All hotels in Karon, Thailand

Room is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Short stay in Phuket"
Very difficult to get any info from staff.Organised trip through hotel and were offered a "discount" but in fact we paid over 400Baht more than others on trip. Upgraded our room as the one we were given was not pleasant at all and took about one and a half hours to get our bags so unable to have swim or go out. Two of restaurants not open and food in others average and expensive. Grounds in hotel were beautiful but overall would not stay here again or recommend it.
4 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2015
"Highlight, Botanical Garden and Pools,on Beach"
This Hotel is all about the botanical gardens and pools this alone makes for a good stay, fairly nice spacious rooms inside But the cleaning manager could be introduced to Clorox bleach in the bathroom area , also the building property is showing its age a little, overall if you get this property at a fair rate it is good value for the area
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
david
"Exceeded expectations"
This hotel was amazing because it was uniquely Thai. One can spend a long time just walking and enjoying the immense gardens. Or... even more unique are the tame animals that come out twice a day to interact with the guests. The beach is much closer to the hotel than I guessed from the photos, just have to cross a street that's not too busy. This hotel is worth whatever you have to pay for it.
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Jeffrey
"Average place"
Beware of hidden extra charges. I paid extra guest fee to expedia, and the hotel charge again when we arrived.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
DC

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Extremely disappointing experience !!"
Really disappointed with the entire experience I stayed in the same rating hotel in Bangkok and everything was outstanding as stated on hotels.com This couldn't have been further from it !! I would never recommend anyone to stay there
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2016
Lee
"The hotel like nature area and peaceful."
The thai hotel style and very relaxing. It is comfotable for take a relax with nature and tropical. Some of hotel beachfront look like this. Staff very friendly and warm welcome. Just walk 5 minute to beach.
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
wongyen
"Grand old hotel with big rooms and good location"
From booking to arrival was not what we'd expected. We paid a premium for location and what was advertised. The hotel is old and grand but urgent need of renovation and modernisation keeping with the original concept of a natural environment. Staff are good but not exceptional. For a premium holiday resort you expect exceptional. The buildings are getting very old and in disrepair. The gardens are wonderful and relaxing surrounding the pool area. Our ground floor garden rooms outside area looked liked the tiles haven't been cleaned in years. Horrible and chalky to walk on outside. Shower head didn't work properly and hard to have decent shower. The highlight for us was the turtles and rabbits everyday. The kids loved that. Coffee talk is a great little cafe with wonderful staff as was Ciao Italian Bistro.
Other trip Nov 28, 2015
Aussie Family
"Honeymoon trip @ Thavorn Palm Beach Resort Phuket"
This is a wonderful resort for honeymoon trip, it is right across the road from the beach and easy access of Karon Beach. Beautiful gardens and very very nice pools.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Chutikan
"Thavorn"
Good location, easy access to lots of local bars & restaurants
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Nor a hotel to stay"
To be fair I kind of felt cheated. I booked a Superior room. When I arrived it to turned out that the superior rooms are in a different building from the main hotel. I would say in a different hotel. It's a long walk from the otherwise magnificent gardens in a building that is just about to collapse. Rooms in that wing are at best 3 star. When complained I was offered an upgrade for a 1000 bhat, which I accepted. However, when I wanted to pay the manager on duty said a 1000 bhat per night. As stayed 2 nights it would have been almost the same that I paid for the room in the first place. I blew my mind. After an hour of arguing, asking, etc my last in my opinion generous 1500 offer was turned down and I went back to my old room. The air con was too loud, the room in general was a bit dated and miserable. Having seen the "deluxe" rooms whilst better they are still on the lower end of a 4 star standard. The whole thing left me with quite bad feelings. I wouldn't recommend or stay there again. The superior rooms are a waste of money and you can get better for the deluxe rooms' price in phuket.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Viktor
"Better than expected"
My wife and I spent 9 nights at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort in Phuket. Enyoyed every minute of our stay. Deluxe room clean, cosy and spacious. The Hotel grounds are green and well maintained. The 5 Swimming pools are inviting. Great selection for Breakfast. Hotel staff very helpful. We would without hesitation recommend this Resort.
