All hotels in Akron, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here170 Montrose West Ave, Akron, OH, 44321, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.9
"disappointed"
The fire alarm went off at 4 am and it turned out to be a false alarm. We had to ask for dishes and pans etc. we were billed by Expedia and the hotel where we found out Expedia billed us more that the hotel by a significant amount. The building smelled of smoke.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely apologize that your stay was not comfortable. The situation regarding the fire alarms is truly regrettable. I can understand being woken at 4:00 am must have been startling. The system is in place for our guests safety. Thankfully, there was no immediate threat to our guests as the system was tripped because of a sprinkler issue. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Keith
"You get what you pay for."
The Key card machine was not working so I could not get in my room unless the front desk receptionist escorted me to my room every single time I came in which gave me a feeling of no privacy. If you came in and the receptionist was away (letting someone else in their room) you would have to wait for her to return so you could get in. (only one person staffed at a time). I paid for a smoking room, but the smoke detector was still active so I would have to leave my room to smoke and once again get escorted back! seriously! Never in my life will I ever stay at this brand hotel any were again unless it was FREE and I was homeless and it was winter time.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we had an issue with our key card machine during your visit. I understand the frustration this caused you and we are very sorry for your experience. I assure you that the issue has since been resolved. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will be reviewing our proper procedures with our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"No proper maintenance"
My stay in this hotel is not good. No proper maintenance. Electronic appliances are not working. The amount I paid to stay here is not worth. Breakfast is very worst.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Only if you're desperate"
It's hard to decide which I disliked most. Was it the uncomfortable furniture? Was it the inoperable elevator that forced me to climb to the third floor? Was it the hallways reeking of cigarette smoke? Was it the granola bars as the only choice for breakfast? Was it the lack of making up the room and cleaning the bath? I can't decide.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear of the odor in the hallways and cleanliness issues in your bathtub. Please know that I will be meeting with my housekeeping team to review our cleanliness standards so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize that our elevator was out of service during your stay. I am working with my maintenance engineer to resolve this issue so that this does not happen again. I also regret to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast was not properly stocked and did not meet your expectations. I will be working with my front desk staff to ensure that our breakfast is maintained and stocked during breakfast hours. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Would not stay a second time"
There are much iced hotels for the money.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
KAP
"Dated hotel & very distrustful of hotel guests"
Although it did have a fridge and microwave, there were no cooking utensils or dishes, silverware, glasses provided in the room. Thus, it was rather misleading to promote this accommodation as a suite. Likewise, the claim of providing "breakfast" was misleading since it had only a few packaged items and no toaster or other appliances. It had a creepy feel to the property b/c there was no access to any part of the facility without a key - including the door from the sleeping quarters into the room where the coffee was available. Likewise, towels couldn't be exchanged without going through a locked door. Such security seemed unnecessary since there were several other hotel brands all around this property which had nice lobbies, access to interior corridors, and nicer amenities = if a guest is going to steal from the hotel, this wouldn't be the property to get nice stuff. This building seemed to be old, had broken furniture, fuzzy TV reception, closet without a door, no hangars, and lacked soundproofing to block the sound of foot traffic from the floor above. Never again will we book this brand!
