All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
66 Park Ave, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice staff and location"
Japanese restaurant Hakubai served excellent Japanese foods. Also staffs was very kind and warm.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"If you like electronic bidets ..."
Yes, electronic bidets. Is that not laughable? But you would think a hotel that has something as ridiculous as an electronic bidet with a wide range of settings for something virtually no one would use could install thermostats with numeric settings. Better yet, a thermostat that worked. I had to resort to opening the windows and letting in the icy air to cool the room. The room was either excessively cool or excessively hot. To the hotel: invest some money on room comfort and not butt cleansing.
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Esthetic, quiet and centralized"
Very Esthetic. Clean. central. great service. Overall very good experience
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Girls weekend"
Everything was great : the room, the staff, the heated toilet seat . The only down side was that there was no refrigerator in the room to keep bottles of water. The fridge only had hotel snacks and alcohol which was very expensive. Other than that the location was walking distance to GCT and access to all subways. We had a great time!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
melissa
"Japanese wonderful"
I had lost my wallet right before checkin and the staff was so helpful, courteous and sympathetic. I was amazed when the next morning, they had removed the breakfast from my bill. I love the Kitano and would eagerly return.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
I am a Japanese and I really enjoyed staying there. The entrance is well decorated and gave me an impression of welcoming. I also enjoyed the restaurant, sushi. I had chirashi sushi which was as good as the one I had it in Japan three years ago. I would like to come back in Spring or Fall to enjoy the N.Y. city also.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Takashi
"Very nice hotel in NYC"
Very nice hotel, clean, comfortable room...very good service
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Weekend in NY"
Excellent stay for NY. Rooms are relatively large and the service is uniformly good.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
John D
"Birthday weekend in NYC"
I did a lot of research for my trip and asked a lot if friends for recommendations. My pick was the Kitano. The front desk staff was amazing. We arrived very early on the day of our check in. They tried everything to get us an early check in. When they did, they also upgraded our room at no charge. The rooms are larger than normal for a New York City hotel. I originally upgraded to a premier room. The junior suite was so spacious and lovely. The amenities are second to none. The hotel is one block from Grand Central Station. We walked everywhere from this location. We were so happy with this hotel! We are already planning our next trip, and will definitely stay at the Kitano again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Sophie
"Nice Park Avneue Location"
Hotel was lovely but two complaints. Most of the time, there was no doorman and doors are very heavy. When carrying packages -- or even just coffee -- it was difficult to get in and out. Also, there were not enough convenient outlets in room to charge phones, iPads, etc.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
"Hidden Gem on the East Side"
7 day Stay. Spacious rooms with big windows. Great staff. Attention to detail - almost a Japanese experience (popular with Japanese Tourists and Businessman judging by the people I saw in the Elevator each day)
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Andy
Great low key hotel in midtown - clean and comfortable. Extra charge for wi-fi is annoying. Also bottles of water free of charge would be welcome.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
lkfrgoodhotels
"Christmas Holiday 2014"
Every staff member from the conceirge to the room cleaners, the front desk, the bell captain, and most important - the bar staff - was genuinely friendly and helpful. Please give the bar staff our compliments and best wishes for the New Year, and tell them maybe next time we can make it to a jazz session. The staff learns your name quickly and calls you by it the rest of your stay.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Marion
Great location, just around the corner from the JP Morgan library/museum.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great hotel. Service fantastic."
Very people friendly hotel/staff. Bathrooms luxurious. Rooms extremely clean with pleasant odor. Will definitely stay again.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
liz
"Back again for Duke basketball in NY."
As usual, it was great. Relaxing and quiet. Fantastic Japanese Restaurant. Missed the old Japanese style breakfast, always was calming for the coming day. Walking distance to the Second Avenue Deli- so foods not available at home can be convenient in a two day stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice quiet midtown location"
Clean and comfortable. Japanese attention to detail. Overall a good value . Did not like paying for wi-fi.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Bob and kathy
"Excellent hotel and location"
Very nice hotel, staff were amazing very attentive to our needs. The hotel is very close to all the attractions, but is located in a very quiet and clean area. Would definitely go back!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
claudia
"enjoyed this hotel"
Our usual hotel was way overpriced for this weekend, so we chose the Kitano, and it worked out very nicely. Our room was nice and quiet and the bathroom was quite large, perhaps because it was for the handicapped?
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Very nice hotel close to Grand Central."
This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. I am very pleased!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Superb, unusually quiet boutique hotel in Midtown"
Wonderful. This is an elegant small hotel in Murray Hill. Our CEO had raved about it and suggested I stay there when we were in NYC together for a business trip. I was impressed with the place. The room was the quietest I have ever stayed in while in Manhattan. I got a free room upgrade to a big corner room. The bathroom was unbelievable -- large and well appointed. The staff were kind and a bit reserved, as to be expected in a Japanese place; the Japanese restaurant was first-rate. The bar was nice, and the jazz trio was superb, though the waiter seemed a bit impatient. I have often felt stressed while visiting NYC, and this was the first time my lodgings actually rejuvenated me. I will stay here again soon.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Jonathan
"Very comfortable mid-town hotel."
Very smooth experience. Jazz club on lobby floor a nice relaxing quieter evening choice.
Maine traveler
"Very nice"
Exceptional hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Nice but i had hoped for more"
After years of walking by the Kitano while in nyc on business, i had always thought it would be unique and special as a premier japanese run hotel. So on a whim, i gave up my status on hyatt - upgrades, etc in order to try japanese luxury. The flower arrangement in the lobby was amazing. Very courteous staff. Room needs remodeling. Where are the high end electronics? What about a great japanese room service menu for late arrivals? The toilet is fairly modern with waterjets and dryer. Checkout jammed Same amazing flower arrangement. I should have taken a picture
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice Clean Comfortable Place to Stay in NYC"
A pleasant smallish quiet hotel in midtown Manhattan. The room was impeccable.
