All hotels in Simsbury, Connecticut, United States of America
397 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury, CT, 06070, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Fall in New England"
We were very pleased with this hotel. It exceeded our expectations. Even though there were 3 weddings in the hotel during our stay, we had no problems with anything. We recommend it without reservation.
Response by Simsbury Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and to provide us with a five star rating. We appreciate the input you provided to us and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here. This time of year is gorgeous in New England and we enjoy having guests visit us to experience Fall in New England. We hope your travels take you up this way again soon so we can welcome you back. Thank you again.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
william c
"Treat yourself here- it's top notch"
Wish we could've stayed longer - it was part of a long road trip. It was beautiful , clean, comfortable and the grounds gorgeous.
Thank you Susan. We hope you can visit again soon. Pam
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Nice weekend away. Staff was very helpful.
Response by Simsbury Inn
Thank you for this wonderful review! We hope we can welcome you back again soon.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
andrew
Very nice hotel, only negative was that the complimentary breakfast was pretty terrible. Semi-hard mini bagels and some pastries, not even instant oatmeal so you'd have something warm. Maybe I'm just picky.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Elegant, friendly staff"
We love this hotel. Very friendly welcome, we were upgraded to a beautiful suite, nice breakfast in the lobby, nice restaurant for dinner. Just great.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Andrea
"Good place to be"
It was just as good as the first time.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Amazing B&B with the most courteous staff"
great little restaurants and free snacks with free shuttle - so convenient
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great hotel in central Simsbury."
Charming old hotel in central Simsbury. It was easy to get everywhere. Very comfortable room and bed. Clean facilities, friendly staff. No complaints!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Gus
I was disappointed with the room because it was not what I reserved. The services offered online said massages , ( the main reason I booked ) were offered....and they are no longer doing that. VERY DISAPPOINTING. The Inn itself was beautiful and clean.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Sophisticated, New England style hotel"
Beautiful room, great restaurant, nice staff... will definitely stay again!
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Chip
"Easter Get Away"
We were in Connecticut, where I used to live, to visit friends and my daughter who drove down from Boston during the Easter Holiday. It was so nice to be back at the Simsbury Inn and this is our favorite hotel for sure. It was so warm and inviting; the staff is wonderful.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
We spent a romantic evening and night at the Hotel - the location was great, the pool was perfect, the dinning was enjoyable. Nice getaway weekend!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Great place to stay with kids when its 0 out......"
Checkin during a major winter storm was simple and efficient. The parking lots were plowed and driveway manageable. The Pool was warm and clean and the kids were occupied. Throughout our stay the staff was very pleasant and treated us well.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
steve
"A Fairy Tale Inn"
Our party of four felt like if we were staying in a Fairy Tale hotel close to the city, but far away from all. Simsbury is a small quaint town near Farmington, West Hartford, Connecticut. The inn sits in a historical site. The amenities are fine. The pool was clean and eye pleasing. The amenities in the gym and changing room were just right. Plenty of shampoo and conditioner. Towels were available. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We all felt welcomed. The quality of the food was superb. We had breakfast in the small cafeteria/restaurant and the chef who was preparing it, knew his trade very well. The flavor of the dishes were delicious. Everything was fresh. The prices were reasonable. The lobby boasts a quiet sitting/reading area with books, newspapers and board games. You sit in front of an elegant stone fireplace that makes you feel at home. I recommend this inn and I will visit it again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Maria
"OUR LOVE GATEWAY ...!!!"
BETTER THAN EXPECTED, FRIENDLY, GOOD VALUE AND SURPRISINGLY NICE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST ....!!! VERY PLEASANT AND HELPFUL STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK. OVERALL VERY ENJOYABLE STAY AT YOUR HOTEL AND WILL COME BACK FOR SURE IF WE RETURN FOR SKIING AT THE SKI SUNDOWN RESORT ... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR GATEWAY JUST GREAT ...!!! JACK AND DANIELLE FROM LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
DANIELLE
"Clean and new"
Great place. Nice clean modern room. Friendly staff. Inviting pool. Decent bang for the buck. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Nostalgia for a new gem."
A very pleasant stay in a very pleasant setting. I last stayed a couple of decades or so when the hotel first opened. I was pleased to see that it has been well maintained.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
robert
"Great Find!"
Friendly and informative staff and very comfy rooms. Excellent service and food at the café. Overall beautiful setting.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Gina
"Just Okay"
Our weekend stay was adequate. Nothing about this facility truly shines. The mattresses were sub-par. Having two four-poster beds in as small a room as we had made no sense whatever. One could not have an unobstructed view of the television because of the posts.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
JS
"Enjoyed Simsbury Inn"
I had a wonderful stay at the Simsbury Inn while attending a 3 day conference. Members of the staff were all friendly and courteous. I took advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast - which was tasty. I particularly enjoyed eating a dinner in Twigs - the pub (1 of 3 opportunities for eating within the Inn. My only disappointment was that my room did not have a refrigerator.
