All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
66 Park Ave, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Family vacation in NYC"
Nice stay. For us it was a family vacation in NYC so walking distance to 5th AV and public transportation was important. The whole family enjoyed The Kitano.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Miguel
"New York 4th trip- Bar problem"
Overall very nice. Only one problem of note. The bar is used as a nice local Jazz Club on Saturday night. This would be fine except they wanted to charge a $30 cover charge even for hotel customers, so guests had no place to get a quick drink while waiting on other members of the group to gather, This was certainly a negative that management should be able to quickly fix with just a little thought.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Ranger Fan
"weekend get away"
Excellent location; wonderful staff; ate lunch in Jazz restaurant - very good. Two things I would change: softness of mattresses and staying on a mixed floor (smoking and non-smoking) during weekend. The mattresses were all replaced recently according to the front desk. After the first night, way too soft a mattress, we asked for a bed board to be placed below mattress. Seemed to help. Next time I will ask for TWO bed boards. Also we accepted (my fault...the front desk gave us the choice) of staying on a "mixed" floor as we arrived around noon to check in. Mistake on my part: I will only accept a non-smoking floor next time. Bottom line: I will definitely stay here again but with this knowledge and changes.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Smitty
"An excellent choice of hotels"
I have nothing but positives. They up-graded us to a executive suite while maintaining the two double beds. The staff was exceptionally receptive and courteous. Only negative was they were having cable TV issues. I would stay there again without any hesitation at all. A very pleasant experience
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Mo
"Great hotel - nice, quiet and clean."
Stayed at the Kitano for two nights. It was a great stay - the hotel was really quiet, so I slept well and savored the peace. The location is great - 5 minute walk to Grand Central. Would recommend this hotel to a friend.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Clean, quiet, comfy, great location over park ave, nice decor/atmosphere
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Wonderful stay!"
The room was very pleasant and large! The front desk staff was kind and professional - even sent up a fruit plate. Will stay here again.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
This is the second visit to Kitano. Visiting for wedding in NYC
Other trip May 19, 2014
"excellent hotel"
top notch service
1 night trip May 7, 2014
mina
"Overall a Great Hotel"
This hotel was really nice, very close to Grand Central and far enough from Times Square to be quiet at night! The hotel staff was professional, not overly nice, but very professional!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Tiffany
"Very good botique hotel"
Nice hotel with modest on site services. There's no coffee shop in the lobby or athletic facility on site which I like, but, in NYC, those things are just around every corner. Very nice hotel in a great location on Park Avenue.
3 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"5 minute walk from Grand Central. Quiet hotel"
Overall, a good stay. I had a large, lovely room with a view of the Empire State building. The only bad thing was that there were long dark hairs plastered on the shower wall. Other than that, the room was very clean.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Kris
"Terrific Hotel with location location location"
This is a terrific hotel. Very convenient location to everything in Midtown. Rooms are very quiet. Beds were so comfortable. Nice bathroom. The staff is very customer focused - friendly and helpful. Grand Central Terminal is 4 short blocks away. I will definitely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
Weekend Visitor
"Very good location."
Staff was very friendly and helpful. When checking in, the manager upgraded our rooms to executive suites. Jazz bar in the hotel was a very nice place to have a drink at the end of the night.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
TL
"nice hotel"
room is small but acceptable.very nice service and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
ken
"Nice hotel good location"
Easy check in, clean, relatively quiet, nice staff
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
margaret
"Older NYC Jazz Lovers Stay at Hotel"
For years we have been coming to Jazz at the Kitano. Gino Moratti runs an excellent club and books first rate musicians. To start celebrating our 50th anniversary we stayed overnight after hearing two good sets on Saturday. Without asking we were upgraded to a junior suite. Liked the energy saving features, quiet spaciousness. Location is wonderful. Staff are always gracious. Food in jazz club and dining room is very good. Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet had good musicians. Very nice gift shop. Next to small appealing Scandinavian Museum which has fine restaurant and two gift shops.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Ny place"
The hotel is. Few blocks from Grand Central Station . The rooms are not tremendous but always clean and comfortable! Also very quiet!
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"The Kitano is an oasis!"
