All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"The perfect Place and location"
A huge thank you to all the staff at the W Hotel. I booked the hotel for my bestie's birthday. The room we stayed in had a great view, very clean and really cute detail. The staff was amazing from the quick check In to the helpful recommendations and friendly people! The concierge service recommended the perfect places for my friend and I to celebrate. Then I had lost something and the security ( I believe her name was Monte) was so helpful and went above and beyond to help me locate my lost item. I will definitely stay here again and have already recommend it to family and fiends. Thanks again W Hotel in midtown! Our weekend was truly a memorable one!!
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
"W Lexington"
Unfortunately this property doesn't feel like a Starwood property. The hotel is dated, and did not aged very well. The room feels like a 3 stars, the bathroom title needs to be replaced, the ceiling and wall have cracks, the table and chair are old ( chair had huge stains ). The gym equipment is very old. You can hear your neighbors talk and much more. Now the Housekeeping staff is incredible. Very attentions and kind. The front desk also very nice. Room service is great but the prices are just too high. A burger and a diet coke $ 44.20 Check out time is at Noon I paid the half day $100 fee and the half day was 2pm checkout.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Room is a joke"
The W hotel is a brand. If this was my first experience with this brand I would never try them again. Their times square location happens to be better and the one I most frequented. The air con in this hotel sounded like an airplane the entire time. The bathroom shower door did not close completely which normally would not bother me except it was tiny and water went everywhere. The lighting is bad as well. Do not recommend...there are much better in NYC> Oh and I had their nova and bagel for $33. I don't mind the price except what I got was really a joke. Plate of nova - normal - lettuce, tomato, onion, nova, cream chease, capers, lemon. What I got - nova, cream cheese. Times must be tough for them. I called to see if they forgot but no they said I can have it if I request it. W hotel brand fail.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Would definitely stay there again"
Excellent experience, all around. There was a line for check-in when we arrived on a hot summer day. A staff member offered everyone waiting in line a bottle of cold water. Another nice touch was the ever-full bowl of Granny Smith apples. The room was comfortable and clean. The only downside was the level of hallway noise when anyone was talking outside the door -- surprisingly noisy.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"No real WOW with this W"
The hotel was small, crowded and unremarkable. It has everything to make it a very fine hotel, including responsive staff, nice design, and the mystique of being a W. But i must say there was nothing really notable about this stay. And i completely resent paying $16+ per day for wifi service. This hotel isn't cheap. It doesn't need another cost center to extract more money from guests. Overall, i would say it was an overrated underperforming experience.
3 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Great location. Very slick and modern. I have to warn you though the rooms are smaller than expected but still functional. No free wifi.
Idriss
The room we got was an upgraded room and it was too Small. The A.C was loud and disturbing.
"Sleep in a closet."
Room type was described as cozy. It is a pretty small room. It makes you feel like sleeping in a closet.
"NYC weekend"
Very average hotel.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Solid 3-star hotel but 5-star prices."
This was a nice weekend away. The location is fine - though I will admit personal confusion as I thought I had booked the W in Times Square, not on Lexington. That notwithstanding, it's a short walk to almost anything in Manhattan, and we didn't mind the location at all. We were greeted quickly and warmly by the parking valet, and had no problems dropping off our car. After a bit of a wait to check in, the desk person upgraded our room from a "cozy" to a "wonderful" - not exactly large, but fine for our purposes of a weekend away. Is this a 4- or 5-star hotel? I'd be hard-pressed to say "yes." The level of service just wasn't quite that good. Lines every time we needed something at the front desk, crowded lobby, hard to even get coffee on Sunday morning. The room was nice, clean, but somewhat dated (the shower floor was concrete and severly pitted due to long use without a refresh). A solid 3-star experience unfortunately sold at 5-star prices.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Good business hotel, but a lot of "loud" tourists"
Very very good staff, polite and thoughtful. Lots and lots of tourists -- loud talking in corridors at all hours, huge swarms of people in lobby from morning to night. Screaming, running kids and next-morning bachelorette parties rubbing elbows (literally) with clueless visitors and tourists with 10 bags. The room is super trendy and hip, but the art is a little garish and avant-garde for my taste, and the hideous wall "things" are not padded TV trays mounted on the wall, they are just ugly padded things. Still, clean simple room with a clock I could work and good bathroom amenities (except for the shower curtain that was too short and led to floods). I would stay again, if my first choice was full.