9 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Thavorn Palm"
The rooms are beautiful and clean and it is surrounded by nature. The hotel itself keeps many animals such as turtles, bunny rabbits and birds. The pools are not as nice as they seem in photos, but they are still beautiful, especially the main pool with the swim up bar. Sometimes the receptionists didn't seem as pleasant or accommodating but I understand. They're there for long hours in the heat (the main lobby is not air conditioned, which is fine because they have an open space concept)
4 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
Han Sol
"Good hotel. Poor Air Con"
Huge hotel. 10 minutes walk just to reception . Air conditioning was troublesome . Failed one night. We swelted. No solid sleep Next night the air con rattled all night. Again poor sleep. Good hotel. Good staff. Check the air con before you go to sleep
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Thavorn Lavish"
We really enjoyed our stay,the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.with beautiful grounds,lavish gardens,ponds & fountains everywhere, five pools to choose from, loved the waterfall pool.we would stay here again.Excellent
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Ann
"Outdated, Depressing, and Ugly"
Horribly stuck in 80s, the room was so outdated and the whole hotel seems to be stuck in the past, everything has a very disgusting appearance of old, rusty, or faded, from common areas, to swimming pools, to hallways, gardens, decoration of the lobby, breakfast area. When I booked it was advertised 4 restaurants and none was working. The most annoying part is the layout of the hotel wings, imagine what means "faraway" to walk from lobby to room or from room to swimming pool, hard to explain but it doesn't fall into the concept of a relaxing stay at a resort. I rented a car and had to walk a lot everyday from the parking lot to my room due to the awkward hotel layout, taking ramps, stairs, and stairs, very uncomfortable for a relaxing stay.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Beautiful gardens and hotel opposite the beach"
This hotel is such a lovely place to stay, in a great area, that is close to everything you need. The rooms, pool and gardens are well maintained and the staff were always helpful and friendly. We liked that you could get a credit to spend in the hotel if you forego housekeeping for a day. You don't always need new towels or your bed made everyday. A great place for rest and relaxation.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Evelyn
"grand but not good"
awful reception service. checking in and out took forever even though the hotel was almost empty. terrible food... the kids loved the pool and the graden and the animals
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Tara
ZA
"3 nights Thavorn palm beach"
A few issues during the stay , overall service is average , breakfast is mainly catered towards Chinese customers , rooms are dated . The main reason for staying is the proximity to the Beach which is quiet and nice as well as proximity to shops and restaurants.
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
stephane
SG
"Fabulous oasis on Karon Beach!"
Resort was charming, wonderful for families with excellent pool amenities. Children entertained themselves for hours wandering the beautiful gardens, enjoying the free roaming animals, making new friends and swimming! Breakfast buffet was extremely generous.Hotel staff were always smiling and helpful and rooms maintained to an excellent standard.The resort was perfectly located for us, about 2 kilometres from the heart of Karon Beach, few minutes in a TukTuk and away from all the hussle and bussle of Kata and Patong.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Lee
"Fantastic location & facilities"
Had a great time here. Great breakfast every morning. Tour organizer was very helpful. Very close to local restaurants and markets. Easy access to taxi's and Tuk tuks. Highly recommend a stay.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Norbs
"Great Fun For Kids"
I had a good time in Phuket with my family but I don't find anything outstanding about the hotel. For me it was just ok but my kids had wonderful times in the pools since there are numbers of pools to choose. I had connecting family rooms but one of the air-cond blower does not able to control, a bit noisy. I feel a bit strange when ironing facility was not provided even outside the hotel room. Hotel policy not providing this facility according to the staff.
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Zuraimi
"Not too bad"
It was enjoyable but nothing spectacular. Service was ok. Nothing to complain about.
3 night family trip May 29, 2015
Suan Pin
SG
"Beautiful surroundings, beach front Resort"
Absolutely relaxing. Great Staff and Management. Would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to stay at Karon.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
GG
"Great location, facilities for good price"
Wonderful location, room was better than pictures showed, so many pools it was never crowded and most people were at the beach anyway! Breakfast was extensive with many different choices. Highly recommend
5 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Great staying. Enjoyed the hotel
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Hyunju
"Vacation in Phuket"
The hotel had good and bad. The grounds were beautiful with the gardens, fountains, rabbits, and statues. The location was also great next to many restaurants and shops (but still quiet) and across the street from a nice beach (public beach, the hotel does not have its own). The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were quite dated and in desparate need of renovation. The pools were nice although they closed one during our stay which was annoying. Skip the restaurants as the Italian one was awful (worse pasta i ever tasted) but there are many choices outside the hotel. The fitness center was terrible, old, limited equipment, and dangerous to use. The people were nice but everyone is nice in Thailand. No irons or adapters which was surprising and unexpected at a large hotel. The breakfast buffet was pretty bad with limited selections and half of it was bad Russian food. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel (I loved the landscaping) but wouldn't go back.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Will be back"
Wonderful stay. Good position in a quieter part of Phuket. Staff very helpful. Overall a great experience. Will be back
8 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Andre
ZA
"Amazing hotel !! - Must Book"
The resort is very Grand and Amazing in every sense. It's beautifully done up from inside and out, very green with all relevant amenities. The staff was extremely polite and very helpful. The breakfast buffet had a huge selection and the seating area had a great environment with a lot of greenery around and the water fountains. Amenities are nearby and beach was right across the street. Loved the entire experience. I will definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Phuket.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Ahmed
"Pretty good!"
