All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR, 97204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Superior Service"
As the other reviewers wrote, This is a very nice hotel because of the staff. Nothing more to add... great experience overall.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
A quick stay at a great hotel. Location is ideal also.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
allison
"Portland Visit"
It was a very nice stay. Overall a great experience. But, for us, a little expensive especially for the amount of time we were actually in our room.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Amazing Experience"
I stayed at the Hotel Monaco because my sister was in hospice and this hotel was centrally located. The Front Desk staff found out why I was there and sent the most thoughtful amenity and was constantly asking after my well being. When we had a service for my sister, the hotel was very kind and sent flowers. The staff was extremely attentive and very kind. Whenever I needed anything, (directions to an extra box) I was always met with a smile and a resolution to my query. Everyone I met from wait staff to housekeeping to valet were very always very nice and accommodating. This is a boutique hotel and the room was beautiful; in fact the whole hotel was really pretty. I could not have picked a better hotel if I had wanted to and would absolutely recommend anyone and everyone stay at this hotel.
7 night trip Nov 23, 2014
"Great place to stay for couples getaway."
Great place to stay for a couple night out. It was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. They had a nice cocktail party with beers and wines from the area. The pillows were mediocre but otherwise everything was real nice.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
maurice
"Thanksgiving Getaway"
This was the first we have ever been to Portland and we could have not chosen a better place to stay! From the beginning the staff at the Monaco made you feel welcome. And though we arrived early, 10am, our room was ready for us. The amenities made staying at the Monaco worthwhile; coffee and hot chocolate in the morning and wine/beer tasting in the afternoon was great. The maid service was impeccable and efficient. The room itself, although smaller than others in the hotel was quite nice in its decor and spaciousness. Great for a couple on a getaway. The location was fantastic also. We took advantage of public transportation even from the airport. We walked to almost everywhere we wanted making renting a car a mute point. Awesome way to see Portland!
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Best boutique hotel West of the river."
Great little boutique hotel. I like the room and the decor. However, the best part is the service. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Overnight parking is a bit pricey, but the valets really came through with their excellent directions and suggestions of where to dine and wine. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Portland.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Evan
"Disrepair and dirty"
I have stayed here before and enjoyed the experience but it was a couple years ago. The hotel was in a surprising state of poor maintenance. Carpets were filthy, walls dirty and beat up and the room smelled horrible. When I went to use the in room coffee maker I wouldn't because the water reservoir was so dirty. I have long been a Kimpton fan but this property no longer meets their standards.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"A Delightful Stay!"
Well appointed with luxurious furnishings & super clean with a friendly, professional staff. Really enjoyed my night and only regretted that I wasn't staying longer. My room had every amenity with a comfy bed and temperature control that worked perfectly. This is a must for anyone visiting Portland! The place is absolutley lovely and welcomes pets and Wifi included which is nice.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
SalesCoachAnnH
"Unique experience"
Lovely and unique hotel. Love the common area/fire and interesting rooms. Wish it wasn't so expensive!
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Swanky Hotel in the Center of Portland"
The Hotel Monaco is a well appointed hotel in the center of town, across the street from Macy's and near Pioneer Square. The hotel's provision of amenities such as free coffee in the mornings and wine in the evenings helps. The hotel appears to be particularly attractive to those traveling with dogs.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Pleasant
"Loved it!"
It was fantastic!
4 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
Mellisa
"Comfort, Style, Convenience"
A lovely, comfortable hotel with very nice people and a relaxed, fun vibe. While it was convenient and in walking distance to everything I needed, there was a stretch within the block that was not the most pleasant for walking solo--lots of street people/panhandling.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Fantastic place"
Beautiful room, great service. One of the nicest places I have ever stayed.
3 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
debra
"Wonderful Hotel in downtown Portland"
The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Recommendations about restaurants in the area were spot on! Always quick to open the door for you and make sure that everything was going well. There was coffee every morning, tea and hot cocoa in the afternoon, as well as an evening wine and beer hour! It was an extremely inviting place! I will stay there again, regardless of whether my travel is business or pleasure!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"loved it"
We arrived and all was great. The decor is inspiring and fun , really makes you feel like you are getting away. The front desk and valet staff were so helpful!
"Downtown Portland"
Very convenient to transit mall (easy ride in on light rail from airport). Very accommodating staff. Great Kimpton style and service.