We love the Japanese aesthetic and the high level of service at the Kitano. It reminded us of when we lived in Japan. Many of the visitors staying there are from Japan, and so the whole place has an elegant and subdued vibe. The place is a real oasis in the noisy, frenetic city. An added plus are the Japanese TV stations. From start of finish, it was a great experience. On our second night there there were some noisy oafs in the room next door: they were shouting, blasting loud music, and I think they were throwing furniture around. It was that bad. I called the front desk and she said security would contact them. Amazing: it all stopped about two minutes later and we never heard a peep from them again.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Beth
"Business and pleasure"
Very conveniently located to many places of interest. Will stay here again on my next NYC trip.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"Great location. Lose the attitude."
Concierge seemed somewhat put out by requests. Seemed like the second (male) concierge was still in training and his "trainer" was less than courteous. Pre arrival requests were not honoured. Great location very close to Grand central Station and theater district.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"Hot!"
We liked the room but it was FAR too hot and we couldn't adjust the thermostat. Not enough hot water for baths and room service food was ghastly. Great location, staff were friendly and helpful and we were otherwise pleased. Wished they had fresh coffee in the rooms.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
louise
"Nice hotel with great staff."
Hotel was a good size with king size bed. The best features were in the bathroom with upgrades such as heated toilet (great for being in NY cold weather during Jan.) and large tub you could soak in. The room was always clean and the staff very courteous to when you would be in the room or out. Our room had a good 10th floor view of Park Ave and a church across the street. The only down side was with the heating of the room. There are only two settings, winter and summer, and three levels, Hi Lo Med. This would mean during our winter stay it sometimes took a little bit to warm the room up. All said and done, we enjoyed our stay in the hotel and only wished that the pillow were better, they were too soft for our liking.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Darko
"Small, sophisticated touches"
I had stayed here twice before in the 1980's. Not only is the service still good, the looks of the place have been transformed for the better. And the location cannot be beat.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Rheta
"Close to MSG and 5th Avenue shopping"
Great, as usual
3 night business trip Dec 18, 2013
Zin-doc
"pre Christmas family trip"
My husband and I stayed here once before and liked it enough to stay again. we were visiting our daughter who lives in Manhattan. The location is good and the hotel is very nice. we love the heated toilet seats and there is a wonderful Italian restaurant minutes away that serves delicious food and good drinks at a reasonable rate.
4 night family trip Dec 16, 2013
"Kitano NY"
Clean, efficient hotel in a great location. The rooms are relatively small and basic! Could use an update. The pillows on the bed were horrible and strangely small. They actually caused me to sleep poorly while there. The bathroom was nice and spacious. No room service after 11pm was unexpected.
4 night trip Dec 9, 2013
Stephen
"Nice Japanese style hotel"
It is a small and quiet hotel. Everything runs fine in a kind of Japanese effectiveness. It reminded me of my trip to Japan. Expensive restaurant but great food.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Joan
"Truly Wounderful Hotel"
Frequent NYC vistor, but my first time at Kitano Hotel. All staff were helpful and rated first class - from front desk to doormen. Both restaurants were exceptional. Primere room exceeded our expections in comfort and size. Sundary Jazz Brunch with Tony Middleton was a highlight of our week.I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
GE
"so close to everything"
Loved the bathroom!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
M R D
"You can use Japanese."
All of front staff are Japanese, and they can speak Japanese and English. Therefore, you Japanese don't worry about language.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"The perfect retreat from the NYC Beat!"
My daughter and i travelled to NYC to celebrate her 16th birthday. I usually stay at the Waldorf, but wanted to try something different. The Kitano is located on Park Avenue, walking distance from shopping and only a 3 minute walk to Grand Central Station, the springboard to everywhere else. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the staff is professional and gracious. Starbuck's is within a block to start off every morning adventure. The reward for a very full day of shopping, museum treks and theatre delights, is the return to a quiet neighborhood, a quiet room, with a lovely bath and a dreamy bed. The noise of Times square is unbearable and i did not want to hear the din rising up 20 floors or more, so the Kitano provided the perfect antidote to the screal of the crowds. We will most certainly return to The Kitano Hotel.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
stacie
"Superb service in all respects"
I enjoyed my stay at The Kitano. It is expensive but the quality of the service is very, very high. Worth the splurge.
