All hotels in Hilo, Hawaii, United States of America
126 Banyan Way, Hilo, HI, 96720, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This hotel was not luxury but would be great just to stay and go driving! Quiet and good free WiFi environment.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ann
"Great hotel with friendly staff."
We were given a room which overlooked the lagoon. The room was very clean and everything was in good shape. The front desk personnel were some ofthe friendliest and most helpful I have seen in a long time. Had a very good breakfast at the attached restaurant, again along with great service. Highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
gerald
"Hilo Seaside Hotel stay (business)"
A good hotel, but I was a bit annoyed that the switch near the door turns off all power to the unit! Didn't know that and I was exhausted from travel. Phone battery hit 0%!!. At least fix the wiring to avoid this problem or have signs indicating this. This affected even the power strip next to the table. Otherwise, the stay was good, but was only for 1-night. Coconut Grill next door had good breakfast selection.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Chun
"Family visit to Hilo"
I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilo Seaside Hotel. The Hilo Seaside is an established hotel and is type of place that you think of when staying in Hilo. The location of the Hilo Seaside is very close to Banyon Gardens and that is a very peaceful place for walks. It is just a short drive or a longer walk to the Hilo farmers market and the central business district of Hilo. I hope to be able to stay at the Hilo Seaside in the future.
7 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Wayne
"Family-run, the "real" Hawaii"
I went to Hilo after a conference in Kona. I wanted to see some of the "real" Hawaii and this hotel was recommended because it is family-run by a Hawaiian family. I loved the lobby and the ponds. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even have a little museum displaying items and pictures of the sugar plantation life and early tourism. One caution for those with mobility issues--there are many little flights of stairs (3 or 4 steps) even to get to a ground floor room. And no elevator to the upper floors.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Very convenient to restaurants and parks."
Within walking distance to parks and swimming areas. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Clean pool and lovely garden. We will stay again if we are in Hilo.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Chip and Ellen
"Excellent value, nice people, a good place to stay"
We had one night at the hotel, and found it mostly comfortable. It was a bit noisy, as our room was near the street. The staff was exceptionally nice, and we loved the amenities. It was extra helpful that there were laundry facilities on-site.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Seaside is OK."
Hilo Seaside Hotel, vintage 1955, is located right next to the airport. Access is quick, about $12-$13 by taxi. But air traffic is constant from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm. We needed earplugs to sleep after 6:00 am. Our room was very small, and the comfortable king size bed occupied most of it. There are no elevators, so you have to lug your baggage up to your room on the stairs. We had breakfast in the attached restaurant twice, and were pleased both times. They serve very good coffee and the best banana bread I have ever tasted. This is not a resort hotel in any sense, but it's fine if you spend your time out exploring the island.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"The place I stay when visiting the Big Island"
Very nice staff, free parking and a short drive to the volcano!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Jake
Excellent service front the front desk staff. Priscilla, Judy, and Sonia attended to all our needs. Best I have ever experienced in all my years of travel. Hilo Seaside is also the best value for the hotel rate.
3 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Kenneth
"Pleasant Stay"
Our room was quiet and very adequate. Breakfast was good and staff were very pleasant and helpful. Hot water did not always work when got into the shower. We would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Ann
"Convenient Location."
It met our needs on the way to Volcano National Park. Nice location on near the water front.
2 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Bruce
"Charming stay"
I was thoroughly charmed by this hotel it was clean the staff was wonderful and the decorations were charming. It was centrally located and I couldn't of asked for anything more. The attached restaurant had a fabulous food at a reasonable price. Loved it
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Banyan Drive"
We spent two nights here and two more nights at another property. I have to say, this is a better property. The lobby is very inviting and although the rooms are dated, it is very clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. The restaurant downstairs was busy the whole time that we stayed there. Good food and ambiance.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
lucy
Relaxing. clean and comfortable with serene views of Reed's Bay. Conveniently located with access to a wide variety of restaurants and local parks/gardens. Friendly staff. Small onsite museum an added welcome bonus. Looking forward to our return.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Not too accessible"
They had to give us a special key to,get to our room because the handicap,parking is in the back.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Better options in Hilo"
Hotel is not "seaside" as advertized. Outdated furniture, mattresses with plastic covers and rough sheets. Help at main desk not knowledgeable, over-priced at 200$ for a small room with no view.
