All hotels in Morristown, New Jersey, United States of America
1 Convent Rd, Morristown, NJ, 07960, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Pleasant 1night stay, was there for niece's graduation.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Yes!"
Impressive...great room and very cool bar and restaurant..will stay there every trip to NJ !!
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"NJ and the Burbs"
The location of this hotel is exceptional. Restaurants on premise or nearby; train station into NYC within a short walk; ample free parking; courtesy breakfast and tea snacks; safe at the desk; quiet rooms even though there were multiple celebrations going on.
4 night trip with friends May 6, 2015
"A great experience"
The room was quiet, very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was delightful and varied menu items. Parking was excellent and convenient. Enjoyed the free newspaper delivery at our door. Convenient location to our relatives, easy access to local roadways. Had a very pleasant stay.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"attitude matters"
It was great, except the attidude of young front dek staff
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Madison Hotel is Great!"
Great hotel with charm in nice location. Restaurants with great ambiance on premises (Two-story dining with giant chandeliers and balconies,train car dining and beautiful conservatory). Train to NYC in parking lot. Nice pool and beautiful lobby with comp breakfast. Excellent value for any price.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2015
Kathryn
"Mad. For Madison"
Great location.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"dissapointed"
It took ten minutes with no one else on line to get my access cards. The people were very nice but the hotel itself had a musty smell to it. It's a cute, rustic look with a nice steakhouse next door, but I think the room accomadations were subpar over all for the money. I wouldn't go back unless I had to. There are other hotels that give you more for the same Price.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Phillip
"WASP in a Good Way !"
Very nice place. Great "continental" bkfst also….. Like their Pub and of course Rod's. Overall A+
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
the hotel is lovely and the staff was very helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Robin
"Elegance & comfort all in the same place"
We enjoyed our stay-hotel was clean and attractive, staff was pleasant and attentive. We never had the time to enjoy the pool, but we'd stay there again and try to relax a little more and enjoy more of the amenities on our next trip!
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Lovely old mansion like hotel"
An anniversary over night. Great room until very early in the morning when the trains began and it became quite noisy. The front desk knew we were leaving so did the next best thing and offered another night in a quieter room. Very impressive!
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"Convenient for business travel."
The room felt very small. There were not enough outlets/mirror convenient so that one person could be getting ready while the other was in the shower, etc. The service at the both the tavern and the restaurant needed some improvement. Wait times at both for service were way too long. The shuttle service was nice, but we were advised when we checked in we could just call for return service in the afternoons. This caused them sending a vehicle too small to accommodate all of us and therefore we had an extended wait time as the driver had to go back to the hotel & pick up the larger shuttle vs. the small sedan service.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"Stayed for a College Tour at Drew University"
Nice hotel and location. After checking in we realized there were at least 3 little kids in the room next door and we had a connecting door between the rooms. We did not want to risk too much noise or crying at night so we requested a room change. The hotel staff was very accommodating and gave us another room on another floor with no door connecting to another room. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. We at at the Red Dog pub in the hotel and all 3 of us enjoyed our appetizer and dinners. Our waiter provided excellent service. The complementary continental breakfast had a big selection and the food and coffee was good. Free USA Today paper at desk. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. It was 5 minutes from Drew University. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if I need accommodations in the area.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Lee
"Kept up well!"
We go up for conventions a couple of times a year and this is the first time we did this place. The architecture is very nice and the hotel is kept up well. They had coffee and tea available at all hours for overnight guests and I saw a few pads for people to work on in the lobby besides the standard couple of computers for their office section. Large lobby with multiple sitting areas. Continental breakfast was okay--the croissants were real good. Would recommend.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Riding on its rep"
The Madison has seen better days. Th facility appeared shabby and worn out; definitely in need of a major refreshing. Also, smoking is permitted - what's with that?
