All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1777 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Big rooms"
Nice room bigger than most in hawaii
4 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Duane
"Beautiful hotel/location and bad service"
This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. Unfortunately, the staff were unhelpful, bordering on rude. We found out the "complementary shuttle" does not stop at this hotel as scheduled because the hotel staff do not ever communicate with the shuttle drivers that people are waiting. We ended up locating the shuttle ourselves after I found an online tracking app (would have been nice to know about). Also, I overheard another guest inquire about the rate increase for the second night, which he was unaware of. I too, had noticed this rate increase when I checked in. The person at the desk basically shamed him for even asking and told him "you are getting a very good rate" and didn't even address the fact that he was unaware of this when he made the booking though hotels.com. After seeing that, I didn't even ask about it though I do feel as though I was duped.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
kelly
"Most enjoyed Vacation Stay"
Updated clean comfortable and spacious room. Beautiful surroundings in lobby and terrace. Service/ staff was great. Lots of shops around. Tour pickups and Cabs right outside at entrance. Ala Moana Mall is a fabulous place to dine on different cuisines and shop. Would definetly stay again at the Ilikai
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Waikiki 2015"
Wonderful acommadations !
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
leslie r
"Nice place to stay and affordable"
We originally booked a condo across the street for 7 days. We had some terrible experiences so we checked in at the Ilikai. The Hotel.com app wasn't working right and would only let me book the room for one night Even though we needed it for five nights. We ended up having to book four nights directly with the hotel. We couldn't get the wifi to work so called the front desk and they sent someone up right away. He really didn't know what to do. He was wanting us to change rooms but then finally decided to change out the router in the room. The exterior of the building is very dated and could use painting. But the room was updated and was really comfortable and pleasant. The location of the hotel is great close to Waikiki Beach and within walking distance or close to public transportation to shopping and dining. The parking was very expensive and they charge an extra daily fee like an HOA on top of the room rate to stay at the hotel. On the main level of the hotel they have shops and restaurants. Our room was on the 25th floor facing the city which was pretty, would have preferred an ocean view but they didn't have any available on such short notice.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Fred
"April 2015"
Great location with a moderate price. Suites are fully equipped and close to an ABC store. Our second stay and will return to hotel on our next trip.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
STEPHEN
"Sweet Waikiki"
Four nights right on the beach with a fully equipped kitchen and ample room for two. With two kids it would be tight, but doable. Wifi, cable, DVD player provided. Not smoker friendly.
4 night trip Apr 7, 2015
Wonderful room with view of the ocean. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.
3 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Return, return, return!"
We have been to Hawaii 13 times. We have stayed at many different oceanfront hotels on Waikiki Beach. Several years ago we discovered the Ilikai and have continued to return there time after time. The staff has always accommodated us with excellent rooms and free upgrades whenever possible.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Glen
"EXCEPTIONAL HOTEL"
Pleasant and courteous desk clerk and maids. Close to beach. Beautiful view from floor 22 of salt pool and ocean. Very quiet during the day and during the night. Excellent for sleeping. Thank you for the fine facility. The recent upgrade looks great.
"Review for our first stay at Ilikai"
The staff was very helpful and courteous. They responded to our calls of help in a timely manner. I was upgraded with no charge and we really enjoyed the full kitchen. We like to have a staycation at least once a year and we will like to book here again.
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Close to all of the activities we enjoy!"
We went to the beach, shopped at a bunch of stores and ate at good restaurants.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Tammy
"me and my families staycation"
It was very enjoyable. Great places to eat, rooms were very comfy.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
lawrence
"awesome hotel great location"
This was our first vac. to Hawaii and loved it will revisit again .