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Jack
"Great service,"
Always reliable. My go-to hotel in Murray Hill.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
A very pleasant, clean and outstanding hotel. We booked online and didn't know what we would find in coming to this hotel but it was excellent in all ways.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"This hotel is like a paradise for Japanese"
I had a mistake of reservation, but the hotel person she is Japanese solved the problem. So I appreciate very much. I had a lot of excuse, because I can explain by Japanese. The hotel facilities are wonderful, especially shower toilet is very good for me. Other things are perfect. Anyway everything is better than I expected.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Our stay at the Kitano"
Conveniently located near Grand Central Station. Quiet street. In a safe area.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Awesome room, friendly staff, I will stay here again
"Family vacation in NYC"
Nice stay. For us it was a family vacation in NYC so walking distance to 5th AV and public transportation was important. The whole family enjoyed The Kitano.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Miguel
"New York 4th trip- Bar problem"
Overall very nice. Only one problem of note. The bar is used as a nice local Jazz Club on Saturday night. This would be fine except they wanted to charge a $30 cover charge even for hotel customers, so guests had no place to get a quick drink while waiting on other members of the group to gather, This was certainly a negative that management should be able to quickly fix with just a little thought.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Ranger Fan
"weekend get away"
Excellent location; wonderful staff; ate lunch in Jazz restaurant - very good. Two things I would change: softness of mattresses and staying on a mixed floor (smoking and non-smoking) during weekend. The mattresses were all replaced recently according to the front desk. After the first night, way too soft a mattress, we asked for a bed board to be placed below mattress. Seemed to help. Next time I will ask for TWO bed boards. Also we accepted (my fault...the front desk gave us the choice) of staying on a "mixed" floor as we arrived around noon to check in. Mistake on my part: I will only accept a non-smoking floor next time. Bottom line: I will definitely stay here again but with this knowledge and changes.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Smitty
"An excellent choice of hotels"
I have nothing but positives. They up-graded us to a executive suite while maintaining the two double beds. The staff was exceptionally receptive and courteous. Only negative was they were having cable TV issues. I would stay there again without any hesitation at all. A very pleasant experience
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Mo
"Great hotel - nice, quiet and clean."
Stayed at the Kitano for two nights. It was a great stay - the hotel was really quiet, so I slept well and savored the peace. The location is great - 5 minute walk to Grand Central. Would recommend this hotel to a friend.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Clean, quiet, comfy, great location over park ave, nice decor/atmosphere
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Wonderful stay!"
The room was very pleasant and large! The front desk staff was kind and professional - even sent up a fruit plate. Will stay here again.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
This is the second visit to Kitano. Visiting for wedding in NYC
Other trip May 19, 2014
"excellent hotel"
top notch service
1 night trip May 7, 2014
mina
"Overall a Great Hotel"
This hotel was really nice, very close to Grand Central and far enough from Times Square to be quiet at night! The hotel staff was professional, not overly nice, but very professional!
Other trip May 9, 2014
Tiffany
"Very good botique hotel"
Nice hotel with modest on site services. There's no coffee shop in the lobby or athletic facility on site which I like, but, in NYC, those things are just around every corner. Very nice hotel in a great location on Park Avenue.
3 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"5 minute walk from Grand Central. Quiet hotel"
Overall, a good stay. I had a large, lovely room with a view of the Empire State building. The only bad thing was that there were long dark hairs plastered on the shower wall. Other than that, the room was very clean.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Kris
"Terrific Hotel with location location location"
This is a terrific hotel. Very convenient location to everything in Midtown. Rooms are very quiet. Beds were so comfortable. Nice bathroom. The staff is very customer focused - friendly and helpful. Grand Central Terminal is 4 short blocks away. I will definitely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
Weekend Visitor
"Very good location."
Staff was very friendly and helpful. When checking in, the manager upgraded our rooms to executive suites. Jazz bar in the hotel was a very nice place to have a drink at the end of the night.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
TL
"nice hotel"
room is small but acceptable.very nice service and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
ken
"Nice hotel good location"
Easy check in, clean, relatively quiet, nice staff
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
margaret
"Older NYC Jazz Lovers Stay at Hotel"
For years we have been coming to Jazz at the Kitano. Gino Moratti runs an excellent club and books first rate musicians. To start celebrating our 50th anniversary we stayed overnight after hearing two good sets on Saturday. Without asking we were upgraded to a junior suite. Liked the energy saving features, quiet spaciousness. Location is wonderful. Staff are always gracious. Food in jazz club and dining room is very good. Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet had good musicians. Very nice gift shop. Next to small appealing Scandinavian Museum which has fine restaurant and two gift shops.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Ny place"
The hotel is. Few blocks from Grand Central Station . The rooms are not tremendous but always clean and comfortable! Also very quiet!
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"The Kitano is an oasis!"
We love the Japanese aesthetic and the high level of service at the Kitano. It reminded us of when we lived in Japan. Many of the visitors staying there are from Japan, and so the whole place has an elegant and subdued vibe. The place is a real oasis in the noisy, frenetic city. An added plus are the Japanese TV stations. From start of finish, it was a great experience. On our second night there there were some noisy oafs in the room next door: they were shouting, blasting loud music, and I think they were throwing furniture around. It was that bad. I called the front desk and she said security would contact them. Amazing: it all stopped about two minutes later and we never heard a peep from them again.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Beth
"Business and pleasure"
Very conveniently located to many places of interest. Will stay here again on my next NYC trip.
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014