"Halloween in PDX"
Eclectic hotel in a central downtown setting. A very nice place for Halloween. Dog friendly hotel had several interesting guests. Easy access to a variety of restaurants and nightclubs, and shops. The desk staff were very helpful arranging for airport taxis in the wee morning hours.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Choctaw
"Won't be disappointed staying at the Monaco."
Very quality hotel and service. Rooms a bit small and the tiny window facing a building 20 feet away made the room a bit "dark", but not much to do about that. Don't know about other exposures. Great gym.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Benjamin
"Outstanding experience!"
We had an outstanding experience. The staff was very kind and helpful. The room was large and well designed. The hot cider in the afternoon and wine hour in the evening was a really nice touch, as it allowed guests to mingle in the lovely "living room". I can't speak to parking, as we took amtrak down from Seattle and walked from the station. I can say that the hotel is very conveniently located. We walked everywhere which is my favorite way to explore a city. All in all, a fantastic experience!
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Nicole
"Great Hotel. Great Location. DOG FRIENDLY"
I love this hotel. As a matter of fact, I've never had an experience at a Kimpton hotel that I did not absolutely love. The hotel is in a great area in the center of everything. The room was very clean and the staff were very attentive. Gold star!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
Hot cider and caramels in the lobby was a nice touch, as was the wine at 5pm!
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Great experience"
The hotel was comfortable, clean and inviting. We stayed on the hypoallergenic floor. The staff was very accommodating. After learning that we had a late flight out of Portland they let us check out late with no extra charge. The lobby was beautiful and cozy with a fire burning all the time. And they actually have a free beer and wine hour in the lobby each day, which was amazing!
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Maria
"Nice place to stay"
Restful, pleasant, in a good location
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Pimping at the Kimpton"
This place rocks. They provided everything we asked for and so much more! We had a fabulous stay and cannot wait to come back again. Made my first trip to Portland that much more memorable. LOVE!
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Mellipani
I had a great time. I was a little annoyed at the nickle and diming, but that's a problem with just about all hotels.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great places in Portland"
The hotel was excellent in every way. I highly recommend it and am glad to know more about Kimpton Hotels.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Louis
Warm, homey atmosphere, yet casual elegance. Fabulous ambiance.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Laurie
"Things to do"
Ask hotel valets about where to go. They were more helpful then any website or map you can view. Recomendations were amazing and would of never thought to go where they mentioned.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Weekend at the Hotel Monaco"
My family and I were in Portland for the Portland Marathon> The hotel was close to everything we wanted to do, restaurants shopping and walking. Hotel is also very dog friendly including a welcome Lilly and Lola sign in the lobby. We loved the hosted wine bar between 5:00 and 6:00.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"One of the best."
My boyfriend and I were in town for the Portland marathon. We stayed five nights at Hotel Monaco and it was impressive from the start. The hotel staff is incredibly hospitable and accomodating. I requested a high floor and recieved a room on the 10th. (The highest). We only encountered a couple of hiccups that included a mishap with room service (coffee ordered wasnt actually brewed) and our ice bucket was rusted. These were fixed immediately. Their complimentary wine/beer hour in the lobby is fantastic. It isnt just wine and beer, they have face painting, video games, an art easel and some delicious type of snack ALL COMPLIMENTARY. We would absolutely stay in this hotel again.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Morgan
"Amazing Hotel In the Center of everything!"
Hotel Monaco went above and beyond for us on our honeymoon! They truly care about their customers and have so much creativity and detail involved in every thing they do! I've never been so happy with a hotel stay before...we will be back!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Chelsey
"Great Service at a Nice Hotel"
This is a nice hotel, but what really makes it a 5 are their people (and 13 week old Daffney the hotel pup in training)! Charlotte at the front desk welcomed us and gave us a great overview of the area and things to do. Valet was quick to help us tape up a box we needed to check. And finally once home and we realized we left a few things behind, Mary in housekeeping was quick to get back to us and quick to ship our items to us. We've stayed at Kimpton hotels before and have always enjoyed ourselves. The wine hour is a great way to meet other travelers. This was the best yet.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
John & Rob
"Tops!"
The staff at the Hotel Monaco went out of their way to make our visit great. Will definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
"Awesome and comfortable stay"
Our room was very large and accommodating. I took lots of pictures of our room because of how cool it looked and how well it was decorated. We felt lucky to have such a cool room. Most hotels are very boring, generic and unwelcoming, hotel Monaco is a beautifully colorful experience and I would love to come back and get a different room just to see how cool that one looks!
