"
Great hotel. Right in the heart of the city & near to the R&R Hall of Fame & Greater Science Center. Very close driving distance to everything else. Very polite & helpful staff. Room was nice. Only complaint was cleanliness of room was not super. Found piece of paper behind toilet, among other small things. Pool was more of a fitness pool than swimming pool so not ideal for small children. They still enjoyed themselves though. Overall, we had a pleasant stay, & I would definitely stay here again on a return trip.
Other trip May 3, 2014
The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in. The room was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Good Choice"
I wish the cost of parking and internet were included in the price. A Continental breakfast would have been very convenient also.
"sleepless night"
Beautiful motel, room was very nice, Bed was like sleeping on the sidewalk. I finally gave up at 3:00am and slept in the chair.
Keith
Our sleep was peaceful, services were prompt and the room was clean and the people were polite and helpful.
Response by Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel and staff. I am happy to hear that your sleep was peaceful. We will share your praise throughout our hotel and with our team. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
Dominique
"Excellent!"
Nothing more said - One of the Best in Cleveland
Response by Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Thank you for the positive guest comments. We share our guest comments throughout the team to celebrate our success. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
Martin
"nice hotel in downtown"
Sunday branch was horrible and the same about service ,long wait and the food is very disapointing
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
It is a kind of old building, but I love everything else.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Our rooms were not what I reserved and was very disappointed.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
My family and I enjoyed our stay. We really have no complaints. The only thing that I would have liked was an in room coffee maker.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Very nice, modern and close to everything"
Out for a night at casino and drinks and got a casino shuttle back to marriot, safe, fun and very nice!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Great Lake View!"
My wife and I truly enjoyed the entire experience staying at the Marriott Key Tower Hotel
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Excellent hotel downtown"
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was nice, bed was very comfortable and had great views of downtown.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Almost Perfect"
Room 1517 has musty carpet and the fridge doesn't work. Lucky for me I travel with air spray and all we had were beverages to refrigerate, so using an ice bucket was fine. If these hotel reviews are truly read by management and not just a waste of the consumer's time, I see where musty carpet and non-working fridges are one of the main complaints, so management should really do something about that. Other than that, my stay was perfect. I got free Wi-Fi as a rewards member. We all got complimentary bottled water. The restaurant gave my husband a free cocktail. Our checkout time was extended until 1pm because my family (we had three rooms booked) wanted to make a quick run for the casino. The night before we walked over to the mall, arena...everything was just right there at our fingertips. When I tell you the staff is EXCELLENT, I'm not exaggerating. It's actually the staff's genuineness that keeps you from wanting to make any type of complaint. Right down to the bell boy; he refused to take our tip and made sure we could find the nearest restaurant of our choice while we headed to our final destination. We checked in a half hour early and parking options were extremely economic. I honestly don't see us staying at any other hotel when visiting the Cleveland are.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
E. N. Joy
"Very Nice Hotel but high charge for wifi and park"
Hotel was great but thought it was a bit much to charge 16.95 for wifi and 20 to park
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Great downtown location !"
Stayed here for 2 weekend nights. Very comfortable and walking distance to all the activities n entertainment locations!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not as advertised"
I've stayed at Marriott all over the world. I am a Marriott member. They advertised a steam room which is what I was looking for. They had a sauna and a cold hot tub. This is the first diss appointment I've experienced with Marriott in several years.
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
Missy
"Proposed"
I thought my stay was amazing and I even proposed in our room and she loved it. Best hotel I've ever stayed in by far!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014