All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here5906 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OH, 44870, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8
    2.7
    2.6
"Close to Fazolis and the mall"
It was okay for the price.... the girl behind desk not the greatest worker and the women/manager who was watching her every move made us feel uncomfortable!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Reasonable"
Stay was what it was meant for; one night, and then off to the park. Short of staff-and the breakfast was not really what I call continental. Overall it was OK. For a quick overnight, it was a convieniance and worth the money for that time frame...
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Continental Breakfast"
This is not a hotel it's a MOTEL. I liked the fact that my car was right outside the door in case we needed something out of it. The room was neat and clean, just really outdated. It was fine for sleeping after Cedar Point. I would have rather picked and paid a little more to go somewhere else. This would have been good for an emergency stop or for truck drivers. The pool was outside, ok but too cold to swim that day. I was very disappointed in the free breakfast. It lasted only until 9am. Other places we stayed at lasted until 10am. We woke up late (that's our fault) but we were tired from the amusement park all the previous day. We got to the lobby and there was no food left! The coffee was like tea water. We had to go down the street and pay $30.00 to eat at Friendly's. I'd rather have paid a few dollars more and just got a HOTEL with a better breakfast that had food left and it was til 10am and indoor heated pool. This was not fun for the kids. We don't go to hotels but only once a year and this was supposed to be special. This place wasn't special at all.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Renee
"Close to Cedar Point"
Close to Cedar Point, pleasant experience. The bedding needs updated, burn holes despite being a non-smoking room. Bathroom needs a fan.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Gin
"good"
We were looking for a cheap hotel after a day at cedar point and this was a bargain. We had stayed in 2 other places the nights prior and both were more expensive and not as well maintained. The room was small but clean and met our needs well. For the price it was great. I will return here on my next trip to the area if the prices stay so low.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
andrew
"Sandusky Hotel"
The hotel is very close to Cedar Point and the price was low.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"good hotel"
Just what we were looking for
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
dad
"Decent hotel near Cedar Point and other activities"
We checked in late after a busy day at Cedar Point. The rooms were ready and clean. Hotel staff was pleasant and check-in was quick and efficient. Rooms do smell a little musty but nothing a little febreze didn't resolve. This is not a five star hotel but it also wasn't $300.00 per night. If you are looking for a fairly priced hotel than this is the place for you.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
peggy
"Pain"
The lady at the front desk was nice, but the room had a musty smell and the parking lot is very small and worse of all the beds are VERY HARD, I ran into another guest who felt the same way. Not worth what we paid. Live and learn.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
This place really needs upgrades. I paid for the location which was very convenient for all local events, Cedar Point and stores. This not the place for looks at all and the pool was a mess my kids were fearful of catching something. Overall they need to bring down the price.
3 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2013
The 2.7 review average did not give the hotel it's just due. We were very satisfied with our rooms and convenience to our surrounding locations for travel. Rooms, halls, grounds and pool areas were all very clean. Light continental breakfast was okay with us. If we wanted more we could go someplace and pay for it and not in our room rate. Room rates were very reasonable. Enjoyed our 3 day stay.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Pat W
"Overpriced and unclean"
First, the hotel was very overpriced for what we received. The pool when we arrived was at least a foot below normal water level. The room was dirty (hair in the corner of the bathroom, a pill left on the floor near the wastebasket in the bathroom, carpet needed cleaning, etc. Only redeeming value was that it was fairly close to Cedar Point. Very, very disappointed.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"ok"
it was okay. only was there a short period of time.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Was close to Cedar Point. Had many places to eat ."
There was 5 of us staying in two rooms. The first room had a bad smell and the second one had terrible mattresses. The phone didn't work and the tv not much better. The cleaning wasn't bad, but if they cleaned better it would appear much nicer. The windows for sure needed to be cleaned. It was exactly what I expected for what I was paying.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"close to cedar pt"
Staff needs to take a look @ the reservation little more and learn how to count for linens.
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
For the price it was ok. The biggest complaint I had was the pillows were almost nothing, and you only got two per bed. Most places, even cheaper ones, have smaller ones but 2, on the bed. If they would have been a little thicker they would have been ok.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
"Great hotel for the price"
I thought it was great for the price. The rooms smelled a little musty and there appeared to be some growth on the ceiling of the shower area. Continental breakfast was simple having English muffins or danishes. But it was inexpensive and perfect for us. We were hardly there much, but to sleep and go back to Cedar Point --so it was great!
