All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
536 Haight Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Uncomfortable bed and bad smell in room."
Would not stay here again. Bed was hard, obviously a very very old bed. The room had a bad smell and the cleanliness was just okay. For the price we could have gotten another hotel with much better conditions.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Reasonably priced and basic."
The whole area was fully booked and I booked late; the week prior to the weekend we needed to stay, so there were only two smokers' rooms remaining. Although clean, they did smell strongly of smoke and there was a lingering, peculiar smell in the bathroom that wouldn't go when we sprayed everywhere with air freshener. The decor needed updating but the beds were comfortable (one very squeaky), and they were fine for a single night. If you're looking for a longer stay I'd choose elsewhere. The staff were polite and helpful. Don't go at a peak time for breakfast as there were a limited number of tables and chairs but the food is fine.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Marie
"Nice hotel. Nice staff."
Great waffles for breakfast. Nicely run hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Recently renovated. Nice warm cookies in the lobby. I was pleasantly surprised.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Will Stay Again--Great Staff-Great Stay"
Loved this hotel. The staff was super friendly with directions and local attractions. It was super clean and the breakfast was healthy and fresh. Loved the coffee available at all hours and my daughter loved the popcorn.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
I stayed there over night. It was great.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you chose to stay with us while spending the night in Poughkeepsie.
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"Not a luxury stay, but sufficient."
It is clear this hotel has taken steps to update the decor. The room was clean and comfortable enough for the the very brief time spent there.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so glad that you noticed the recent improvements that we have made to our hotel! We are not finished yet with the updates that we have planed.... Come back again soon to see what else we are working on!
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Steve & Leslie
"Convenient location"
We chose this hotel because of price and location. The rooms were clean though the bathrooms were small. The staff was friendly and ably responded to any questions or concerns we had. The breakfast area was the cleanest I've ever encountered in my travels. I would recommend staying here if you are cost conscious.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so thankful for your great comments and your recommendation to other travelers. We work hard to provide great customer service and a clean room!
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Stacie
"Two star"
Rooms Needs updating
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
I am sorry to hear that your room was not up to your expectations. We have been making many improvements to the guest rooms and have more renovations planed. We hope that you will return to check out all of the improvements!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"It's a Days Inn...."
It's a Days Inn, we didn't expect a luxury hotel, but it was fine for the price for one night in Poughkeepsie.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We thank you for choosing the Days Inn while in Poughkeepsie! We offer many amenities to our guests including free continental breakfast, wireless internet, indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. We hope that you choose to stay with again!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Carole
"Nice Stay"
Front desk helpful, clean room, area was okay
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Thank you for the review!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Ann
Nice room. Pool very small but nice. Housekeeping didn't know how to knock before entering
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Thank you for the comments about your stay! We are so glad that you enjoyed the indoor pool while you were with us!
4 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2014
I spent one night, after a family function in the area. The hotel suited my needs. Breakfast was free, and, while nothing fancy, was just what I needed to get back on the road.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Launch pad into Poughkeepsie and Hyde Park"
I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so glad that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful front desk staff! They always try to go above and beyond to help out our guests!
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"College Tour Stop Over"
We needed a place to stay on our way through Poughkeepsie to visit Vassar College. I found this motel using the "Find Nearby Hotels" button on the Expedia page. The motel was accurately depicted -- clean, near to the college and with a continental breakfast. The room has recently been updated, as there was a distinct "new carpet" smell to the room, but not overbearingly so. I liked that the windows opened for some evening fresh air, but there were also safety locks so we didn't feel insecure. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was adequate (clean, updated, not fancy). The continental breakfast had a nice range of offerings. It's a real pet peeve of mine when there is no fresh food provided (just packaged donuts or some other junk food), but this one had hard boiled eggs, fresh milk for cereal, and "make your own" waffles. Overall, it suited our needs for a quick overnight stay.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! As mentioned we are very close to Vassar College. Many of our guests visiting Vassar College enjoy the quick walk over to the campus. We are so glad that you noticed and enjoyed the improvements that we are making to the hotel! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Comfortable hotel close to Vasser College"
Overall good experience - not too expensive, parking is easy, coffee and water are always available, location is safe and neighborhood like.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We are go happy to hear that we were a good value and in a good location! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Whitney
"Days inn"
We just needed a place to sleep so it was adequate. The room A/C never got quite cold. The rooms were smaller than I expected especially the bathroom. They were replacing the rugs so there was that new rug smell. The breakfast was good the staff were great.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Not a bad place"
They are fixing it up - new carpets, flowers etc - successfully making an effort to make it a place you'd want to return to, and yes, I'd stay there again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Mom
Property was somewhat older and not in the best shape for the rate charged. Staff provided what was needed but not anything beyond basic needs. Location was a plus. Breakfast was satisfactory for an included continental breakfast, but nothing special.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to CIA"
We stayed here two nights and it was very convenient to look at the college in Hyde Park,, Hudson Walkway, and local restaurants. The hotel was in the process of renovating. The kids were able to enjoy the pool, cookies in the evening, and use the business center to complete homework. We would stay here again.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so glad the you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned we are in the process of renovating! We have just installed new carpeting in all of our guest rooms and many of the rooms have also gotten a new coat of paint! We are so proud of our new look and hope that you will come back soon!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Dirty room and surroundings, sink clogged"
Room wasn't vacuumed. There was dryer lint and trash outside the door. The clerk vacuumed for me and gave me a good recommendation on where to get a good meal.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Spend the extra $100"
The first room they gave us smelled like smoke. The baseboards was hanging off the heating system. The bathroom was the size of an extra small closet. I complained to the desk, we were move to a second room. That room was a Little better but it didn't feel relaxed at all. It fell like I was staying in a cheap motel with my children rather than a hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Vassar college
"Beware."
