All hotels in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America

My boyfriend and i decided d to visit d.c. because neither of us had ever been, even though we have lived in Norfolk for years. We spent majority of the day in d.c. and only needed the room to sleep. It was very nice and clean. Checked in early and took the Eisenhower metro into d.c. the metro was close to the hotel with free parking (weekends), and hotel provides complimentary shuttle to metro. The hotel also has complimentary parking which was a major factor in my decision to stay at this hotel. Overall great experience and I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Ashley
"Courtyard"
Excellent loc near metro 2 DC
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Zorick
Overall an enjoyable stay. We were only there for one night but it was a very nice hotel with free parking.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Mario
"a friendly oasis after a busy day"
From the time I stepped into the lobby, I noticed the positive nature of those behind the desk. My room was clean, , the lobby was nice and I will definitely make this hotel my "go-to" when in Alexandria.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
Linda M.
"Excellent Guest Service"
The staff are well versed in guest service. Beginning with the arrival experience and it continued well into after our departure. The rooms were very clean and maintained from bedding to carpets and the bathroom. The only caveat is the location. The freeway offramps heading to this location may get confusing first time around. Overall a great place to stay!
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
JT
"Convenience is Key"
In town for a quick trip and found that this Courtyard was perfect for my stay. My favorite amenity was the Starbucks in the lobby!!!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
KellyP
"Close to Metro Station"
We chose this location because it is close to the Metro Station and that makes it so easy to go into DC.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"Better than expected"
I guess it had been a while since I stayed in a Courtyard property. This one is very nicely appointed and the staff couldn't have been nicer. If I was going to put a fine point on it, I'd make 2 comments. One, there was a substantial carpet stain in front of the TV in my room (214). Second, we got off the Metro at the Huntington stop and they told us that the shuttle only picked guests up at the closer Metro stop. Huntington is only about 3 minutes farther away so that seemed kind of picky. Other than those minor complaints, I was very pleased and will definitely return next time I need to stay in Alexandria.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Howie
Very convenient location if staying in Alexandria. Near town shopping center and restaurants.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"very good hotel for this price"
it is very clean, sheets and floor are very well organized. for a price of $84.00, we got the nice stay and service as in a nice hotel in Las Vegas. plus there is free parking. would love to come back there.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"Ease of highway access"
Very easy access to and from I-95. Room was clean. Bed facing window was different. Pillows not comfortable. Furniture was unusual: seating area was small, couch was uncomfortable. Bathroom adequate. Would have liked a continental breakfast, instead of overpriced bistro. Parking lot layout was really confusing; instead of two way, should be one way around the entire building because of angled parking section. Friendly staff. Nice alternative than downtown Alexandria; parking is free at hotel.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
"nice hotel, very close to the metro"
enjoyed my experience at this hotel, all hotel staff were very hospitable. Shuttle available to drive you to whole foods and the eishenhower metro stop
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Not bad as long as you're getting a discount!"
The hotel staff was excellent. I booked the room through Expedia at a special, non-refundable rate, charged directly to my credit card. There were multiple charges from the hotel including one for over $200, the cost of the room. The hotel staff was right on it and made the fix. The rooms are a bit old but clean. I would stay again as long as I was getting a good rate...I wouldn't pay over $130 a night!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"near conference"
Less than a mile from my conference and metro. The bistro had good.
4 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Barry
"Great Service"
The hotel was physically everything I expected from Marriott. The service was awesome. I casually mentioned my birthday while checking in. After returning from a night out with my friend, I found a birthday card, cake, and breakfast voucher in my room. Due to an emergency, I had to leave in a hurry the next morning. I was going to just grab a coffee, but the young lady behind the counter made sure I received my sandwich within seconds. I will definitely stay at this hotel if I'm ever in the area again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Average"
The lobby of the hotel had been renovated very well, but I was not impressed with the rooms. The shower/tub had permanent stains in the bottom and the room itself had a stale/musty odor. The staff was pleasant.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
Greetings Bunny! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay. I apologize about the inconveniences you experienced with your bathroom. We are in the midst of completing some bathroom enhancements and we are excited about the new look! Our goal is to address your concerns with our team so that we ensure we are aware of challenges to provide resolution to our guest issues. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of further assistance. Warm Regards, Monica Lynott Assistant General Manager
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
Bunny
Compared to other Marriott hotels, this hotel seemed to be not comparable. My expectations were very high and this hotel was not up to par. My initial room smelled very musty and there we were alot of noise and disturbances including the room attendant. I have experienced other hotels and I am thoroughly disappointed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Hotel was clean and in good condition, but the room did not have a mini refrigerator. The shower water pressure was weak and the water changed from hot to cold often. The is no hotel access from the parking garage, but the hotel is in a good location with easy access. I would look for somewhere else next trip, but would stay there over other high priced places for a night or two.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
The hotel staff was great. They were very friendly and accommodating and made myself and my fiancé feel very comfortable. The room had a slight whiff of funk to it but was overall clean. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and a very affordable way to enjoy the D.C. area (30 min drive away). Also, check out the restaurant Chadwick's (10 min from the hotel), you won't regret it.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Close to National Harbor"
Convenient
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Mrs. Stratton
"Elegant Rooms & Hotel"
I'm happy I chose this Hotel to stay in, their services include a free shuttle that takes you to the Eisenhower Metro Station which is a plus. They have a nice bistro and business center. Employees are all nice and client-oriented.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Cat P"
Our room smelled of cat urine. Couldn't change b/c hotel full. Bistro was unsatisfying n expensive. The staff n service were good however.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice hotel! Easy access to major highway..."