Mr.
"Great location!"
Speedy check in/check out, clean room, nice lounge area, great location. I was in the cozy room and it was great for my fiancé and I. I would stay here again.
Response by W New York
Hello KP, Thank you for your review! We know that you have many choices of where to stay when you come to New York, and we truly appreciate that you gave W New York a chance at welcoming you. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us! You are always welcome here, and we hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you back to NYC.
KP
"Enjoyed our stay"
The hotel over all was great. The room was one of the cleanest we have ever been in. The bathroom door didn't close all the way. The sliding door is also not very good for privacy. The room is very small so a more a private bathroom door would be good. The elevators are VERY small. Even though there a quite a few through out the hotel, so that partially makes up for that. Overall very nice hotel though.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
NO GOOD BAD SERVICE EXPENSIVE COST IN TELF CALL NO
Response by W New York
Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that we could not exceed your expectations during your stay, and hope that you will give us another chance when you are return to NYC.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
It was a nice experience I stayed in the W LA and loved it so that's why I stayed at the W in NYC. Just The W la has bigger rooms then NYC
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
nito
"Good location and nice vibe"
Simple 1 night stay in great location and nice amenities.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the lobby was nice, and there were two lounges/bars to have a drink in. Overall a great experience for my husband and I. I wouldn't stay with our kids because the rooms are small and we'd be stepping on each other.
Response by W New York
Thank you for your review and for choosing W New York for your recent trip! Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests, and I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
This is a great hotel, well placed. However the rooms are in the small side.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Javier
"Great six day experience in NYC!"
We had a great time. The W hotel atmosphere was upbeat and sophisticated. Staff was very courteous and prompt to respond with helpful information, service, and a smile. I will be back.
Response by W New York
Thanks for choosing W New York for your recent trip to the big apple and writing about your experience! I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in the hotel. We hope you’ll think of us again when you are planning your next NYC escape
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
1250
It's a pretty nice hotel, in a great neighborhood. Good service and friendly staff. My only complaint is that The walls are way too thin.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Jacob
"OK, but not Flexible when it comes to policy"
Everything was great until i had to check out due to a very serious family emergency. Hotel refused to credit me the extra day. I understand checking out at whim but this was simply unavoidable.
4 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
SYLVIA
"Nice hotel in great area."
Great location central to everything you could want or need. Cozy Room we stayed in was extremely small and the view was ok. Windows a tad dirty so pictures from the room looking out looked smeared. We had an amazing time in New York and mostly stayed out all day. So much to do that four days passes so quickly. We went for our honeymoon and were asked at check in the reason for our stay. Receptionist offered to upgrade our room for an extra fee per night which we politely declined but they did offer free internet for the four nights we stayed complimentary which was nice. Internet would have incurred additional charges per night otherwise but I do think that internet should always be free. They offer a wired service on the 2nd floor where you can check in to your flights if you haven't already and print your boarding passes for free etc which was great and much appreciated. The bed was clean and comfortable.
Response by W New York
Hello Yasmeena, Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion! Congratulations on your wedding! I am glad to hear that you were comfortable in the hotel. We certainly do have a great location as it is close to many tourist attractions, restaurants, and bars. Sounds like you had a great time visiting! You are always welcome, and we’d love to see you again. Please think of us when your travels bring you back to the Big Apple. Thank you again for your post! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Yasmeena
"Wonderful"
Wonderful
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
tamorra
"Not Spectacular"
After Staying at many great W properties across the country including FL, When visiting NYC the W was an obvious choice. I was taking my gf to a broadway show and wanted to stay in a nice hotel not too far from Time Square. I "upgraded" to a spectacular room and there was nothing great about it. I asked for a normal view at the front desk and was told my view is good. I was also misled to believe I had 2 windows in the room which is why I upgraded to "spectacular. The room was outdated with an old bath tub. My night stand had a crack in it like in a cheap motel. I didnt feel like I stayed at a typical W but I also didnt pay the typical W fee. So I cant complain too much.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
MIke
"Not a W hotel quality"
This hotel is in a pretty good location. I liked that central park was close by.. The staff was very nice. But the hotel is a little run down.