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Tammy
"Travelodge review"
As some of the other reviews stated, the room did smell musty when we walked in.We had some spray deodarent that we sprayed lightly around the room-mostly on the rug. We also had a sock on the rug.I picked it up thinking it was my son's,but it wasn't-ewwww! I noticed another reviewer wrote something about an article of clothing left in their room.Maybe it's done on purpose-maybe for good luck :). It wasn't hidden either-it was right in the middle of the rug near the door.They couldn't have missed it when they were cleaning.We stayed 2 nights and the 2nd evening the room smelled fine.There were no bugs and everything looked clean.I always bring antibacterial wipes with me anyway to wipe door knobs,remote control-anything that people touch a lot(I'm really not neurotic about it).We didn't swim, but there were people swimming and the pool looked fine. Breakfast was adequate.There were english muffins and a toaster to cook them.Boxed pastries and mini muffins. Coffee,juice,tea.It was enough to get us going for the day.Staff was pleasant and helpful.We only used the motel to sleep at, so it was adequate for our needs.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Denise
"Room for improvement"
The breakfast consisted of English muffins and Danishes plus coffee and juice. There was NOTHING else, not even fruit. Non smokers will be huffing and puffing as they lug their luggage upstairs with no elevator – the downstairs is all smoking. The staff was friendly. The water pressure is nonexistent so the shower was more like a trickle. The internet connection was intermittent, at best, with frequent and regular outages. Each website page had to be loaded again and again (at least 3 times for it to appear).
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Hotel near cedar point, good price"
I chose this hotel because it was cheap and near cedar point, well I didn't have high expectations but I did expect to have a clean room, and not worry about getting sick. There was mold in the bathroom that was visable and the whole room had a VERY strong odor of mold and mildew, as the night went on I was getting more fearful of what it could be doing to my children sleeping and breathing it in. I decided there was no way we were staying a second night I didn't even want to stay the reat of the night! The tv didn't work either but that was a very minor detail compared to the issue at hand. AWFUL EXPERIENCE ! We moved to the hotel next door it was actually cheaper and didn't smell or endanger our health and as a bonus the tv worked!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
aubry
"cheap hotel"
beds are rock hard! other than that, it served its perpose.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
We enjoyed the hotel. The rooms could use an update on the comfortors and bedding. They were not very comfortable, crunchy and old. Other than that everything was great.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
"Below Average"
This was a below average experience. I am not one to complain about hotel conditions as I try to avoid confrontation with those who have access to my personal belongings while I am away so therefore I did not mention any condition issues to hotel management. The cleanliness was sub-par with hand prints on the walls, half-used shampoo and conditioner amenities along with food morsels left on the floor. There was no alarm clock, no coffee pot and a dysfunctional ice machine. All of which were said to be provided in full operation. Disappointed.
2 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2013
"Our hotel"
The outside of the building could use a lot of updating, as many parts look old and un kept. Our room was clean and neat. Things were quiet. The continental breakfast was lacking choices and that could be fixed without much cost or effort.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
We checked in on Friday and found hair in bathroom. So they changed our room. Then the next room tv didn't work. Once we got into the third room we put our dnd on the door and housekeeping came in our room anyway. Very displeased will NEVER stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Great Value and Location"
For the price we paid - we have nothing to complain about. The TV didn't work in the room we were assigned so they moved us to another. It was very clean, the pool was nice after a long day at the park - the only complaint I would have is the pillows - there is nothing to them. The front desk staff was polite and courteous - it was a nice stay.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Travelodge"
We stayed here one night, Friday to go to Cedar Point. We were barely in the room since it is as t Milan Rd. and we wete enjoying the day out. Overally, great place, very clean and quiet.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
yani
"Basic Lodging Close to Cedar Point"
The room was comfortable, two double beds, sufficient bathroom, and less than 15 minutes to Cedar Point. No refrigerator in the room, and the continental breakfast is just an English muffin, jelly, and coffee. We did not try the outdoor pool. The room was definitely non-smoking with no allergy inducing cleaning odors either.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
Lana
"Good room, Breakfast is pointless"
I liked the room: very clean, good bedroom and bathtub.... They have free breakfast but it is like nothing... they have cheap cookies and orange juice from concentrate....they could include boiled eggs for goodness sake...
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
nik
"good stay,clean the pool."