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Beautiful hotel but quite a lot amiss"
The room was not clean: there were used soaps on the shower, white powder all over the bathroom, other guest papers in the drawers, and only two bath towels and no other towels. I got food poisoning from their restaurant after eating only there during my stay. The service was great though and the amenities were good; but I did not like that they only gave me one decaf coffee packet and no regular.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Great hotel - Excellent rooms"
I really like this hotel. I have stayed here twice and the rooms have been large and spacious. The room are clean and the staff very nice.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
dave
"Assigned a room that was not ready"
Checked in, was assigned a room that was not cleaned, bed was not made. Contacted front desk, was told to told to wait in room while they assigned us a new room. Was upgraded to a better room. Next day, room key didn't work. Had to go down to lobby to get new keys.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Nora
"convenient location near beach. pleasant views."
big walk in shower, no tub, fully functional kitchenette though sink was bar-sink-sized. Lovely lanai with street and mountain views. Resort on the beach with shops, restaurants downstairs, and spectacular view at rooftop restaurant.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Jean
"Everything I wanted"
Other than the bellman asking for a tip, I was very pleased with my stay.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Hotel close to Waikiki"
Convenient to Waikiki and other Honolulu sites. Good condition great staff at Gilligan's Island setting boat docks. Not too close to Waikiki for walk but trolleys easy access.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
family of 3
"Nice Hotel, good service"
We had a great stay. Our room was one that was recently renovated so it was very nice.
2 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"We just got back..Value"
We just spent 2 weeks in the Wakiki Beach area. We spent only 3 nights with Ilikai and enjoyed the service, the room w/ kitchen, and the view. We have stayed at Trump and HHV for several trips so comparisons between the mega resort or the service minded Trump may not be apple to apple, however I think you should consider the Ilikai. You can take the savings and go up the great Sarentos rooftop dining and get the Osso Buco AND Australian Lobster Tails every night. They have been updating the rooms and I think they are great and having the small kitchen was real nice. The ocean view from 23rd floor varies from harbor to lagoon, the balconies are approx 5' x12'.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice and close to the beach!"
Nice hotel. Family friendly! Needs their own pool and hot tub though!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nice hotel next to the beach."
Overall, our experience was good. I was disappointed that the hotel did not have its own airport shuttle service, so it cost $15 per person each way to get to the hotel and airport. I thought it was strange to close the pool at 7:30 pm, and the pool staff would not let people move chairs into the shade. At check in we received an upgrade, but there was a mistake and we were put in some else's room. The staff was very apologetic and moved us to another room--which we liked better. There was a view of the lagoon and beach (had to sit at an angle) and we did see the top of a mountain over some buildings, but it took a lot of searching to find it (if you are higher up you may see it better). It would be better if they didn't describe rooms as mountain view. There was a hotel fee of $15 a night which got you beach towels and chairs, games, gym, pool, etc. What the hotel really needs to include in the fee are beach umbrellas--they didn't have any. Don't eat a Cinnamon's the hotel's small restaurant--it was the worse meal we had in Honolulu. The only other thing that contributed to not giving 5 stars was, when I check out no one asked me about my stay.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Another Great Stay at the Ilikai"
Spent 5 days at the Ilikai and can't say enough about the view. Had a room on the 22nd floor and truly enjoyed a relaxing time in Waikiki Beach. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Only downfall is that many hotels are now charging a "resort fee" in Hawaii.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Glen
"Home away from home."
Big room, clean, comfortable bed, awesome staff! Highly recommend!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Ivan
"Beach accessibility"
Wonderful. Loved it. May go back there. Kitchen was excellent
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
frank
"No ocean view, even though I paid the premium"
Staff said "we consider that an ocean view". All you can see is hotel windows.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Comfortable hotel"
I had a very pleasant experience during my stay at this hotel, the only thing I didn't like was the $28 charge per day for parking.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Highrise Hotel / Micro Apartment"
It's more of an efficiency apartment than a hotel room. You could live here. It has a full kitchen with an oven, refrigerator, cabinet space, microwave and mini-coffee maker. Nice balcony with a great view of Wikiki. Room was nice and clean. Had a few dishes, bowels, utensils, and pots and pans. Everything on the island is expensive, so eating in can save hundreds of dollars per meal.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Business Travel
"Condo, Time Share, Hotel Which One??"
Very tired and worn out rooms. Rooms are soon to be sold as condos, 600,000
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Most definitely I would love to have the same room again. Specially my next reservation..
1 night trip Feb 9, 2015
"Convenient Location"
Front desk staff was very helpful on check in. Hotel was very close and convenient to the area I needed to be for family. Only complaint was late night and early morning emergencies along the beach had the sirens blaring into the room. But that's Waikiki, right?
1 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
JaNae
"Good for business trip"
I stayed this Hotel for business trip. My room was ocean view room. A little bit far from downdown. It's very convenient to move and enjoy. For next business trip. I would like to stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Jong Seok
"Good hotel for location."
