All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
5906 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OH, 44870, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.9
    2.7
"Very good"
We were very pleased wih everything! Bobbi greeted us and was wonderful! She showed us a few rooms so we could pick which room would work for our needs! Our room had a new mattress and carpet and was very clean. When we ran out of towels new ones arrived within 10 mintues. The only thing negative is that the breakfast food runs out by 9:00. When we went to get some it was gone. Other than that it is a great place to stay while visiting cedar point.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
"Very outdated"
I asked for two beds ended up with one full size. Asked for non smoking. It smelled like someone had just smoked. Very outdated. Old furniture. Curtains were very old. Very loud outside. And someone tried to get into room. Did not feel safe.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Jenny
"Just dont"
Stay away...i was kept awake by the snoring in the room next door
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"out dated hotel"
This hotel needs renovated bad
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Travelodge in Sandusky Ohio"
Uncomfortable beds, rude staff, room key that didn't work, toilet that didn't flush properly, electrical plugs that wouldn't hold plugs, old TV with poor reception, no parking available and told to park in a handicapped spot and BUGS! Ew. I would expect more for $129 a night.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Nick
"Too expensive for what it is"
Second night there neither one of our key cards would work so had to go to the front desk and get new cards to get back into our room. Don't know why or what happened. It was OK but too expensive for a room that doesn't even have a refrigerator or microwave. Don't like having to use an ice machine.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Better than I expected"
I had to make a last minute change in my travel plans, so the very night before, the only available hotel room under $125 was travel lodge. I had previously passed it over based on the on-line reviews and was very dismayed and leary. Evidently, new management, new employees or a pay raise incentive is now in place. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, the room was ready early for check-in, and upon close inspection, very clean, tidy and attention to detail... (Soaps n mini shampoos folded pretty in a wash cloth and more). I didn't need fridge or coffee pot etc in my room... Continental provided... So, it wasn't elaborate. And, not headed to cedar point, I was glad it wasn't terribly close and entangled with tourist traffic. Although close to all dining and shopping, gas etc, on rt. 250. Exactly what I needed, nothing less nothing more... For a great price. Oh, and 8 crisp FLUFFY pillows to make sleep a joy. Keep up the good work! I'd go again.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Deb
"Close enough to cedar point. Cheap. Beds a bit sma"
It was a good stay. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. Rooms were clean and had a safe. The beds were a bit too small dispute being advertised as queens.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Eli
"Did the job affordably"
Took a chance with the middle ranged mixed reviews. It lived up to my expectations. Stayed 2 nights joining rooms. Affordable last min rate
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
MCPW
"Room wasn't what I expected for the price"
Wanted nonsmoking room, got smoking rooms. Horrible smell!!!! I would've expected to pay $49-$79 for this room, not $209. The 'continental breakfast' was about what I expected after the night stay experience-only mini muffins, pastry and English muffins. Definitely didn't get what we paid for here!
GR
"Lots of fun."
Everything was really great. Room was spotless and they brought us plenty of towels. The WiFi did not work though.
2 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014
Shelby
We stayed at Travelodge in 2013. The room that we had was decent so we decided to stay there this year. Price and location was good. The room that we had this year was not thoroughly cleaned from previous people's stay. We found several items belonging to others. The room did not smell fresh. When we turned on the heat there was a terrible smell. I had to turn it off. The bathroom wasn't clean. It smelled of urine and when we returned to our room for the day there was a puddle of water in there. Only one bed had been made. The other one was partially made. I will give the staff credit for being friendly. We will not return there.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
"Low price hotel for night stay"
We didn't want to drive home from cedar point so we stayed the night here ... served it purpose hot shower and a bed ...
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"satisified :-)"
We enjoyed our stay, it wasn't far from cedar point, very convient located next to a speedway. Our rooms were very clean, a bit dated but other than that the price was great and we were able to book the day before our arrival. We would definatly stay here again and the staff was very friendly. We were also able t o check in very early which made things alot easier...actually thinking about going back for halloweekends :-)
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Close to cedar point and stores"
I love the pool.... they way to get there. Family place .