3 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great staff"
Last minute reservation the staff all pitched in to make it work
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
philip
"Nice hotel in north central NJ"
Convenient access to train to NYC. Good Service. Comfortable room. View from my room was of a brick wall. But most other rooms had a reasonable view. Free continental breakfast was very nice. Room service prices were very high.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Enjoyable getaway and convenient to Mayo performing arts center. We will definitely come back!
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Pamela
Great experience would book again comfortable room and good breakfast
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Just a large event hotel ..."
This is not a historic hotel, although it has a few historic trappings. It was built in the 1950s. It seems largely geared towards conferences and weddings. When we went there was a large wedding and although we had a top floor room we could hear the music pounding well into the night. The breakfast is what you would get at any Hampton Inn - grocery store bagels, hard boiled eggs, etc. I cannot fathom why people rave about the place.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
nj visitor
"Stayed two weekends"
First time had a bunch of college kids running from room to room. Hotel said that was common. Second time given a room with king size bed after requesting two doubles to accommodate my wife and I and first grade son. Told there was nothing they could do not even offering a cot.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
tom
"Stayed there several times in the past. Very nice."
Hotel appears to continue to keep up with fairly high standards. Particularly nice that Rod's is adjacent. Travel a lot and, for both consistency and top-tier status, usually stay at a Hilton property. The Madison Hotel is a welcome respite from the cookie-cutter (albeit reasonably nice) Hilton experience. Always impressed with the lobby/lounge. Have stayed there during the Christmas season and it is beautiful. So relaxing always. Moreover, as continental breakfast go, Madison Hotel's is at the upper end of the scale.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Wayne
"Hotel Reception mistake"
I left 60 dollars deposit for one night. The person at next day reception, told me the Hotel got 50 dollars and not 60, and only gave me 50 dollars back. I knew they were wrong. Ten dollars could not be a lot of money but the attitude of the receptionist was negative. I did not have time to complaining, so I just left.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Renoca
Wonderful stay. Clean room and clean overall. Staff was awesome. Quiet.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"nice classic looking hotel."
Would recommend it to friends, Hotel was nice with a classic traditional hotel style. Has two attached restaurants that have good food. Hotel was clean, neat, and staff was professional
"Very acceptable"
Very nice and helpful staff, nice pool area and small workout facility. I stayed 2 nights on a business trip and for some reason my room didn't get cleaned while I was gone. It may have been due to a change in my itinerary, either way I didn't mind. The hotel could use updating but it was still very comfortable
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
tad
"Beautiful hotel with nice ammenities"
Beautiful "Boardwalk Empire" style deco, with Eonderful amenities and friendly staff
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Needs some work but could be a nice stay"
The hotel is very busy with weddings and drunks screaming in the halls. There was water leaking from the roof in the hall in front of my room. I guess with an old building it happens. The staff was nice and accommodating. The hotel is very pretty and my kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was a plus.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"A rare treat in travel"
The Madison never disappoints. We discovered this hotel 3 years ago and while there are some nice hotels in the area, they have become our go to place when we travel to Morristown. I can't think of another hotel I've been to where the lobby fills up with people sitting, taking in the charming setting and enjoying their complimentary breakfast. It's an amazing snapshot of our stay; comfortable, relaxed, friendly, warm and filled with charm. The rooms are great; comfortable, a little larger than normal, with little comfortable extras at every turn. The lounges and restaurants are top notch and always a treat. If you can't tell, I really like this place.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Sisters rendez vous"
It was a get together with my sister from NY. We worked out in the fitness center, took a dip in the hot tub, had dinner in the tavern and danced to the band music Had a lot of laughs. Continental breakfast the next day What more could we want!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
patricia
We have stayed here many times and will likely stay here again. In general the hotel is clean, food service is good and the price is very competitive for the area. The kids also love the year round pool. My only real complaint was the breakfast buffet. No one cleans up the few tables that are available so you find yourself cleaning up after the people before you. While the buffet was staffed by two women, neither spoke any English and neither did anything to clean up tables for people who were waiting .
