All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR, 97204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Love this hotel"
Great stay - really friendly staff. Extremely cheerful and helpful from front desk to the bellmen - all excellent! This was a return visit and will stay again.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate it and very happy we were able to deliver the second time around! Looking forward to seeing you again
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Ann
"Great overall stay!"
Wonderful overall stay! Would recommend highly. Very artistic and great staff. Close to everything downtown.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you and please come back soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
Cassandra
"Excellent decor"
Clean, wildly decorated rooms with bathrobes. Great place to stay
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Great location. Very helpful desk staff. Great bed and funky room decor. Parking costs are steep.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate the kind words about your great staff at the desk, we love them too! Regarding parking costs we do regular parking surveys and found we're not at the top of any of the local hotels that offer covered, secure parking with 24 hour access. In fact, we've even found a couple that charge more and don't offer valet service! Hope that helps and that you get a chance to join us again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Above and beyond"
Loved everything about Hotel Monaco, especially the very friendly and helpful staff. We were in town for the Blues Festival and everyone from the valet to doorman gave us great tips for restaurants, etc... The gal at the desk (forgot her name) was able to get us reservations at one of the best (and nearly impossible to get reservations at) restaurants, after we finished our meal the waitress came over and told us we had a complimentary drink and dessert coming courtesy of our hotel - awesome!!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much, we love the feedback! You'll have to come back down for our Labor Day music festivals. There's a lot of great stuff going on then too.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great hotel and staff"
Wonderful service and a great room. The staff and front desk manager are superb.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate it! We'll pass along the great feedback to Tim our Front Office Manager. Have a lovely summer and come see us again.
8 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Highly recommended"
Great from start to finish.
Appreciate+it%21++
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"Portland visit June 2015"
May be the nicest hotel where I have ever stayed. The staff was wonderful. The room was fantastic. I would like to live here.
We+love+it%21++Thanks+so+much%2C+and+we+hope+you+make+it+back+soon.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Shari
"Nice experience"
I felt really relaxed during my staying and really like the style of the whole hotel. I will choose this hotel again next time.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much, that's certainly our goal!
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Jiaxing
"Grand Floral Parade"
Staycation. Annual weekend for Grand Floral parade. Perfect location, thank you for the upgrade to a corner room. All staff very friendly from the doormen, reception to housekeeping. Will stay here again.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much for joining us. Thrilled you enjoyed that corner room, we love it too! It gets such great natural light. Have a good summer and come see us for next year's parade. Robert General Manager Hotel Monaco Portland - a very Kimpton Hotel
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great boutique hotel!"
We had a great anniversary weekend in Portland and Hotel Monaco was a perfect fit for us. In downtown, walking distance to shopping and dining, and the service is excellent. We will likely go back, although will need to wait for a sale as the price is a bit high.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for joining us! We're always honored when someone trusts us with a milestone like a birthday or anniversary. Regarding deals, check us out at our Kimpton website for the best deals and promotions.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Awesome hotel"
Absolutely wonderful, now my favorite, a teddy bear on the bed, zebra and giraffe robes, I felt like I stepped into the looking glass, and I was Alice. Breathtaking room, free happy hour, extra large games and pillows on the floor, pianist playing what ( kiddy tunes) did I hear Mr Rogers neighborhood... Will be back, stress dissolved....
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
That's our goal! Have a lovely spring and come see us again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Yvonne
"Excellent service"
grear hotel and service but beds too soft so was hard in our backs. Coffee and happy hour was nice.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for joining us and apologies for the issues with the beds. Should you visit us again and it be an issue, please call our Guest Relations team; we can usually come up with an option that will work for you.