Generally a really nice place. A little in need of some updating in places. Staff really great. Friendly, helpful and welcoming. My only gripe was the service on one night in the Italian bistro where my main only arrived after my partner had finished hers and it was a bit over priced.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great hotel in the right place- close to all thing"
Thailand is just a magical place- it has so much to offer everyone
mick
"Karon Beach Stay"
Stayed 6 nights 12/10/2014 to 18/10/2014. Found the hotel good value & good service. The room was really nice but the bed was a little hard as were the pillows. The Old Siam restaurant on site was really great & great service there too. They make a nice pizza down at the cafe on the beach road. Fantastic gardens & pools for all ages. We enjoyed our stay & would stay again.
6 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"fantastic location"
The Thavorn is a beautiful location to stay. The hotel is a little dated but we found we were hardly in our room. The rooms are still clean and spacious. The gardens were amazing not only for children but for adults. Our children loved how there are rabbits, chickens and lizards on the grounds. They provide food for chickens and rabbits so kids can feed them. So many pools to choose from. 7 pools from memory. The hotel is right across the rd from the beach with amazing sunsets. You also have a range of shopping and eating only 2 minutes walk from the hotel. The only thing we could fault was the bathroom walls which was made of glass so you could see right through. On the 5th night we found curtains. Lucky we had another 5 nights. Also good for kids but it doesn't have all the play stuff in the pools for the younger ones 2ys to 6yrs. We had 10yrs and 13yrs so they loved it. We still saw young children equally enjoying themselves. The hotel caters for a lot of Russian and European and have translation. Also for Chinese. Overall an amazing experience and finally a holiday where no one wants to go home.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Loo Loo
"Thavorn Palm Beach Resort - Highly Recommended"
Loved staying at the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort. Amazing!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Kaz
"Good for familes with young children"
Near the beach, big beds, nice pools. Had a ground floor unit which was nice and accessible to the pools for my daughter. Could work on the cleanliness of the rooms though. Food bit overpriced. Overall enjoyed our stay and will be back.
4 night family trip Dec 5, 2013
SG
"Nice hotel, but slightly overpriced in my opinion."
Hotel location is very good. Right opposite the beach and about 5 - 10 mins walk left of the hotel to the shops and restaurants. Very nice gardens with roaming rabbits and chickens which my daughter enjoyed patting and feeding... 5 swimming pools with 3 kid pools. 2 kid pools are attached to the big swimming pools, the kid pool in front of the abandoned kid club doesn't seem to be much of use though. Most of the kids are swimming in the big pools... Staffs are on the average friendly except for those during breakfast.. Breakfast is of a good variety, good mix of American continental as well as Asian. Room is of a comfortable size with a big terrace overlooking the pools, gardens and a bit of seaview. The lifts are under renovation during our stay. I wish they consider giving me the first floor rooms instead of the second floor rooms so I don't have to carry my 2 years old up and down the stairs...the first floor rooms is of direct access to the gardens... Bed and pillows are slightly too hard for my preference and we requested for a king size bed but it's actually 2 twin beds combined together.. so you will feel the bump in the middle.. on a overall, the stay was pretty pleasant but average.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
SG
"Good for a relaxing stay."
A nice, relaxed atmosphere and cheerful staff. Presentation was excellent, especially the gardens. Service was generally good but could be a little slow. When we booked it was not clear that there was a busy road between the hotel and the beach and that spoiled things a little.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Simon
"Marvelous Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, Phuket"
Stayed at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort with my wife for 5 nights in April 2013. Stay at the hotel was amazing and unforgettable. Beautifully landscaped gardens, swimming pools and sea beach in front of the hotel provided a natural and wonderful experience. The resort was a perfect place for vacation. Resort staff was cooperative. House keeping was excellent. Buffet breakfast was lavish and full of hygiene. Location of the resort was also good, convenient for shopping. Would love to stay again.