Response by W New York
Hello Patty, Thanks so much for giving our hotel a chance during your recent NYC getaway. I am delighted that you were satisfied with the service you received from our team. Our talent are the hotel’s best asset, and I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am sorry, however, for your disappointment with the cleanliness and condition of your guestroom. I apologize if you could not rest comfortably. Please consider giving us another try during your next trip to New York. We’d love to welcome you back and show you a WOW experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Patty
"W - NYC"
The W Hotel is very modern with very small rooms. Compact. Certain things were, in my opinion, not necessary. For instance, there was a card about the refrigerated items stating if you moved it, you would be charged. The same policy may have applied to non-refrigerated items -- I don't know. The hotel guests were, for the most part, young.
Response by W New York
Hello Catherine- Thank you for your review. We’re happy that you decided to give our hotel a chance for your recent trip to New York. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the guestroom you stayed in and the collateral in the room. I will certainly share your comments with my team so we can look into this. We hope that you will consider us again for another trip. You are always welcome! Thanks again for your post. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Catherine
"Couples Date Night"
Couples night
"Girlfriend's Birthday"
Service was great. They took actions to accommodate my girlfriends birthday free of charge. Beds were extremely comfortable. Not the most romantic hotel but it's nice. Trendy. Great location. The mega room wasn't so mega but it wasn't TOO small. My expectations were low but it wound up being ok. Overall great experience at the W. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"I'd go back!"
The room is a bit small, but it was nicely done and comfortable. The bar in the lobby looked amazing. The security person actually checked for room keys before allowing us access to the elevator- many times in some hotels they are standing there for looks and not working. The staff was very nice.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"From the tall couple on July 17"
First time booking a room in New York and when I say perfect. It was more then I expected. My room was big enough for me and my boyfriend (who is 6'8 and I'm 6ft) we were both comfortable and felt like home to us for that night. Thank you for your services it was a great way to celebrate our Anniversary.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"The W is my first choice for my long NYC weekends!"
Location, layout, staff, amenities are just a few of the reasons the W is always my first choice.
Response by W New York
Hello, Thank you so much for choosing us to be your home during your NYC getaways. We are always happy to have you, and we truly value your loyalty. Thank you for your kind words for my team as well. They’ll be excited to hear your feedback. You are always welcome at W New York, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for your post. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Great location in midtown. Easily accessable. Many activities near by and places to eat
Response by W New York
Hello Kate- Thanks for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Midtown. We are certainly in the middle of all the energy that defines NYC. Please think of us again when you are planning another trip. We’d love to welcome you back! Thanks again for your review. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Kate
"Very nice hotel located near the subway"
Very helpful staff. Very clean. Great location. Room was nice and the decor was very modern.
Response by W New York
Hello Rp- Thanks for sharing you feedback with us! I’m so happy to hear that you were comfortable in your guestroom and that you enjoyed your stay at W New York. I am glad as well that you found our talent to be friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to share your comments with them. You are always welcome at W New York, and we’d love to see you again. Thank you again for your review! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Rp
"Great NY location"
Great location, cool hip hotel with great resturant and whiskey bar!
