All hotels in Cromwell, Connecticut, United States of America

Great pool
    Clean
    Ordinary amenities
    Decent vibe
"Basic room. Needs an overhaul."
Needed a room for a one night stay in the south Hartford area. This hotel is tired and very basic. Bathrooms were tiny. It was functional but glad I wasn't staying more than one night. Will stay elsewhere in the future.
Response by Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Dear Lorraine, Thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on a capital plan to make some of the improvements you referenced. We hope you you give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Lorraine
"not easy to deal with"
The check in was horrible as they do not connect with hotels.com. my son, who's name was on the confirmation email I had from hotels.com was given a hard time as they said I didn;t pay and they couldn't find the reservation. everything was clear on the email that I paid in full and had a reservation. they clearly do not like dealing with another business like hotels.com, as they made you feel like you were not a real guest as I'm a rewards member with the holiday inn. the whole check in ruined the experience.
3 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Felt a little old, but clean."
The hotel looked old and could use renovations. However, the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. The elevators were a little clunky and slow. I heard they were not working well and broke the day before. If you are looking for a clean room with good value I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Janie
"Farha's wedding weekend!"
We went here on the recommendation of my boyfriend's sister - She was getting married at St Clements Castle, and reserved rooms at your hotel.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Thea
"Clean and Comfortable"
Nice hotel, particularly for a small town!
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
Christina
"Convenient to the highway and close to Middletown"
All the common areas are very nice, the pool area is terrific. We did not try the restaurant. The rooms need renovations. It seems like the only new thing in there were the televisions.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
S
"Paper thin walls - no adherence to max occupancy"
My stay was great till noisy neighbors moved in on my second night and I got to hear how paper thin the walls were. There were 6 kids and the adults - hotel did not adhere to their own maximum occupancy rules. When I called to complain I was told "they paid for a suite" which is exactly what I paid for so I am not sure how that is relevant. The staff did send someone to ask them to quiet down, but they had to be sent 4 times. It wasn't till after 1 am that it was finally quiet. Which didn't last long as they woke me up at 6 am screaming and running around banging into the walls. No effort was made by the staff to relocate them or me - very disappointed - I will not be visiting this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Location"
Convenient, quiet, clean. Small issue with the sink's stopper getting stuck, but overall a good hotel
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Changed my mind..."
First, Hotel.com did not give them my requests i.e. crib,adjoining rooms etc. Alarms went off 2x in middle of night. We had to go to the lobby in pj's. They couldn't provide adjoining rooms. I rated this hotel for Dec 31 2014 as excellent. Can't any more. There was a convention going on and very little staff for lounge and restaurant.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Excellent staff! Was able to upgrade to a suite and had a lovely stay! Victoria in the lobby was wonderful and Heidi and Joe at the bar were fantastic!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Maxine
"cown plaza"
the hotel system is old and everything is too hot. i had the a/c on full and the room was still hot when outside was bitter cold. there was nothing they could do
4 night trip Feb 11, 2015
joanna
"Crown Plaza in Cromwell"
Hotel is need of a major renovation. While the staff was very friendly, the rooms are outdated and desperately need a refresh. The layout of the hotel isn't the most user friendly as well since it accommodates many conferences and meetings. Bathroom looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years, 5 gallon toilets that barely flush and inconsistent water pressure/temperature in the shower. Mattress was hard as a rock, and I believe the heater was broken as well.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Daryn
"keep looking, not great"
local college visit. Hotel appears to have had a face lift, but rooms & other common areas beyond the renovated facade are old and dumpy looking. Location is on a busy road, but was quiet. Stayed at 4 hotels in 4 nights at this was the only sub par property. Not awful, but not good. I would stay elsewhere next time
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
John T.
"My stay was because of a nor'easter coming!"
I was a comfortable place to be during a blizzard. Forgot my swimsuit the pool was beautiful. The food was great in the dining room All was well!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Connie
"I gave my opinion above"
find the staff to be very good....perhaps that is die to training.....always impressed with Libby at the front desk
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Good service!"
