All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR, 97204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome hotel"
Absolutely wonderful, now my favorite, a teddy bear on the bed, zebra and giraffe robes, I felt like I stepped into the looking glass, and I was Alice. Breathtaking room, free happy hour, extra large games and pillows on the floor, pianist playing what ( kiddy tunes) did I hear Mr Rogers neighborhood... Will be back, stress dissolved....
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Yvonne
"Excellent service"
grear hotel and service but beds too soft so was hard in our backs. Coffee and happy hour was nice.
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
"Hotel Monaco - always reliable"
If you have stayed in any Hotel Monaco, this one is definitely one of their best. The rooms are a bit small but tastefully decorated, great beds, awesome bathrooms, and great customer service. Civilized lodging is what I like to call it and I am a huge fan!
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
Rachel
"Great Downtown Pet and People Friendly Hotel"
Large, very comfortable room. Excellent location for downtown shopping, eating. Extremely pet friendly without making you feel like you are being overrun by pets.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"It's all about the service!"
what makes The Monaco in Portland stand out from the rest of the hotels in Portland is the staff and their fabulous attention to detail. this trip I had booked a King room, the bellman could tell I was a bit underwhelmed and offered unprompted by me to request an upgrade to a king suite, he succeeded, as did every one else who works at the Hotel.The front desk,concierge,door men,parking valets...all a step above the rest of the crowd. their afternoon wine tasting is fun,great selection of Oregon wines to taste at no charge. I love this hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"I'll Be Back"
Was in town for a 4 day convention. Hotel was close to everything and easy access to MAX for direct connection to Oregon Convention Center. Very nice staff. Would like to stay here again.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
G. Eugene
"Excellent convenient, luxury hotel"
My son and husband stayed here one night. They said the staff were awesome and super helpful. They got a free upgrade to a suite which was a true treat! They said it was convenient to the train which took them to and from Providence Park. Said they wod definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Jennefer
"One night in Kimpton."
We stayed at the Kimpton while touring Portland and Eugene. It's perfectly downtown, which gives it a closeness to everything, and nearly all of downtown is walkable from there. The decor and vibe of the place is what you expect Portland to be being a traveler from out of town. It's eclectic, a little weird, but really feels at home. The staff were super friendly and polite, the attached restaurant was fantastic, and the room was super comfortable. The price was pretty steep for the one night we stayed, and we got in late so we really couldn't take in the whole hotel before we left, but it's worth a trip.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"$/sq ft too high"
Rooms are too small for the price.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Gerald
"underwhelmed"
I expected more from hotel Monaco. The hotel is dated - looks and smells old. Staff was friendly and location is good but hotel is in need of updates and not worth the cost compared to others nearby.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Perfect downtown hotel"
Beautiful hotel in central location. Very helpful staff.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Laurie
"Great hotel but homeless an issue"
The service was top notch, room comfortable and clean. Morning coffee bar and evening wine and beer a very nice touch. A couple of things that others need to be aware: while parking is convenient under the hotel, it is $39 per day. There are cheaper options within 2 blocks. The biggest downside of staying downtown (and not just by this hotel) was the aggressive homeless population in that area. We were verbally attacked on several occasions, and due to this will never stay in downtown Portland again.
3 night trip with friends Feb 25, 2015
"Best place to stay downtown"
Weekend getaway to visit some breweries
3 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Brad
We had a great experience at the Kimpton and we will stay again.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Fabulous in every way!"
We were in town for a funeral sadly, but the staff and cheery surroundings of the Monaco made us feel at home. I will never stay anywhere else in Portland again. This is my new home away from home!
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Happy Stay"
We loved our stay. Staff was wonderful. We will recommend to anyone. Thanks.
tara
"Will return!"
Enjoyed ourselves! Nice lobby experience...music during Jazz Week. Visiting family and easy to get back and forth on public transportation.
