All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
481 Eighth Ave., New York, NY, 10001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"In the Heart of Manhattan"
Great location and friendly staff. Love the 24 hour coffee shop attached and the restaurant with bar looking out over the busyness of 8th Ave.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2015
I got upgraded to a better room. Thank you
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Nelson
"Simple and effective"
Just needed a safe and quiet place to stay, and the hotel met those criteria. The Wyndham is near subway stops and the city's rail and bus transportation hubs, so the hotel is also very conveniently located. And it's located in a great neighborhood.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"Greatly location for the price"
We had a great time at the hotel. Its location is great, next to the Penn Station subway and train station. We highly recommend it.
2 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
"one week new york trip"
one week stay. very ideal location, within walking distance to everywhere. subway stations around the blocks, diagonally across the street from Madison square garden. Great location. The hotel is a little old, no coffee maker in the room. But it is very secure. Great place to stay with families.
7 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Good stay!"
rWe had a very nice stay at the hotel. Room and bathroom very small, however. Service and staff were excellent.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Krista
"I will stay because of the location"
I stayed for 4days , the walls are so thin , you can hear everything , there is no coffee maker , you need to ask them to provide one, the toilet do not have an exhaust fan , and the bed is really bad gave me a back problem . The good thing is it's close to subway , time square and has tons of restaurants close by also the hotel has a restaurant open 24/7.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Vasehi
"Everything you see is what it is"
Everything was simple and perfectly set up
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Samuel
"Great Location in Midtown Manhattan!"
Enjoyed staying at the Wyndham New Yorker. I will stay again. Great location!!! I was not prepared for how small the rooms were but we made it work. The rooms were always very clean though(huge issue for me). I was surprised there was no complimentary coffee onsite but there was a McDonalds and Starbucks across the street. The room did not have a refrigerator either. We accommodated by walking to K-Mart and buying a collapsible cooler. We always keep drinks available in the room. I booked the room through Expedia so we got a discounted rate. But that did not include Wi-Fi. We were charged an additional $23.99 per night whether we used the Wi-Fi or not. Probably still came out cheaper. All in all, it was a great stay. Everyone was super friendly especially Suzie with the concierge service.
4 night family trip May 27, 2015
Shannon
"Experience versus expectations"
Our room was a major disappointment as it not look anything to pictures on the website. We felt very cheated and that had we known about the poor type of rooms we would have booked a different hotel. Poor Poor Poor.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Mpho
"Disappointing compared to stay last year!"
Stayed there 5 nights last year; everything was great. Not so much this year--very disappointing. The cooling system was minimal at best, but ok if turned to coolest setting (60 degrees ) and highest fan speed from the minute you walk in room and leave it there the entire time (I even left a big note on the unit for housekeeping to not adjust it!). Be sure to request a coffee maker if you want one (and then hope you get coffee & cups each day). Housekeeping service was the worst. One day we got 2 shampoos but no conditioner. Last year, we had a small fridge. This year, we could have had one for an extra $20. When we checked in, I mentioned how nice our room was last year and the agent "found" us an upgraded room; there was absolutely nothing upgraded about this room, unless they think scaffolding outside is an upgrade. IF we do stay there again, I will ask for a room on a lower floor because elevator rides up and down stop so often at other floors. I don't care about any view. We would stay there again ONLY because location to Penn Station and a Metro stop.
4 night family trip May 17, 2015
Pleasant - great location
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Excellent location"
Excellent location, service is average, atmosphere is not very welcoming, staff seems overwhelmed.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Joel
"Great Experience"
It was my first time at a Wyndham and I was extremely happy with the stay; the location was great, walking distance from most of the places we wanted to visit. The hotel was very good and it offered free wifi, I honestly don't remember the last time I was not charged for it so it was a pleasant surprise - I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Lillian
"Awesome suite with fantastic views"
We came to NYC for our daughter's college graduation. We wanted a suite so we could entertain some friends and family instead of going out to a noisy, crowded, expensive restaurant. I was able to get a fantastic rate for this hotel and the room was spectacular! We had a 1 bedroom suite with a pull out sofa and it was perfect. Up on the 38th floor, the views were nothing less than breathtaking! The room was very spacious for any hotel, but especially large for NYC! Everyone that visited was impressed with the room and we had a great celebration for our daughter. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially suite 3802! Special thanks to Mohammed at reception who checked us in and the called us to be sure everything was perfect for us. The only negative things I could say would be that there is a hotel fee of $23. on top of your room fee an parking is $60-$70 depending on the size of your car, they also charge $2/bag if you want to store your luggage after check out.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Pat
"Great roomy hotel, next door to Penn Station"
Everything was good except when cleaning supervisor wanted to come in and did, even after us telling her not to. Check in could be more personal.
