All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
8247 Ne Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 97220, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Regular internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
Nice free shuttle
1 night family trip Jan 28, 2016
Russell
"inconsiderate to paying guests"
Underconstruction with no consideration to guests. Room was unfinished, no closet rod or anywhere to hang anything. No bed spreads, hook on bathroom door was upside down so everything fell off. Remote for TV disappeared on second day and it took 2 days to be replaced. Piles of old carpet and padding were on out patio and all over the place. Very cappy 4 day stay!!
4 night family trip Jan 27, 2016
arlene
"Skip this one until the remodel is finished"
They are in the process of remodeling, which it badly needs; it was old and in poor repair. But they were not finished, and they have no business renting out the rooms that are partially remodeled, which is what I had. Loved the brand new mattress, but didn't have enough bedding (one thin blanket and no bedspread or other cover). No hooks or towel bars in the bathroom. Construction still going on in the same wing I was in. Old mattresses piled up under stairways, old carpets and other rubbish in the parking lots. They also double booked my room, so the desk clerk came bursting into my room not ten minutes after he checked me in, forgetting he'd booked me into that room. He was very apologetic, and all the staff was quite nice, but they just didn't have their act together logistically, and as I said before, the remodeling really wasn't finished.
2 night trip Jan 29, 2016
"HOJO near the Airport = HO-HUM"
I was there for the Portland Dog Show. I needed a relatively inexpensive room within a short driving distance of the Portland Expo Center. On those two points it delivered. But...this is a VERY old Howard Johnson's, probably very nice "back in the day", but had obviously been allowed to go WAY downhill. On the bright side, it was evident that the new owner/management is undertaking a very large remodel...but they have a LONG ways to go. The area around the hotel isn't "terrible", but a bit "sketchy" at best, about what you'd expect for being that close to the airport. The few employees I dealt with were courteous and friendly. Despite the remodel, someone needs to tell management to CLEAN UP THE GROUNDS and PARKING LOTS around their hotel...most of which were FILTHY!
3 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Doug
"Good place to stay."
Had a doctors appt and stayed here as it was close. the price ws right and our room was nice and clean. Have stayed here before and will stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
Decent. Hotel under repairs so there was a lot of trash outside the rooms.Area near pool was full of wood from the repairs,didn't look very appealing.Breakfast offered did not have a lot of choices. I guess not too bad for the price.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2016
Christina
"All Smiles"
Very refreshing customer service. Prompt shuttle, quick and friendly check-in, waffles for breakfast. All in all a very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2016
Ruby
"Economical choice easy commute location-"
One night - will be back-close to neighborhoods you would enjoy, few minutes to downtown and freeways - undergoing renovation
1 night trip Jan 7, 2016
"It's not bad so it must have been good"
We've stayed here on a number of occasions,reasonable clean comfortable quiet, no frills. Good for the money.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
It was ok you should have man emcee go through the room the heater cord needs to be fixt the light by the sink kept blinding the frig was rilly loud to the point we couldn't sleep good other then that it was a nice place the office people were rilly help ful
3 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
Pictures are lies. There was no smoke detector in room. Would not recomend this place to anybody
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Rodney
"Debbie and Sherry room 107"
Sarah, Vance, Vinn, and Rachel are very nice and helpful. They made our stay friendly and hassle free. They are a enthusiastic and professional group.
3 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2015
"The getto"
This place is in poor condition. Mattresses were outside of the rooms in some areas. I wouldn't stay there again. gross
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Zachary
"Great nights stay .. Great hotel staff"
Wonderful and affordable stay in Portland :)
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2015
Small but very nice room
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Albert
"Decent - Balcony - Free Parking"
The staff was friendly and polite. Our room was nice - clean with a little patio balcony upstairs. we stayed during a remodel of the pool area- so there was noise and clutter of supplies but understandable and not a nuisance. The bathroom was standard- no frills. The sink was outside of the shower/toilet are and in the room. Never thought it mattered to me until I was in a room like this. It was just a little different - not bad/good- just different. The location looks a little sketchy but I felt safe enough to walk to the 7-11 within feet right next to a pizza hut -if that's your thing. I only recommend if you have a car - as it's not walking distance to the rails but there is a bus stop right around the corner. I'd recommend and would probably stay again - if i was driving and had a car.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
danielle
location was pretty sketchy
2 night trip Dec 4, 2015
Howard Johnson Inn
"BEDBUGS BEWARE"
Pleasant staff, accommodating throughout. CAME HOME WITH BEDBUG BITES ON BOTH ARMS. I've stayed in dumps and never had this issue previously.
