All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR, 97204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Delicious food
    Breakfast is average
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
"LOVE LOVE LOVE"
Excellent! Staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. Room was exceptional and the bed was one of the most comfortable sleeping experiences I've had in a hotel!! Loved it!
Thanks we love you too!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Brent
"Great place for all ages and lifestyles."
This hotel was great, so many opportunities just outside the front door and inside the hotel. They put on great tiny 1-2 hour events multiple times throughout the day for all ages. You can check out bikes for free to cruise around the city, we were there Friday to Sunday and there were always a few available. Friday we stayed in and it was perfectly quiet and on Saturday we went out and there were lots of active people up and out. Perfect hotel for either night life style.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
We love all of our guests, no matter the age or background! Please get back soon, we've got tons of programming coming up for the fall.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Matthew
"Great hotel to see Portland."
Friendly, helpful staff! Large, cool rooms. Lounge area wonderful!
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Mom
"Always a Hotel Win"
I always love staying at Kimpton Hotels, but the Hotel Monaco in Portland is my favorite. The staff, services and amenities are all top-notch - thanks for another great stay!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
We love it! Thanks very much for the kind words and please come back and see us soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Bryn
"Love this hotel"
Great stay - really friendly staff. Extremely cheerful and helpful from front desk to the bellmen - all excellent! This was a return visit and will stay again.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate it and very happy we were able to deliver the second time around! Looking forward to seeing you again
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Ann
"Great overall stay!"
Wonderful overall stay! Would recommend highly. Very artistic and great staff. Close to everything downtown.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you and please come back soon.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
Cassandra
"Excellent decor"
Clean, wildly decorated rooms with bathrobes. Great place to stay
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks, we love our rooms too! The leopard robes are always a hit as well.
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Great location. Very helpful desk staff. Great bed and funky room decor. Parking costs are steep.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate the kind words about your great staff at the desk, we love them too! Regarding parking costs we do regular parking surveys and found we're not at the top of any of the local hotels that offer covered, secure parking with 24 hour access. In fact, we've even found a couple that charge more and don't offer valet service! Hope that helps and that you get a chance to join us again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
hotel caters to LBGT community. My young daughters saw a drag show/ gay man auction while walking to our room. Not very family friendly. I wanted to use the cart to load our gear liesurely. The front desk person was very resistant to allow me to use a cart at 5am. I'm not an invalid, I don't need somebody to move my things for me. Loud party kept us up at night.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the feedback we appreciate your thoughts and I wanted to respond. You are correct, our hotel certainly caters to the LGBT community. Kimpton Hotels are a proud supporter of that community and we make it a mission to be inclusive to everyone, regardless of background, identity or belief system. We respect, cater to and support everyone! Regarding the event you saw, it's possible you saw some guests on their way to an outside party or event but we did not have a 'man auction' on property. It may have been a part of the city's famous Pride Weekend a few weeks ago. Hope that helps and we do hope you get a chance to join us on a less busy weekend.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
concerned dad
"Gay hotel??"
Didn't know it was a hotel that catered to lbgt community. My Kids saw a drag show-gay man auction on way to our room. Many men holding hands, arm and arm, and some kissing. Not conservative family friendly . Party went until wee hours if morning. Wanted to use cart myself to load all if our luggage. Very gay receptionist argued that I wasn't allowed to use cart myself. My room was $462 and I'm not allowed to use a cart??? I'm not an invalid. I don't need help putting bags on a cart.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate the feedback about your stay. While we haven't had any drag shows on property, we do cater to everyone. That includes families, couples, conservatives and our LGBT community. All are very important to us and all are very welcome. Robert GM
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
concerned dad
"Above and beyond"
Loved everything about Hotel Monaco, especially the very friendly and helpful staff. We were in town for the Blues Festival and everyone from the valet to doorman gave us great tips for restaurants, etc... The gal at the desk (forgot her name) was able to get us reservations at one of the best (and nearly impossible to get reservations at) restaurants, after we finished our meal the waitress came over and told us we had a complimentary drink and dessert coming courtesy of our hotel - awesome!!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much, we love the feedback! You'll have to come back down for our Labor Day music festivals. There's a lot of great stuff going on then too.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"good location, hotel has class and character with"
Took family vacation to Portland and used another review site to find hotel, we seek good locations with clean rooms, attentive staff and especially character, we were please with this place
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed yourself. Please come back soon!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great hotel and staff"
Wonderful service and a great room. The staff and front desk manager are superb.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Appreciate it! We'll pass along the great feedback to Tim our Front Office Manager. Have a lovely summer and come see us again.