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
westcoast
"Cedar Point"
Cleanliness of bathroom!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Herndon Family
Air conditioner not functioning well, 2" gap at bottom of door to the room, so-called "continental breakfast" was not breakfast - tiny pastries and English muffins is not even close to comparable to other hotels. I had to take my son elsewhere to eat a healthy breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
I was pretty much satisfied with everything except the breakfast bar. I think you could at least serve regular donuts and milk or other drinks.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Ok"
Ok place for the price Room was good sz but bathrm was small n could have been cleaner. Stains on towels. Staff was friendly. Not really bad for budget hotel.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Nope."
My fiancé and I thought the pictures made it look decent. When we arrived, there were people partying a few doors down, we had an adjoining room which we did not ask for, and the room was minimally cleaned. The lights were very dim and the door to our room could've easily been opened due to how loose it was. We were very uncomfortable and ended up with a different hotel.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Terrible Breakfast, Close to Cedar Point"
The location was great, but advertising this place as having free breakfast is a joke. I've stayed at other Travelodges and they've all had oatmeal, peanut butter, juice, etc. This place had English muffins with orange marmalade (weird to be the only flavor offered), and banana mini muffins (again, weird as the only option). That was IT. We ended up having to pay for breakfast out both days, which negated our reason for staying there in the first place - we could have found a nicer place for the same price w/o breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
Ashley
"Good service"
Hotel was run down but staff was very kind
7 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2014
Ronniet
"Happy customer!"
Friendly staff, shopping mall and restaurants nearby. Pleasant experience.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Vanessa M
"hotel staff very friendly"
We had a nice stay. Hotel staff were very friendly. Room nice, bed was great and plenty of hot water
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Use if it's last resort"
Had to call desk to turn ac on . And call the desk and police for a huge group in the parking lot partying playing load music at 1 am . Also the sinks water wasn't working . And needs a good cleaning lots of spiders and webs around the chairs.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Will not stay here again"
Building very old not impressed and was disappointed upon arrival. Staff came walking out of a room to check us in ...acting very weird. Parking very limited. Hallway light on second floor was never on outside if our door. Room was very outdated (red carpet, blue comforter and couch, tube style TV). The jetted tub was extremely dirty and jets clogged with scum. Took us an hour to clean ourselves. Breakfast was in the lobby that was extremely small and only provided seating for 8 people. Room had ants and centipedes in it. When staff was informed they just laughed....never offered us another room, a discounted price on current stay or next stay. Highly disappointed with the experience especially given the price we paid for the room. We will be finding another hotel next time we visit Cedar Point. Do not waste your money on this hotel. Pay the few extra bucks a night and stay across the street at comfort inn or best western.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Sleeping on a rock"
The bed was as hard as a rock. The TV was ancient. Exhaust fan didn't work in the bathroom. No Microwave in the room. Will not sleep here again!!!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Never again"
Just plain uncomfortable and old smelling and unpresentable
"Never again"
Just plain uncomfortable and old smelling and unpresentable
"Acceptable"
Acceptable room, only issue was the bathtub had dark spots.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
not the best place I've stayed but not the worst either. Its close to cedar point. I felt safe. It was the best price I could find.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
"Close to cedar point"
Lady at the front desk was nice, although my friends has problems with the front desk. It is a cheap hotel to stay near cedar point, not too far of a drive. The condition of the hotel definitely can be improved, but I usually have no problem as long as the bed and bathroom is clean. The only thing I didn't like is the towels that are provided, they were dirty. I would recommend the hotel as long as you bring your own towels.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
Swing T.
"Nice hotel close to most of the attractions"
Good hotel we were just staying one night after a day at Cedar Point but a good experience overall
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Close to Fazolis and the mall"
It was okay for the price.... the girl behind desk not the greatest worker and the women/manager who was watching her every move made us feel uncomfortable!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Reasonable"
Stay was what it was meant for; one night, and then off to the park. Short of staff-and the breakfast was not really what I call continental. Overall it was OK. For a quick overnight, it was a convieniance and worth the money for that time frame...