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
"Hotel Monaco - always reliable"
If you have stayed in any Hotel Monaco, this one is definitely one of their best. The rooms are a bit small but tastefully decorated, great beds, awesome bathrooms, and great customer service. Civilized lodging is what I like to call it and I am a huge fan!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Love hearing it! Thanks and come see us again soon.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
Rachel
"good location in downtown"
It was a short stay - but I still could enjoy great piano music, free wine and even try my skills in ... oil painting. Decor is fantastic.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
We love our Wine Hour too! The goal is that you never know what's going to happen at our next one, so come back soon.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jay
Grossly overpriced. Price tag on everything in room. Not price appropriate.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Great Downtown Pet and People Friendly Hotel"
Large, very comfortable room. Excellent location for downtown shopping, eating. Extremely pet friendly without making you feel like you are being overrun by pets.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"It's all about the service!"
what makes The Monaco in Portland stand out from the rest of the hotels in Portland is the staff and their fabulous attention to detail. this trip I had booked a King room, the bellman could tell I was a bit underwhelmed and offered unprompted by me to request an upgrade to a king suite, he succeeded, as did every one else who works at the Hotel.The front desk,concierge,door men,parking valets...all a step above the rest of the crowd. their afternoon wine tasting is fun,great selection of Oregon wines to taste at no charge. I love this hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"I'll Be Back"
Was in town for a 4 day convention. Hotel was close to everything and easy access to MAX for direct connection to Oregon Convention Center. Very nice staff. Would like to stay here again.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
G. Eugene
"Perfect location in downtown Portland."
Easy walk to the Pearl District and so on. Beautiful hotel, with unique, large comfortable rooms. Highly recommended. The only negative: the onsite restaurant isn't very good - so I advise doing your research and finding better places to eat. The food isn't necessarily bad - it's just not exciting, and plenty expensive.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Ted
"great location and place to stay"
in the center of the shopping district! great location and easy access off I-5
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great location and helpful staff"
We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Our room wasn't cleaned one day, but we got compensated for a free breakfast at the restaurant for a family of four.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
cricket
"Kid and adult friendly :)"
Beautiful hotel, perfect setting for kids to play and adults to relax. Will request to stay on hypoallergenic floor next time as my allergies were rocking from prior four legged guests.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Wonderful Staff and location!"
The staff was very knowledgeable about how to get to nearby places and with recommendations on where to eat. The hotel was gorgeous with lots of amenities And within walking distance of eveverything. I wish the bathrooms were a little nicer for the price. I was kind of hoping for a nice bath as we were there on our honeymoon.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Beautifully decorated, clean room and friendly, helpful staff!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Ashley
"Great experience at Monaco"
Was unfortunately only there for one night but the room was great, had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Great location, would definitely come back.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
business travel
"Excellent convenient, luxury hotel"
My son and husband stayed here one night. They said the staff were awesome and super helpful. They got a free upgrade to a suite which was a true treat! They said it was convenient to the train which took them to and from Providence Park. Said they wod definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Jennefer
"Late night check in,"
I had a late night check in due to an unplanned grounding in Portland. I used the Expedia mobile app to book the room in less than 5 minutes. The staff upgraded our room to two double queens. I love the design of Hotel Monaco. Its one of the few places that feels more comfortable than home. We had lovely breakfast through room service in the morning and were quickly on our way. The staff even had a "treasure chest" for my little one to select a fun toy from on our way out.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
J02
"Perfect Portland Location"
I would highly recommend Hotel Monaco. It is the perfect location when visiting Portland. Staff is amazing. I have never been disappointed.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
@alcwv
I was impressed by the very friendly staff. The room was nice. Somewhat small. The hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Portland. You can walk everywhere from here. Probably a little pricey if all you care about is the basics. I would visit Hotel Monaco again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"One night in Kimpton."
We stayed at the Kimpton while touring Portland and Eugene. It's perfectly downtown, which gives it a closeness to everything, and nearly all of downtown is walkable from there. The decor and vibe of the place is what you expect Portland to be being a traveler from out of town. It's eclectic, a little weird, but really feels at home. The staff were super friendly and polite, the attached restaurant was fantastic, and the room was super comfortable. The price was pretty steep for the one night we stayed, and we got in late so we really couldn't take in the whole hotel before we left, but it's worth a trip.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Free goldfish!!"
