All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Regular internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"NASTY"
Where to begin? First of all, this place looks NOTHING like the photos for the hotel. Don't be fooled. Noticed Beds on the balconies, Flower gardens that no longer exist, the breakfast bar looks as if they don't serve anything. I proceed to check in and they somehow cancelled my reservation.??? I didn't say a word and walked out the door and ran to my car to get out of there fast. Dilapidated property, dilapidated Hotel. THIS PLACE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ON THIS SITE. NO RATINGS should be allowed.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2016
"well..."
I flew into town at the last minute for a funeral and just needed a place to get some shuteye for a few hours. This is an old, battered hotel, though it appears some effort has been made to upgrade. The mattress was actually quite comfortable, though the pillows were not. The comforter looked new(ish) but the brown blanket underneath appeared as if it would turn to dust if I touched it. The carpet appeared to have been recently replaced yet the furniture would not have sold at a garage sale - even in this neighborhood. And speaking of the neighborhood, when I noticed our room overlooked a back yard that contained a (presumably) non-working washer & dryer set. The lone saving grace was the hotel is located across the street from one of Portland's true treasures for breakfast, which is good because the burnt coffee and stale bread offered at the hotel were less-than-appealing.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2016
All hotel personnel were very helpful. The neighborhood felt safe & I was comfortable. Breakfast wasn't quite as good as it could have been, but satisfactory.
Response by Howard Johnson Portland Airport
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We love to hear that our staff is doing a good job and that you were pleased. We are seeking to expand our breakfast options in the future. The Belgian Waffle makers we added were actually the result of several guests suggestions, so we truly do value input such as yours. We hope you will stay with us again.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2016
Rendezvous with family members to travel to Hawai'i. We has stayed at PDX HoJo about 20 years ago. This was not the same hotel. It was some distace from PDX and was old and run down. Transitional neighborhood. Would not stay again.
Response by Howard Johnson Portland Airport
Thank you for your feedback. Indeed we are located approximately 3 miles from the actual airport itself and provide a courtesy shuttle for all our guests. We hope you were able to enjoy the quiet benefit from being a distance from PDX and not hearing airplane traffic overhead. Keeping an updated appearance is important to us, which is why we are currently renovating our rooms and property. We hope you would stay with us again when all renovations are complete.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2016
"Choose a different hotel"
Read previous reviews, decided this was a good motel for the price, boy was I wrong, took 2 rooms for 3 nights, arrived and had 1 room for 2 nights. Don't believe the verification advance email, call in advance. This is the third time I have been left having to pay for rooms. The heaters in both rooms never worked, and there were lots of excuses, but never an offer to change us to another room. Pass this hotel, you won't be satisfied.
3 night business trip Apr 2, 2016
Dennis
Horrible hotel.....should be Condemned
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2016
"Kept up well."
Overall the stay was nice. The buildind was older. However, I saw old mattresses down in the hallway and also noticed some fresh stain on the doors and trim. The bed was fantastic! It was nice to know things were being kept up. Will return for sure.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
Rich
"Pleasant stay for price"
It was well cleaned and comfortable. Conveniently close to PDX.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2016
Lilian
"Relaxing nights!!"
Enjoyed my stay. I stayed there 3 nights. The restaurant next to the motel was excellent and would recommend it to anyone. The breakfasts at the motel were great. Made homemade waffles, had juice, coffee, hot chocolate, oatmeal, etc. ,
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2016
Elaine
"bed bugs"
Terrible hotel. Bed bugs
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2016
jackie
Grossest hotel I've stained in, horrible service, false advertisement for airport shuttle, will never use hotels.com again
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
I Always Enjoy Howard Johnson Hotel For The Most Part...There's A Few things I Just get disturbed about...I have stayed @ this hotel over a month since February 1... Because waiting on house...so you would think that with the $$$ I've Been spending over a month that I would get some type of customer appreciation like a free night or two...Also I'm Not A Complainer but I Have endured 3days of ants in the bathroom & by the bed when I was I residing in 225 I did unfortunately have to report it 3 days in a row...Unfortunately I Have had to ask for service in my ROOM a couple times because after leaving & coming back around 2p in the afternoon my ROOM wasn't done...Also Unfortunately I Have had to ask a few times for towels...however I Do love the staff Vance...Rachel...& Clarissa...Always welcome me with open arms...
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2016
Shavyonne
"stinks"
hated it. no ice.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2016
Tv need (CC) cuz deaf.
2 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2016
Damira
The stay was great, the rooms were nice. Me and my children loved the beds, very comfortable. We were in a none smoking room and I am a smoker. So when I went out on the balcony to have a smoke, I had to use a plastic cup with water in it to put out my cigarette. I suggest you give an option to have an ash tray for the balcony. The breakfast buffet was not at all what we expected, I was hoping there were more choices.