The hotel is conveniently located and in a quieter area of WaikikI Beach. Lots of places to eat and shop are near. Room was large and with a kitchenette saved on meals. We would return. S
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Suzanne
"Our trip to hawii"
Stated 6 days plus a bonus day when flight canceled and had a great stay Location was perfect for us. would like to give a special shout out to Chester at the front desk. Chester did a fantastic job with all of our needs. Go Buckeyes!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Us
"Nice hotel near beach and shopping"
We really had a nice relaxing time and everything was wonderful! Thank you
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Convenient, clean but dated looking."
I loved the location and it is a very nice hotel, but the room looked very dated and the pillows were tiny and rock hard.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
James R
"Very nice hotel next to the marina"
I went to Honolulu on business but was able to stay at this nice hotel. The staff exceeded my expectations. The room was large and had a great view.
dave
"Not a 3.5 star hotel rather a 3 star"
The building itself looked okay but the room was really old. The fabric on the furniture were faded and the fixtures in the bathroom needs to be upgraded. There was nothing boutique about the hotel. The gym only had one treadmill......contrary to the pic and they had no free weight. One good thing they had was a lot of the tours had their pick up right in front of the hotel
5 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
"great view of the ocean"
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ilikai Hotel.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Myles
"convenience from downtown"
Ilikai was much older than expected, hotel was clean and services were very good, inside hotel room it appeared that room was apparently refaced as it looked that way in kitchen-ette, there were 2 lamp switches that were off centered with its switches and could be easily repaired by changing the switch, bathroom needed a fan for ventilation due to heat and humidity, mattress was decent but slightly softer than usual...overall, the convenience and history of the hotel location from the downtown area was the major factor for stay and very close to ala moana mall and and the main roadways...
7 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great hotel for the location and nightly rates"
This hotel is great for its location to all the amenities near by from shopping, beach/pool access, and nightly entertainment.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Nice hotel if you want to stay in the heart of Waikiki. Clean, but beds weren't that great and the look of the room was dated. Great service and great location
Other trip May 10, 2014
Tiffany
"Awesome!"
Got us in for dinner with no reservations. Excellent customer service.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Great Home Base for all of Oahu"
Third time staying at this hotel in three years - we love it. On the edge of Waikiki, so an easy walk to all the shopping and restaurants. Short walk to the beach. Pleasant and easy going staff, especially the valets.
5 night family trip Mar 10, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Newly remodeled 5 minute walk to the beach. The coffee shop was great
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Just Right"
Clean hotel. Courteous staff. Housekeeping exceptional. Hotel sits right at Marina parking (FYI park in the Marina Lot its $12 versus 20 to 37). Pool is fairly small but as with most, time is spent at the lagoon and on the beach about 300 yards from the rear of the hotel. Room incidentals flat rate charge of only $50 for the entire stay NOT nightly (can you say awesome). When you eat in the hotel keep in mind that you can NOT bill to your room. That is what keeps the rate for incidentals for the hotel so low. There are beach chairs and beach towels at the front desk. Don't worry about bringing your own. The Ala Moana mall is about 1.5 blocks away from the hotel and is one of your best options for eating out at a reasonable price. AVOID the ABC stores, there is a grocery store and food court at the mall.
6 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
Dawn
"Very nice hotel and close to the beach"
Its our first time in Hawaii, its my present to my husband for his 50th birthday. I booked this trip with ocean view room in December 2013 and his birthday is on February. I was surprised to get a room that I didn't ask or pay for it, needless to say that a room with ocean view cost more. instead I got a room with partial ocean view with other hotels and city view. I called the front desk and they insured me that indeed this room is an ocean view room. I WASN'T HAPPY AT ALL. The next day I let them know that I am not happy with my room and to my astonished they switch my room to a beautiful ocean view. we had a great time looking at the marina and the sunset from our room, so therefore our next stay will be definitely with ILIKAI hotel. And I hope with the same room. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Mimi
"great value hotel"
Friendly hotel staff, clean rooms, great price, great view of the lagoon from our review, and good location although it is a 15-30 min walk to the heart of Waikiki depending on your pace. Liked that it was also close to the Ala Moana shopping center for some greater outdoor shopping.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014