All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1777 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice hotel and close to the beach"
Its our first time in Hawaii, its my present to my husband for his 50th birthday. I booked this trip with ocean view room in December 2013 and his birthday is on February. I was surprised to get a room that I didn't ask or pay for it, needless to say that a room with ocean view cost more. instead I got a room with partial ocean view with other hotels and city view. I called the front desk and they insured me that indeed this room is an ocean view room. I WASN'T HAPPY AT ALL. The next day I let them know that I am not happy with my room and to my astonished they switch my room to a beautiful ocean view. we had a great time looking at the marina and the sunset from our room, so therefore our next stay will be definitely with ILIKAI hotel. And I hope with the same room. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Mimi
"great value hotel"
Friendly hotel staff, clean rooms, great price, great view of the lagoon from our review, and good location although it is a 15-30 min walk to the heart of Waikiki depending on your pace. Liked that it was also close to the Ala Moana shopping center for some greater outdoor shopping.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Mitch
"We used to stay at this hotel in the 1970's."
An amazing view & lovely large room. Modernised. Pool area a little dated. Would return. Lots of fantastic memories from the Qantas crew slips at the Illikai in the 1970's. Thank you Qantas & the Illikai.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2014
Colleen
"check your total fees and charges BEFORE you book"
We made a reservation for this hotel and it was not until after I had booked it that I realized they were charging us an extra $139 (on a room that cost less than $200) a night for taxes and service fees. Seriously?? I thought maybe when we got to the hotel that those extra fees would include something that was not listed on the amenities. Nope. Location was nice, front desk was nice. valet was $28/day also. free wifi. I wouldn't stay here again - not worth the extra added on fees and taxes.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
sharon
"Hotel is located at the entrance to Waikiki"
Iconic hotel located at the entrance to Waikiki. Close to everything! Wonderful staff and huge rooms. And although the room was in need of upgrading, it was exceptionally clean and comfortable! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants the Waikiki experience yet the calmness of a vacation.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Tutu
The room was dated and dingy but clean. Excellent location with allot of history. Staff was cordial and helpful.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"location is perfect"
room needs updating and cleaning
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"Construction Zone"
Construction zone from 8 AM to 4 PM. Heavy noise directly above my room. If you are planning to sleep late, or have peace in your room during the day don't stay here. No room service! Property beautiful.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2014
Beth
"Ocean view room!"
We stayed 3 nights over Christmas at the Ilikai. Our ocean-view room was on the 22nd floor and had LOTS of room to move around in. Roomy balcony, and big windows looking out over the ocean as well as up the shoreline into Honolulu and the mountains. When I booked our room the website said they were remodeling or updating their rooms. Guess they missed ours. While fairly nice and fully functional, it showed it's age. Some peeling paint, shower fixtures that were pulled away from the wall, and overall wear and tear that were noticed. It didn't interfere with out stay though. The employees were all courteous and helpful. Nice landscaping with tropical flowers. There is shopping in the hotel as well as being located near plenty of shops in the immediate area. We didn't eat at the restaurant at the top of the hotel so I can't comment on it. If we went back we just might stay there again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Comfortable on edge of Waikiki"
Watched the fireworks announcing the start of the Honolulu Marathon. Large comfortable room, clean, with polite helpful staff. Will stay there again
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
John & Kay
We appreciated the excellent staff. One of the most courteous hotels I have stayed in.
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
"review"
The hotel is rather poorly located. It is a pretty long walk to the starting point of Waikiki and the beach at that point isn't very good. The hotels pool is small and strangely built. Most quite deep, and rest ok. Would be afraid to leave a child there. Location mediocre at best. 2 long blocks from Ali Moana shopping center and a lot further than that from the action on the main st.