Other trip May 23, 2015
call me Bob
"in town for graduation"
My fifteen year old daughter and I came for graduation at Columbia U. We stayed Saturday and Sunday nights. Easy check-in -out. We had a great room, #3301. View of Hudson (and sunset). Very spacious with 2 closets. Bathroom small but expected in Manhattan. Quiet. Lots of light leaked through door edges from small alcove off of main hallway to our room. Worst experience with elevators ever, but only on Sunday morning! All cars too stuffed to go down. Very helpful staff member took us to back service elevators. When we inquired at front desk and with bellman, no advice given in regards to days/timing of jam. "Give yourself extra time." Not helpful when planning transport time to scheduled event/fight/etc.! Must try Tick Tock restaurant, can access through hotel lobby. Very clean and efficient. We had lunch and breakfast. Great coffee (strong, yum!). Penn Station on corner for subway and train access to Newark Airport. Near Empire State Building.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
Sandra
"Convenient location"
Hotel was a quick walk from Penn Station and bus station. The lobby was bright and modern and the concierge desk was very helpful. The only disappointment was the room. While it appeared clean, it was small and outdated. The furniture and bathroom could use a rehab. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. All in all, it was a good value in a good location.
Giovanna
"Remodeled rooms"
Good location, takes a while for water to get hot on 8th floor
steve
It was nice and convenient to many of the city sights.
Other trip May 21, 2015
It was a great experience, great locations, good services.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"If there's nowhere else ..."
Easy access to a lot of stuff, but the hotel could definitely use an update. Service was surly, but they got the job done. Good in a pinch, but I wouldn't stay here on purpose.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Family graduation time"
The hotel is in an excellent location.
4 night family trip May 14, 2015
Bertha
"Good stay"
I was here for business. Service was good and the room was a good size for the city. Lots of good rrestaurants within walking distance.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
We had a good stay at the hotel, which has been very impressively restored. The only negative was that the room door wouldn't latch and we couldn't go put to eat.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"A Hotel for Sleeping"
Great hotel if you're not spending much more time in your room other than relaxing/sleeping in bed. Though this hotel is one of the original hotels in the "modern" NYC era (built in the early 1920's), it doesn't hold much of that art deco charm. But for the comfort and location, it's a great deal for the price. I was looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel in NYC. The New Yorker is a decent hotel for the price for sure and the history and location are big pluses if it's your first time in NYC or if you're just there to be a tourist. For Business this is a great hotel as well because the location is so easy to get in and out of. The room I had was small, though that's to be expected given the price and age of the room. But though it was small and the decor was aged and uninteresting, it was very clean and didn't have a creepy feel to it. I was comfortable for sure. If you're a NYC regular looking for something special or if your going to NYC to party and have a unique NYC experience, then pony up another $50-$100 for one of the premiere hotels in town where you'll get views and luxury and style like no where else in the world.
2 night trip May 14, 2015
Nice place to stay for a night not sure for a longer stay.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Juan
"Hidden costs"
well you don't actually expect to pay an obligatory facility fee...and actually 2$ for each bag that your leave them (plus tip, of course)...and if you ask for an hourly addition to parking they tell you you're welcome to pay the whole day. Will not get back there for sure
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
Martina
"too expensive"
the location and the lobby are good and gorgeous, but the rooms are very old and not that clean. Anyway, it is too expensive.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Waleed
"after your money in any possible way"
It is an hotel that charges 22 dollars of compulsory fee even if you do not use the gym. It is an hotel were they want 2 dollars for any piece of luggage you need to leave in storage. It is an hotel where they are happy to keep your car in the parking for an extra 30 minutes, provided you pay a full day parking fee... All these fees are legal, although not really well advertised when you book the hotel. They really disrupt the hotel experience. And make hard to relax.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
Giuseppe
"Very satisfied"
Great room, awesome view, fantastic location. This was our third stay at this hotel this year and we'll be back there during our next stay.