When we arrived at 6 p.m. we had been on the road since 4 a.m. and after visiting a college, were ready for a quiet night. AC was not on so we immediately put that on and went out for dinner. After being out an hour came back and the room was still hot. My husband called the office and immediately the manager came up and said he would call maintence. To make a long story short, they moved us to another room. The young man at the desk was extremely courteous. The next morning we were leaving and trying to pack the car. The woman at the front desk acted like she was doing us a favor opening the door for us. Needless to say, Days Inn won't see us again
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Rita
"Convenient to the locations we attending."
The hotel staff was very welcoming & we were able to check in sooner . I reserved two rooms. One of the rooms was very satisfactory and the other had a problem w/ the air conditioning unit ; not cooling. In general, the staff was very friendly.
Hel
I had to take a smoking room, as this was all that was left. I was offered a non-smoking room, now available, but already settled, so declined. Blanket on bed had holes in it, and needs to be replaced. Bathroom floor had linoleum worn thru in spots. Could not get bathroom hair dryer and outlet to work, or one of the outlets in the room. Found out from Front desk that the light switches needed to be on for the outlets to work! Could have been told that at check-in... Front desk and maid service were fine. Internet was slow, but worked. Bed was comfortable, A/C was fine. OK, just a bit run-down, but room price was reasonable, and location was main reason for choice.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Chloe
"Don't accept a smoking room"
The room reeked of smoke, was dilapidated & rug/ woodwork dirty. I'd sleep in my car before I would accept the last smoking room / never use that chain again
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
lisa
"CLose to thee location I was attending graduation"
Great stay room was clean, linens were very tidy.In a horrible section of town.Got breakfast but no where to sit so we went back to room
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Daniela
We had a great experience at the days inn. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We stayed for three nights and it served its purpose. Very close to everything we needed. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Melanie
"Great place"
Neat tidy convenient friendly staff and a pool!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Gerald
"Good in a pinch"
We had trouble with the check-in. The front desk did not have my reservation. Later they said that hotels.com did not send the reservation until after I was trying to check in. In the end it was straightened out, but still a little annoying at the time. Now to the room. It was clean and beds were comfortable, but it was very small. I'm used to a bigger room. Also, there is very little sound insulation, as we could here everything that was going on in the hallway and parking lot. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble here. The location was convenient from where we were coming from, but was not that close to major highways going through Poughkeepsie. The lobby was clean, the parking was sufficient and the free breakfast was the standard coffee, juice, muffins, cereal and waffles. We ended up going to the Palace Diner for a more substantial meal. Overall, we were satisfied, but have had better experiences booking through hotels.com
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
John C.
"over priced"
Unsatisfied, Hotel was run down in need of major re modeling. Room smelled musty, beds were small, carpet and walls old on worn out.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Clean, quiet, affordable and conveniently located"
I was attending an early morning conference at Marist College and needed an affordable place to stay the night before.My King-sized room was fairly spacious and very clean. Yes, the room did seem a bit old but that does not bother me. The motel is about 10 min from Marist and there was a little downtown area with shops and restaurants nearby. While it's walkable to that area, I would not recommend it as this is Poughkeepsie after all. While I did not feel unsafe staying here, I could see how the area makes other reviewers feel uncomfortable. The Days Inn has a really good location and offers very affordable prices. If need to come back to the area, I would stay here again. A couple of points about the room where I can see being points of contention (none of these bothered me): (1) the heat works really, really well. I had to turn it on (lowest setting) and then turn it off in the middle of the night since the room got too hot. (2) There isn't a real closet. The area next to the bed has a cutout where you can hang clothes. If you want a real closet, probably not the place for you. (3) The way my room was set up, the desk was very close to the bed so that the chair actually blocks the path across the room. For people with mobility issues, this might be a problem.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"Close to Vassar; No other reason to stay there"
The motel, (because that is what it really is) is close to Vassar. There is no other reason to stay there if you are not visiting Vassar. It is in a horrible location, in a very sketchy, dilapidated, neighborhood. I was afraid to leave my car in the parking lot overnight and felt very unsafe staying in a ground floor, street-side access room.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
M
"near marist"
i wanted a hotel on rte 9 near marist college. the last hotel, i kept getting lost on my way to marist. the hosts were very accommodating since my arrival date was booked as a month off. they made the adjustments for me and were very kind about heating my room and not making a big deal about the error. bathroom didn't have heat and it was probably the coldest night of the year, but i just closed the door and then my room was warm.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
patty
"Very good!"