7 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Margaret Bielak
"Slightly Disappointed"
We have stayed at Ilikai many times and been absolutely delighted but were a bit disappointed this time. We were given a room that was in definite need of repairs. Molding around bathroom doors was deteriorating in places and shower doors had rusty spots on them. In addition the carpet was cut out in two places and ragged patches just laying in place--no attempt to match up or hide seams. Not the ILIKAI that we were used to.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Beautiful and close access to beach"
The hotel is beautiful. It has a very elegant, and expensive, restaurant on the top floor. But, it also has a very delicious and more informal pub at the bottom, open air to the ocean that makes wonderful pizza (it had a variety of items; we just happened to have the pizza). It has a waterfall there and all kinds of tropical shrubbery. Although the hotel is on the harbor, it overlooks the ocean and it has a sidewalk/easy access to the beach. Housekeeping was VERY friendly and attentive and the check-in clerks were very helpful and always remembered my name.
4 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"A great location, a great atmosphere"
We stayed for a week Oct 7-14, 2013, and we were greeted with a courteous staff, a clean room with a great view of the marina. We had stayed on the other side of the hotel last year, and we were inspired to see great sunsets, and lovely views of the mountains from this room. The room was comfortable, with a clean bathroom with a roomy shower stall, and a full sized tub in the bathroom. The only trouble we encountered was one of the phone numbers provided in the literature was not a working number for a shuttle service, which of course was no fault of the hotel. We recommend this hotel, and will certainly use it in the future for our visits to the island. The location is right on the bus line, and near the mall and we walked to the shops and restaurants nearby. Certainly a great value in lodging.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Linda & Doyle
"Excellent service"
The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Loved our stay.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Good value but a bit dated"
I wanted to try the other end of Wakiki and it was nice. Quieter but not as many dining options. The room was good and very spacious; suite style w/ full kitchen. Comfortable bed. Cleaning of room was just OK. Staff pleasant.
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2013
"Great view!"
We stayed 5 days here and had a great experience. Staff were friendly and accommodating and our room was huge!! The bathroom could be updated but was satisfactory and had everythingwe needed. Awesome balcony and view to the ocean. Also, very convenient location. We would absolutely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
We had a fantastic time, location was close to Waikiki and the beach.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Walking distance to Waikiki and Ala Moana Shopping"
Hotel is a bit outdated but location is excellent, walking distance to Waikiki and Ala Moana Shopping Malls.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Nice hotel! Well situated"
Rooms are huge and clean and with a Kitchenette. The lobby is a bit dated looking but everything else is clean and contemporary. I did not have a room with an ocean view this time but still nice nonetheless.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Nice, close to beach"
We had a very good experience here. Defenitley would stay here in the feature.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed stay in this hotel. Only one drawback -- no beach. However, closeness to everything made up for it. Room large and comfortable, view great, service very good.
4 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Hotel close to beach excellent view upper rooms."
We stayed on the 23rd floor, the view was excellent. The staff was amazing. Our only inconvenience was that the ice machines, laundry machines were not working several floors. Had to go to front desk for change machine, that also broke while we were there, none anywhere else. Went to 21st floor for laundry soap, 22nd floor for fabric softener, then back to 23 floor to do laundry. Had to get ice from different floors each day as they also were breaking down on different floors. Then the fax machine went down the only day I really needed it. But the staff let the business email them and they printed my documents. Overall a good experience.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"superb view and attentive service"
The Ilikai was a welcome stay. We were on the 25th floor with a stunning view of the ocean. The staff was attentive and cordial, the service excellent. We had to park a car, but the valet in-and-out system was very easy, and quite affordable. The Ilikai is also the first stop of one of the bus tours of Pearl Harbor, that was convenient. The hotel gets highest marks with one exception. The attached bar-and-grill restaurant was disappointing. My wife was embarrassed when she invited friends to breakfast, viz., the limited choices and the fact that pancake syrup comes out in little packets. That was below expectation. But there are lots of places to eat up and down Ala Moana Drive. The hotel experience itself was excellent in every other way. Highly recommended.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"good staff but, need to do check inside of room"
