All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
71 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Satisfied with the Wyndhom"
I found the room to be quiet, well designed and comfortable. Location was excellent and I was able to walk to restaurants and easily hail a cab
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Great View with Challenges"
AC struggled all night to cool the room that was west facing and staff had left curtains open. Texted to retrieve valet parked car. Response indicated a 20 minute wait. Actual wait was 45 minutes.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
"Great Hotel - Great Location"
We ended up with a corner room on the 30th floor overlooking the river. What an amazing view - we didn't want to leave our room! The hotel staff was very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. From the hotel, it's an easy walk to River North or The Loop. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Great stay in chicago"
Great Hotel. The complimentary wireless internet was pretty bad.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Location is great"
This hotel is in a great neighborhood. The elevators are slow, the havc system is noisy. We were near the elevators and stairs and you could hear the maids at their station all the time. I couldn't sleep with all the noise.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Exploring downtown Chicago"
Wonderful & helpful staff. Great location. For the price we paid, (high) I found the room to be not very sound proof and loud (from the hallway & other rooms). The elevator(s) pretty slow for the number of guests the hotel was accommodating.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
The staff was great!!! Very friendly and accomodating. The location of the hotel was excellent. The rooms in general were very clean and comfortable. However the a/c did not work properly. The TV was also on the blink. The noise from the hallway was very loud...doors seemed paper thin. The elevators are extremely slow. Overall a great hotel, but with a few problems.
3 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"awesome girls get away'"
We had an awesome time for our girls get away the suite was beautiful and Catarina showed excellent customer service as usual!! I will definitely be back
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Danita
"Great Experience"
Every aspect of the stay was enjoyable. The staff was exceptional!
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"NFL Draft Weekend"
Staff was friendly, courteous, and very helpful. Great area to stay. I would recommend to anyone!!!
2 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
"Would stay again"
Very comfortable, perfect location
1 night trip May 3, 2015
"Great view!"
Great location! Great view of river especially at night with the city lights! Will stay again. Room was spacious with mini fridge and couch seating along with desk and beds.
2 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Erica
"Good location for business"
Good clean, little high on the price.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay"
This hotel is very comfortable in a great location in downtown Chicago. The Wyndham is walking distance from fantastic shopping, food, and museums. I love that the hotel had a fitness room with a nice number of treadmills, weight machines, and dumbbells. However, the fitness room has a bit of a strong odor. If you have a delicate nose, it might be better to go for a run through downtown Chicago.
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Girls Weekend"
There were two weddings the day we arrived. They only have four elevators and one was being worked on so there was a lot of standing around. The guests staying next to us were up all night and so it was a restless night. After that though it was great, we needed more towels and toilet paper and got them fairly quickly. It's a great location with beautiful city views.
2 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Sara
Loved the room! It was spacious with a great layout.Our stay was short but indulged in room service and it was wonderful!
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Teresa
"Will stay here again"
Excellent location. Great service. I had something that I needed to print - they have a computer/printer area free of charge.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
CHRISTINE
"Not such a riverfront view"
The location was perfect but that was about it, when we arrived they gave us a Double bed when we booked a king. They moved us to a new room but was on one of the first couple floors when we booked a higher up room for a riverfront view. Finally get to our new room on the third try and it has the view of alley ways. Even though they took a $100 off for the inconvenience, I wouldn't come back here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great place!"
Great place, perfect location, very nice view...
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Jesus
"EH it was OK"
The hotel staff was very rude...Not accommodating or helpful when asked questions. My favorite part of my room was the shower.. it was incredible! I got a king room, it was very small compared to the other rooms my friends where staying in.. if you want a big room get double beds I guess.. I could barely move in mine.. Other than that the hotel was mediocre for the high price.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"SWeekend get away"
My wife and I celebrated our anniversary in Chicago for the weekend.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Great Experience! The rooms were somewhat small but the hotel staff was excellent. They were very friendly and inviting.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Great location.
5 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Keith
"solid option; not perfect, but recommendable"
I stayed for four nights. The location is ideal. The hotel used to be Hotel 71 and has only recently become a Wyndham. The laundry receipts still read "Hotel 71." The receptionist gave me a free upgrade to a two queen bed room. The room was spacious and overall in good condition. The bathroom was enormous and also in good condition. Strong water pressure. The day bed had women's hair on it, which was a bit gross. Bottled drinking water was not replaced. Coffee maker was dirty. All staff members were friendly.
4 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Overall, the hotel has spacious rooms, comfortable beds and decent food. The parking rate is a little expensive.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Frequent Travlr
"Nice views of river"
The hotel was fine, but the over-riding most significant aspect of the stay was that the free version of wi-fi was painfully slow. The high speed wi-fi is for pay only, so they draw you in saying it is free but the signal was constantly dropped and it often took me more than 10 minutes just to connect to read emails.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Wyndham hotel and time share."
Did not like that the Concierge tried to entice us to sign up for a "free" breakfast--continental style and lasting just 30 minutes--as a come on to view the Wyndham time share program. Otherwise the hotel part itself (lower half of the floors) was very nice.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Marc
"Good Location"
This hotel is in a wonderful location next to the Chicago River cruise access points, Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park as well as popular restaurants such as the Purple Pig. Additionally, public transportation was close by. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. On the down side, the windows do not open and the air conditioning is insufficient to cool down the rooms located on the back side of the hotel. This area faces the sun. The elevators were not capable of handling the number of people staying in the hotel when fully booked so the wait and travel times were occasionally frustratingly long. Chicago is a fun city which lends itself to long walks and an awesome skyline featuring some of the most architecturally interesting buildings I have had the pleasure to see.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great location. Beautiful view of the riverfront."