Fern
Wonderful experience. Hotel was very clean, had great atmosphere and staff very friendly. Great location getting in/out of downtown Portland. Loved that it is a pet-friendly hotel; however we did not have a pet with us. We did stay on an allergy-free floor - nice since we're both allergic to cats. I would definitely recommend to both business and pleasure travelers.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in the middle of it all in downtown PDX"
Walk to and experience everything downtown Portland has on offer. Great hotel at a great price. Top notch in every way. Good for business travelers (I was at a conference and there were a number of other attendees who opted out of the "official conference hotel" for this property. Also would be good for a romantic weekend, or some serious shopping or entertainment trips. Close to Amtrak station, local bus and light rail, restaurants, Chinese Garden, local entertainment and shopping all within a 15 minute walk. Property is PET FRIENDLY.
"Convenient and Unique"
I was in town for work. The Hotel Monaco was very convenient. It is close to many MAX train stops. I just used the public transportation because it was very easy to get to the Convention Center and almost anywhere else I needed to go. The location was also great for just walking around downtown. It's close to good restaurants, food carts, and shopping. The hotel was clean, unique and very friendly. The restaurant in the hotel is very good too. They have great Happy Hour specials. It is very dog friendly, so if that is not your thing, steer clear. I thought it was fun to see the dogs in the lobby. It made me miss my pup. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
4 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"You'll be glad you stay here!"
Excellent hotel, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Charlotte at the front desk), comfortable & quiet room. I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Edward
"Wonderful"
Wonderful!
5 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Charmaine
"Absolutely the best in class."
This is the place to stay. Fourth time visiting this hotel.
4 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Daus
"Family-favorite Retreat in Portland!"
The Hotel Monaco has long been a family favorite of ours in Portland. We look forward to it being updated!
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Location, location, location"
The Monaco is perfectly located in walking distance of so much of the highlights of downtown Portland. We walked to great restaurants like Tasty and Alder, great shopping like Tatyana's and Powells and had fun just wandering through the neighborhood (can you find the elephant sculpture?). This was the perfect spot for our extended Portland weekend getaway.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Ordinary hotel in an extraordinary location"
street noise, especially the train passing by was too loud, even with the windows closed shut. But, we still love downtown Portland.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Quick weekend family trip to Portland"
We wanted to get out of town for the weekend (we live near Seattle) and we had never explored Portland before. Me, my wife, a teen son and a pre-teen son. The hotel staff are uber friendly and helpful. Everything is very spacious - the hallways, the rooms. We had a two Queen suite and the height of the ceilings will amaze you. The restaurant was very good; we ate there several times. Easy walking distance to shopping and the MAX train. One day we went to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, which was hardly a 5 minute drive. OMSI had some excellent interactive exhibits, and a submarine tour (SS-581 USS Blueback). The morning coffee and hot chocolate was a hit with my wife. My sons loved seeing guests with dogs. Only disappointment was no pool, my boys love hotel pools.
Stuart
"Very nice!!!"
Room was BIG with really nice decor. Very impressed by services amd the staff were very helpful. Two thumbs up!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Adam
"A treat to me"
I decided to break up my six hour drive to Bend with the treat of a night in Portland. I've stayed at just one other Hotel Monaco and this one is just as lovely. The front desk staff was very kind, the guys parking my vehicle were great and helped out with directions out of downtown.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
Fantastic hotel. Free wine hour, coffee and tea in the morning, umbrellas, a free bicycle to tour the city with, great lounge with fireplace, tub in room, fab location. Can't fault it.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"A Trip to the Big City"
The motel was awesome as usual. It is our go to place when we just need to get away from our hectic schedules.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Teresa
"Always the best place to stay"
Everything was great! We will definitely use again
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Comfortable and convenient location"
I'm a big fan of Kimpton hotels: comfortable like a boutique property but predictable and with the consistent standards of a chain. The hotel has a very approachable and amenable staff and rates are set within a range which is easily justifiable for business travelers and comfortable for tourists. I felt that the service at the adjoining Red Star Tavern was a little weak but that's a separate review. Plenty of restaurants to choose from in Portland.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Boutros Boutros
"great downtown location."