during first Hawaii vacation, i spent one night in this hotel. i stop by several times to make questions to hotel front. They were really kind to me and fully qualified. beginning of my first Hawaii vacation was good with their kindness. However, some parts of room was not satisfied. at least two things in the room bothered me. first, air-conditional system cannot be controlled. i should ask to hotel but, i couldn't because i just spent one night. second, quality of sofa in the room, which is fake leather sofa is not match to this hotel. i didn't expect high quality of sofa but, not this one.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Aloha Ambience in great Waikiki location"
Our ten-night stay at the Ilikai was absolutely splendid. Have stayed at the Ilikai before and really love this place. We are very fond of that west end of Waikiki near the Hale Koa and Rainbow Towers. My wife and I are both youthful 50's in age and we enjoy the wonderful serene Aloha feel in the Ilikai's lobby. Cool tile, fountains, flowers, and soft Hawaiian music. We found the hotel guests to be mostly a mix of 30's to Senior types, some families with older children (ages 7 and up). We prefer this mix to that of the Rainbow Towers (carnival type atmosphere, mostly families with young children enjoying their 4+ swimming pools and lagoon) or the mix at the Hotel Modern right across the street (young, hip, urban, minimalistic decor, 20's crowd, mostly enjoying late nights at their beach bars. Large one-bedroom on the Mauka side, 23rd floor was clean and spacious. Convenient washer-dryer on each floor. Beach towels provided at the front desk. Beach is near the marina and is not quite as frenzied as the beach in mid-Waikiki. We walked over to rent Aquacycles (oversized tractors with huge wheels that you can pedal out over the ocean). Best of all is their splendid Ilikai Bar & Grill, outdoor patio, marina view, fabulous lunch-size puu-puu's and salads $5.50 to $11.95, and drinks (tropical and other) only $7.00!! We pay twice that at most San Francisco restaurants. This is truly a hidden treasure.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Nilo
"wonderful hotel convenient to much and beautiful"
this is the second time I have stayed at the Ilikai. It was again a great experience. The facility is wonderful . the atmosphere is warm friendly and beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again if and when I return.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Older hotel showing it's age but still nice"
Had a good time. Wish the hotel was closer to the beach and had more pools with more shade. The Hilton next door has much more amenities but this is still nice. The restaurant at the top of the hotel is good but over-priced for what you get. Do not order the steak.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Friendly check in, no wait."
Enjoyed my stay at Ilikai. I would return there and stay again. Location a bit away from the main hotel section, but it was still a good location.
4 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Cindy
"Awesome hotel"
Awesome view, friendly staff, great location. We will be staying here again
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
lisa
"Good for the money"
For a cheap stay this is the place. Nothing glamorous about the hotel but for the most part clean and taken care of. It is an older hotel and you can tell in the rooms. While there they were doing co struction the floor above us, but did not bother us because they only did work during the day 8am- 3.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
chria
"ilikai stay 6/24/13-6/30/13"
The experience at the ilikai was okay. There was nothing special about this hotel. The location was pretty convenient being that its 2 blocks away from the beach and shopping. The decor was mediocre and needed some updating. Overall I give this hotel 3 outta 5 stars.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Great Waikiki location for walking"
The Ilikai was a great low key place to relax. Easy walking to the beach and to shopping. The staff were very helpful and made my stay an awesome experience.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Renee'
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull. They answered all questions with a smile. It was a very very pleasant experience.
14 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"would not stay there again"
Confusing to navigate and find the lobby. The staff was great. The room was plain, unappealing, and the bed was uncomfortable. For $200, it was not worth the price.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013
CJ
"Location"
The hotel is conveniently located. It's next to hilton resort and from the balcony u can experience the fireworks they do every evening. Before reserving , do confirm if u want the full ocean view or partial. Overall, a nice nice to stay.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2013
Gaurav
Very old hotel.. even though the maid did her job well, the hotel still wasn't clean. It needs severe renovation. Parking was unreasonably e,pensive, $28 a day and you have to give yhem tips each time you pick up the car. Front desk staffs were not willing to meet out needs until they were been called a few times. Overall, they were all not professional, definately not worthy for the money you would pay.
8 night trip May 25, 2013
jan
"sightseeing"
Great location for touring Oahu sights.