6 night trip Nov 24, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Great location, close to the airport and to relatives in NE Portland. Cameo restaurant 1/2 block away is open 6 to 3am and has great breakfasts with a Korean twist. Relatively quiet. Great front desk staff. Close to great shopping between motel and airport.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
ruth
"It was good hotel"
Really nice i like it
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
sanjeewa
"Sleeping with the ants sleeping with the ants"
I asked for a refund and they told me no they would not give me a refund.
12 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Dennis
"80's called, wants their hotel back"
What can you say. Staff was very friendly and professional. But hard to make up for the condition of the hotel and the location. 80's called and want their hotel back. Even if they renovated the hotel the neiva hood isn't great but was close to where we needed to be.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Not Provided
"Not happy with my stay"
I will never stay there again! It took 45 minutes to get us a room! the room was not real clean and it was noisy.
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2015
OK hotel for a night
1 night trip Nov 14, 2015
The room smelled of cigarette smoke and the door jam was broken like the door had been forced open. There were a lot of questionable people around, it didn't not have a safe feel.
4 night trip Nov 11, 2015
Lyle
"We advise you splurge for a different 'hotel'."
Parking lot is very dark. We had to climb over 5 bags of trash to get to the walkway to our room. After discussion we came to the conclusion that our room used to be a garage, and the complex used to be apartments. There were piles of old fence and debris. This facility is in a run down, sketchy area. My boyfriend was afraid to fall asleep. The toilet wouldn't flush and practically overflowed. We didn't get our wakeup call and my boyfriend almost missed his flight. Can't comment on breakfast since we didn't go. Lobby and breakfast area were nice, and they had a little business center that had a printer. This place is overall scary and looks like an abandoned apartment complex. Spend as much time as you can in the lobby /common area... That is, if you feel safe leaving your car or if view. Staff is friendly and helpful though.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Monica
"It gets the job done"
Overall, the stay wasn't bad. If you're in need of a room for a few days, I say, go for it. I also commuted to downtown Portland every night for happy hours and other events. The drive was about 20 mins. Not too bad.
3 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
"great"
It was great I can't complain.
6 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
Mariah
"perfect for my airport transition."
I had a 6am departure and this was a very good way to make the early morning trip to the airport smooth and easy witrh the hotel shuttle. It was perfect for what I needed and a great value.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
At first was worried after reading other reviews about bed bugs. The hotel building is older and was not the prettiest but it was clean and very reasonable. The staff was very polite, plus there was a free breakfast.
4 night romance trip Nov 2, 2015
Amber
"Ghetto"
I received three wake up calls at three in the morning although I cannot request it I was also broken out by the couple next week arguing over drugs and it sounded like there was a domestic violence dispute which is why I checked out immediately and notified the front desk. Your hotel is now super shady and I will not be staying
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Terrible hotel terrible service"
There was no electricity in my room and yet they insisted that I stay there and wait for them to fix the electricity which took close to two hours when all I wanted to do was get out of my car and relax in my hotel room after a super long drive and I had to sit and wait in my car with my pets who are also anxious to get out of their kennels and wait until they had fixed the problem. I was very unhappy with the service very unhappy with the hotel room and I will not stay here again and I recommend anyone else wants to stay here to find someplace else to go
1 night trip Nov 5, 2015
Toni
"Good place"
The front desk folks were very nice. The gentleman who drove the shuttle was excellent. I think his name was Vance. He took me to the Max and showed me how to buy a ticket for my trip to downtown Portland. I would stay again.
1 night trip Nov 5, 2015
Danny
"Night service was not good."
Night service was not good....I was put in a room in the back of the hotel and had to walk and with my 2 suitcases and backpack in the dark, down sidewalks and through the parking lot with no help. I had no idea exactly where my room was even though I had a map that the man at the front desk gave me. I did find the room but it was a little unnerving as I am a women and traveling by myself.
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2015
"Awesome, except the construction noise..."
My room is simple, but beautiful. The bed linens are surprisingly upscale for a HoJo, I have an enormous private deck off my room, there's a coffeepot, iron and board, hairdryer, microwave, and mini fridge. The free breakfast is great; biscuits & gravy, waffles (with peanut butter, for the win!), cereal, fruit, toast, coffee, tea and juice. The room is very reasonably priced. I live here, so that counts for a lot. People want to complain about the area, but it's very close to the airport, which is convenient, and they have a shuttle. Yes, it's on 82nd Ave, but come on people, this is Portland, not Compton. You're not going to get caught in the middle of a gang fight; you have to go to Rockwood for that these days. My only gripe is the construction noise during the day, but most people aren't in their rooms during the day.
