All hotels in Lufkin, Texas, United States of America

Awesome vibe
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
"Uncomfortable"
The bed was horrible. I was awake most of the night due to discomfort.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
"Satisfied in Lufkin."
For future guests, please put some insulation around bathroom door (Rm 317). It's noisy when somebody has to visit the bathroom in the night! The Bar Manageress did a great job of making us a meal on Thanksgiving Day!
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Nigel
"Nice new hotel"
Lovely in general. Pretty and modern room. I would stay there again. The bathroom floor had hair on it but the bath seemed very clean otherwise. I had trouble with the AC/heat. The unit did not heat in the "auto" mode. It did work in the "on" mode. Maybe I didn't understand the thermostat and it functioned as it should have. ?. Either way, I slept cold and wasn't rested when I hit the road the next day, that was unfortunate The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Nice linens and towels.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
It's was really nice. Staff was extremely nice.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Abel
"WISH we had stayed at Comfort suites like we alway"
Not enough coat hangers; no complimentary breakfast; dirty iron; no cocktails until 5:00 pm; no help with sites ie Mirth house etc.;
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Carol from Cols
Carpet was moderately stained
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
We stayed here overnight to attend graduation at SFA. The hotel was great. We really liked the lobby area that included a bar and convenience food. There is a large screen tv and the patio has a firepit. The rooms were comfortable and the front desk staff accommodated our requests for several rooms on one floor; it made it easy for family to visit one another room-to-room. I can't think of anything bad to say because we had a great time. Marriott is always consistent and this location was no exception.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
TISKA
"Probably not again"
I took my family for my son's college graduation. In spite of booking these rooms in early March and requesting a crib, none were available, and my 2 year old grandson ended up sleeping on the floor. On our first night, after a long drive, we had to evacuate for a fire alarm just as we were going to bed.We were told it was from the outdoor fire pit.(???)
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Great Service"
I really enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Jonnie Renee
"Decent business traveler hotel"
It's not that the hotel wasn't all it was advertised to be, the problem with this level of hotel - somewhere between full service and economical business travel hotel is that they have no real convenient perks; free coffee for example why not? The rooms are no different than the Fairfield or Hampton Inn but just doesn't satisfy my needs as well...
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Ryan
"I would recommend, Nice Hotel"
I travel all over the country and stay at lots of hotels. I usually don't have long to stay so need a good nights sleep when I do stop. This was a good stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling through Lufkin. The rooms were big, beds were comfy, breakfast buffet was good. Hot tub was good, pool was small but nice. Lots of food places near by. I really liked this hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Ahrens Hobby Farm
"Getaway trip."
Me, my sister and cousin had a wonderful getaway trip. This hotel stay was great! All the hotel employees were so friendly and helpful from the front desk to the Bistro, which was very convenient. We will definately be staying again on our next family getaway.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Shannon
"Great place to stay in Lufkin area!"
Had a wonderful stay! Friendly helpful staff loved the rooms!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
We got checked in after Expedia did not send our reservation to the hotel. We were lucky they had one room left when we got to the hotel. Expedia almost spoiled our travel plans but the hotel came thru for us. Although the fire alarm went off at 11:00 due to the pool the staff was good at making all the guest know what to do and were to go for the alarm.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
shawn
"Okay by me!"
Enjoyed the stay! No complaints!
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Sharitha
"Excellent Stay"
Very helpful employees! Very welcoming environment and the rooms were great!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Felicia
"One night stay"
Surprisingly I slept well considering I am used to a soft bed and the beds here were really hard. I might be switching :) The only thing that bothered me is that I could not close the door to the restroom at all. I assume the hinge was broken because it wasn't just a little off, there was quite a bit of overlap with the door and the frame that even slamming the door wouldn't close it. Once we got the ac cranked down we were good. I would have thought when preparing the rooms that the temperature would be adjusted, but it was piping hot when we arrived. Good thing the ac worked :)
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"not too bad"
Overall pretty good hotel. Only issue we had was the room they gave us first didn't have a working shower or phone. Went down to tell the front desk and they switched us rooms and said "hopefully the shower works in this room".I guess it was kind of jokingly and i may be over thinking it but just didn't sit right with me!