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great weekend away at the Madison Hotel"
I needed a weekend away just for myself, and this was the perfect hotel for that. They have great facilities if you want to use them, and I loved the look of the hotel- high class, yet comfortable. The staff was super helpful and very friendly, and the hotel wifi worked great. I would absolutely stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"Beautiful and price reasonable!"
It was beautiful! Friendly service!
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice hotel very cozy!"
Had a great dinner at red dog. Just a night away to un wind.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great staying!"
I really like the shower!!
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Daniela
"Family visit"
Everything was grear.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Francis
"Great Experience"
Went to Morristown this weekend for my birthday with my girlfriend. She had mentioned to the front desk that it was my birthday and later on that night when we came back to to room they left a card and a cake with a candle in it for me! I've never seen or heard of that before. The staff was very helpful and kind! They arranged a shuttle service for us to take into the center of Morristown before we even showed up. Rooms were clean, nice amenities, beautiful hotel. All in all had a great experience at The Madison Hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Nice looking, not the friendliest staff"
First impressions of the hotel were quite nice in its look and staff. The front desk people were great at check-in and provided great answers to our questions about the area. Everything in the hotel was very clean and tidy. Additionally when we got to our room things were very clean. The only downside were that the beds were small although to be expected since it does state 2 twin size beds. Unfortunately the late night staff and the staff the next morning were not so friendly. The cleaning staff also were quite rude. We also tried to grab a late night drink since we were told the bar would be open until 1:45 but closed there doors at 12:20. The next day the included breakfast was very appetizing. Overall the impressions of the hotel were great just the staff could use an improvement in there attitude.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Adam
"Almost soundproof walls!"
We had freaky Valentine's Day relations. The bed was phenomenal as well as stable.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"A very nice Valentine's Day get-away, lovely hotel"
Did a romantic Valentine's weekend at the Madison, including dinner at Rod's Steakhouse. I give the stay almost a 9 on a 1-10 scale. The place is very nice, easy to get to, with a very nice staff. The only problem I had was the very outdated tube TV, and staff's failure to police the pool area (not a big deal, but kids were a bit unruly, diving (it's a 7' deep pool, not very big, but not too small either)), plus very young kids in the hot tub (with parent though). Would have been nice if the "no diving" were enforced, at least. The food was very good, though we were crammed into the corner of what appeared to be a "spare room" at Rod's, just 5-6 tables, the temporary kind. Pricey for sure, but the atmosphere could have been better. Our room's heater fan was VERY noisy. It was so hot in there to begin with, that we wound up opening the window a crack (it was 10 outside) just to get some fresh air.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Happy Camper"
Excellent. Planning to come back. Only complaint was for the loudness of the heating unit
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Angel
"Wonderful Comfortable Stay"
My husband I spent Valentine's Day at this hotel. Entire stay was exceptional. Front desk staff was efficient. Rooms are clean an beds are comfortable.
"nice hotel."
The ceiling in my room could use a little repair work but other than that, my stay was excellent.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Good Stay but..."
Stay was good however Hotel is in the process of re-doing the rooms so some of the rooms could use some updating. Also because of this one or two random days each month you apparently can only checkout but not check into the hotel very strange.
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great last minute find!"
Great last minute find. Not right in the middle of Morristown but close enough. Would definitely go back!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
This is a great hotel in Morristown with onsite dining and bars. We particularly enjoyed the comfort of the bed in our room, the coffee maker in the room, and the continental breakfast in the lobby in the morning.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Anne
"old."
for how much money they want to stay here it is extremely outdated and smelled like bleach and ocean beach type smell in all the rooms. There was a big group of us. Not pleasant. I usually like all my hotels. Not this one
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
""charming" large older hotel"
The hotel is an old "charming" (for a larger size hotel) hotel that is a nice change from all the standard chain hotels. The restaurants that are part of the hotel are very good and convenient. The air filters in my room needed changed, I didn't sleep well because of the air. Otherwise, very nice!
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015