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
Mandy
"Good and So So"
My access card stopped working on the second day of my two day stay. Fixed quickly. Parking was difficult at time. A full lot at night.
2 night trip Oct 30, 2015
GREGORY
"Never again"
We finally got into our room after changing the door card twice at mid night. However, the room assigned to us was a mess!! It was not cleaned! We have to go to front desk for the third time to change a room... It took at least 2 hours to get into a guest room. Terrible!!
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
Mei
"Decent place"
Wanted to be near friends and had a free night from Hotels.com to use. The room was clean and on the non-traffic side of the property so things were quiet. The walk back to the room from the parking lot wasn't very well lit which made things seem less safe than the front of the property. Overall a decent place.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Some place to sleep near the airport"
The rooms were tiny, one electrical outlet had a metal object protruding and the surge protector strip was dangling from the wall causing the lamp, refrigerator and clock that was plugged into it to flicker off and on. One of the lamps had a burnt out light and there were panhandlers in the parking lot.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
Sheryl
"Good customer service"
We had some trouble with our room keys working and finding parking for the night but the staff was very helpful and friendly.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Not Provided
"Close to airport but far from city happenings"
The room was comfortable and staff friendly, but the building and rooms are old and used. Weird coincidence that a guest was double booked after I checked in and having a person enter my room was jarring...and this happened twice! Human error is acceptable but you start question safety. Wi-Fi worked well, TV was better than expected. Bathroom was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was a disaster and their options were limited...carbs and sugar options only...no great options for food to start your day. 7-11 and Pizza Hut was really close. Complimentary shuttle was a plus. Bus line #12 was really close and gets you to Old Town Portland in 35 minutes or taking Red Line Train into Downtown...$5 all day pass.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Wanted to stay cheap"
Got exactly what we paid for-biggest issues were all the things that didn't work: burnt out light bulbs, keys that kept de-magnitizing (happened 3 separate times), outlets that didn't work and tiny, tiny room. Neighborhood was a little sketchy-approached by a homeless man one evening in the parking lot and while we were waiting to check in another quest that had used the hotel for a park and fly was in the process of calling the police because her car had been stolen while she was away. The airport shuttle worked great. The breakfast was the same every day, but it was fresh. I would NOT stay here again and while I love a great discount I am seriously reconsidering how I balance value and price.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Sheryl
Pros: Decent location and value for money. Nice TV. Coffee maker in room. Bed and linens were acceptable. Transportation was provided to airport and nearby Max line. Cons: The carpet is quite old and stained. Workout facility was under repair along with the pool. The room key cards repeatedly did not work. About 4x over 7 days I needed to have them replaced.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Walk up hotel"
Hotel was a bit run down and room was out dated and kind of creepy....no parking and people double parking no elevators all walk up 10 flight of stairs... Wouldn't stay there a again
1 night trip Oct 22, 2015
"Not bad for the price"
For the price this was an average hotel. The room was comfortable and quiet, which isn't something you get often for under $100/night. The breakfast wasn't too bad and included a couple of hot items. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room hadn't been cleaned when we checked in, but housekeeping was right next door and we were next in line. The only issue I had was that there were no cases on the pillows. It didn't bother me too much since I had brought my own pillows, but it would have otherwise. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Christine
"Works for the price"
Hotel was okay, a bit run down and old but adequate and right priced. Staff were helpful and friendly.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2015
Kenneth
"the worst!! AVOID AT ALL COST!!"
We were checked into a dirty room. Bed unmade. toilet tissue all over bathroom. They wouldnt check us into another room stating they were booked. Calls from people offering "services" throughout the night. no security keeping neighborhood drug addicts off the property. We felt very unsafe.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
Jamieson
"Easy access to Portland"
Hotel staff drove and picked us up from rail station one mile away whenever we asked. Same for airport trip. A huge plus since we didn't need to drive into Portland.
4 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Um, looks like they are remodeling."
Pool empty, things were kinda janky, kinda looked like a beat up apartment building. With that said, staff was nice, shuttle driver was great.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Checked us into dirty room!"
The worst experience I have ever had at a motel. I will NEVER stay here again. The staff started banging on the door at 9am wondering if we were staying another night. They checked us into a DIRTY room because they had no other rooms available. The place was filthy and smoke laden.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2015