Customer service did everything we asked to accommodate all 12 of us for a family reunion. From rooms near the pool to delivering a crib and extra towels. Will stay here again!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Kathleen
"Nice place close to highway"
Pleasant place with good staff, good room. Used room service, good food, delivered promptly.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Hotel is too big"
There was an AA convention there and the fire alarm went off twice and because of how big the hotel is it took a long time to get back in
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Nice Place"
Considering it was Thanksgiving weekend, the staff were all very nice and polite. The rooms were nice and comfortable. Decent pressure from the shower. The pool was very nice. The free wifi gave me a speed test of 20 mb/s down and up (seriously wish I'd brought the gaming laptop...) About the only down side was we had a problem with our first room that wasn't immediately noticable. As soon as we did they put us in a new room (within minutes,) apologized, and comped the room for the night. I'd stay here again.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Paul Anthony
"Okay for the price."
The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. The linings were clean. The bathroom was very small.... And I found a hair on the bathtub rim which was gross. But everything else was fine. The temperature was comfortable. There was no extra blanket in the room but my friend was cold and I was feeling hot so I just gave her mine.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Needs some TLC"
This hotel needs to be updated as it is tired and dated. The location is good but it seems to cater to large parties, weddings and small conferences which can include a noisy crowd.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
walter
"Wedding"
Our daughter was married in Middletown, CT & we chose the Crowne Plaza for its location & size. We had over 70 rooms & 3 suites booked & stayed 3 nights.We also had an after party and a brunch the next day for our guests which the hotel handled. The food was excellent We were extremely pleased with our stay & service. They could not do enough to help us. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning an event or just staying a night.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Linda B
"Disappointing For the Price"
First of all, I had trouble finding the sign for the hotel and had to make a few passes to find it because it was so low on the street. Plus google told me it was across the street from where it was, so that did not help matters. I was kind of disappointed that the rooms did not match up with the pictures. Although the hotel obviously made efforts to have updated bedding and sinks, the rest of the decor was fairly outdated. It did however look clean. When I first checked in I noticed an ant on the desk in the room, but I thought it was a stray ant that may have come off my clothes (I had just been hiking). Turns out there was an ant problem. I had ordered room service because I was thoroughly exhausted and didn't want to go anywhere. I left the tray overnight on the desk and there were ants there in the morning.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Joy
Overall good time the signal for HBO was disappointing. Lost signal a lot of time.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Comfortable and clean"
Comfortable and convient to my presentation
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
lois
"Perfect"
Will definitely be back!
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
DANA
"They treat you horribly"
We had a total of 5 guys sharing 2 rooms for a softball tournament. We were placed in 2 rooms with only 1 double bed in each. When we tried to explain our situation, we were told that we booked through a third party (hotels.com) and that we get what they have. The staff were very rude and acted as if we were bothering them with our presence.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"wedding stay"
Very clean room. The only negative comment I have is that the elevator is very slow.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
The bed was terrible. It slopped to the center of the bed and you slept at an angle and had to climb to get out of bed! Pricey breakfast. Rooms were clean and staff friendly. Place needs to be updated.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Nutmeg
"Very Clean and Cared for Hotel"
My mother and I were in town for a family function. Our hotel stay was great! Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again for future family functions.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"needed a place to rest on our way to NYC"
A great experience- loved the indoor pool, room was very clean and comfortable- staff very helpful, and overall great experience.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ms. Dasilva
"Decent Hotel for a day or two"
You get what you pay for- not a bad price but just a decent hotel, nothing special. Stayed for a work conference and would probably get another room next time. Hard to turn left out of hotel and located at odd location.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"right off the highway"
Friendly staff, small bathrooms, slightly confusing layout around pool and meeting room areas. close to highway and other dinning areas
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
raya1001
"Room was in a bad location"
Took us 20 mins to walk to our room no elevators closeby.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice hotel for an overnight stay"
It's not really close to much from what I could tell, but I was there for a wedding, and it was one of the two hotels the wedding party had for us. It was very clean, the hotel staff was incredibly pleasant, and the room service I ordered for breakfast arrived promptly. Check-in/Check-out - I had the same woman for both, and she was really friendly, explained all charges clearly, and was very helpful with knowing all the wedding details. There were no surprises, and I was able to check-in and check-out in under two minutes. Room - The bed was really comfortable, which was important given that I had to be back on the road the next day. As I said above, the room was very, very clean. The air conditioning worked very well - not freezing cold in the middle of the night, but maintaining a good temperature throughout. The relaxation kit on the bed was a nice touch. Food - the breakfast coffee was pretty good and everything looked fresh. I wish there was another options so I could have gotten fruit and some toast, but that's just me. One minor comment - my fruit cup had an aftertaste that reminded me of pickles (which I can't stand!). Maybe it was just my taste buds. The room service attendant was so incredibly pleasant. Considering she was delivering my breakfast at 6:30 a.m., I was really impressed!