3 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Leslie
Very charming hotel with good food, amenities and rooms that provide a wonderful rest. Definitely will be back.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Simply Elegant"
I recently stayed at The Simsbury Inn while attending a conference. The entire experience was amazing. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. It is a wonderful change from the hustle and bustle of city hotels. The front desk staff was warm and welcoming. The sales and banquet staff who ran the conference were extremely professional. All meals were provided by the hotel and the food was incredible both in flavor and presentation. My hotel room was clean and decorated beautifully. The down feather pillows were so comfortable. I felt like I was on vacation! I will definitely return!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"lovely, but the AC was very noisy"
The AC was noisy and actually would wake me up during night when switched on. I did mention it in the morning so hopefully fixed. I would and will stay there again but be more vigilant about getting things corrected early.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
judith
"Victorian style hotel"
When we first arrived our room had no a/c no light bulbs and seating area were chairs with no arm rest no table. We switched room and the mattress pad had feathers sticking thru. So the gentleman at the front desk with my husbands help swapped it out with the pad from first room. All in all the hotel is very charming but in need of some updating.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
judy
"Lovely hotel"
We choose this hotel because of its location and because it is pet friendly. It did not disappoint. The only downside was the price of the room but for us it was worth it. My grandchildren really enjoyed the pool.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Evelyn
Clean, cozy, friendly, beautiful surrounding. highly recommended.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Quaint and Comfortable"
Nice facility with lovely rooms, modest extras, good dining, and excellent service.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
"Visiting family in Simsbury"
Very nice accomodation. Very convienien to family and restaurants.
3 night trip May 14, 2014
"Beautiful setting"
Just gorgeous. The beds were so comfortable, the food was delicious, complimentary breakfast and coffee great, charming throughout! Very high end for a great price.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Sabrina
"Nice hotel but some things are kind of dated"
Enjoyed my stay! Pool and whirl pool were nice. Room was nice and comfortable. The shower was dated could replace shower head or remodel shower. Besides that it was great I don't think its a 4.5 star hotel at all but very nice I would stay again! Breakfast was great in the nutmeg cafe and wasn't expensive. hotel staff are all extremely right. Wifi sucked couldn't even connect to it because it was so week but it was free wifi. TV clearly didn't have a HDMI cord so the tv didn't look that great.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"pretty much only game in town"
Hotel was nice but surprised it was built in 1988. Felt much older and rooms are very small. Breakfast was very good and would stay again if in the area. Needs some updating.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"A very nice stay"
Overall, a great stay. Came in for a New Years Eve wedding. Wasn't quite wowed by the rooms or the staff. Did expect a little more for the money, but not much. Really no plus or minuses here.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Would recommend an update to equipment in fitness center. One treadmill was broken and the remaining treadmill was probably 20+ years old.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Not as great as I expected"
Beautiful hotel but over-priced and not comfortable! Beds were like slabs of concrete. Wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling and the cold water leaked. Free breakfast consisted of munchkin sized bagels, croissants and danish. Rather spend half the money and stay at the Hampton Inn nearby!
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
ellen s
"Wedding night stay"
The Simsbury Inn was very considerate and welcoming to my new husband and I. We arrived late on a Sunday night after we got married, without our credit card to check in with and they still let us check in, go to our room and bring them our card when it got there! The room was big! Bed was big and comfortable too! Overall a wonderful place to crash on our first night as husband and wife.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Abby
"Very Nice!"
I would stay there again. If you are there Sunday morning you have to try their brunch.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Last minute suprise"
This was a very nice Inn very clean and very welcoming staff we will be staying here again
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Shenell
"quick but lovely"
It was a brief stay, but it was very pleasant. Very comfortable room and beds. Kind and helpful staff. The hotel grounds are lovely and I wish I could have lingered longer to enjoy the patios and the facilities (pool and gym). Room service was punctual. Food was okay-- not sensational, but just fine. All in all, a good place to stay-- quiet, pretty, and pleasant.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
Suzanne
"Fabulous."
We enjoyed the entire experience. Great location, fabulous staff, luxurious towels, comfortable room, wonderful venue for vacation. I enjoyed the continental breakfast, while my husband enjoyed a hot breakfast at the Nutmeg cafe. Better than home.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Sheila
The building is very attractive - the furnishings are very "long ot tooth" The rooms don't have typical amenities such as in room safes and snack bars. We were short on towels and glasses and other little stuff that was short of what should be expected in a hotel that charges and proclaims a higher standard.
3 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Great taste of New England."
Came with my kids and grandkids, they loved the pool and having it all to them selves and of course great room service afterwards.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Wallpaper in rooms needs an update. Also, a bigger desk with more AC power connectons is needed.
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
We went to Simsbury for a wedding and the location of the hotel was perfect. The room was clean and the bed was ver comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
Anika
"Great Experience!"
I recently traveled to the Simsbury Inn for business and had a wonderful stay. The ambiance of the hotel was warm and inviting and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Their shuttle picked me up at the airport and transported me to my meeting. I had the opportunity to dine in their lounge and the food was terrific. An overall perfect experience.
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
"Convenient,but off the beaten track."
Very good,just a few minor things to carp about. 1.No plates for continental breakfast goodies. Napkins don't work real well. 2. Noisiest heater east of the Mississippi. Still slept pretty well,though. 3. Somewhat overpriced beverages at the lounge. We're NOT downtown.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2013
"Adequate"
From all the wonderful reviews, I thought it was going to be a lot nicer. It's in need of updating. The room was a little tight on space , but the beds were very comfortable. Not crazy about the pillows. Good shower. Twigs lounge service was pretty terrible. But all the staff were very nice. We only needed to stay one night so it worked out well. The surrounding areas are gorgeous.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2013

"Convinient and nice"
Great stay at a hotel that has seen better days but all is nice and clean. Good service and the resturant and bar was OK. The breakfast cafe in the lobby was money well spent!
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Karl

"Good Hotel"
Breakfast is not good,otherwise, the hotel is clear and felt comfort
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
Wen-Yuan
TW
"nettes hotel im nirgendwo"
schönes hotel mit sehr großen und komfortablen zimmern und großem bad, alles gepflegt und bestens in schuss, jedoch sehr weit ab vom schuss (war in unserem falle allerdings für die durchreise optimal)
Other trip May 7, 2013