Many attendants friendly to help you in any way and surroundings beautiful, never a boring moment. The decor and different furniture, colors, and art in the hotel was very impressive and entertaining to us. Very glad they offered a hypo-allergenic floor as we are very allergic to dogs and fragrant and cleaning odors. If it were all pets allowed, we could not have stayed here.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
D&D
"Dog's delight"
Funky hotel close to shops and restaurants. Great for dog lovers! Exceptional service.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Funky hotel with awesome downtown location"
This is a great alternative to the Marriott, Hilton, and other properties in downtown Portland. It has a lot more personality than the other downtown Portland hotels. I loved the decor of this hotel, though I wish they had left what were once operable windows. The sleep quality was very good, and when we had issues with the HVAC they fixed it straight away and provided us with free cocktails while we waited for the repairs to be completed.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Wonderful mid sized hotel with great location"
Kimpton is known for the boutique hotel experience while having all the amenities you want from a larger corporate named hotel. This hotel did not disappoint. The size (not too big not too small) gives it a comfortable feel. The locations around the US make it desirable for the urban traveler. This spot is perfect to walk to great shopping and dining in Portland.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Len
"Nice hotel heart of Downtown Portland"
Great experience would love to visit again and see all the beautiful scenery.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Fantastic hotel"
Very lovely hotel. My plane from Burlington Vermont was delayed due to weather and the hotel as well as hotels.com waived the room night fee since I wasn't able to get there on time which was amazing. Beds are very comfortable!! Staff are very friendly and helpful. Gym is 24 hours which is fantastic. No complaints
6 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
monique
Very helpful and friendly staff! Welcoming, knowledgeable with good recommendations about everything I asked about. Good location and fun place to be!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice Digs and Perfect Central Location"
The Hotel Monaco is perfectly located for exploring Portland. We could walk everywhere to all the sections including across the river to Northeast Portland and down to the beautiful Portland State University. Chinatown, Old Downtown and the waterfront are less than a half mile from the hotel. Surrounding the hotel are too many eateries and pubs to name as well as the excellent restaurant and bar at the hotel. Ask Matt, the bartender, to make his special Manhattan concoction that is not on the menu. Various forms of public transportation are nearby to take you anywhere in town. The hotel includes a very nice workout room that we made daily use of, coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby, wine and beer in the early evening along with entertaining folks such as the piano player and the fortune card reader. There are games for kids and adults and plenty of dogs and puppies to fawn over as it is a very dog friendly hotel. This is our second stay and we will be back.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Jay
"Fantastic location"
Best hotel in Portland. Pet friendly, excellent staff
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
World traveller
"Great location and amenities"
We had a great time staying at this Kimpton hotel - it actually our first Kimpton experience, and we were very pleased. The room had beautiful modern decor, the staff were friendly and helped offer restaurant recommendations, and we LOVED the hot cider bar down in the lobby!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Liz
"Nice but a little challenging with the staff."
Our room wasn't ready when we checked in so said they would call us. They never did. Also house keeping woke us up early to clean our room. We were told we wouldn't be charged for parking for this error but they still charged my credit card. :-(
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
P
"Unique boutique hotel in the heart of DT Portland"
I surprised my husband with a train ride down to Portland from Tacoma, WA to watch our beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs play the Pilots. Everything about the stay was wonderful! I need to give a special shout out to the doorman. His name is escaping me (we stayed the night of January 3rd), but this young man was so pleasant and helpful. He is an excellent 1st Experience for this hotel. The beer/wine happy hour and the morning coffee/tea bar were nice touches and the lobby was always abuzz with people playing the oversized games and enjoying the fireplace. We will definitely be back!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Randi
"Nice hotel close to downtown shopping and food."
Great service. Surprised by the presence of lots of dogs.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great place in the heart of the city!"
Fancy but not pretentious. Very cool place and lovely staff.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Quick girls getaway"
Great hotel that is attentive to children and dogs. Valet staff was excellent as were bell men. Only disappointment was the food from room service. Chicken was dry salad was incomplete and the bread for grilled cheese was very dry but the hotel manager apologized and corrected on our bill. Would stay here again!
mom
"Superior Hotel"
Superior staff, superior facilities._________________________________________________________________________________________
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Next time we'll bring our dog!"
Easy access to freeways, close to everything, great vibe.
Jane