Other trip May 3, 2013
IN

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

酒店後門就是卡倫海灘,所以節約了大量時間去海灘遊玩,只需要在每日下午5點,拿著浴巾,走到海灘,看著夕陽,就已經足夠漂亮
2 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2016
SHING KAI
HK
總體感覺還不錯
1 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2016
SHING KAI
HK
"Хочу вернуться снова в отель Thavorn Palm Beach"
Отель оставил самые лучшие впечатления, тк была воозможность сравнить с другими отелями на других пляжах . Расположение отеля очень удачное. Пляж через дорогу 100 м. Понравилось , что на дороге стоит регулировщик и помогает перейти , тк движение бывает интенсивным. Территория отеля очень зеленая, ухоженная, бассейны чистят от листьев и цветов. Номер у меня был Делюкс с видом на море и бассейн. Уборка в номере нормальная, постельное белье и полотенца чистые отличного качества. Очень много принадлежностей для душа, лица, отличные успокаивающие лосьоны для тела после пребывания на солнце.Понравился балкон удобный, широкий со столиком и креслами. Прекрасный вид сверху с 4 этажа. Удобные лифты. И вообще вся планировка отеля сделана для удобства отдыхающих , в т.ч. инвалидов -колясочников и для взрослых с детьми на колясках: удобные переходы, не скользкие дорожки, наличие поручней, удобные лестницы в бассейне, и даже пологий спуск в одном из бассейнов. Имела возможность сама лично все это оценить, тк была травма ноги. Наличие русскоговорящего персонала и внимательное отношение решило многие проблемы , связанные с травмой. В общем и целом рекомендую этот отель. хотелось бы вернуться вновь в этот райский уголок.
5 night trip Mar 29, 2016
eleonora
RU
"Неплохо, но хочется, чтобы было лучше."
В отеле второй раз. Хронически не хватает лежаков и зонтов у бассейнов. При полном отсутствии какого-нибудь сервиса на берегу моря через дорогу от отеля, это портит впечатление от отдыха. Возможно, стоит сместить акценты и уделить внимание организации комфортного пляжного отдыха постояльцев отеля. В номерах отеля мебель,некоторые элементы сантехники намекают на необходимость замены.
14 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
NATALIIA
RU
"Thaimaan tasoon nähden OK hotelli"
Ensivaikutelma oli hyvä, pihalla juoksi eläimiä vapaina (kaneja, lintuja, kilpikonna yms.). Alkujuomat tarjottiin. Ensimmäinen miinus tuli, kun meille sanottiin että huoneemme on valmiina 20 min. kuluttua. Tämä tarkoitti kuitenkin tuntia. Pitkän matkan jälkeen oli puuduttavaa istua tunti vastaanotossa odottamassa. Hotellin puutarha ja piha-alue useine uima-altaineen oli suuri ja kaunis. Uima-altaiden vedenpinta oli kuitenkin niin alhaalla, ettei vesi päässyt kiertämään suodatukseen. Sairastuin matkan loppupuolella shigella bakteeriin ja epäilen vahvasti saaneeni sen juurikin uima-altaan vedestä. Aamupala oli kattava ja kohtuu hyvä. Myös hotellin sijainti rannan välittömässä läheisyydessä oli iso etu. Huoneen päivittäisen siivouksen sai vaihtaa päiväkohtaisesti etukuponkiin, ko. kuponki edellytti kuitenkin suuremmalla rahamäärällä ostamista ja tästä jäi hiukan huono mieli. Huone oli perustasoinen, kulumaa oli maalipinnoissa ja suihkun silikoneissa oli hometta, mutta vain vähän. Huoneesta antaisin 3,5/5.
9 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
FI
"Skønt hotel og område, fantastiske dage på Thavorn"
Fint hotel i botanisk have og perfekt strand. Alt fungerede. Perfekt morgenmad. Skønt værelse på 3 sal med skøn teresse og fantastisk udsigt og solnedgang. Tilpads gå afstand til forretninger, resturanter m.m.Dejligt stille område.Wi fi fungerede fint på værelset.