Loved the free goldfish in your room :) super random, but definitely made the stay that much more fun. Also the room was cute and nicely decorated.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
liz
"$/sq ft too high"
Rooms are too small for the price.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Gerald
"underwhelmed"
I expected more from hotel Monaco. The hotel is dated - looks and smells old. Staff was friendly and location is good but hotel is in need of updates and not worth the cost compared to others nearby.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Although I thought this hotel was closer to the river they do have a sister hotel on the river. Both were very nice. The Riverwalk was quiet due to the time of year. Met interesting people in their restaurant.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Perfect downtown hotel"
Beautiful hotel in central location. Very helpful staff.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Laurie
"Great hotel but homeless an issue"
The service was top notch, room comfortable and clean. Morning coffee bar and evening wine and beer a very nice touch. A couple of things that others need to be aware: while parking is convenient under the hotel, it is $39 per day. There are cheaper options within 2 blocks. The biggest downside of staying downtown (and not just by this hotel) was the aggressive homeless population in that area. We were verbally attacked on several occasions, and due to this will never stay in downtown Portland again.
3 night trip with friends Feb 25, 2015
"Best place to stay downtown"
Weekend getaway to visit some breweries
3 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Brad
We had a great experience at the Kimpton and we will stay again.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Fabulous in every way!"
We were in town for a funeral sadly, but the staff and cheery surroundings of the Monaco made us feel at home. I will never stay anywhere else in Portland again. This is my new home away from home!
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Happy Stay"
We loved our stay. Staff was wonderful. We will recommend to anyone. Thanks.
tara
"Will return!"
Enjoyed ourselves! Nice lobby experience...music during Jazz Week. Visiting family and easy to get back and forth on public transportation.
Fern
Wonderful experience. Hotel was very clean, had great atmosphere and staff very friendly. Great location getting in/out of downtown Portland. Loved that it is a pet-friendly hotel; however we did not have a pet with us. We did stay on an allergy-free floor - nice since we're both allergic to cats. I would definitely recommend to both business and pleasure travelers.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in the middle of it all in downtown PDX"
Walk to and experience everything downtown Portland has on offer. Great hotel at a great price. Top notch in every way. Good for business travelers (I was at a conference and there were a number of other attendees who opted out of the "official conference hotel" for this property. Also would be good for a romantic weekend, or some serious shopping or entertainment trips. Close to Amtrak station, local bus and light rail, restaurants, Chinese Garden, local entertainment and shopping all within a 15 minute walk. Property is PET FRIENDLY.
"Convenient and Unique"
I was in town for work. The Hotel Monaco was very convenient. It is close to many MAX train stops. I just used the public transportation because it was very easy to get to the Convention Center and almost anywhere else I needed to go. The location was also great for just walking around downtown. It's close to good restaurants, food carts, and shopping. The hotel was clean, unique and very friendly. The restaurant in the hotel is very good too. They have great Happy Hour specials. It is very dog friendly, so if that is not your thing, steer clear. I thought it was fun to see the dogs in the lobby. It made me miss my pup. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
4 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"You'll be glad you stay here!"
Excellent hotel, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Charlotte at the front desk), comfortable & quiet room. I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Edward
"Wonderful"
Wonderful!
5 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Charmaine
"Absolutely the best in class."
This is the place to stay. Fourth time visiting this hotel.
4 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Daus
"Family-favorite Retreat in Portland!"
The Hotel Monaco has long been a family favorite of ours in Portland. We look forward to it being updated!
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Location, location, location"
The Monaco is perfectly located in walking distance of so much of the highlights of downtown Portland. We walked to great restaurants like Tasty and Alder, great shopping like Tatyana's and Powells and had fun just wandering through the neighborhood (can you find the elephant sculpture?). This was the perfect spot for our extended Portland weekend getaway.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015