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2015
Alan
"Old hotel, somewhat shabby"
The whole staff is very nice, very helpful. Maid service every day. Breakfast from their restaurant is included, which is a wonderful feature. The hotel itself is cheap, crummy looking from the outside. Nice lobby. Small rooms and small bathrooms that need updating. Pretty tiled pool. It's not on the ocean; it's across the street from an estuary. Lots of inexpensive restaurants nearby. It's in a crummy neighborhood but it's really close to highways 11 and 19, which are the gateways to everything you want to see. It's just a couple of blocks from the ocean and a big, beautiful park, Banyan Park.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Andrea
"Happy in Hilo"
The Hilo Seaside is a great local hotel. Not fancy but clean and close to Hilo downtown and airport. If you are expecting the Four Seasons this is not for you. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The adjacent restaurant is also good; try the happy hour menu. We will stay here on our next trip to Hilo.
6 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
"Nice older hotel"
Nice rooms. Outside of hotel needed maintenance. Overall good
3 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"Pleasant Hilo Hotel"
Just popped into Hilo for a day, and this hotel was excellent for us. Right off of the harbor, which made a morning run easy to do. The breakfast at the attached restaurant was delightful. Quiet location, but getting back to downtown Hilo was either just a nice walk or a short drive. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015
Greg
"Charming, older family owned hotel"
We stayed here because it was close to the airport, and we were getting in late. It was very clean and has a decent restaurant attached (Coconut Grill) that was open for dinner and breakfast. Don't miss the small museum near the lobby. The hotel is older and shows its age here and there, its not at all fancy, but if you want more of a local experience this could be for you.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Hilo, Hawaii"
We have stayed at his hotel through the years and I want to compliment how much it has improved. We are impressed by the comfort and warmth of the staff, the cleanliness and comfort of the room. We were on the 3rd floor and it was easy to walk up and down the stairs. Next time we are going to ask for a view of the Ice Pond side. Parking was convenient and free.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Onaona
"happy at the seaside!"
we were provided a newly renovated room; it was very nice.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
KEITH
"Close to the airport."
Stayed here three different times over a month. Three different rooms.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Opa
"This hotel gets Ohana and Aloha!"
This was my longest stay in Hilo at this hotel. I was there for a month. I was well taken care of, even when I asked for all kinds of changes and adjustments and had need of additional family members during my stay. The most wonderful staff from the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the restaurant. Much aloha here!
9 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Beautiful grounds!"
The grounds around the hotel are beautiful including a HUGE koi pond outside and lush beautiful garden areas outside the rooms of each wing. There is a beautiful pool area and a laundry room. The place was built in the 1950's and the staff said the owners had decided to keep the charm of that era. The room seemed a bit small but probably because we got a room with 2 double beds even though we had reserved a king bed. The bathroom was small with a shower only (no tub) and a small vanity inside the bathroom. Everything was adequate but we had just come from staying at the Kona Seaside Hotel with a tub and nice big vanity and king bed so we liked that better. The location is very near the airport but we only heard 2 planes fly over about 6:30 a.m. each morning of our two night stay. We ate at the adjoining restaurant Coconut Grill twice and it was very good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed this place and would go back again.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Carolyn
"Hilo Seaside"
Hilo Seaside let me check in early which i appreciated very much so that i didn't have to wait till 3:00 when I arrive at the hotel around 11. I stayed there before so I knew about the hotel rooms. After I unpacked I tried to turn on the light by the tv and that didnt turn on and i also tried the tv and that didnt work also. I didnt want to call them and then either move or wait to move or have someone come and take a look at it.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Great place to stop in Hilo. Hotel is clean and location worked perfect for us, on our way to the Volcano Park the next day.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Just ok"
The pillows ruined it for me - very lumpy. Otherwise the hotel was just ok - clean, neat. Had to carry suitcases up the stairs.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"From Kona Seaside to Hilo Seaside"
When on the Big Island, we generally end up choosing this locally owned hotel chain as their staff are always friendly (in a good old fashion Hawai'ian way). Parking, though tight (especially for big cars/SUVs), is available on site and free at Hilo. Breakfast can be included and highly recommended - though not necessary. Hilo Town, itself, also holds a special place in our hearts!
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Perfect Trip"
Great location - nice area
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Marie
"Hilo treasure"
This is my favorite hotel in Hilo. I have stayed there many, many times. It is a small, family-owned hotel that puts the emphasis on service. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean and comfortable and extremely well-run. The entire staff is lovely and will extend themselves on your behalf. I have never had an unpleasant stay!
26 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Alicia
"Nice older family owned hotel"
Two double beds - small for two people Walls a bit thin so outside noise can be heard In every other way I loved this hotel
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
anna
"Good for a quick overnight"
The hotel is clean and our room was completely adequate. However, the feel of the place is that it has been very well used over time. The room and the entire hotel has the feel of a "typical" old-time motel.The staff was consistently pleasant to interact with. If you need a place to hang your hat for a night in Hilo it's OK. If you wanted to make Hilo your base of operations for a week long trip, you may be more satisfied with other, newer options.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Convenient location!"
