All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here536 Haight Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Comfortable hotel close to Vasser College"
Overall good experience - not too expensive, parking is easy, coffee and water are always available, location is safe and neighborhood like.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We are go happy to hear that we were a good value and in a good location! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Whitney
"Days inn"
We just needed a place to sleep so it was adequate. The room A/C never got quite cold. The rooms were smaller than I expected especially the bathroom. They were replacing the rugs so there was that new rug smell. The breakfast was good the staff were great.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Not a bad place"
They are fixing it up - new carpets, flowers etc - successfully making an effort to make it a place you'd want to return to, and yes, I'd stay there again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Mom
Property was somewhat older and not in the best shape for the rate charged. Staff provided what was needed but not anything beyond basic needs. Location was a plus. Breakfast was satisfactory for an included continental breakfast, but nothing special.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to CIA"
We stayed here two nights and it was very convenient to look at the college in Hyde Park,, Hudson Walkway, and local restaurants. The hotel was in the process of renovating. The kids were able to enjoy the pool, cookies in the evening, and use the business center to complete homework. We would stay here again.
Response by Days Inn Poughkeepsie
We are so glad the you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned we are in the process of renovating! We have just installed new carpeting in all of our guest rooms and many of the rooms have also gotten a new coat of paint! We are so proud of our new look and hope that you will come back soon!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Dirty room and surroundings, sink clogged"
Room wasn't vacuumed. There was dryer lint and trash outside the door. The clerk vacuumed for me and gave me a good recommendation on where to get a good meal.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Spend the extra $100"
The first room they gave us smelled like smoke. The baseboards was hanging off the heating system. The bathroom was the size of an extra small closet. I complained to the desk, we were move to a second room. That room was a Little better but it didn't feel relaxed at all. It fell like I was staying in a cheap motel with my children rather than a hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Vassar college
"Beware."
When we arrived at 6 p.m. we had been on the road since 4 a.m. and after visiting a college, were ready for a quiet night. AC was not on so we immediately put that on and went out for dinner. After being out an hour came back and the room was still hot. My husband called the office and immediately the manager came up and said he would call maintence. To make a long story short, they moved us to another room. The young man at the desk was extremely courteous. The next morning we were leaving and trying to pack the car. The woman at the front desk acted like she was doing us a favor opening the door for us. Needless to say, Days Inn won't see us again
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Rita
"Convenient to the locations we attending."
The hotel staff was very welcoming & we were able to check in sooner . I reserved two rooms. One of the rooms was very satisfactory and the other had a problem w/ the air conditioning unit ; not cooling. In general, the staff was very friendly.
Hel
I had to take a smoking room, as this was all that was left. I was offered a non-smoking room, now available, but already settled, so declined. Blanket on bed had holes in it, and needs to be replaced. Bathroom floor had linoleum worn thru in spots. Could not get bathroom hair dryer and outlet to work, or one of the outlets in the room. Found out from Front desk that the light switches needed to be on for the outlets to work! Could have been told that at check-in... Front desk and maid service were fine. Internet was slow, but worked. Bed was comfortable, A/C was fine. OK, just a bit run-down, but room price was reasonable, and location was main reason for choice.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Chloe
"Don't accept a smoking room"
The room reeked of smoke, was dilapidated & rug/ woodwork dirty. I'd sleep in my car before I would accept the last smoking room / never use that chain again
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
lisa
"CLose to thee location I was attending graduation"
Great stay room was clean, linens were very tidy.In a horrible section of town.Got breakfast but no where to sit so we went back to room
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Daniela
We had a great experience at the days inn. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We stayed for three nights and it served its purpose. Very close to everything we needed. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Melanie
"Great place"
Neat tidy convenient friendly staff and a pool!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Gerald
"Good in a pinch"
We had trouble with the check-in. The front desk did not have my reservation. Later they said that hotels.com did not send the reservation until after I was trying to check in. In the end it was straightened out, but still a little annoying at the time. Now to the room. It was clean and beds were comfortable, but it was very small. I'm used to a bigger room. Also, there is very little sound insulation, as we could here everything that was going on in the hallway and parking lot. If you are a light sleeper you may have trouble here. The location was convenient from where we were coming from, but was not that close to major highways going through Poughkeepsie. The lobby was clean, the parking was sufficient and the free breakfast was the standard coffee, juice, muffins, cereal and waffles. We ended up going to the Palace Diner for a more substantial meal. Overall, we were satisfied, but have had better experiences booking through hotels.com
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
John C.