Response by W New York
Hello Art, Thanks for staying at our hotel during your trip to New York. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W New York experience! Our Living Room and Whiskey Blue Bar certainly has a lively atmosphere, and I am glad you had the chance to partake in the fun. Please think of us again when your travels bring you back to the Big Apple. We’d be happy to welcome you back. Thanks again for your review! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Art
"Top-notch"
This is a wonderful hotel with a large room. The hotel bar was especially impressive. There is a quiet bar area off the lobby but also a stand-alone bar that has a great DJ at night.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Queen sized room was tiny; but W Hotel experience overall.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Lindsay
"Super loud air-conditioned system."
Very loud air conditioner in a very small room. I fly for living and I felt as if I was still in an airplane. The manager was very nice and tried to find me a quieter room but they were all the same.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Samer
"Well rounded hotel"
It was a wonderful and pleasant stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
We have absolutely nothing to complain about - very happy and great stay Amazing staff working at the Front Desk!!! Even the music was playing loud in the lobby, we were not able to hear any of the noise
Response by W New York
Hello V, WOW! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your great experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Most of all, I appreciate your comments for our team at the Welcome Desk! I’ll be sure to share your feedback with them. You are always welcome at W New York, and we hope you will think of us again the next time your travels bring you back to the city. Thanks again for your post. We hope to see you again! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
V
"Must be a very old hotel"
Experience in NYC was great, hotel is very old and everything is like half scale. Gym was awesome though, not a horrible experience, just don't think it's up to the W standards
Response by W New York
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to post. My sincerest apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations, and I am sorry if you were not able to rest comfortably. I appreciate your feedback, and I will certainly share your comments with our team. I hope you will consider giving us another chance at welcoming you. Please think of us again the next time your travels bring you back to New York. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Two nights in a fantastic suite"
I arrived at close to 1pm and anticipated that my room probably wouldn't be ready. I was informed that the room would be ready about 3pm and if I left my number they'd call when ready. Not a problem as the location of the hotel is excellent and I knew I'd have no problem entertaining myself for a couple of hours. the staff at the desk were courteous and efficient and the gentleman who checked my bag for me was informative and recommended a couple of places to visit until my room was ready. When I was able to get in to the room it was a little on the small side - billed as a fantastic suite I'm not sure it lived up to the fantastic moniker. That said it was perfectly adequate and the bed was more than comfortable. The bathroom was pretty small but it was only me so no big deal but I think for a couple it would be way too small. The lobby is lively and the staff in the bar attentive and quick to give recommendations when asked for. Location on Lex is great - close enough to restaurants and sites but also not in a tourist hub so relatively quiet at night. I enjoyed my stay and would certainly come back again
Response by W New York
Hello John, Thank you for giving our hotel a chance for your recent trip to New York. I am sorry for the delay in your check-in and your disappointment with your guestroom size, but I am glad to hear you were comfortable in the hotel. I appreciate your kind words for our talent at the Welcome Desk and Oasis Lounge. They certainly do a great job of keeping up the lively atmosphere of the Living Room. You are always welcome at our hotel, and I am delighted to hear that you will be back. Thanks again for your review. See you again soon! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great location,staff while doing check in amazing!"
The hotel has a great location. Staff is amazing. Food not so good and service in the bar not good at all. The room was great for me. Clean and comfy.
Response by W New York
Hello Marcela- Thanks so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and your interactions with our talent. I am sorry, however, to hear about your disappointment with your Beverage & Food experience at the hotel. We are always looking to improve the guest experience, and I’ll share your comments with our team so they can look into your concerns. Thanks again for your post. We hope you will think of us again the next time your travels bring you back to New York. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Marcela
"Holiday weekend"
It was outstanding with an outstanding staff but there was some limitations due to the holiday weekend. A hotel restaurant was only open part of our trip and being our hotel, it would have been nice to have perks at our bars and restaurants. Also, other hotels have bikes free to people staying there. Wish there was a pool, super hot while I was there for my anniversary.