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Great hotel with a lot of personality"
The staff was extremely kind and helpful. They had great suggestions for places to eat and were more then helpful when I told them I had forgotten my computer charger. Best experience I have ever had!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Quirky and Fun"
Hotel Monaco is a fun, quirky hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. The hotel is decorated in bright colors and a mismash of styles. The rooms are generously sized. The hotel had a breakfast drink bar in the morning and snacks in the afternoon - perfect for a quick drink/bite before heading out. Location is great for downtown access -- and is right by public transportation stops.
3 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Beth
"Excellent place, excellent location"
We love Kimpton and have never been disappointed. Really loved this place and such a great location. No view, but great stay nonetheless!
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Lots of Perks at the Hotel Monaco"
Fun stay while sightseeing in Portland. Comfortable room, friendly people and lots of perks. "Wine hour" each day included wine, beer, or a vodka drink and a small Hors d'oeuvre. On our last day it included an array of Voodoo Doughnuts (last Thursday of the month we found out) that was definitely worth spoiling your appetite over. Also coffee in the AM and an ice-cream bar in the afternoon is offered in the lobby, and bikes!
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Best stay ever!"
Hands down the best hotel experience we've had to date. Arrived late after a long drive and we're upgraded to a suite - beautifully decorated, clean and enormous. Only spent one night but we felt like kings. We took out a couple complimentary bicycles in the morning and took a ride to VooDoo Donuts and the arial tram before checking out. Parking is pricey, but this hotel is amazing. We hope to visit again.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
A&A
"Wonderful experience"
Excellent hotel, very good location, astonishing design and friendly staff!
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Nick
"Hotel Monaco-----pretty disappointing"
I asked to stay on a higher floor in a quiet room. Instead, I was given a room on the second floor that was not quiet at all. Each morning before 5 am there was a lot of loud noise (I think trash removal or something going on with loud trucks). This made sleeping quite challenging for me. Also, the hotel did not feel well maintained or very upscale to me. I will not stay at this hotel during visits to Portland.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Really expected more given other reviews..."
My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights at the hotel, and for lack of a better phrase, the room and our experience was very OK. We stayed in a regular room with a queen bed. There was little to no space to put our things. Besides the closet, there were a total of three small drawers to store all of our things that were not meant to hang.There was only a small table in the room (which was covered with a variety of brochures, coffee maker, and other standard hotel items) so we struggled to find adequate space to put our things. The bathroom had the same problem. There was essentially no where to put anything. This resulted in a constant shuttling of toiletries in and out of the bathroom every time someone needed to get ready. This is addition to the fact that the bathroom had no ventilation/fan, so you had to leave the door open when showering in order to not fog up the room. Further, the bed was not very comfortable; i.e. springs jabbing into your sides. This was in addition to the terribly uncomfortable down pillows... We requested, and received, foam pillows for nights 2-4, but they were just as bad. Add in being woken up at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday by some very noisy and drunk guests, and my take away is that I will look for a different place to stay on my next trip to Portland. The icing on the cake was a person at the front desk who was quite snippy when we asked about a place to grab some quick food before we left for a hike and stated we wanted something local, not Starbucks.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Ryan
"Great location, great service"
My husband and I thought that the Monaco was fantastic. We were able to check in early, no problem. The service was great, the staff was friendly. They loaned us a couple of bikes free of charge. The room was clean and quiet (which was a big plus after our last stay). We also got a really great deal on the stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2014
Beautiful hotel with elegant and unique décor. The evening wine tasting was a very fun addition!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Good option for a stay near Seattle airport."
Efficient and freindly check in. Comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Go for it if you do not mind staying in a 'no brand' hotel.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
yogesh
"2 Stars at Best"
This hotel was not anywhere near a 4 star hotel. The hotel was old and shabby. It smelled old. Like a flophouse converted to a luxury hotel. They just forgot to add the luxury. I was very disappointed and will NEVER stay at a Kimpton hotel again for fear that they under deliver on their promise.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Sleepless in Portland
Very comfortable - loved the lobby.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Excellent place to stay"
During the check in process there seemed to be a mix up with Hotels.com. They didn't have our reservation but that was no problem for the wonderful front desk staff! Our room was upgraded to a premiere suite, free cocktail coupons and free parking. If that wasn't enough they sent up to our room champagne and chocolates for our 25th anniversary. We were treated like royalty, an experience we won't soon forget. So many restaurants within walking distance. Close to the riverfront and the weekend market too. Can't say enough about Hotel Monaco. The most elegant hotel we've stayed in.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014