Older Hawaiian ohana style hotel. Complimentary breakfast a plus! Rooms are very clean. Great value for money spent!
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
Patrick
"Pleasant stay"
Pleasant staff, good size room.
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great location, clean rooms and very nice staff!"
We really enjoyed our stay here. It was not a fancy hotel by any means, but it was clean, reasonably priced for the location (which was super close to restaurants and highways, and a nice spot to take short walks in and enjoy the weather), and the staff were very nice and helpful. Also, it was lovely to see it still being owned by the original Hawaiian family, and it has a small museum inside that's free for guests and has some really interesting and cool exhibits.
4 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Vandana
"Ammenities"
I loved my stay here, very near to airport and the volcano are just less then an hour away.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Papiya
"Hilo Seaside was reasonable and clean"
The hotel was very clean, was in good condition, and was reasonably priced. It had an excellent restaurant attached to the lobby; we ate there 3 times, not cheap but VERY good. The hotel was located 3 minutes from the Hilo airport, great for us because we went on a helicopter tour and needed to be close by but the airplane noise at night was disconcerting.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Rebecca
"Good location, price. Get the Deluxe Room"
This is an older hotel, and I'm glad we paid the little bit extra to get a Deluxe room. It overlooked the pond you see in the pictures, and you could see the ocean from it also. The rooms were very clean, but the beds were too firm for us. We liked that they had water with cucumber & lemon slices in the lobby all the time (unlike its sister hotel in Kona, the Kona Seaside Inn, which only had it for selected hours during the day). The rooms facing the pool wouldn't be worth getting, in my opinion, unless you had kids you thought would want to use the pool a lot. I liked that they had the towels out by the pool and you could help yourself. One odd thing was, to use the microwaves, which weren't in your room, by the way, you had to get a one-time use key at the front desk - open 24 hrs- and access the room near the lobby. Not all that convenient. The Ponds restaurant next door looked nice, but when we tried to go their Xmas night without reservations at around 7pm, we were told no seating till around 9. So we went instead to the (also busy) Ken's Pancake House diner a couple of blocks away. It actually had pretty good food. The breakfasts that came with the room were vouchers giving you your choice of 3 things. They were pretty decent. The dinner we had in the hotel wasn't bad either. Nice people at the desk. Don't miss the marks on the restaurant window showing how high the tide was in 1957 & 1960 when they had tidal waves! Funky hotel, but serviceable.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
PBZ
"Good location,not upscale"
Hilo seaside is an older hotel ,but good location , about 30min drive to Volcanoes national park south , close enough to scenic drive and Akaka falls , and about an 11/2 from mauna kea.Banyan drive was great for jogs in the morning Hotel staff was very friendly , no elevators so you will have to carry your bags up the stairs. If you are sensitive to outside sounds , not the right hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
wendy
"Great views facing the water and close to shop."
I enjoyed the oceanic views. The free breakfast was a very good option. Beds are not bad but need to be replaced soon, the parking situation is tricky - there are limited number in the premises and if you have a big car/SUV it may be difficult to put it in a safe spot, where you will not be hit. There is no lift or elevator. So, you need to carry out your luggages yourself to the third floor, which may become an issue, if you are not fit enough. They have a wonderfully maintained pond with colorful fishes and Nene. The walkway to Banyan way is scenic and we went for a morning jog along the river park. They also have an heritage museum detailing the history of the seaside hotel and Hilo - on premises. The air conditioning and the dan provides ample respite from the heat wave outside.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Bala
"Hilo gem"
My favorite hotel in Hilo. It's family owned, and it feels like home. The staff is incredible, and the turnover is really low. They always remember me, and they take really good care of us when we are there.
17 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Alicia
"Nice hotel good location to walk from"
Plenty of parking in the heart of action. Nice restaurant nice laundry and pool.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Yona
"Don't stay here"
Horrible
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Not recommended"
The hotel had several construction projects underway that made it difficult to get into the hotel as per instructions from the desk clerk.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Gerald
"Cute but not quite there yet"
The hotel is kitschy but has a nice vintage feel. The main problems were how run-down it looks on the outside and the glass panel windows (like blinds made of glass that let too much airport noise in). Also my ocean view was a hallway near the pool, and again due to the windows not a view of anything. The (small) cockroach inhabiting the bathroom at night was the deal breaker. I know it's the tropics but still.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Robin
"Hawaiian charm"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel has a warm rustic Hawaiian atmosphere. Personnel was extremely courteous and very concerned in making sure our stay was memorable. The bonus was the free breakfast which was personally served instead of a buffet. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Lauren
"Funky old place, but very clean and charming"
This place looks like it was last remodeled in the 70s, but it is very clean and has that old Hawaiian charm. The room we had overlooked a koi pond and it was quiet and comfortable. Service was excellent. I would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014