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Besides the renovation was ongoing the hotel and staff were excellent
Other trip May 16, 2015
gabisa
Everyone at the hotel was very nice but Mohammad was the best. He was very personable and went above and beyond. I would come back to this hotel because of his kindness.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
Danielle
"Great location & clean"
Great location. Convenient to shooing, subway and train station. We booked two rooms. My husband and J get the clean one. Our son gets the old, shaggy, one with dingy bathroom. There is no extra electric outlet in his room and he has to unplug the table lamp to use the outlet to charge his phone.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Jane
Room was great, all new but had some old quaint features that we loved. Would defiantly stay again! Plenty of room for the 2 of us. Beds really comfy, bathroom immaculate. An extra bonus was the view.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
Hope
"Uneven shower temperature"
Nice, bright lobby. Tiny room. Shower water temperature constantly surprises you with either scalding or freezing, no matter how hard you try to get an even, steady temperature. Hotel "nickel-and-dimes" for every little "amenity". You have to pay an extra $22.00 per day for 4 amenities, even if you do not want them. Very unfair.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Rich
"Quick trip"
Seems like it has recently turned over to a Wyndham property. Being built in the 1930s the rooms are small but it's a nice place none-the-less. There is some construction going on outside but it didn't bother us in our room.
2 night family trip May 10, 2015
"New York trip"
Very quiet room. Comfy bed!
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Anthony
"In the middle of everything New York"
right on the middle of the busy city! And a short walk from the High Line , a real treat.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Guest"
Excellent location. Friendly staff. The suite was very spacious and comfortable, however a little disappointed that there was no microwave in the room.
4 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Bad room"
bad room with small bath and can not control the heat of water. The facility cost 22 dollars each day for the Internet and phone calls. It is rediculou. There is no drinking water in room and no microwave. Everything lost and old.
"NYC for the opera"
Four friends in NYC for opera at the Met. This hotel was a very easy stroll from Penn Station, which was what we were looking for. Price was right; staff was friendly; room was bright, cheery, and clean. Tick Tock Diner in the hotel was great for breakfast!
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Sandra
"The hotel is close to iconic places in NYC"
Simply great! The location is amazing: few blocks away from iconic places like the Empire State Building and right next to Madison Square Garden & Penn Station. We stayed at a suite (2 queen size beds and 1 sofa/bed) perfect for 5 family members. The suite included 2 bathrooms, tv, desk and fridge. The staff was always willing to help and you get to enjoy services like: business center (to print your boarding passes or emails), fitness center and also 2 diners/restaurants located in the lobby. I would definitely come back every time I come to NYC
Wilson
"Yes !"
Great location and coffee shop food excellent....older room with small bathroom but totally fine...would stay there again...
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Outdated with small rooms and expensive parking"
The only redeeming thing about this hotel is its location. The rooms are TINY and outdated, and the staff seems very overworked.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"watch out for the extra $22 daily facility fee"
this is a beautiful hotel but be aware there is a $22 facility fee for each night you stay in addition to the room price you pay on hotels.com. You also must pay for everything including coffe and tea.
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Never again"
Room was like a closet. Dirty, old and run down. Smallest TV I have ever seen. Staff was rude and tried to add a $22 per day service charge when we checked in.
3 night business trip May 7, 2015
Pamela
"Rude front desk clerk"
I arrived at the hotel early to ask what time checking was and was verbally assaulted for asking questions by Gabina, the hotel desk clerk. I was just trying to see what time I could check in and that question was too much for Gabina who became increasingly angry with every question I asked her although I was calm and just trying to verify my check in options. The overall hotel is fine. The rooms are a little small but it is New York. I would never go back just because of the experience I had with the desk clerk. Other than that the hotel is just fine.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
Durrell
"Tiny Room - Great loacation"
If you want to stay close to action at Fashion street, Macy's, and Proximity to Penn station, Newyorker hotel is great. If you are looking for comfortable room look else where. I and my wife could hardly move around in the room with no coffee or fridge in the room!
Other trip May 11, 2015
Indogenius
"Gives you all you need when on a budget!"
My boyfriend arrived in NYC on a Saturday. We needed a room for just one night and didn't want to blow our budget. This place gives you exactly all you need while being gentle on your wallet.
Other trip May 11, 2015