All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here70 Park Ave, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lousy Kimpton experience"
I reserved a handicapped accessible room when I booked via hotels.com. I didn't mean to - upon checking my reservation, that was my mistake. I recommend hotels.com advising customers in bold letters or with a pop up window when they make such a reservation. The room was pitiful. The shower was level with the rest of the bathroom floor, as it was handicapped accessible. The shower head angled directly into the center of the bathroom and the shower curtain did not reach the floor - as a result, when we took a shower, the entire bathroom flooded. It was clear from the water marks on the wall that this happened before. I called the front desk to explain this issue, they replied that the hotel was fully booked and we could not be moved. They offered to send more towels. I got engaged the day before. I will always remember one of my first nights as an engaged couple on our hands and knees on bathroom floor, sopping up the mess. The second problem was the temperature- almost 80 degrees in our room. We were so uncomfortable, we could not sleep, and in the middle of the night, I again called the front desk. They sent an engineer, who explained there was no air conditioning; it was so hot because our room was so close to the main heater and we could only shut the heat off and he could get us a fan. I explained this all upon checkout. Because I prepaid it was not possible to reduce my rate or offer a refund. They offered complimentary breakfast, but we had already eaten.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Park 70"
The staff is so accomodating and nice
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
susan
"70 Park Ave"
Nice hotel and excellent staff, but room was very hot
2 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Sal
Was in for show close walking distance to everything staff was very nice and room was great
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
anne
"Great experience"
What a great experience for the price. Every person from front desk, baggage claim, bartenders and doorman were very helpful and extremely polite. I normally don't give reviews but this one was well deserved. I was very happy with my stay
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
david
"Charming hotel! Completely lovely!"
This was our first stay at 70 Park. The hotel & staff went well beyond any other hotel I've been. We were greeted with a complimentary wine greeting. The hotel was quiet at night.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Very good hotel close to action"
A cozy hotel with an excellent staff, within easy walking of much in midtown Manhattan. The rooms are NY small, but very clean. The only problem is the lack of temperature control, which meant an overheated room during my stay. But a free wine hour from 5 to 6 p.m. compensates.
Duke
"Nice, affordable hotel"
Very nice affordable hotel in a cool location. Only problem was hot water took 15 minutes to come on. Other than that, it was classy and nice.
"NYC for Christmas"
A little disappointing for a Kimpton property...but I have very high expectations of Kimpton. Pros...location (close and quiet), service. Cons...very small bathroom and room.
4 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Weekend in NYC"
I've stayed at Kimpton hotels throughout the US, and have always been pleased by the consistent, high quality of their hotels. We stayed at 70 Park Hotel the weekend following Christmas. The hotel is an easy walk from Grand Central Station, check in was a breeze and the room was clean and well maintained. We stayed in a bedroom with King sized bed, honor bar, wall mounted television. Room was small, but well appointed with comfortable mattress and bedding. Plenty of room for two people on a romantic weekend away (and we spent relatively little time in the room). WiFI in rooms - good quality for our researching needs (e.g. where to go, what restaurants) Daily wine social in the lobby is nice and a good start to the evening. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Hotel location is an easy walk to the Theater district, Times Square and multiple access points to the metro system. Great hotel, reasonably priced - I would stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Very nice room. Perfect for our stay. Perfect area for our trip. The wine reception was a nice bonus
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Liked being a few blocks from all the craziness."
This hotel is located 2 blocks from Grand Central Station on Park Avenue. Such a nice neighborhood & quiet area. Liked being a few blocks from all the craziness of the city. The hotel staff was absolutely wonderful! Very nice and accommodating! Nice quaint bar inside the hotel for a relaxing nightcap. In morning, cute cafe inside hotel with free coffee for all hotel guests. Can buy pastries, yogurt, fruit, hardboiled eggs, etc. for a quick breakfast. Inside hotel lobby, had ice water "on tap" for guests which was great after getting back from a hectic day. Would definitely come back to this hotel in future. Only drawback was no view. All double bed rooms are on the backside of the hotel and windows are blocked out. No view. Not a big deal though.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Best stay in Manhattan ever."
The staff just couldn't do enough for us, made us feel like part of the Kimpton family.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Allen
"Cozy hotel in prime location - very affordable!"
Great place!