"over priced"
Unsatisfied, Hotel was run down in need of major re modeling. Room smelled musty, beds were small, carpet and walls old on worn out.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Clean, quiet, affordable and conveniently located"
I was attending an early morning conference at Marist College and needed an affordable place to stay the night before.My King-sized room was fairly spacious and very clean. Yes, the room did seem a bit old but that does not bother me. The motel is about 10 min from Marist and there was a little downtown area with shops and restaurants nearby. While it's walkable to that area, I would not recommend it as this is Poughkeepsie after all. While I did not feel unsafe staying here, I could see how the area makes other reviewers feel uncomfortable. The Days Inn has a really good location and offers very affordable prices. If need to come back to the area, I would stay here again. A couple of points about the room where I can see being points of contention (none of these bothered me): (1) the heat works really, really well. I had to turn it on (lowest setting) and then turn it off in the middle of the night since the room got too hot. (2) There isn't a real closet. The area next to the bed has a cutout where you can hang clothes. If you want a real closet, probably not the place for you. (3) The way my room was set up, the desk was very close to the bed so that the chair actually blocks the path across the room. For people with mobility issues, this might be a problem.
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"Close to Vassar; No other reason to stay there"
The motel, (because that is what it really is) is close to Vassar. There is no other reason to stay there if you are not visiting Vassar. It is in a horrible location, in a very sketchy, dilapidated, neighborhood. I was afraid to leave my car in the parking lot overnight and felt very unsafe staying in a ground floor, street-side access room.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
M
"near marist"
i wanted a hotel on rte 9 near marist college. the last hotel, i kept getting lost on my way to marist. the hosts were very accommodating since my arrival date was booked as a month off. they made the adjustments for me and were very kind about heating my room and not making a big deal about the error. bathroom didn't have heat and it was probably the coldest night of the year, but i just closed the door and then my room was warm.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
patty
"Very good!"
We were happy to be staying at the Courtyard but at the same time a little disappointed. We have stayed here several times over the years and have chosen it as a winter getaway for their pool, jacuzzi and all inclusive breakfast buffet. The jacuzzi and buffet are no more. A little disappointed.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2014
"Bad experience"
Cannot adjust the temperature inside the room, During 2 days stay just once the room cleaned . very small space for eating breakfast.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"Average hotel in a quite bleak neighborhood"
As a frequent visitor to the United States, I have come to realize that neighborhoods can vary from blocks to blocks. In that case, unfortunately, the variation is quite unfortunate. Do not let the fact that the hotel is located in the magnificent Hudson valley and near Vassar College fool you. The neighborhood is pretty bleak and even quite dangerous. Main Street, which is a few block further is not safe and I would strongly advise against going to this hotel if you do not have a car, because the rod to and from the Poughkeepsie station looks really hazardous. The hotel itself is okay but the room smells quite funky. We were given a smoking room without being advertised and as the hotel was full, it was impossible to change for a non-smoking room. The TV was not working well and the first room that we had was very badly located without a window on the parking lot. Fortunately, the service is good and the personnel is quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not really 'continental' as indicated in the info. It is a quite generic buffet but at least there is a wide variety of choices. In sum, though it might be a correct hotel if you are on a quick stay to another destination, I would strongly advise against this hotel for a romantic getaway in the Hudson Valley.
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2013
Yann
"Not a very nice part of town. Very run down."
We had our bikes in the back of our SUV and were nervous to leave them there overnight. The only saving grace was finding a nice restaurant downtown. "Brasserie 292"
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Good location, nice staff, next time i might try the pool
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Jerry
"Smokey"
We had to take a smoking room because Expedia will not guarantee that you will get a non-smoking room. In addition, the room cost way too much for the condition of the motel. Blankets had cigarette burns and carpet was dirty. Will not stay there again.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"suprisingly bad neighborhood"
I counted 16 motorcycles in the lot on Sunday night. Not that that's a bad thing. .The staff were al very nici was expcting a little more upscale when booked close to Vassar..
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Close to Vassar College"
Overall, the hotel was nice. The front desk staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and accommodating. Although the hotel has been renovated and was very clean, it is clearly an older facility. The room had two double beds, and therefore there was not a lot of floor spaces. The room had one chair. Since there were two people in the room, it would have been nice to have two chairs. And, the bathroom was very small (similar to European bathrooms). The breakfast area was much better than the other part of the hotel. And, the breakfast (served until 11:00 a.m.) was very good. There was freash fruit, pancakes, cereal (hot and cold), danish, toast and coffee, tea, milk and juices. However, as a diabete, it would have been nice to have one or two low-carb foods (e.g., eggs, meat, etc.). Vassar College was about a 10 minute walk. I would stay at this facility again.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"We came back!"