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Continental Breakfast"
This is not a hotel it's a MOTEL. I liked the fact that my car was right outside the door in case we needed something out of it. The room was neat and clean, just really outdated. It was fine for sleeping after Cedar Point. I would have rather picked and paid a little more to go somewhere else. This would have been good for an emergency stop or for truck drivers. The pool was outside, ok but too cold to swim that day. I was very disappointed in the free breakfast. It lasted only until 9am. Other places we stayed at lasted until 10am. We woke up late (that's our fault) but we were tired from the amusement park all the previous day. We got to the lobby and there was no food left! The coffee was like tea water. We had to go down the street and pay $30.00 to eat at Friendly's. I'd rather have paid a few dollars more and just got a HOTEL with a better breakfast that had food left and it was til 10am and indoor heated pool. This was not fun for the kids. We don't go to hotels but only once a year and this was supposed to be special. This place wasn't special at all.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Renee
"Close to Cedar Point"
Close to Cedar Point, pleasant experience. The bedding needs updated, burn holes despite being a non-smoking room. Bathroom needs a fan.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Gin
"good"
We were looking for a cheap hotel after a day at cedar point and this was a bargain. We had stayed in 2 other places the nights prior and both were more expensive and not as well maintained. The room was small but clean and met our needs well. For the price it was great. I will return here on my next trip to the area if the prices stay so low.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
andrew
"Sandusky Hotel"
The hotel is very close to Cedar Point and the price was low.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"good hotel"
Just what we were looking for
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
dad
"Decent hotel near Cedar Point and other activities"
We checked in late after a busy day at Cedar Point. The rooms were ready and clean. Hotel staff was pleasant and check-in was quick and efficient. Rooms do smell a little musty but nothing a little febreze didn't resolve. This is not a five star hotel but it also wasn't $300.00 per night. If you are looking for a fairly priced hotel than this is the place for you.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
peggy
"Pain"
The lady at the front desk was nice, but the room had a musty smell and the parking lot is very small and worse of all the beds are VERY HARD, I ran into another guest who felt the same way. Not worth what we paid. Live and learn.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
This place really needs upgrades. I paid for the location which was very convenient for all local events, Cedar Point and stores. This not the place for looks at all and the pool was a mess my kids were fearful of catching something. Overall they need to bring down the price.
3 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2013
The 2.7 review average did not give the hotel it's just due. We were very satisfied with our rooms and convenience to our surrounding locations for travel. Rooms, halls, grounds and pool areas were all very clean. Light continental breakfast was okay with us. If we wanted more we could go someplace and pay for it and not in our room rate. Room rates were very reasonable. Enjoyed our 3 day stay.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Pat W
"Overpriced and unclean"
First, the hotel was very overpriced for what we received. The pool when we arrived was at least a foot below normal water level. The room was dirty (hair in the corner of the bathroom, a pill left on the floor near the wastebasket in the bathroom, carpet needed cleaning, etc. Only redeeming value was that it was fairly close to Cedar Point. Very, very disappointed.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"ok"
it was okay. only was there a short period of time.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Was close to Cedar Point. Had many places to eat ."
There was 5 of us staying in two rooms. The first room had a bad smell and the second one had terrible mattresses. The phone didn't work and the tv not much better. The cleaning wasn't bad, but if they cleaned better it would appear much nicer. The windows for sure needed to be cleaned. It was exactly what I expected for what I was paying.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"close to cedar pt"
Staff needs to take a look @ the reservation little more and learn how to count for linens.
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
For the price it was ok. The biggest complaint I had was the pillows were almost nothing, and you only got two per bed. Most places, even cheaper ones, have smaller ones but 2, on the bed. If they would have been a little thicker they would have been ok.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2013