All hotels in Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
1816 Hillandale Rd, Durham, NC, 27705, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"Nice downtown hotel"
Hotel was clean, nice location. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Was looking for a house...."
We have been there twice..And we will go back....The staff was great,and very helpful...
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Evelyn
"Close to Duke Cancer Center"
We arrived early; tired from the drive, so we asked about an early check in. We were told we could check in around 2:30 pm. So we drove around for a while and arrived back at the motel a little before 3 pm. We were told the room wasn't ready. There was some issue with the bed sheets. We waited until 4:30 and were told that the pillow cases were not ready for the beds. Shortly thereafter we said we didn't care about the pillowcases and we were allowed to go to our room. Pillowcases were brought to the room about 15 minutes later.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Awful on many different levels"
My young kids and I needed to stay in hotel because of a backed up water line at our house and were looking for one close to us and the kids' schools. We booked the Comfort Inn through Expedia and went to check in around 7 pm. Upon showing the desk clerk my ID she informed me that we couldn't stay there because we lived within a 20 mile radius of the hotel and they had had problems with people who lived in Durham (they actually had a sign on the counter explaining this). I showed my Expedia confirmation and she said that didn't matter. I explained it was late, we really needed a room because our water was out, and that this seemed like discrimination, and that didn't matter either. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told we could stay "but only for one night". They were incredibly rude, but I just wanted to get my kids some rest. Once in the room I tried to take a bath, but the tub stopper wasn't working and let the water slowly drain even in the plugged position. Then we found that the knob for the ac/hvac system was broken. We called the front desk who said they would send someone to look at it, but never did. After a night in a stuffy room, we awoke to a breakfast of stale breads, bad coffee, and a blaring tv in the breakfast room. The people within twenty miles of the hotel that they randomly refuse to serve should feel lucky.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Carolyn
"Very comfortable bed and clean room!"
The room was excellent. Very clean and a great bed. The breakfast was as good as any continental!
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"Good for the money we spent"
One of the hotel elevator wasn't working the day we checked on and wasn't fixed till we checked put. We styled for four days.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Clean and good price, but the AC is noisy."
Clean and good price, but the AC is on/off very frequently and very noisy.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"Great choice for our travel plans."
The room we stayed at had been renovated and the bed was comfortable. I had a good night sleep. We arrived at 10, just passing through and needed a place to rest before continuing on. The breakfast was convenient so we were able to get back on the road ASAP. Cereals, the waffle maker, pastries and breads, juice and of course coffee. No protein but none was expected. Glad we stayed here and will do it again when doing the same trajectory. Service was adequate. There is a little room for improvement here and there and would have given it a 4.5 if available for overall rating.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
rooms showed lack of detail in cleaning, lamp was broken we stayed in the same room a month ago the shower rod was broken then and it still had not been fixed, all the vending machines would not accept any money and there was no where to get anything to drink or eat< beds as always are good but overall the maintenance of the hotel is going down hill, we stay there often and we have noticed a decline in upkeep but the staff is friendly Angel who checked us in is super she is a very good representative of the business friendly and very professional
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Ralph
"Central, convenient if you are driving"
The staff at the counter was very polite and helpful. The lady that greeted me was very friendly.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Pris
The hotel was very nice.........This is my 10th time to stay their because a nice place to stay and so close to DUKE
1 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Linda Lee Chandler
"Do NOT stay here..."
We did not like our stay at this hotel, our shower drain was clogged and when we requested it to be fixed we were told that they weren't sure if the maintenance crew would be able to get to it...they never did (we stayed 3 nights). They told us they would change our room but seeing as we were organizing a wedding we never had time to repack our suitcases and actually do this...plus I really wasn't sure that the problem wouldn't be the same in the next room. On our second day there we came back to take very quick showers from work clothes to wedding clothes only to find that the cleaning crew had given us only one towel. We immediately called the front desk asking for more to be brought up - and were informed that they were doing laundry and that the front desk didn't have any extra but that she would have housekeeping bring some up - they never came. The room was noisy - the traffic from the highway was very audible from our room and while the make your own waffles were decent (you can really only blame yourself if you don't cook your waffle correctly) the coffee was HORRIBLE, and the eggs that were advertised? Precooked hard-boiled eggs in a package - looked very scary. Overall I would say the service was terrible, the hotel amenities were even worse and that we would never stay there again - even if it was free.