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Awesome location, friendly staff, clean and modern"
It was a pleasure staying at the 70 park hotel . I had a brief stay and really see myself going back soon. Aside from the great location the room I was in was really fantastic. I was lucky to enjoy a night here.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
dave
"shrinking violets"
Nice hotel with friendly staff but be warned that the rooms are tiny. We booked our room online for a queen deluxe and the bed seemed similar to full size bed and the room was really small and tight for space as we had our dog with us and was difficult to find space for dog to sleep. We had two suitcases that we couldn't leave on the floor as we had to zip them up and keep them upright to make room to walk around.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Clive
No kitchen, restaurant doesn't have food, no room service, rooms are small.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Excellent from moment we pulled up to front door. Friendly and helpful
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Pleasant Stay"
My hotel stay was nice. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and I had no issues. Although small the room did not lack any amenities.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
"Older charm"
Though the room was nice, the staff great, guests have no control over the heat. Way too warm - tried turning down, shutting off, but the system overrides it. Notified front desk, but there was nothing done to fix it. Also, the street noise can be clearly heard. Mid Devember & we had to sleep w/ the windows open to be comfortable, letting even more street noise in. Also, no room service. We are BIG Kimpton fans (NYC, DC, Balt. San Fran) but this was my least favorite.
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Good Hotel in Murray Hill"
Hotel was clean and well located in Murray Hill area. Room was fine but not spacious. Could not check in until 3 pm.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Alexander
"Things are smaller than they appear online."
From pulling up I knew it wasn't going be much of a view of the city. First glance at lobby was a lot smaller then the pics online staff was pleasant the room was small also the heat was turned off had to wait about 1hr in cold room before it got warm bathroom very small and had no heat vent at all so it stayed cold in there. I couldn't sit on the toilet straight because it was so close to the wall. Some positive things the bed was very comfortable and they serve wine at 5:00pm The best thing was it in walking distance from Grand Central and Time Square.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Great location for a fun NYC shopping weekend"
Very nice hotel in Midtown, great staff. Room was a good size. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
NYC
"Iffy"
The front desk staff was pleasant, but there is no restaurant and obviously, then, no room service. Big drawbacks.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Ladies Week in New York"
Perfect location! Great staff! I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.
5 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014
Maria
Great location. Walking distance to many attractions. Small hotel but pricy for accommodations and amenities (or lack thereof).
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"NYC trip December 5 - 8, 2014"
The check in process was quick and efficient. The hotel looks tired; the hallways are dimly lit and the wall paper is coming loose. The carpeting is shabby. No bell man at check in. Biggest problem was the bathroom. First, it was quite small; hard to move around in it. Second, there was no heat in the bathroom at all. Freezing in there. Told the staff; nothing was or could be done. For a highly rated hotel, this is unacceptable.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Overrated Hotel, not worthy of the Kimpton Name"
Overrated Hotel, more like a three star than a four star hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great NYC location But"
The responsive staff, location and having the gratis breakfast copy in the coffee shop were excellent. However, the biggest disappointment was the size of the room containing a queen size bed. There is no chair in the room (except for a hard computer desk chair), the toilet seat is so low to the ground that it is difficult to sit on it and get up from it without a struggle and the entry door to the bathroom is so narrow you almost have to enter sideways. This room arrangement and size reminds me of airlines that try to use every inch of space without taking into consideration the comfort of the customer. For what is charged for the room I expect much more space and comfort in the room. But for the room situation, I would have given the hotel an overall rating of 4.5
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
The people were very pleasant. The rooms being De lux King Size and the price we paid were small, specifically the bath room. The location is excellent, the service was very good. Over all it was Very Good.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Rodolfo A
"Great location, Great staff"
Pre-Christmas weekend in the city. Easy walk from the hotel to shows and shopping. Close to Grand Central. Decorations and staff added to the holiday spirit.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"No Heat"
We came back to our room in the afternoon for a couple of hours of rest to find the room termperature at 60 degrees with no ability to turn on the heat. The builiding engineer informed us that the heat had been turned off by the computer because it was "too hot" outside. This on a December day that barely reached 50 degrees. We were told it would come back on when the temperature outside reached 48 degrees. Apparently, this is due to the age of the building and the heating system. Whatever the reason, I found it unacceptable. The hotel is well-located and the room was comfortable. The staff was nice. However, the property seems old and tired. It did not meet my definition of a luxury hotel. I expected more for the rate charged.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Rodger
"Great value. Bring your pet!"