Good food! Nice environment! Friendly staff. Family friendly. Wifi a bit slow. Too much tall trees, but good shade.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
vicky t. nguyen
"Great Place; Convenient Location"
Our room was very clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. If you're visiting the DC area, this hotel is a good choice.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"I expected more from this hotel"
I requested a microwave and refrigerator during reservation. It took three request to the front desk to get a refrigerator and never got the microwave. I was informed they ran out of microwave.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
Good Afternoon Charles, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize that we were not able to honor all of your requests. Unfortunately, all of our rooms are not equipped with refrigerators and we have a very limited number of microwaves available for guest rooms. We do try our best to honor all requests, however uunfortunately we cannot guarantee theese requestss due to the lack of availability. I am glad that they were able to locate a refrigerator for you. We are hoping to have more microfridge units next year when we do our capital expenditure projects. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback . We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"400m from a metro stop"
The hotel met what I was looking for: clean, in a safe neighborhood, available parking, walking distance to a metro stop, decent, in-house place for breakfast, friendly staff.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
zy
"Good standard hotel"
We wanted a affordable hotel near Washington, and this matched our needs.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
Anja
"Lovely stay in Alexandria."
Had a great time, good deal on expedia. Great services and clean and comfortable room and bed. I breakfast but was not a deal breaker.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
sean
"close to metro in Alexandria, overlooking freeway"
friendly staff and updated lobby are pleasant. Room was decent but smelled musty.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Nice, Neat, Practical, Pleasant"
My family and I stayed here. The experience was pleasant enough and I probably would stay here again. Make sure when you book your reservation that breakfast is included because it is not a standard part of the hotel amenities and only two meals were covered though we were a family of three. The front desk staff were cordial and very helpful with getting around town. I'd had an issue with the restaurant cashier (seemed he was new or in training) and they cleared it up immediately! Glad the parking was free.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
A. Palmer
"Brief Overnight"
Room was large, clean, and well appointed. Bed was large, solid, and with plenty of blankets and pillows.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great Hotel in Alrxandria, VA"
Great location. Only drawback, no swimming pool!
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Tom Moran
This is an extremely comfortable hotel, with a helpful, friendly staff. We got the "Stay for Breakfast" package and enjoyed starting each day with a great meal!
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Great Hotel - 2 blocks to Metro (walking)"
Stayed for 10 days while visiting D.C. Excellent hotel with friendly staff. Free parking and close to Metro station. Room was clean, bed was good. Quiet area. Shuttle takes to Old Town shuttle. Not a lot of restaurants close by.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Roy
"great room but not clean"
The service was nice. I was happy to have a balcony room, but I was not very happy with the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was mold on the shower curtain and I alerted the cleaning staff, who was very friendly, but was unable to remove all of the mold on the certain. This is not my first time seeing this in hotels and would hope there would be a replacement policy for shower curtains.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Ok service, decent location, excellent "amenities""
Checked in late at night and it took a VERY long time to get us a room. They failed to change our bed sheets. However, free parking and wi-fi were great amenities, the market had decent prepackaged food options (although VERY pricey) and the location was close to the highway. Recommend staying here only if you have a car.
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
"Outstanding hotel with outstanding staff"
Location was great right off the beltway. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The workout facility was first class. We did not eat at the hotel which was very expensive but they provided free transportation to a nice restaurant for breakfast.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great Service"
My flight was delayed, and I didn't arrive until 1am. The front desk sent a shuttle (even though they were done for the day) and gave me a beverage free of charge.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Ms. Hatcher
I had a great stay and would definitely stay there again
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great Price and Location"
Great Price, Great Staff, Few Block Walk to Metro Rail or Hotel offers Free Shuttle. Also free shuttle to Old Town Alexandria for great restaurants and shopping. TIP: Cost of Alexandria Yellow Cab to Mall area is 25-30 USD (plus tip) which is reasonable and very handy!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"AWESOME:-)"
I felt like a Princess ! Awesome king size. I never imagined it would be soooo good.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Great Stay!!
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Front desk Staff"
Front staff could have been more present during interaction. Seemed a bit preoccupied mantally.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay. I apologize that our staff seemed pre occupied and unattentive. Please know that we have addressed this with our team . It is feedback from our valued guests like yourself that bring awareness to our challenges so that we may continue to imprive our service processes.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Vacation Loop"
We found the hotel quite nice and accomodating. Breakfast at the Bistro was good but pricy. Having friends and family in the area, we parked our car and were transported to DC and Old Town. Free, covered parking is a real plus.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Great Place!"
This place was great to stay at. Friendly staff. Rooms were really clean. Only downside was the 10 min walk to the metro but they have a shuttle that takes you there for free. There isn't much to eat in the area so plan on eating at their restaurant. Kinda pricey. Metro takes about 20 mins to get to the national mall.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Cherokeehackslife
"Close to metro and walking distance to shops"
Hotel was in a convenient area. Clean provided basic amenities. Beds were not the most comfortable but not horrible for one or two nights.
Other trip May 25, 2014
alex
"Nice hotel close to metro."
The hotel staff was very helpful. They did not have our reservation from Expedia even though we had a confirmation number. The staff contacted Expedia and were able to find us a room. They were also very good at giving us driving and metro directions.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Becky
I had a great time. Staff were great. They help me and my girlfriend with directions around the city. Walking distance to restaurants and movies and the train station which was a plus.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Good Choice"
The location and cleanliness of the hotel was great. The price was acceptable being I made last minute reservations and the hotel is close to downtown Alexandria. Overall, a great hotel.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Craig
"Great staff!"
The staff was terrific very friendly and professional.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014