Everything Was Good,But ThE PooL In Some Need Of Cleaning.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2013
"Price was right - but not much else was"
Rooms smelled incredibly musty. Desk staff failed to turn on AC units in rooms, so we spent an uncomfortable night before getting to the bottom of the problem the next day. The continental breakfast was a plate of english muffins and one of danish. Wifi did not work during rainstorms.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
"terrible service"
My family got there checked in got room.wasn't even cleaned blackets towels trash dirty tables went down told front desk .she sai d o I will tell maids no appalgee.came back from cedar point still dirty room.it was.my worst stay ever. Thanks for a bad night
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
mike
"Adequate"
The sink drained slowly and the air conditioning unit had a peculiar, sporatic noise. There was stale smoke smell in the hallway possibly due to the mix of smoking and nonsmoking rooms on the same floor.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Lou
"Not a bad place to sleep"
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The "continential" breakfast was meager at best. It lacked fresh fruit and the coffee was not kept full.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
John B
rooms were stinky. pool not clean. if you have an outdoor pool and we went for that reason, it should be clean.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
"over night stay"
We stayed here just for the night before heading to cedar point. I was skeptical, but overall it was a good experience. The room was very clean and nice. The staff were great and pleasant. The only downside were the walls. They are paper thin and it was hard for me to sleep only because we had noisy neighbors on either side of us. other than that i had a good experience
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"cedar point"
had 2 rooms with 8 people and only 4 bath towels!! asked for 4 more and didn't get them. room should have been available at 3 pm but wasn't ready until 5:(
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"You pay for what you get"
The room Sucked, bedding and linens were gross, decor of the room was early eighties, bathroom was all rusted and mildrewy. Never will stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Unhappy with TravelLodge
"DIRT!"
The first room they put us in was musty n moldy smelling couldn't stay in BC my son has alleges. So they put us in 2 different rooms no extra charge so that was great but the room my husband n I had was DIRTY! Pulled the blankets back n the sheets where dirty with blood stains, dirt, n hair on them along with the pillows where dirty n stained. They tried making things right but there is no reason for that. Will never stay there again. We heard all the guest that where there saying how bad it was.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
Becky
"travel lodge sandusky"
Only gave 1 set of towels, there was a huge "closet" taking up most of the space in my room, that I had no access to because it was locked. The breakfast wasn't even a breakfast in my opinion. The pillows were small I had to go to the front desk and ask for another one, in doing so I had to wait 20 mins for them to hunt one down.
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
darren
"Don't stay!"
No hot water. Told housekeeping and front desk but they just shrugged shoulders.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
our non smoking room had a terrible musty odor, We arrived about 11p after a full day at Cedar Point, We were exhausted. The guests in the room next to us were talking loudly not yeling and we could hear everyword they were saying. We were not very pleased at all with our stay
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Worst place I have ever stayed"
Overall the Travelodge in Sandusky, Ohio was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. After I get checked in to my room I walked to the room, and instantly thought this was going to be horrible. The room was very musty smelling, the plumbing sucked, and the towel that I used after I took a shower had hair in it. Not to mention you can hear every shower running around you. I ended up staying with a friend who booked at the Comfort Inn across the street, because I could not fall asleep in this room. When I checked out the lady at the desk asked me wlhow my stay was I told everything that was wrong and her only explination was that they open seasonaly. I wish I could my money back because that, was just terrible. If you are looking for a place to stay in Sandusky, OH I do not recommend the Travelodge
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
Terry
"Great family hotel"
Not a luxury hotel; but very family priced. Since you will spend most of your time away from the hotel it offers everything a family requires at an affordable price. Staff all very friendly and helpful. VERY CLEAN which is a big plus. Close to everything.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"disappointing!"
We spent the day at Cedar Point for Halloweekends, and the park was open until Midnight, so we had a very late check in. There were 4 children and 2 adults in our room, and we were thrilled to find a hotel that could accomodate us all with 3 double beds. However...the room next door was throwing a VERY LOUD party, and using racist, disgusting language. We tried to turn on the TV, so the children could try to sleep, and we went downstairs to talk to the manager to see if we could switch rooms...which we were told NO. The party was going on in the room directly above the check in desk, so the manager was well aware of the situation. We ended up leaving the hotel at 4am because they would neither move us to another room, or ask the party room to quiet down. I would NOT recommend staying here...Very disappointed in the management!
Other trip Oct 16, 2012
Heidi
"Perfect"
Close to Cedar Point, quiet, clean and priced right. what more can you ask for. I checked in about midnight and the desk attendant was very nice, on check out too. I just love a great customer service experience!!
Family trip Sep 20, 2012
Angela P
"close"
was ok just slept
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
allison
"close to all things around"
it was nice and staff was friendly but the room had a musty smell when we first arrived but other than that it was a nice reasonable place to stay with convient stores and restaurants close by. very close to everything we were vacationing for
Family trip Sep 7, 2012
guest
"Never again"
The 2 rooms were not clean. The service was terrible. No manager on site for the 2 days spent. Would never go there again
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
"just enough"
price was right considering the proximity to highway and local attractions.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012