Terrific staff from front door to front desk. Very welcoming and gracious. Room was tight but comfortable. New soundproofing on windows made for a very quiet sleep on 3rd floor. Extremely pet friendly too! 39th and Madison location is perfect for midtown dining and shopping.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Helen
"Great location near Grand Central."
Comfortable, intimate boutique hotel in excellent location for all NYC transportation and shopping. Accommodating staff.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Maggie
"70 Park Avenue"
ok, but nothing more.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Should have been better!"
Very pleasant staff, however the room could have used a vacuum and the bathroom didn't look like it was cleaned, ledges and counters were dirty!!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice hotel in the middle of everything"
Very clean hotel with valet parking and modern decor. they even give out umbrellas to us for the rain! And they changed date for our stay without any trouble. Highly recommend!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Good NYC option"
Very good small hotel in a great location just south of Grand Central. Room was small and warm even with the unit off but clean. as usual Kimpton staff provide excellent service.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice Jacuzzi experience"
Reserved King suite in order to get Jacuzzi tub for my girlfriend. She loved the entire experience. Room was spacious and clean. We enjoyed it. They even sent up complimentary bottle of wine.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"A big letdown"
I had 2 days in another hotel in NY and wanted to come here last day for a nice upgrade on last day. I paid more and room was far worse than original!! Parking is a fortune so I went somewhere else. Bathrobe was joke - old, worn, crusty hard cloth (hopefully it was cleaned). Not like the plush soft luxury I recently experienced somewhere else. TV was on side of room giving us stiff neck, room was small, heating cooling unit had no controls... thank god bathroom window opened. What a joke - wished I stayed in original hotel which was way nicer (skyline). Staff was nice and friendly. This place was way downscale from the way the site presented it.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"A fair value"
A fair value for Manhattan
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Would not return"
The room was pleasant enough, but there was absolutely no sound proofing - we heard everything including the barking dog next door. I have allergies, and did not realize this is a pet friendly hotel - so that is my mistake, but the cleanliness of the room was definitely in question. When checking under the bed before departure (missing socks etc.) we discovered some pretty gross stuff - not sure how long it had been there... We paid extra for the" wine reception" but the wine was poor quality - and we did not return the following evenings.
"nice hotel convenient to Grand Central Terminal"
we enjoyed our stay. room quite small, but comfortable queen bed. bathroom also quite small.
joe
"Average hotel with convenient location"
I booked this hotel for 2 reasons - 1. Location to Grand Central 2. b/c I stay at the Kimpton Allegro every time I visit Chicago and its always great I was somewhat disappointed. The room was small even by NYC standards and HOT! I thought we were going to melt. The thermostat was set to to 60 and still like a sauna. The staff was OK, friendly but didn't go above and beyond. I don't really have anything negative to say but nothing positive either. I live in CT and do frequent overnights in the city. I wouldn't rush back to this hotel.
Maria
I left my watch behind and they did not return it. It's unacceptable.
NF
"Had the best weekend"
70 Park Ave is fabulous. It is a cute quaint hotel. The staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and always asking if you needed anything. The check in and check out was excellent. Definitely would stay here again.
Christine
"Nice location... Terrible customer Service!"
The best part about my experience here was the welcoming doormen. The staff were not friendly and welcoming. The system was down this day for some odd reason and they didn't the status of rooms available. since I booked through a third party I was inconvenienced with a double bed room. It was nothing that they could do I was told. It wasn't entertained because of the fact this was a third party booking. Also the wine reception is a window from 5-6pm which is not previously informed. They make it sound as if your greeted with wine. I have stayed at at least 5 Kimpton hotels and this one was by far the worst! I wouldn't ever stay here again. Horrible first impression and terrible customer service!
"Birthday Surprise"
Great way to surprise my girlfriend.. I was worried when I was told the system had been down for 6 hours but my room was just what I asked/paid for.. Because of it had been her birthday we were complimented with 4 cocktails to be redeemed at the bar. I am not used to staying in hotels in the city but this was spacious yet cozy with great service. King Premier with wine reception.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Good location near Union Station"
the staff was very accommodating but the room had a leak in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Great for business trips....."
Staff was very pleasant, attentive. Rooms are small but nicely appointed and clean.Wish there was a breakfast restaurant or buffet. Would have been great to grab a bite before running off to meetings. Conveniently located, good for business trips.
2 night business trip Nov 13, 2014