8 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Staff ROCKS! Luxury and convenience"
Wow, where do I start? We have stayed in this hotel previously and another Monaco ( Baltimore) and it has always been an exceptional experience but this staff the staff EXCEEDED even our highest expectations. We LOVE that they are pet friendly , even though it has never worked out to bring our own pets.The amazing cocktail hour is awesome. Their living room is so gorgeous and comfortable. We had lots of pillows in the room but my husband was getting a crick in his neck and asked for other options. A member of the staff went SHOPPING specifically for him and brought back at least 4-5 pillows and said take your pick! It doesn't get any better than that. We did stay in a suite this time since we were staying for a longer period that we usually do when traveling and it is very comfortable and spacious( and GORGEOUS, of course). This hotel is close to great shopping at all the luxury stores nearby, The restaurant attached has a fabulous breakfast ( my hubby is a vegan so can be hard), even the valet staff were SO incredibly helpful. not one tiny negative in our experience. Can't recommend highly enough!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you! We're incredibly grateful about the time you took to acknowledge our wonderful staff. They truly are the special sauce in our operation. Have a good summer and we hope you make it back to Portland soon!
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Great Location, Nice Staff, Comfortable Rooms"
We loved it here. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It is the perfect location for downtown. We were able to walk to all the locations we wanted to in a reasonable amount of time (Blue's festival, Portland City Grill, Pearl District). We noticed a few dogs in the Hotel and didn't realized they were so pet friendly. Next time we will certainly be bringing ours.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
We hope you do! Have a great summer and come see us again soon with your pets.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Zane
"Great ambiance and service in the middle of it all"
Hotel Monaco is a fun and funky stay in downtown Portland. Such a welcoming staff and great amenities and extras made our stay very enjoyable. The Red Star lounge and restaurant were superb and full of locals after work. I would definitely stay there again. A departure from the average, sterile-feeling hotel environment.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks very much for your comments. Our goal is to be a departure from the ordinary, so we really appreciate you seeing that in us! Take care and come back soon.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Rose
"Highly recommended"
Great from start to finish.
Appreciate+it%21++
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"Portland visit June 2015"
May be the nicest hotel where I have ever stayed. The staff was wonderful. The room was fantastic. I would like to live here.
We+love+it%21++Thanks+so+much%2C+and+we+hope+you+make+it+back+soon.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Shari
"Good hotel for a mid-week visit"
After hiking Mt St Helen, we spent a couple of days in Portland. The hotel is centrally located, easy walk to most Portland attractions, (brew pubs, waterfront, food trucks). Nice complimentary wine tasting each evening, bikes are available to borrow, (great for Portland as it is so flat), friendly staff, but expensive overnight parking.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate it!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
alxlo
"Helped when I got sick"
I was here for a week for a conference. The last day I got a stomach bug and had to extend my stay a day because I couldn't fly. Karen H at the front desk totally took care of keeping me in my room, called and checked on me and even sent Gatorade and crackers to my room w a sweet note. Traveling alone is hard especially when you get really sick- but they made me feel at home and went above and beyond! Kudos to hotel Monaco !
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much, we truly appreciate the kind words about Karen and agree she's pretty special. Hope you're feeling better and make it back soon!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Sheri
"Lovely Hotel"
The staff were wonderful! The location was excellent and the room was very comfortable.The only downside of my stay was the line up and the lack of seating during the 6 pm for wine and beer in the lobby area.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Glad to hear your kind words about our team! Thanks as well for the feedback about our Wine Hour. It's pretty popular here and we do our best to keep up with demand. We'll make sure that we schedule appropriately so our guests don't have to wait for a great glass of wine or local beer. Have a great summer and come see us again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Nice experience"
I felt really relaxed during my staying and really like the style of the whole hotel. I will choose this hotel again next time.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you so much, that's certainly our goal!