Response by W New York
Hello Shaun- Thank you celebrating the holiday and your anniversary with us! We are honored you chose to stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip. On the weekends, our restaurant is only open for breakfast, and I apologize that you were not informed of this earlier. Please think of us again when your travel brings you back to New York. You are always welcome. Thanks again for your review! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
shaun
I really enjoy W hotels but was disappointed when I walked into the suite provided. The room needs an upgrade. The room lighting was poor. The bathroom mirrors are too high for a 5' person like me. No full length mirrors available (I called front desk/whatever-whenever and requested a full length mirror). Besides this, the hotel staff was excellent; the concierge staff especially.
Response by W New York
Hello Gretchen- Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your kind words for my talent, and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. I am sorry, however, to hear about your disappointment with your guestroom. It sounds like you were not able to rest comfortably, and I apologize for that. I am grateful for your comments and will certainly look into your concerns. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance and stay again during your next trip to New York. Thank you again for your post. We hope to welcome you back. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Gretchen
"Great spot...but..."
The W on Lexington is a perfect spot, and the rooms are a great size (compared to most hotels in Manhattan), however when I arrived to the hotel my room was not ready and I was forced to wait several hours for a available room- no upgrade or voucher was given to me for the wait- I was not expecting anything but I have had many Starwood hotels compensate for a mistake that was the hotels fault. The hotel has a great bar and good restaurants but a lousy gym- luckily there are gyms at every corner in Manhattan.
Response by W New York
Hello, Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the delay in your check-in. I understand how frustrated you must have been that your room was not ready, and I apologize if this affected your plans for the day. I appreciate your feedback on the way the situation was handled as well. We’ll definitely share your experience with our Welcome Office and use it as a training tool. Additionally, we are upgrading the equipment in our FIT facilities later this year. I am sorry if you could not workout as you wanted to during your visit. Thank you again for your post. Please consider us again for your next visit. We’d be happy to welcome you back! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
very convenient location, very friendly staff, always willing to assist.
Response by W New York
Hello Elvis, Thank you for taking the time to post a great review! It’s always nice to receive a compliment for our talent, and I am glad you found them helpful and friendly. I can’t wait to share your feedback with them as a reminder of what we do best! Please think of us again when you are planning another trip to New York! We hope to welcome you back. Thanks again for your time! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Elvis
"Almost Great"
The hotel was located in a great location and the room was a very nice room. It was clean and spacious, but the sofa in the sitting room was very uncomfortable and cheap. The sofa top was made from plastic, almost like floating devices used in swimming pool. I thought it a bit bizarre in such a nice hotel. Overall, the hotel was great.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Natasha
The Location is awesome.The rooms are rather small and there is no room in the refrigerator to put your own items without getting charged for items shifting inside.Room service is sub par and would advise you to eat outside the property.I love the W Hotels.I would recommend the property to anyone who likes classy on a budget .
Response by W New York
Hello, Thanks for giving our W a chance for your recent trip. I am sorry for your disappointment with your guestroom. We do offer complimentary refrigerators upon request, and I wish you had been aware of this earlier. I also apologize for your disappointment with In-Room Dining. I hope you will consider giving us another chance as we have many different room types and suites at the hotel. Thank you again for your post. We hope to welcome you back. All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Good location. Rooms small and would like to have had a bathtub. Also, a coffee maker in the room would have been nice. Otherwise, a good spot for the money.
Response by W New York
Hello, Thank you for your post. I am sorry for your disappointment with your guestroom and amenities. We do have rooms with bathtubs, and I wish we had one of these rooms for you during your stay. We also deliver complimentary coffee makers to the guestroom upon request. I am sorry that you were not informed of this. Please think of us again when your travels bring you back to New York. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great hotel, enjoyed myself."
Well, the hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating. My room was very clean and the food was excellent. The bar down stairs made fantastic drinks .
Response by W New York
Hello Mauricio, Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am glad that you were comfortable in your guestroom and found our talent to be helpful. Additionally, I am delighted that you had time to indulge at Oasis Lounge! Our B&F team changes the cocktail menu seasonally, so you will need to come back again to taste more delicious cocktails. Thanks again for your post. Hope to see you again soon! All the best, Anna M., General Manager
Other trip Jun 26, 2015