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Liz
"Horrible"
I am not going to type some long thing so all I have to say is the MOTEL is from the 70s the staff was rude, and I will never stay in a comfort in never again!
1 night trip Dec 3, 2013
Desk clerk had no personality at all.....
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"Great Price, Relatively good stay"
I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights, for a recent business trip. The hotel is relatively clean and in good condition with the exception of the Elevators. During the last day of my stay I was stuck in the elevator at the rear of the hotel, for about 5-6 minutes because the buttons to tell it which floor to stop at didn't line up with where I went. I eventually decided to take the stairs but the doors wouldn't open fully. After a while I was able to force the doors open and leave. The room was clean, breakfast was good and for the $49/night I was pleased overall.
4 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
Jeremy
"weird"
wasnt the best stay! the room was overall clean, but not the best. There was a horrible smell in the entire building and the service desk worker as me why i choose that comfrt inn, because it wasnt the best, which speaks alot for itself.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Comfort Inn :)"
My partner and I REALLY enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be coming back every time we need somewhere to stay in Durham for our romantic getaways!
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2013
Brianica
Very nice room for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
Ryan
"Great value for the Money!"
Excellent value... especially by the time you factor in the morning breakfast - which was really good. Staff was very friendly. I was on crutches for this trip and they went out of their way to accommodate and help where they could. Super close to the DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) -- which is why we were there / to see a show. The late check-out the next day at 12 Noon was perfect. Super fun!
1 night trip Nov 5, 2013
"Not your typical Comfort Inn"
This hotel was a dump in my opinion. I haven't stayed in such a poorly maintained hotel in years. Two drawers were broken, the shower wouldn't drain, stained carpet that was coming up, a door that you had to shove with your shoulder to open, ... And to top it all off, our car was hit and badly damaged in the parking lot. But signs display no liability to the Comfort Inn and the perpetrator just drove away leaving their car parts broken on the ground. We'll never stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Rooms were old and musty
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
Laurie
"Nice hotel for the price.I was very pleased"
The room was really clean it was big the continental breakfast was great. The staff and maintenance crew were really friendly
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
Brandon
"Adequate but not great"
Staff at the front desk was overwhelmed with a line of people waiting to check in. Room was OK and they were able to give us connecting rooms so my elderly mother-in-law felt secure in her own room. However, fan was very noisy and made it difficult to hear or sleep for that matter. We got a good value on-line, but I would have paid a little more for a better night of sleep
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
pb0815
"On vacation"
My stay was welcome and friendly. My room very comfortable and clean. If I would change anything, I would have loved for a mini refrigerator to keep my water cold. Overall my stay was very comfortable. Thank you, Cheryl Duskin
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Comfortable stay"
It was nothing to write home about. The room was clean although it smelled like old cigarettes. The breakfast was what one could expect from a continental, the service was friendly.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
"construction zone"
hotel under construction. Deadbolt on door did not work.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Perfect Except"
Our first room was right above a smoking room. It was horrible until the next day when we moved. They need to move the smoking section!
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Not bad but..."
Wasn't that bad, room was very clean which is a big plus. Really wasnt much close by but was right next to the interstate so easy to get around to other places. I called to ask about an item I forget in the room and housekeeping said they didnt find it even though I am positive I left it there.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"Needs an EXTERMINATOR!"