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2016
Merrisa
"Pretty gross"
The hotel is pretty gross. The room itself was not too bad... Outdated but clean. But the neighborhood was sketchy, and our whole floor was smoking weed. Not a place for my 8 year old to be!! And the 'hot breakfast' was a waffle maker and cold cereal. Not fruit, no protein. We left and ate elsewhere (Elmers). Would not go back.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2016
DeAnna
"Howard Johnson"
I enjoyed my time there.
4 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2016
"Nightmare"
I will NEVER stay there ever again, first day we got there they wouldn't let us check in a little early so we had to sleep in our car after driving over 14hrs. They said if they had a room available for early checkin they would call but never did. They had to switch us rooms three times. First room smelled soooooo bad like animal,the room did not seem very clean, there where stains and holes on the blanket, the base boards where damaged around the door, underneath the air conditioner was really gross. They said they would switch us rooms and give us a call when the second room was ready but NEVER DID, it took for my husband to say something to get told they had switched the wrong people into a room,took a few hours for them to finally switch us to second room.Room#2 the moved us into a smoking room which smelled, seemed a little cleaner then the first one.Had issues with the door it wouldn't let us in the room, had to run to the lobby four times to let them know the door was not working, final time the shuttle driver had to break into the room, I got locked out of my room due to the door mechanism failing. The shuttle driver said our options at that point was for one of us to stay in the room at all times & maintenance was supposed to fix it and never did. After staying in the room all day they finally switched us room #3 @7:30 pm it took my husband to say something. Not Acceptable, NEVER AGAIN!! DO NOT RECOMMENDED, VERY DISSATISFIED,DO NOT RECOMMEND
3 night business trip Feb 13, 2016
Odemary Rosado-ortiz
"Pathetic in Portland"
There was NO HEAT, and there was no way to remedy it. The TV remote did not work until the management spent about an hour that night figuring it out. There were no clothes hangers nor even rods for the (nonexistent) hangers. The mini refrigerator froze the foods we put in it. The "deluxe continental breakfast" was cereal but no milk, juice, some heels of some loaves of bread, and a waffle maker. No butter for the bread or waffles, and no napkins. We have been at this motel before, with few problems save an eternally unavailable/being-remodeled exercise room, but this visit was an extreme disappointment.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Alan
"Good for my leisure"
no major issue. just old building, but find for me
2 night trip Feb 12, 2016
"Pleasant Experience"
My daughter and I only stayed for one night on a flight layover. I'm not too familiar with the area, but this place seemed pretty nice and well maintained for the great low price. We did walk over to the 7-11 but that's about it. We had a pleasant experience with the shuttle to and from the airport. An extra little thing that I thought was nice was that they gave us a little "to-go" bag full of breakfast snacks.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2016
"deal for the money!"
pleasant stay for the price, it was a deal! employees were personable and helpful. Ramp for stairs to upper level of B Bilding can be treacherous with morning ice.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2016
Nice free shuttle
1 night family trip Jan 28, 2016
Russell
"inconsiderate to paying guests"
Underconstruction with no consideration to guests. Room was unfinished, no closet rod or anywhere to hang anything. No bed spreads, hook on bathroom door was upside down so everything fell off. Remote for TV disappeared on second day and it took 2 days to be replaced. Piles of old carpet and padding were on out patio and all over the place. Very cappy 4 day stay!!
4 night family trip Jan 27, 2016
arlene
"Skip this one until the remodel is finished"
They are in the process of remodeling, which it badly needs; it was old and in poor repair. But they were not finished, and they have no business renting out the rooms that are partially remodeled, which is what I had. Loved the brand new mattress, but didn't have enough bedding (one thin blanket and no bedspread or other cover). No hooks or towel bars in the bathroom. Construction still going on in the same wing I was in. Old mattresses piled up under stairways, old carpets and other rubbish in the parking lots. They also double booked my room, so the desk clerk came bursting into my room not ten minutes after he checked me in, forgetting he'd booked me into that room. He was very apologetic, and all the staff was quite nice, but they just didn't have their act together logistically, and as I said before, the remodeling really wasn't finished.
2 night trip Jan 29, 2016
"HOJO near the Airport = HO-HUM"
I was there for the Portland Dog Show. I needed a relatively inexpensive room within a short driving distance of the Portland Expo Center. On those two points it delivered. But...this is a VERY old Howard Johnson's, probably very nice "back in the day", but had obviously been allowed to go WAY downhill. On the bright side, it was evident that the new owner/management is undertaking a very large remodel...but they have a LONG ways to go. The area around the hotel isn't "terrible", but a bit "sketchy" at best, about what you'd expect for being that close to the airport. The few employees I dealt with were courteous and friendly. Despite the remodel, someone needs to tell management to CLEAN UP THE GROUNDS and PARKING LOTS around their hotel...most of which were FILTHY!
3 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Doug
"Good place to stay."