2 night family trip May 23, 2013
"Great hotel for all!"
The ocean front rooms were beautiful. It had a very large balcony with great views of yacht harbor and the ocean. It had a full kitchen equipped with dishes, flatware, pots and pans. They even provided dish soap. There was also a full sized refrigerator, microwave, two stove top burners, coffee pot with daily coffee, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Every Friday evening, there are singers and hula dancers in the courtyard. The hotel provides a welcome packet filled with coupons at check in. Also, they provide guests with beach chairs and towels. They were close to a lot of great restaurants, Ala Moana Shopping Center, and the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Sandy
"Nice hotel, classic character"
If you're not interested in the chain hotels, this is the place. The Ilikai is a good mix of old Hawaii and new. Sure, it shows some wear, but you know you're in Hawaii, from the shell inlay in the furniture to the bamboo font used in signage. Go for the ocean side, and do take advantage of the swimmer's elevator and the restaurants.
Other trip May 14, 2013
"A great stay!"
We had a great time. Hotel is very well maintained, staff is great. Our only issue was with the hotel bar/ restaurant, which was woefully understaffed.
Other trip May 8, 2013
"First Hawaiian Vacation"
This was our first trip to Hawaii and expedia made choosing and booking our hotel very easy. The Hotel staff was very helpful in helping us book different local tours to help us really enjoy our first vacation in Hawaii.
Other trip May 8, 2013
"Worked well for us."
We Stayed 7 days, loved the hotel, loved the location. My only "complaint" is I dont know if they actually change your sheets during your stay? I felt like they just kept making our bed instead of changing the sheets but Im not entirely sure, I could be wrong. Other than that, loved the restaurant downstairs, loved the location, loved everything about it! :)
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Alexis
"Would always choose to stay again"
We have stayed here a few times. Our first visit, we rented directly from a condo owner and loved the room - was very spacious with a full kitchen and great view. As a guest of the hotel for the other two times, the first time I was disappointed to realize that I had booked a room without a kitchen. The view however, was spectacular, of Diamond Head and Waikiki. But we ended up moving to another room anyway that had a full kitchen and "living" area. Was comfortable and spacious but VERY dated - and the view was of the marina (not bad, just much less "spectacular", except for the sunsets). Our most recent visit, we had a room that was spacious enough, but again, no kitchen. However, it was updated, clean and had the marina view. It was great and the staff is always very helpful and friendly. The location is superb, close to everything without being in the middle of downtown Waikiki.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
Aqua has done a fantastic job of restoring this classic property. The attitude of the staff was wonderful.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2013
"Great location and value"
Overall a good experience. Food at the restaurant wasn't that special and no breakfast in bed was available. But hotel was good price and good location between Ala Moana and Waikki
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"Clean, comfy rooms with a view"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Ilikai. The location is exceptionally convenient- steps from Waikiki Beach, and along a major road with easy access to The Bus and every tour bus and trolley operating in the city- many use the Ilikai as one of their main pick-up points. Our room was clean and comfortable. We paid the extra to get the ocean view room, and it was gorgeous- nice views of the ocean and Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon, and we could even see Diamond Head over the top of the hotel across the street. All the staff was friendly and helpful, and the free wi-fi was nice to have. The on-site bar/restaurant had good food and reasonable (for Waikiki) prices. We would gladly stay there again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
"Been Twice - Going Back Again"
Second time stay in less than a year. We love it here - close to everything. And on the 'edge' of Waikiki, so very easy to jump in our car and head off to Honolulu or the North Shore. We'll be back.
5 night romance trip Mar 12, 2013
"Costly parking & Dirty rooms"
My room was dirty when I arrived, I didn't complain I never do, the maids have access to the rooms. We stayed a week and my room was not cleaned properly, hair left on floor, shower moldy. They charge $ 29.00 a day for guest parking then you feel obligated to tip valet. The only good thing about our stay was the closeness to the beach, although disappointed with the beach as well, water was very dirty. I only stayed at this hotel because my daughters team was staying there, will not use it again..
Other trip Mar 21, 2013