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Jiaxing
"Unique hotel in the heart of downtown Portland"
I love the ambiance of the hotel and unique designs, and the staff was really friendly. But the room was a little small for the price, including the bathroom which had no counter space. Also staff at the restaurant downstairs, the Red Tavern, were really snooty and rude, especially the bartender. We were a little appalled by him.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Glad you enjoyed it, but our apologies for the perception you received in Red Star. We'll own the feedback both good and bad, so we'll be sure to share it with our team and learn from there.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Charis
"Grand Floral Parade"
Staycation. Annual weekend for Grand Floral parade. Perfect location, thank you for the upgrade to a corner room. All staff very friendly from the doormen, reception to housekeeping. Will stay here again.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much for joining us. Thrilled you enjoyed that corner room, we love it too! It gets such great natural light. Have a good summer and come see us for next year's parade. Robert General Manager Hotel Monaco Portland - a very Kimpton Hotel
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"LOVED my room, it was a corner room, lots of light"
Pricey room, but wonderful linens, bed, decor, quiet and clean. EVERYthing costs you though -- I was there 8 nights and it was lovely -- just a bottle of water is $4-$5/each, stale potato chips at a whopping $7.00 (although they kindly reimbursed me), there were few amenities unless you were willing to dish out the $. The staff was lovely, and my complaints (no refilling honor bar, they had to wait on honor bar people ??, couldn't just hand me a bottle of water), were heard, just curiously cavalier for the price. I've never stayed that long at a good hotel where some concessions weren't offered -- Ritz offered upgraded room, never paid for much from the honor bar unless it was alcohol -- almost anytime I've stayed longer than 3 nights, concessions were offered, usually a reduction in room rate, concessions with the silly honor bar. Times are hard, I guess. Anyway, I loved my room, began to think I lived there. Used the restaurant associated and got great room service, good (enough) food and lovely staff.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great boutique hotel!"
We had a great anniversary weekend in Portland and Hotel Monaco was a perfect fit for us. In downtown, walking distance to shopping and dining, and the service is excellent. We will likely go back, although will need to wait for a sale as the price is a bit high.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for joining us! We're always honored when someone trusts us with a milestone like a birthday or anniversary. Regarding deals, check us out at our Kimpton website for the best deals and promotions.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"An Integral Part of Your Portland Experience"
If you're looking for a facility that will be an integral part of your Portland experience, look no further than Hotel Monaco. The charming, warm and genuine staff reflect the city itself. The hotel is on point with all that the Kimpton brand offers. The location is perfect. Hotel Monaco never disappoints!
Other trip May 26, 2015
@alcwv
"Great downtown location"
Check-in was a breeze. Lobby is awesome. My only complaint was that I reserved a queen and got what appeared to be a double bed.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Awesome hotel"
Absolutely wonderful, now my favorite, a teddy bear on the bed, zebra and giraffe robes, I felt like I stepped into the looking glass, and I was Alice. Breathtaking room, free happy hour, extra large games and pillows on the floor, pianist playing what ( kiddy tunes) did I hear Mr Rogers neighborhood... Will be back, stress dissolved....
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
That's our goal! Have a lovely spring and come see us again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Yvonne
"Excellent service"
grear hotel and service but beds too soft so was hard in our backs. Coffee and happy hour was nice.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for joining us and apologies for the issues with the beds. Should you visit us again and it be an issue, please call our Guest Relations team; we can usually come up with an option that will work for you.
1 night family trip May 11, 2015
"Hotel Monaco - always reliable"
If you have stayed in any Hotel Monaco, this one is definitely one of their best. The rooms are a bit small but tastefully decorated, great beds, awesome bathrooms, and great customer service. Civilized lodging is what I like to call it and I am a huge fan!
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Love hearing it! Thanks and come see us again soon.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
Rachel
"good location in downtown"
It was a short stay - but I still could enjoy great piano music, free wine and even try my skills in ... oil painting. Decor is fantastic.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Jay
Grossly overpriced. Price tag on everything in room. Not price appropriate.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks and apologies for any frustration. We try to make sure that anything that's noted as for sale is limited to only the Honor Bar. There's nothing else that's for sale in the room. We to make sure that there's a true sense of value with all of the extra amenities that come with a stay.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Great Downtown Pet and People Friendly Hotel"
Large, very comfortable room. Excellent location for downtown shopping, eating. Extremely pet friendly without making you feel like you are being overrun by pets.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks so much! We do love our pets (and guests too!)
