All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
8247 Ne Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 97220, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.9
Very clean & comfortable. My son enjoyed the pool. Plenty of dinner choices close by. Would prefer hotel with elevator, but the price was very reasonable and the airport shuttle was prompt. Wish breakfast included eggs, but it was fine.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Location is great. Easy access to main highways & attractions. Rooms were clean & staff very friendly & helpful.
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
BRUCE
"Typical Howard Johnson Motel"
Typical lower level motel. No frills, typical cold breakfast, but the rooms were clean.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Victor
"Good Place to stay when leaving Portland."
Pleasant Staff. Nice breakfast. Good Room. Great place to stay when flying out of Portland airport. Shuttle available.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"it was just fine"
The room was comfortable. It was a good value for what we needed.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Would not stay there again"
I was here to visit for 2 nights. I was unaware of there not being a elevator and had to carry my large bag up to the 3rd floor. The location was close to airport, but that was about it. I don't pick a hotel to pieces over little things. What matters to me is the comfort of the bed which this one was very uncomfortable. The price for what I get which this should have cost less. The two things I can say good was the front desk was accommodating when I locked myself out of the room and the breakfast was good.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2015
VICKIE
"Not upscale but clean"
The hotel was old but clean and comfortable for what I needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was close to the max. I would stay there again.
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Cheryl
"So so"
Everything was fair, laundry room was filthy, otherwise OK.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
Ronnie
"ok hotel near great traditonal diner"
We have stayed here several times in the past. The hotel is nothing fancy but is very close to the airport minus the noise usually associated with an airport hotel. The neighborhood is sketchy but cars seem to be safe here. The real value of this location is an outstanding small diner (Cameo) 1/2 block away that serves great meals all day long.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Will
"Took a quick nap here after flying into town"
One night stay after flying in for vacation. Interesting set up of a hotel. Room was ok, small stand alone sink and flat screen TV. The AC unit was definitely out of date and woke up to find a bug bite on my throat.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
"Ok Hotel"
It's an ok clean hotel except for the carpet which is old and dirty. Good location, right across The Grotto and Asian food.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Alberto
"Portland getaway"
My wife and I had a fantastic experience here. The staff is exceptionally friendly, the pool feels great (it's heated!), the breakfast is pretty good (we were given a little breakfast bag to-go because we had to fly out before breakfast hours!), and the rooms are clean and exactly as expected. We also used the city buses the whole week which have very convenient stops right outside the hotel. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Elliott
"Dingy, Disappointing Hotel"
The people working at Howard Johnson Portland Hotel were very nice and helpful ... no complaints there! The hotel is old and run down, the rooms have not been modernized and feel dirty, even though they are probably clean! I wouldn't stay there again, for the same amount of money you can do better elsewhere.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Main door was part broken, hard to close from the outside. But otherwise it was a good stay.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Jill
"Regret this one."
Wish i had stayed somewhere else. Place is run down. Bed was terrible. Floor was lumpy(wth?). Doors slamming all night. Won't go back.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
walter
"Affordable, Easy Stay"
For me, the HoJo Portland Airport Hotel satisfied my needs for a clean, reliable place to lay my head for a quick overnighter. The price was right & so was the location (close to airport with free shuttle service). The reception & shuttle staff were friendly. Free breakfast was also a welcome amenity. If I had time for the pool, I would have enjoyed that too. I was impressed with the efficiency of the room layout - bed, fridge, extra sink counter space…even a large patio/balcony for some fresh air.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Time for an update"
Staff was nice, room was clean enough. I think this hotel was dated 20 years ago. Way to much money for the age....