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Jose
"Lufkin Courtyard Marriott"
Very impressed. Nice, quiet stay. Will be returning
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Monique
"Comfortable room"
Got a great deal on expedia last minute and took a chance on this hotel. Had never stayed at a courtyard before and was very impressed. Not the typical continental breakfast (food was actually good) and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
4wla
"Good price for a good hotel"
We were very happy with our stay at Courtyard. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby and hallways were also clean and inviting. The staff was friendly. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Whitney
"Recommend hotel."
Hotel seems quite new. Very comfortable beds. The 'free' coffee that is provided in the room is very low quality. It is recommended to either not offer any coffee at all or upgrade to a better brand/quality. We only slept at the hotel and left very early in the morning, way before breakfast. Overall very good deal.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Alexander
"Great place"
Wonderful place to stay. Will certainly stay here again if we need a room in Lufkin.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Overall stay was wonderful!"
Found a few things that housekeeping missed. The last person to stay there left a fast food drink in the refrigerator which housekeeping did not remove, also the coffee pod from the last person was still left in the coffee pot. Other than that, everything was wonderful!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Pam
"Best place to stay"
It was great ... Workers was great ..... Hotel was great...
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Meredith
"Did Not Want to Honor Hotels.com Rate"
At checkout we received a bill that was double what I'd booked the room for on Hotels.com. I called the front desk & I was told they were unable to correct the rate in their system & I would have to call Hotels.com. Hotels.com said the hotel was refusing to honor their rate & I would be contacted in 72 hours for a resolution!That was completely unacceptable to me & I asked to speak to someone who could resolve my issue that day, as we were traveling and I didn't want that extra money gone from my account for ANY amount of time. After over an hour on the phone with hotels.com, the front desk manager, David, finally contacted our room to say they would adjust the rate for 2 of the 3 nights we stayed but bc the check in clerk, Amber, cancelled and re booked our last night at a higher rate, he'd have to keep it at the higher rate! Which once again was unacceptable to me! Finally, David said he was new and would ask the events manager to help him change the rate. Which they finally did! I appreciate they finally fixed it but the dishonesty and runaround was unbelievable! I had all the proper documentation and confirmations from hotels.com and the rates that are published there should be honored! I will not stay here again & will think twice about booking through hotels.com if their rates can so easily be disregarded at the hotel's discretion.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Jasmine
Breakfast was a bit over cooked and under cooked. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"A great place to hang out."
This was one of the best places i stayed with my wife.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Lyntis
"Courtyard Lufkin"
Nice facility overall but they need to paint patches on the front entry stucco columns...looks bad. Breakfast was the lowest rating. Could not wait for long list of orders to be prepared. People were upset because of delay. Did not even have coffee cups for the coffee area. Staff was understaffed and overwhelmed. Understaffed at front desk also. The one associate was checking me in, answering the phone, and adding extra concession purchases to other guests bill all at the same time. He did a good job of keeping up with it all but was spread too thin.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"great stay"
This is a great example of a Marriot. The courtyard us lovely, minus the fact that there is a trailerpark next to it.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
Raymond
"Work related stay at Marriott"
I've stated at this Marriott at least 5 times in the last 6 months. The staff is very polite, except the food court, slow, always less than happy with service. But the food is good, and convient. Once we were place next to elevator shaft, and the noise was horrendous. The cashier's only comment the next morning was"That's too bad." since then, we have asked for a room away from elevator. I pity the guests that get stuck with that room, they won't sleep either. Safety, cleanliness, convience and price are all considerations. The Marriott isn't the least epenisvive hotel in Lufkin. But one of the newer, so it's basically cleaner. For the money, I'll stay there again. But if a newer hotel of same quality comes to town....