3 night trip Oct 14, 2013
"awesome place to stay!"
awesome place to stay!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Compared to the chain hotels, the Kitano is small and friendly. Located on Park Avenue and 38th, its close to major points of interest. Excellent service and the room was impeccable. Only small annoyance is the lack of good coffee in the room. Highly recommend it!.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Surprisingly good value for the money."
Lobby is handsome and open. Rooms are very nicely decorated and fresh. There is a pleasant Japanese cultural overtone to all the amenities. The staff is polite and helpful.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Excellent hotel in Midtown"
Very impressed with the room sizes, one of the few hotels in NYC with smoking floors. Rooms are clean, loads of amenities and the staff is very accommodating. I would stay at the Kitano on my next visit to New York. The location is excellent.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Motti
"calm oasis"
We would not usually have stayed at such a pricy hotel, but bad planning left us with few choices. That said, it was a lovely place, and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. The desk staff were lovely but the concierge was a bit gruff and not very helpful. The toilet with its heated seat and "front and rear cleansing operations" was a novelty that we didn't quite work out how to master! But the huge bathroom was wonderful, and the room just great. I do not understand why any hotels (especially the 4 star expensive ones) feel it is necessary to charge $10 or so per day for internet connectivity in the rooms. This seems outrageous to me.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Beautiful hotel"
Great experience on Park Ave. Comfort, cleanliness and hospitalitity
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Centrally located"
I've stayed at the Kitano many many times and I'm always completely satisfied with my stay....... One thing I love is the special tipple pained windows that keep all the noise out. I slept like a bear!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"A peaceful quiet hotel for family of 4"
Our new go-to hotel in NYC. The largest and cleanest room we've ever encountered in the city. Very quiet, the best night of sleep we've had in a long time. Close to Grand Central, so we could pick up the subway and get to anywhere we needed to go. Safe neighborhood.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Blakes
The Kitano was great. Everyone helpful and room was ideal. They could do a better job on valet parking upon arrival otherwise stay there again in a minute
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
lovely hotel entrance. great customer service. cleaning people were extremely polite and thanked us for their gift (money left in room) would definite stay there again. thought the lounge was very nice but it required a $25 cover charge and then need to spend $15 extr per person. Recommend Kitano has a lounge where the customers can get a drink without having to pay a cover charge. of course we are aware there was a jazz band but then Kitano should offer another area where customers can just get a alcoholic drink. We had to go to a bar around the corner at 10:30 pm.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"good hotel for Japanese."
As hotelstaffs are mainly Japanese,it was good for us.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Ken
"A very well run, quiet 4 star in Murray Hill"
I often choose to stay at the Kitano when I stay in midtown. The hotel is lovely with well appointed and spacious rooms. (I always book a premier room, so I can't attest to the size of the standard rooms.) The staff is invariably helpful, patient, and efficient. The hotel is reasonably priced for Manhattan- and sometimes cheaper than comparable hotels if booked a bit in advance. The Murray Hill location is not Soho or Chelsea but it is close to the wonderful Bryant Park, the Morgan Library, and Grand Central. It is an easy down hill walk to the thriving areas to the south (Madison Park, the Flat Iron District, Union Square, Gramercy) and about a 20 minutes walk to Times Square, MOMA and other attractions of Midtown. It is only four blocks from Grand Central, so hopping a subway to just about anywhere in New York is only a short walk away.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Rich
"Very serene location and atmosphere"
Very serene location and atmosphere
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"serene location, if seeking for quite park ave loc"
everythiing is great except for the doormen; they don't normally open the main doors.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2013
"Nice but could do a bit better"
Nice room but the mattress was a bit well used on the side that I wanted to sleep on. Also, the bathtub drain was slow to empty.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Barry
"Three nights, second time staying"
Hotel is very nice and a quiet respite from the hustle of city. The employees are rather cool and curt, but maybe that is the Japanese way.
3 night trip May 31, 2013
"jewel of a hotel"
My second time here and can't wait to stay again. Serene vibe from the minute you walk into the beautiful marble lobby, to your extremely comfortable, clean, lovely and spacious room. Very quiet and great feature - the doors have a delayed closing feature, so they never slam! Love the Japanese 'washlets' - toilets that cleanse! So relaxing and comfortable - the room layout great, with bathroom around the corner from bedroom - great when my husband was getting ready to leave at 5:30 am! I was sleeping, undisturbed. This place is a jewel!
2 night business trip May 14, 2013