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Jacob R
"Don't even think about it"
Rude desk person. Scary neighborhood. Gross room. Icky Continental breakfast. Would never stay there again. Over priced.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"HoJo.....okay...price fair"
Okay...average. Competitive price
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
leonard
"Business stay"
OK for overnight stay but would not recommend. Poor excuse for breakfast. Only bread and coffee items. Antiquated air conditioning system.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"Howard Johnson Hotel"
I don't remember the hotel much, bec we just went there to sleep after having flown across the country overnight. The only issue that sticks in my mind is that the stairs were decrepit and dangerous. Fortunately we didn't have much luggage bec those stairs were the only way to get to the room.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sandi D
"Nothing special"
The staff was kind and friendly, but the buildings are old and worn. Our room was next to the outside door, and we heard a lot of noise through the walls.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice stay away from home"
The hotel visit was enjoyable, not high end but no economy hotel either. Upon arriving we were assigned to a room with 2 queen beds, microwave, mini fridge and TV. We were on the ground floor and the swimming pool was across the fenced patio. The room was clean and no funny or smokey smells. The desk clerk greeted us in a friendly manner and told us about the pool and the hours and location of breakfast. Staff was congenial and very helpful. The hotel came under new management two months previous to our stay and they re working to make everyone's stay a good one. Breakfast was good, something for everybody. We had a choice of muffins, waffles, English muffins, gravy, fruit, two cold cereals, juice, hot chocolate and coffee. The neighborhood is not too great, best to be inside before dark or travel together. There were a few fast food restaurants within a mile's walk and a 7-11 next door. The hotel was good to shuttle us to the airport and/or the metro station, we just had to reserve the day before. Overall I would definitely want to stay here again next time I visit Portland.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Elaine m
"Hope you like a COLD Shower in the morning."
I'd give this hotel 2 stars (out of 5); one star for cleanliness and one star for friendly staff. The reason I wouldn't rate it higher is that there was NO HOT WATER for my morning shower! I mean Really, NO HOT WATER!! Also the free breakfast was from 6 - 9 am. Since I'm a late sleeper, I wasn't able to partake of it. Extending it to 10 am would have made it available to myself & my son. And NO, I would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
TODD
"Clean, great location, good value"
This Howard Johnson is perfect for the budget traveler. The rooms are old, but clean. (Our door wouldn't close easily. We had to slam it to shut it. But the bed and bathroom were clean, and that's what matters most to me.) There was always parking available. The location is excellent. The coffee in the room and at the free breakfast varied dramatically, and if you arrive toward the end of the free breakfast time, your options may be limited. The temperature of the pool was quite nice. For the price and location, this is a good deal.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Christina
"not a good HoJo`s"
first off parking lot was cramped, room was small/tiny,a/c sucked, way over priced
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Anthony
"Disappointed in portland, OR."
This had to be the most miserable motel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, filthy, nasty. I never ate the breakfast - it looked lousy, I only drank the coffee which was okay. I would not stay at "ANY" HoJo again. Extremely disappointing. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, cob webs all over the walls and ceiling, mold in the bathroom around the tub, filthy carpet. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!
1 night trip Jul 14, 2015
OK for the price. Breakfast was all carbs.
4 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
The Howard Johnson was very nice for the money. The room, beds and ammenities were great. We stayed only one night and plan to use the hotel again in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Shelly
"It's ok to stay for layover."
Stayed for a night when I got at an airport late. It's Ok for one night.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Good service in dated but clean hotel"
Very helpful front desk clerk and shuttle driver, Juan.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Kendall
"You get what you pay for"
We needed a place fairly close to the airport for an early flight and did not want to pay a lot of money. That is what we got. The neighborhood is sketchy, we had to wait quite awhile to get picked up at the airport after we dropped off our rental car (their van was being repaired), we did not get our wake up call, and they forgot to put us on the list for the 5 AM shuttle. However, they were able to squeeze us in and got us there without incident. Room was on the second floor and did not see an elevator. Probably would not stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Cindy
"Close and affordable..."
Close to many things though the hotel looked a little run down...
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Highly recommend"
Wonderful staff, couldn't have complained. There's a 7-11 behind hotel and a bus that takes you to a transit station directly in front of hotel The hotel is a near downtown and the public transportation is super convenient. If I ever come back to Oregon, I'd def stay with hojo
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Keady
"Not so nice"
This hotel chain needs to get rid of the carpeting, all of it. The rooms stink. You can even smell the sweet cleaning products in the halls. The beds were comfortable. The staff was nice.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
anne
The room was nice it met our needs for one night. I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Sheila
"Quick trip"
Close to the airport. Very busy street, access into the parking lot is best off of the side street. Neighborhood is sketchy, there is however locked gates for park and fly and surveillance cameras. This is an older hotel, room was clean yet small, had microwave and fridge. The poor a/c unit in the window had its work cut out, temps were in the mid 90s. Pool was inviting, had to search for the ice machine. The area has some restaurants close within walking distance. Staff very helpful and friendly. Overall a good stay.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2015
Margaret
"Not happy."