Had a doctors appt and stayed here as it was close. the price ws right and our room was nice and clean. Have stayed here before and will stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
Decent. Hotel under repairs so there was a lot of trash outside the rooms.Area near pool was full of wood from the repairs,didn't look very appealing.Breakfast offered did not have a lot of choices. I guess not too bad for the price.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2016
Christina
"All Smiles"
Very refreshing customer service. Prompt shuttle, quick and friendly check-in, waffles for breakfast. All in all a very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2016
Ruby
"Economical choice easy commute location-"
One night - will be back-close to neighborhoods you would enjoy, few minutes to downtown and freeways - undergoing renovation
1 night trip Jan 7, 2016
"It's not bad so it must have been good"
We've stayed here on a number of occasions,reasonable clean comfortable quiet, no frills. Good for the money.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
It was ok you should have man emcee go through the room the heater cord needs to be fixt the light by the sink kept blinding the frig was rilly loud to the point we couldn't sleep good other then that it was a nice place the office people were rilly help ful
3 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
Pictures are lies. There was no smoke detector in room. Would not recomend this place to anybody
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Rodney
"I had my little boy with me and the room was cold"
The hotel is in a remodel process, so my room had a old heater that work sometime. I had my son with me and I was told I could move to a new room for the heat problem, but that did not happen. Also the parking is bad for all the contractor supplies and vehicle on the site.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
curtis
"Debbie and Sherry room 107"
Sarah, Vance, Vinn, and Rachel are very nice and helpful. They made our stay friendly and hassle free. They are a enthusiastic and professional group.
3 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2015
"The getto"
This place is in poor condition. Mattresses were outside of the rooms in some areas. I wouldn't stay there again. gross
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Zachary
"Cost us more than we planned."
We had the hotel for 5 nights, we wanted a pet friendly hotel, and we looked it up online. When we got to hotel we were told not to bring a pet in the room we said we needed a pet friendly room, the attendant switched us ( he never mentioned any cost at all.) Then 2 hours later he called our room saying he needed another credit card, we gave it to him and paid the $84 dollars but did not like that. The room was clean but the heater made God awful noises and blew cold air for while. Thebpet area was very soggy and a cut down tree was everywhere. It was too much money for what we got, unexpected charges are a no go.
Other trip Dec 24, 2015
Benjamin
"Great nights stay .. Great hotel staff"
Wonderful and affordable stay in Portland :)
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2015
Very noisy all night long. Slamming of doors and traffic. Bed was terrible! We finally left at 3am due to absolutely no sleep. Literally the worst hotel experience of my life.
Other trip Dec 18, 2015
"Would be a good hotel if it weren't for tweakers."
Loud obnoxious people smoking outside my room i won't be staying here again.i should get a discount on a stay.
Other trip Dec 16, 2015
Small but very nice room
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Albert
"Decent - Balcony - Free Parking"
The staff was friendly and polite. Our room was nice - clean with a little patio balcony upstairs. we stayed during a remodel of the pool area- so there was noise and clutter of supplies but understandable and not a nuisance. The bathroom was standard- no frills. The sink was outside of the shower/toilet are and in the room. Never thought it mattered to me until I was in a room like this. It was just a little different - not bad/good- just different. The location looks a little sketchy but I felt safe enough to walk to the 7-11 within feet right next to a pizza hut -if that's your thing. I only recommend if you have a car - as it's not walking distance to the rails but there is a bus stop right around the corner. I'd recommend and would probably stay again - if i was driving and had a car.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
danielle
location was pretty sketchy
2 night trip Dec 4, 2015
Howard Johnson Inn
"BEDBUGS BEWARE"
Pleasant staff, accommodating throughout. CAME HOME WITH BEDBUG BITES ON BOTH ARMS. I've stayed in dumps and never had this issue previously.
6 night trip Nov 24, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Great location, close to the airport and to relatives in NE Portland. Cameo restaurant 1/2 block away is open 6 to 3am and has great breakfasts with a Korean twist. Relatively quiet. Great front desk staff. Close to great shopping between motel and airport.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
ruth
"Will not stay at the motel again."
The beds were terrible and parking was very limited.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
"Never going back"
The room was very cold, like 30-40 degrees sometimes. There is a heater in the room but housekeeping seems to always turn it off even if you leave a note saying not to. Bed was not very comfortable, very loud noises right outside of the room between 7 and 8am.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
"It was good hotel"
Really nice i like it
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
sanjeewa
"Older hotel being renovated"
We chose this hotel for its proximity and ease of access to the Portland Zoo. It is an older hotel in the process of being renovated. There were some cleanliness issues but it wasn't horrible. We didn't make it down to the breakfast so I don't have anything to say about that. There was a severe lack of outlets to plug computers and phone chargers into. The TV, microwave, internet router and a few other things were all plugged in to a surge protector behind the desk/dresser. We had to unplug a few things to plug in our computers and phones. I realize it's an older hotel built before the need for outlets, but it was kind of wonky. Overall, it was warm and dry and gave us a bed for the night so we could wake up and get right to the zoo.
Other trip Nov 26, 2015
Jennie
"Sleeping with the ants sleeping with the ants"
I asked for a refund and they told me no they would not give me a refund.
12 night family trip Nov 11, 2015