3 night romance trip Mar 1, 2016
Anne-Mette
DK
"FØRSTEKLASSES 5 STJERNES HOTEL MED PARADISISK HAGE"
Førsteklasses hotell med stor vakker(paradisisk) hage med 3 bassenger. Stranden er noen meter unna( må krysse en vei) Hyggelig betjening Fine rom-husk å bestille DE-LUX ROM+ HAGE-BASSENG UTSIKT rom som er LITT dyrere- men verdt det. Får da i nyere del . Anbefales alle
8 night romance trip Feb 25, 2016
Нашли этот отель самостоятельно, исключительно из-за месторасположения. Находится в непосредственной близости (через дорогу) от моря. Пляж безупречен и роскошен. Изучили все пляжи Пхукета. Пляж Карон действительно отличается скрипучим белым песком и лазурным чистейшим морем. Расположение очень удачное для любителей спокойного несуетливого времяпрепровождения. Отель имеет огромную территорию,5 бассейнов, множество скульптур, фонтанчиков...некий Нонг-Нуч Пхукетовского розлива)). Контингент, в основном, за 40...Русских достаточно, но еще больше иностранных пенсионеров... Бассейны оккупируют с ночи, занимая лежаки и укладывая на них полотенца с каменюками)) Напоминает советский санаторий, особенно за завтраком. Кстати завтрак на открытом воздухе, некое подобие веранды, продуваемой со всех сторон. Мухи, птицы, сквозняк... Далеко от всего - магазинов, обзорных точек, развлечений..Скучно.Нас спасала только арендованная машина.Вернёмся в этот отель в 75 лет...и тогда это будет рай)) Номера небольшие. У нас был с видом на бассейн. Ванны нет, только душ. Обслуживание обычное.Вода, чайные принадлежности, wi-fi. Все как большинстве современных отелей, даже в двух *. В общем, кроме расположения ничего выдающегося. Завышенная цена за обычное качество. Можно найти отель такого же уровня, но с более низкой ценовой политикой. В общем, друзья,встретимся там только в 75 лет))
9 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
Galina
RU
"Très bien mais prendre une chambre haut de gamme"
Nous avons passé une semaine dans cet hotel avec mon mari ! Tout d'abord le complexe est très beau , belle réception , jardin,fleurs ,magnifiques , plusieurs piscines superbes!!! Juste la rue à traverser et on est sur une superbe plage !! Le bémol c'est que nous avons eu une chambre tout au bout du bâtiment ,qui donnait sur la rue , vu sur les commerçants , câbles électriques apparant , et rue bruyante, nous avons immédiatement demander à changer et pas de soucis on nous a mis dans une autre chambre vu sur le jardin !! Sympa , seulement cette chambre est près d'un l'hôtel qui donnait derrière donc nous avions le bruit et l'odeur de la cheminée des cuisines de cet hotel !!! Plus les climatisations très bruyantes des chambres au dessus de nous !! La salle de bains très petite et surtout un rideau de douche un peu moisit en bas qui fait que la chambre n'est pas à la hauteur du très beau complexe !!! Nous avons été déçu qu'il n'y ai aucune animation , le soir le bar de la piscine fermer et le bar dans la piscine jamais ouvert , seul les italiens de Veratour ont eu le droit à de l'animation !! Nous avons tout de même passez un très bon séjour , le petit déjeuner du matin était très bien , il faut juste penser à prévoir des boules quies pour dormir ( à cause du bruit des climatisations ) prendre une chambre Deluxe pour avoir une belle chambre et vue ! Les restaurants sont proches Nous y reviendrons mais demanderons et prendrons une chambre Deluxe
6 night romance trip Feb 6, 2016
sandrine
FR
"Potential att nå längre"
Hotellet har potential men utnyttjar den dåligt. Jättefint poolområde och 100 meter till Karonstranden. Servicen är ok men utan engagemang. I hotellträdgården, som är mycket vacker, håller man vilda fåglar fångade i repstumpar och burar mitt i stekande solsken. Den nedsänkta Poolbaren inte bemannad mestadels av tiden. Handdukar på solstol innan åtta annars blir du utan!
7 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Lars
SE
Fantastiskt hotellområde med fräscha rum. Tyvärr var servicen under förväntan och barnen fick betala 650 bath/frukost.
3 night trip with friends Dec 22, 2015
SE
酒店很适合度假放松
5 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
hang
CN
"Dinlenmek icin harika..."
Harika bir konum,Deniz,konfor.Çok yakın şirin bir kasaba temiz ve bakımlı.Burasını çok beğendik.Yılbasında kalmak isterdik ama fiyatlar üç katına çıkıyor.
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015