"Great hotel getaway"
It was a very comfortable hotel that had easy access to the 91 and destinations we need to get to. The rooms were clean and beds very comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Wayne
"Very comfortable. Nice location."
Enjoyed my stay. Convenient if you are attending an event at xfinity theater.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good Place to stay for Wes parents but not perfect"
The hotel is well located for proximity to Wesleyan. The rooms are comfortable but the bathrooms are Tiny and could have been a lot cleaner. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels but of the few things that bug me, one is bathrooms that do not feel sanitary (black scup on tile grouting and tub caulking). And forget the possibility of two people using the bathroom in any way, the door clears the toilet by like 2 inches as it swings inward.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Staff and Manager"
Tha staff and manager were very helpful when we had questions or needed help.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
We are retired
"Nice hotel but rooms need remodeled."
Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean but in need of renovation. Bathrooms tiny!
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Pool area beautiful!"
A double room was very large. Bathroom clean but small and dated. Room did not have a fridge. Pool was just like the picture-nice for an indoor pool.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
Chrissy
"Easy access to golf course"
Hotel was nice. Food was good. The only negatives, the bathroom was extremely small and it would have been nice to have a mini-fridge in the room.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
GOLFER23
"Couldn't be better!!!!!"
Room was spacious, comfortable and the price was right !!!!!
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Brian Jackson
"Nice hotel, rooms need updated"
The general atmosphere is beautiful, but the floors in the bathroom were not the cleanest. We asked for a room facing the trees and ended up facing the air conditioners. I would return, however. Wonderful pool and workout room. Restaurant is fairly limited as to selection.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Janice
"very dissapointed"
The rooms a very old - bathrooms are small- the place was disappointing and very out dated ... the rugs old and worn, the floors were not even ... the pool and spa was being clean during use hours.. we have stayed in other crown plaza's .. this was below par and not worth the money ... it was obvious the interest of the management team was in their business meeting rooms and not the over night guests area ... waste of money
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Denise
"Great Conference, great Hotel!"
I stayed 2 nights. Comfortable bed. Quiet room. Staff was excellent. The restaurant on site is very good. I felt safe in this facility.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Dissapointed"
We were not give the room we prepaid for and turns out they didnt even have the configuration we were told we would have. I paid extra to be able to ask for different connecting rooms if availalbe and they didnt even have the one we booked. Hotel front desk was not accomodating nor did they try to be. The hotel lobby is nice but the rest is musty and outdated. The restauraunt in the hotel was subpar. Slow service even though it was not busy at all. Food was mediocre. The ONLY saving grace was the pool. It is like being at the beach...it is great. We were there for a break with the kids and a pool so if it werent for the pool we would have left.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
"Just wanted a nice pool and good hospitality."
We stayed the night after going to the children's museum. All we were looking for was a nice pool for the baby to play in and a clean comfortable room to sleep. The pool was great, it was big warm and extreamly clean. The way it is designed it makes you feel like you are out side! The room was very clean, but small and out dated. It was a nice hotel but I expected more out of a Crown Plaza.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
MaKayla
Very friendly staff. They make accommodations necessary to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014