Room was satisfactory with the exception of the unintended roommate! My son was held hostage in the bathroom by a HUGH roach/palmetto bug that flew off when he tried to kill it. Did not sleep well all night for watching for the creature to come flying onto the bed. He comes to Durham frequently for VA medical service and will NOT be staying at Comfort Inn again.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Flint
"great location"
the location of this hotel is right off I-85, no need to search. The beds were very comfortable. overall the stay was excellent.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
judy
"Close to university, medical center"
Good location , off freeway but not noisy at all. My room had a dorm size frige and microwave oven, a coffee maker and breakfast was serve 6-10, a lot of variety, very nice. Clerk very friendly, and helpful.For the price, a very good deal.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
W
"One of the best"
One of the best reasonably priced hotels we have stayed in.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
My husband and I were going to see the Alabama Concert in Durham - We saw this motel on our way back from Knightdale - we stopped to see it and were well pleased. The staff is great. I did call back the week of our stay to be assured that I had a refrigerator due to the fact that I needed to refrigerate my diabetic medication. When we arrived the girl at the front desk remembered right off talking to me - our breakfast was good. I did hear some complaints - but to be they were not justified. There were two staff members working just as hard as they could to restock everything - the problem was that some people were filling huge mugs - the coffee was having to be made constantly. We also observed a good girl - maybe 10 years old - had a bag and was filling it with sausage biscuits, fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal and grits packages. It was obvious that it was not for that day's breakfast. I did appreciate that checkout was 12:00. That gave us a little to sleep in and relax before heading home. The rate was great for all the we received. Would definitely stay again. I have recommended it to many of my friends.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Vickty
"Durham Business Trip"
Stay was good. Easy booking with Hotel.com, great rate, easy check in & out and the hotel was clean.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"Much needed improvement"
Walls needed painting in room. Air conditioning did not work well. Ice machine on the fourth and the third floor was not working. Had to use ice machine on the 2nd floor. Transferred to a non smoking room on the 2nd floor and room smelled of smoke and smoke odor was in the hallway. Needed to ask for more towels in bathroom and the toilet did not flush well. Had to hold down the knob to flush the toilet Staff was very helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
judi
"Good bang for the buck -"
In general the hotel was a great deal for the price (I booked on hotel.com for app err ix $55). The hotel was nicely renovated. Service was great. My greatest issue was the rich in the ruin and visible long hair on one of the towels. I want happy that they forgot the wake up call either ... I was looking forward to breakfast.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
"okay place to stay for a reasonable price"
comfortable expept for air conditioning a little too old and too loud.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Ricardo
"Nice hotel for the price"
The stay was great. The only thing that got to me was the front desk never answered and they had to call you back. After your request was made it took them a while to get to you but other than that I would recommend to everyone!
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
Justice
"Reasonably priced and close to Duke"
Reached at 2:00 PM and the check in process was delayed. The person at front desk asked us to wait for 30 min to check-in and took more than two hours. The room was not ready(still being cleaned), though we got the keys. Once we got the room, it was comfortable and the breakfast is fine. DO NOT TRY TO CHECK-IN BEFORE 3:00 PM, IT WON'T HAPPEN.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Good deal"
I needed a place to stay near Duke University that was reasonably priced. The room was clean and spacious and the location convenient. If the smell of cigarette smoke is a problem, you may wish to consider staying elsewhere. The hotel has smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor so there is some odor in the hallway. It didn't bother me but I heard others complain. Still, the staff was extremely courteous, the grounds clean with a nice pool and there is an enjoyable free continental breakfast. Overall, it was reasonably priced and I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"if you want to be near Duke and need a GREAT place"
Courteous staff, great accomodations, great price. A++++
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"nice hotel-very clean-good free breakfast"
late check in-nice large clean room-nice free breakfast-early departure
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Nice hotel, centrally located"
We enjoyed the experience, but the facilities were ALL inoperable... Fitness Equip, Ice Machines, Hand Sanitizers, Coke Machines, Only one washer and dryer for the WHOLE hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
I thought the hotel seems old and needs some redecorating. The surrounding area wasn't the nicest. But the staff was very nice and the hotel seemed pretty cleaned.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
You can't beat the price! The hotel itself is in fare condition not to run down but not crisp new either, the room was clean, bed was comfortable & It's in a nice location, a lot of restaurants in the area, overall a nice place to stay.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
Tedala
"no good"
could not connect to free wifi
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
craig
bathroom needed a exaust fan.other things like the caulking sloppy. door had damage.all little things but important of overall appearance.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"On of best"
I'll will only stay at comfort in if I go back too Durham Nc
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2013
Mr. Patton
"Hotel needs serious upgrade!!!!"
The experience was nice. Just got the room for a night to get away from home. The rooms was out dated and could use some serious upgrading. I must say I did like the look of the restrooms thou.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
the room was okay for the price and the location was great to my son school
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2013