We were happy to be staying at the Courtyard but at the same time a little disappointed. We have stayed here several times over the years and have chosen it as a winter getaway for their pool, jacuzzi and all inclusive breakfast buffet. The jacuzzi and buffet are no more. A little disappointed.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2014
"Bad experience"
Cannot adjust the temperature inside the room, During 2 days stay just once the room cleaned . very small space for eating breakfast.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"Average hotel in a quite bleak neighborhood"
As a frequent visitor to the United States, I have come to realize that neighborhoods can vary from blocks to blocks. In that case, unfortunately, the variation is quite unfortunate. Do not let the fact that the hotel is located in the magnificent Hudson valley and near Vassar College fool you. The neighborhood is pretty bleak and even quite dangerous. Main Street, which is a few block further is not safe and I would strongly advise against going to this hotel if you do not have a car, because the rod to and from the Poughkeepsie station looks really hazardous. The hotel itself is okay but the room smells quite funky. We were given a smoking room without being advertised and as the hotel was full, it was impossible to change for a non-smoking room. The TV was not working well and the first room that we had was very badly located without a window on the parking lot. Fortunately, the service is good and the personnel is quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not really 'continental' as indicated in the info. It is a quite generic buffet but at least there is a wide variety of choices. In sum, though it might be a correct hotel if you are on a quick stay to another destination, I would strongly advise against this hotel for a romantic getaway in the Hudson Valley.
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2013
Yann
"Not a very nice part of town. Very run down."
We had our bikes in the back of our SUV and were nervous to leave them there overnight. The only saving grace was finding a nice restaurant downtown. "Brasserie 292"
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Good price"
Good location, nice staff, next time i might try the pool
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Smokey"
We had to take a smoking room because Expedia will not guarantee that you will get a non-smoking room. In addition, the room cost way too much for the condition of the motel. Blankets had cigarette burns and carpet was dirty. Will not stay there again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"suprisingly bad neighborhood"
I counted 16 motorcycles in the lot on Sunday night. Not that that's a bad thing. .The staff were al very nici was expcting a little more upscale when booked close to Vassar..
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Close to Vassar College"
Overall, the hotel was nice. The front desk staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and accommodating. Although the hotel has been renovated and was very clean, it is clearly an older facility. The room had two double beds, and therefore there was not a lot of floor spaces. The room had one chair. Since there were two people in the room, it would have been nice to have two chairs. And, the bathroom was very small (similar to European bathrooms). The breakfast area was much better than the other part of the hotel. And, the breakfast (served until 11:00 a.m.) was very good. There was freash fruit, pancakes, cereal (hot and cold), danish, toast and coffee, tea, milk and juices. However, as a diabete, it would have been nice to have one or two low-carb foods (e.g., eggs, meat, etc.). Vassar College was about a 10 minute walk. I would stay at this facility again.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"We came back!"
My family had to come back to the same area a year later and I booked this hotel again without hesitation. Overall experience was pleasent: staff was friendly, breakfast was nice, gym was fine, business center was fine... we did not have any complaints.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
JF
I was very dissatisfied with the quality compared with other hotels that had similar ratings. There was a musty odor in the room, it was very dated and I didn't feel safe at all with the surrounding area.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
The faucet in the bathroom was loose. The bathroom window needed a blind or curtain. If you were undressing and the light was on in the bathroom after dark, your silhouette could be seen from outside. The room slightly smelled like mildew.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2013
K Ford
"convenient location"
About the only good thing about it.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
4 people in each room I booked. Only two large towels provided. Was told from front desk there were no more available. We had to go to the pool in order to have a towels for each person. to shower. Breakfast was good. Room was clean, but first room I entered had a terrible smell. We were moved immediately. Outside grounds looked newly renovated. Inside had most amenities. Okay for an overnight. Pool and exercise room were good.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Lynn
"Smelly"
Picked this hotel because they accept pets, however, the room smelled so badly of old urine it was hard to sleep. The shower started out hot then turned ice cold for a minute then hot again. Not a good experience.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
bathrooms were clean, pretty decent stay...I think the price should have been more in the 89.00 range but not too bad.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013