The room was average. The neighborhood is not good. The customer service is horrible. We were to pick up our dog and we called the front desk to make sure it was ok. Told them our room and everything, it's a pet friendly hotel and the fee is $20. No problem we said. When we went to pay the fee at the front desk we were told that we couldn't have the dog after all. No apologies. They couldn't move us. And said we should have called ahead of time. When we said we did they just shrugged their shoulders. Couldn't have been less helpful. That said, the hotel was dirty. Their was noise all night long. It is in a bad part of town, unless you want a neighborhood full of strip clubs.
4 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Extended stay."
Stayed 8 days-never used the pool-did use the laundry room which is a real plus-staff was friendly and attended to business-breakfast was limited but always well supplied and attended to properly. Parking late at night could be a challenge with a full parking lot. Hotel was convenient to the airport and The Grotto.
8 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Guy
"Good value and comfortable stay"
Good spot on two bus lines and easy to get places. I was doing at conference at the convention center and this worked very well. The restaurant next to the motel is Indian and fairly good buffet.
4 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
peter
"It's an old apt building."
The rooms overall were ok. Hotel itself looks to be an old apt building which makes getting to your rooms not so easy. We got dropped off and unloaded our bags to find out we had to walk a distance to the building we were staying in and our 5 bags, made it difficult. The area seemed a bit run down. They have a shuttle to the airport that starts at 4am, I was under the impression that it was continually running. When we checked in I asked "do we just be in the front around 4am for the shuttle?" The front desk lady told me no, shuttle times need to be scheduled. Good thing I asked. We got in late and only slept about 4 hours before we had to go to the airport so overall for a place to sleep it was ok. But I probably won't stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Amber
I was double charged for my stay I was told I double booked and did not cancel one and was charged a $400 cancellation fee. This is not true I am still waiting to see if the credit card company can help resolve this
7 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Jacqueline
"Comfortable and clean"
The staff were friendly. The room was clean. Very pleased with my stay.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"bugs..."
I would not recommend staying here unless you're desperate. Walls were paper this and there seemed to be an ant/bug problem. When i awoke the bottom of my shoes were covered in tiny ants. Gross...
1 night trip Jun 29, 2015
Shad
disappointed the shower had low water pressure, the card reader in the door wouldn't read the access card, took 3 times to get the room door open.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Dale
"Mediocre airport hotel"
It's not awful, but it is an overpriced disappointment. The hotel is far away from PDX, and the hotel shuttle only runs every 30 mins. Our TV didn't work properly (lots of static on most of the channels, and the screen white-washed everything even when we tinkered with the picture settings). Be aware that the outside walkways and stairs are uneven and worn--I tripped badly going up the stairs to our room. The breakfast is mostly carbohydrates: cereal, biscuits, toast, and waffles with a basket of oranges. It was clean and the best we could find for the date, but cost too much for what it was.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"The red lion more like the red kitten inn"
It was brief but he moment we got the room, it did not have soap or shampoo, the drain for the plug on the tub was removed
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Ezequiel
"Great location but needs to be upgraded."
Room was roomy and was in a good location of town but the hotel needs to be upgraded. The steps were broken and the bathroom in our room was dirty and old. But on the plus side the breakfast was good and cleaning staff was very friendly.
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Meredith
"good for travel"
Good for traveling and just somewhere to sleep. Its an old hotel that is very busy. Room was very musty and the air conditioner made it worse. Floor patio reeked of dog urine. Great for if you are trying to get to the airport. No large vehicle (rv, trailer, moving van) parking. Great indian food buffet place 5 steps away.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Not worth the few bucks you might save"
The patio door was wide open when we entered. There was garbage still in the room, cigarettes in ash trays of our supposed non-smoking room, bugs in one of the beds. There were used hand towels in the counter in the bathroom. That being said, the people were apologetic and quick to offer a new room. We were tired, it was late, so we opted for a quick cleaning and some fresh towels. I still do not see myself staying there ever again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015