My family had to come back to the same area a year later and I booked this hotel again without hesitation. Overall experience was pleasent: staff was friendly, breakfast was nice, gym was fine, business center was fine... we did not have any complaints.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
JF
I was very dissatisfied with the quality compared with other hotels that had similar ratings. There was a musty odor in the room, it was very dated and I didn't feel safe at all with the surrounding area.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
The faucet in the bathroom was loose. The bathroom window needed a blind or curtain. If you were undressing and the light was on in the bathroom after dark, your silhouette could be seen from outside. The room slightly smelled like mildew.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2013
K Ford
"convenient location"
About the only good thing about it.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
4 people in each room I booked. Only two large towels provided. Was told from front desk there were no more available. We had to go to the pool in order to have a towels for each person. to shower. Breakfast was good. Room was clean, but first room I entered had a terrible smell. We were moved immediately. Outside grounds looked newly renovated. Inside had most amenities. Okay for an overnight. Pool and exercise room were good.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Lynn
"Smelly"
Picked this hotel because they accept pets, however, the room smelled so badly of old urine it was hard to sleep. The shower started out hot then turned ice cold for a minute then hot again. Not a good experience.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
bathrooms were clean, pretty decent stay...I think the price should have been more in the 89.00 range but not too bad.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Served our needs perfectly"
We needed a budget location that was clean, in a decent neighborhood. It was exactly that with the bonus of a no frills indoor pool and a decent free breakfast (highlights: make your own waffles, fruit, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, bagels). They easily accommodated us with a cot when we added to our party. Service was friendly. I really can't complain about anything - besides the cracked lifeguard buddy - but that's just being nitpick.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Good stay"
We've had a good stay here, the room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was decent, too.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Only one problem"
Hotel staff was great. But the reviews are true....the morning coffee is cold and that is what you are going to get.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
Mitchell
Better than expected room. Pool was lacking, but not why chose this hotel.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Fairly good deal for the area."
The Days Inn is probably the best deal for Poughkeepsie if you get a good price. The hotel is safe (very important there) and clean. The staff are courteous though not overly friendly. The rooms are comfortable though a bit outdated and worn. The pool is not very well maintained but it is clean.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Beth
"Days Inn has a friendly & helpful staff."
Friendly front desk service and lovely, helpful housekeepers.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
The housekeeping staff were pleasant than front desk. The tea coffee were cold even 7 am
2 night trip Jun 24, 2013
Aneesha
"Lots of things to do around the area."
The rooms and facility were clean. Disappointed that the pool closed at 9pm. By the time my family got back to the hotel from site seeing and doing other activities the pool was closed and of course the kids were very disappointed...
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
Mom
"never again"
the room was old and run down the lights in the bathroom did not work it was a smoking room but it smelled like it hasn't been clean in months this was not the type a hotel I am use to staying will never do this again
2 night trip Jun 1, 2013
sheila
"It worked well for my purpose"
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and adequate. They are not large but we had 3 adults and it worked fine.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2013
The directions were not very well. We drove all the way down past hotel into the scary intercity!!! When we didn't have too... The rooms are outdated and not very clean. We wore our flip flops in the shower. Also, the days inn asks u to save on the environment by re-using ur sheets & towels... Sheets I could understand if staying a day or two.. But our towels.. GROSS!! Made me wonder if we had clean linens to begin with. Thank god I brought a can of Lysol to spray everything down..
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Excellent experience (except the pool)"
The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Kate (front desk) is delightful and very accommodating! My only complaint is that the "heated" pool was too cold. My 15 month old son was shivering and crying both times we went swimming and that was really the only thing we were looking forward to doing in the hotel. It was expensive but we booked last minute and it was a holiday weekend. If you don't care to use the pool OR don't mind it cold then I would highly recommend staying at this hotel because everything else was excellent!!!
2 night family trip May 25, 2013
"Adequate accommodation, close to Vassar College."
We only stayed one night, in order to visit Vassar and the Culinary Institute nearby in Hyde Park. Clean, well lighted, strictly business class accommodation. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff, gave us directions for the morning. Complimentary continental breakfast, but nothing we were interested in except coffee and juice. Overall, just the better side of ordinary.
Other trip May 24, 2013
The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The low price was a reflection of the run down neighborhood.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Quite an old hotel with minimal upgrades."
The first appearance in the lobby seemed fine but the room was very basic. It smelled of strong disinfectant, was noisey, and the bathroom was minimalistic. the star rating on Expedia was misleading it's more like a 2 star.
Other trip May 10, 2013