Average hotel, nothing super special. Good location. Parking is very pricey.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to shopping and House of Blue"
My room was next to a house keeping closet so I was woken up at 8am
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Room next to the elevators sucks"
Too much elevator door noise from the main elevators and the staff elevators throughout the night. Don't get a room next to an elevator you will regret it
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
gene
"A great stay"
The room needed some repairs--carpet torn but otherwise very modern and comfortable. The location was noisy as we heard music from the wedding until late. The view from the window was as advertised--beautiful Chicago
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Rooms need to be updated
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
The hotel tried to hook me into a timeshare. I was having a getaway weekend with my girlfriend i did not want to be bothered. Not sure if i will ever stay there again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
For $299 a night, I would expect much better. Room 3515, the tub had broken parts, the A/C was not cooling properly (even after an engineer came to fix it) and the restaurant/bar closes too early at 11:00 PM.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Ruben
"The location to attractions is fantastic."
My wife, 10 year old daughter and I stayed in a 2 bed, River view room on the 37th floor. The view is fantastic. Upon arrival, there is not an overhang, so the exact pull up location was vague. It was raining, and the self-pay garage next door handles parking for the hotel, but this is never clearly explained on the website. So, I mention here to help those in the future. Basically, you park anywhere possible, next the garage opening. Our room was nice, but we did not like the half-finished Sunkist bottle and open Margarita mix left in our fridge. There is not a microwave in the room, which I would expect for a $200+ a night room. The room was large, with lots of wasted space. The couch was not made for sitting longer than 5 minutes. The beds were wonderful - or we were so tired each night we just passed out. The location makes up for the disappointing room. You can walk anywhere to activities (remember, we had a 10 year old). The longest hike was 1.3 miles to Navy Pier. No pool at the hotel, and exercise room was also dated and a letdown. If the weather is good, I'd take it outside. Riverwalk is across the street, and Millennial Park is about 2 blocks away. Note: at check in the automatically charge your card $80 a day for incidentals. This can add up for a 3-4 day stay you will be charged for all of it at check in. You are refunded about 2 days post check out. Just another gotcha to warn future guests. Also, watch for timeshare blabbing from Concierge. Just get map & go
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
It was everything we needed for a nice family vacation. Walking distance from Navy Pier, Millennium Park, The Sears Tower and lots of great restaurants. Try not to get run over by all the rude drivers though!
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Highly recommend"
Great rooms, clean and comfortable. Close to many attractions. Internet in the room was not very good couldn't get a connection most of the time.
"We were very happy!"
Love the Wyndham grand river front! Everything about it was wonderful, the only complaint is that the curtains on the wall of windows did not close all the way. Only the sheers closed all the way but not the outer drapes, which made darkening the room at night difficult, impossible really. Other than that, it was excellent!
3 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Polly
Was a wonderful time, would go again. Food was great, service on time, staff polite.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great location and great large rooms"
Excellent location and the hotel was extremely nice! All of the staff from the front desk, valet, concierge, etc were all very polite and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend this hotel!
3 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2015
Carrie
"Close to the Action"
The hotel was easy to reach off he interstate. It was close to many "eateries"; the city nightlife, the Chicago River and shops.
"Overnight"
We took our parents for their 55th wedding anniversary were both upgraded to a River view rooms. Unfortunately, our room had a wet spot by the coffee maker so we informed the front desk. They assigned another room to us which wasn't as large nor as nice as the room we had originally. It was satisfactory for one night.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Anniversary weekend"
Great location to do just about everything in Chicago. Spent our anniversary at the Wyndham and the service was excelkent. We will be back
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Great mimic vacation"
The room was very clean, but the best was that we had 2 queen beds plus a sitting area that had a desk. Also had a fridge, which is very important when traveling with kids. Another plus was the Kurig coffee maker! The room was a little dated...but who cares when it had all the other stuff, at a great price!
5 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great location, close to all. Able to walk around."
Wifi lousy did not work 90%of the time. Had to ask for water and did not get it as promised by front desk. Got wrong information regarding transport by taxi at 0400 am. To go to the airport. I had asked for information as to where there were restaurants at the concierge desk, got vague answers."just walk straight and you will see restaurants" Paper coffee cup was used. Why I say this, it is because one is clean inside the other one where the joint is in the cup It is dark brown. The spoon and sugar package is already used. Thank you
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
jane
Good room. Upgraded for an extra $20 per night. Nice view west overlooking Chicago River.
3 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
great location in chicago, on chicago river with best view of the river and the city, you can walk Michigan avenue
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Mansour
"Two days in Chicago"
Our stay in the Wyndham was great right from the start. The desk clerk was able to upgrade the room and to give us a river view. The room, and especially the bathroom, were spotless. The bathroom was spacious with two vanities and both a shower and an oversize tub. We will stay here next time we are in Chicago.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Ideally located"
The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago. Easy walking distance to Millenium Park and the Magnificent Mile. The Blue Line from the airport drops you off within about a 5 minute walk to the hotel. The hotel needs a little refurbishing: Wallpaper starting to fray; bathroom fixtures need replacement; TV channels are limited. Restaurant is surprisingly good and simple.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015