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
mark
"worth the money"
The front desk staff were very courteous and professional. Room was clean and comfortable. Exterior and parking was very well lighted and offered a sense of security. Numerous restaurants nearby.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Tommy
"A litle panache to the area"
Overall great. minor beef, bathroom sink was too far back from edge. i wound up spitting my toothpaste dregs on the counter instead of the sink. and how in the world do they expect you to put on your make-up with the mirror 5' away. A wall mounted mirror with adjustable arm would be perfect.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
pam
"Close to shopping easy to get to"
There wasn't any heat in our room and maintenance personnel had left for the day . After quite a hassle the very accomadating lady night clerk got us relocated to another room. Loved the outside fire pit.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Nice! highly recommend!"
I got a room her for an overnight stay in Lufkin. The hotel was very clean and nice. I was greeted promptly upon entering. The staff was very nice. Our room was clean and didn't smell bad, which was a huge plus.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nice and clean hotel"
The hotel was very nice. The service was excellent.
Chance
"Nice but could be a little better"
The staff was excellent but the reason I chose that location was the indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub was out of service and obviuosly has been for awhile with no rush to be repaired.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
david
"Pastor"
Great hotel nice staff only thing elevator was not working at the time of my stay
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Wilbert
"CLEAN AND QUIET"
The hotel served its purpose. It was quiet and clean. The rooms were unusually small but we were only in there to sleep.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Cheryl
"Fantastic"
Wonderful. The bed was too Hard for my taste but other than that the stay was great. The Tv also had some issues with static on some channels making them hard to watch
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Our stay @ The Courtyard Lufkin was awesome. The room was nice, service was great, and it is located in a great parr of town. We will use this hotel again in the near future.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Sammye
"ENTRY FROM NORTH ONLY"
very nice hotel, all was good except for the entry to the hotel. need another way to access the hotel from all the other stores in the area. (example) if you go shopping at Sam's Club that is less than 200' away from the hotel you have to drive about 4 miles out of your way in order to get back to the hotel. also the bathroom door does not latch shut in room 203, I forgot to mention that when I check out. I will definitely be back if the entry is addressed.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Craig Stevens
Stay was great! Rooms were clean, staff friendly, and very little noise. Even though there were teenagers up late having fun in the halls. If I hadn't gone out for ice I would have never known.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Wonderful"
Enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Staff was friendly and courteous.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Anna
"The trip from Hell"
I chose this hotel due to the previous ratings. After checking in, I left to attend my son's game in Nacogodooches. When I return to actually enter my room for the 1st time. I notice no towels and when I went to call the Front Desk to request some. I notice I didn't have a phone in my room. I went downstairs in person, I waited about 20 minutes before a hotel staff appeared. He apologize and stated he was assisting someone else. I explain my situation of no phone or towels. He apologize and stated he would notifiy the hotel manager. He explain to me he didn't know where the phones were kept but try to locate one. This frighten me. My phone was dead. If I had a emergency before midnight, I would have been in trouble. It was midnight before he brought a phone to my room and inform me he had stolen it from another room. I love the Marriotts but I was disappointed in their performance. I wont ever stay here again, eventhough my son just entered Steven F. Austin, and I will be makin alot of trips to see him play Basketball. I will also inform extended family to stay away. They couldve at least check to make sure my room was ready. There was a card saying it was. Poor service received all around.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Tawanna
Room was clean, smelled clean, bed was comfortable. The only complaint would be that the cleaning staff was too loud early in the morning and checkout time isn't until noon.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Best place in Lufkin"
Great front desk personnel! Very clean, great atmosphere. Will stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
lindsay haynes
It was a great experience, staying at this courtyard Marriott.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Amir
"Nice hotel in Lufkin"
Clean and renovated recently. Nice hotel
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Jonathan
"Decent Hoteli"
I enjoyed my stay. The pool room was extremely cold making it impossible to swim. Some of the wallpaper in the rooms was peeling off in places. The beds were decently comfortable and the pillows were nice. The room was clean. The hotel staff was courteous. Overall, not bad. The price for the room was a little high. I will stay there again if need be.