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"It's all about the service!"
what makes The Monaco in Portland stand out from the rest of the hotels in Portland is the staff and their fabulous attention to detail. this trip I had booked a King room, the bellman could tell I was a bit underwhelmed and offered unprompted by me to request an upgrade to a king suite, he succeeded, as did every one else who works at the Hotel.The front desk,concierge,door men,parking valets...all a step above the rest of the crowd. their afternoon wine tasting is fun,great selection of Oregon wines to taste at no charge. I love this hotel.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you very much, we love our staff too!! So happy that our bellman anticipated your needs and acted to make sure it was a great stay for you. Hope you can make it back soon.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"I'll Be Back"
Was in town for a 4 day convention. Hotel was close to everything and easy access to MAX for direct connection to Oregon Convention Center. Very nice staff. Would like to stay here again.
Response by Hotel Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
We'd love that too! Hope you can make it back soon.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
G. Eugene
"Perfect location in downtown Portland."
Easy walk to the Pearl District and so on. Beautiful hotel, with unique, large comfortable rooms. Highly recommended. The only negative: the onsite restaurant isn't very good - so I advise doing your research and finding better places to eat. The food isn't necessarily bad - it's just not exciting, and plenty expensive.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Ted
"great location and place to stay"
in the center of the shopping district! great location and easy access off I-5
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great location and helpful staff"
We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Our room wasn't cleaned one day, but we got compensated for a free breakfast at the restaurant for a family of four.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
cricket
"Kid and adult friendly :)"
Beautiful hotel, perfect setting for kids to play and adults to relax. Will request to stay on hypoallergenic floor next time as my allergies were rocking from prior four legged guests.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Wonderful Staff and location!"
The staff was very knowledgeable about how to get to nearby places and with recommendations on where to eat. The hotel was gorgeous with lots of amenities And within walking distance of eveverything. I wish the bathrooms were a little nicer for the price. I was kind of hoping for a nice bath as we were there on our honeymoon.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Beautifully decorated, clean room and friendly, helpful staff!
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Ashley
"Great experience at Monaco"
Was unfortunately only there for one night but the room was great, had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. Great location, would definitely come back.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
business travel
"Excellent convenient, luxury hotel"
My son and husband stayed here one night. They said the staff were awesome and super helpful. They got a free upgrade to a suite which was a true treat! They said it was convenient to the train which took them to and from Providence Park. Said they wod definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Jennefer
"Late night check in,"
I had a late night check in due to an unplanned grounding in Portland. I used the Expedia mobile app to book the room in less than 5 minutes. The staff upgraded our room to two double queens. I love the design of Hotel Monaco. Its one of the few places that feels more comfortable than home. We had lovely breakfast through room service in the morning and were quickly on our way. The staff even had a "treasure chest" for my little one to select a fun toy from on our way out.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
J02
"Perfect Portland Location"
I would highly recommend Hotel Monaco. It is the perfect location when visiting Portland. Staff is amazing. I have never been disappointed.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
@alcwv
I was impressed by the very friendly staff. The room was nice. Somewhat small. The hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Portland. You can walk everywhere from here. Probably a little pricey if all you care about is the basics. I would visit Hotel Monaco again.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"One night in Kimpton."
We stayed at the Kimpton while touring Portland and Eugene. It's perfectly downtown, which gives it a closeness to everything, and nearly all of downtown is walkable from there. The decor and vibe of the place is what you expect Portland to be being a traveler from out of town. It's eclectic, a little weird, but really feels at home. The staff were super friendly and polite, the attached restaurant was fantastic, and the room was super comfortable. The price was pretty steep for the one night we stayed, and we got in late so we really couldn't take in the whole hotel before we left, but it's worth a trip.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Free goldfish!!"
Loved the free goldfish in your room :) super random, but definitely made the stay that much more fun. Also the room was cute and nicely decorated.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
liz
"$/sq ft too high"
Rooms are too small for the price.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015