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize that you were not informed of our customizable kitchen packs and that our security features made you feel less safe. We store our kitchenware in a sterile environment and allow our guests to pick the items they would like in their room. Once they have designed their kitchen, we deliver the clean items to their room. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in. Our security features are in place for the safety of our guests, as well as, our staff. We will review your feedback and look into alternative ways to provide the safety and comfort our guests deserve. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"close to everything"
the service hotels.com did was great. thank you. However, out of the many hotels i have stayed over the years I have never run into such a filthy room. this was not just from a day of not cleaning but from years of poor housekeeping.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The cleanliness issues in your room that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am taking the necessary steps to coach my housekeeping staff to ensure that all of our guests are provided with clean rooms so that your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"My room experience"
The size of the room is great. The cleanliness of the room was horrible, I had to vacuum my floor and the night staff had to change ALL linen on bed. Stains all over carpet. Manager Nycole still have not contacted me about the problem. Pool was not working. Breakfast was a joke. Mrs. DK
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are glad that you appreciated the spaciousness of your room; however, we are disappointed that your room was not cleaned thoroughly. We are reviewing your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are following the steps we have in place to clean a room properly. We also apologize that the pool was not in service. We had an issue that caused the chemical levels to rise, so for our guests' safety we had to close it. The issue has been resolved and the pool is back open. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
DK
The room was ok for the price. The bathroom could have been cleaner than it was.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness issues in your bathroom. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the housekeeping staff and reviewed cleanliness standards with them to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Demetra
"Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere"
We stayed at this hotel, one of many at this location, for 4 nights in June, 2014. This place is bare bones basic so don't expect any warm and fuzzies. The room was functional at best, no breakfast to speak of despite its advertised presence, and the hotel had little else to offer. Our second night was interrupted by 6 police cars in the parking lot breaking up a "domestic disturbance" among some of the guests. We should have spent the extra $$ and stayed elsewhwere.
4 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"hallway had many different bad smells and filthy"
Barking dog day and night all the way up and down the hall. Very dirty hallway carpet and many different smells none and none of them good!
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the dogs is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am taking action to ensure our guests are notified if their pets are being disruptive to prevent your experience from being repeated. As well, I am sorry for the odor you experienced in the hallways. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review cleanliness procedures to ensure our hallways are always up to standard. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Ok"
Fairly good for price, although gym is VERY small
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Good place to stay if your on the ground floor."
NIKI IS AWESOME!!! Cons: The live-in patrons must be controlled. There were three children staying on the third floor who ran around the entire hotel our whole stay. Very loud running up and down the halls on every floor!! Playing in the weight room and elevators!?!?! This is seriously unsafe and disruptive. We had to move rooms because we got sick of hearing them. This must be stopped!!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
Jack - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about Niki; however, we do apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to improve our procedures for handling these types of situations so that guests are not bothered moving forward. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Jack
"Work trip"
It is what it is, a place to sleep and shower. Room was well equipped for the "extended" stay, with fairly decent kitchen. don't expect much from the free breakfast, packaged muffins, cereal bars and coffee.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Very convenient, clean and enjoyable"
Needed a room with a couch and staff were very accommodating.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
It is so rewarding to read that you had a nice stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff being courteous and accommodating. I will make sure I share your comments with them. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"Clean and Friendly place to stay"
This extended stay hotel was convenient and clean, with very freindly staff from the office to the housekeeping staff. Will stay again next year.
Response by Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of your room. I will make sure your comments get shared with the entire team. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
J Santoro
"Slept Five easily"
We were in town for a funeral and needed a place near the services. Fairlawn is great area of Akron,and that's basically where this hotel is - up on a hill with a bunch of other hotels and a couple of restaurants. It's not far from a mall and huge shopping area (Summit Mall, Market St). When we tried to check in, the clerk was on break, so we went down the street to Applebee's and had a beer while we waited. Check in was easy and the staff friendly. The room had a full kitchen, desk, dresser, couch, TV and two full beds. It could easily sleep 10 people if 5 had sleeping bags. Nothing fabulous - clean and comfortable. Coffee and very limited breakfast - granola bars, oatmeal, packaged muffins - with only a couple of chair to sit and eat/drink. Wifi worked, as did all appliances in the kitchen. We'd stay again - especially if ever for multiple days. Convenient and affordable.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Trish
I had 3 rooms. Each room had a very bad smell. One room in particular had a very strong fish smell. The smell was so bad that we purchased air freshners at the local grocery store for the stay. The air freshners didn't work!
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Dan Christie
"motel needs a make-over, pretty sparse breakfast"
this hotel needs a make-over, the carpet was stained and worn, the shower made a humming noise and the breakfast was sparse with a very limited selection of food items.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Phili
"Only stay if there is no other place in town"
I booked this hotel for my wife and her girlfriends, 2 of which were coming into town, for a girl's weekend. Since the wknd was last min,they wanted a large room with a kitchen and didnt want to travel far, I gave this hotel a shot even though it had mixed revews and an unattractive look. What a mistake. My wife and her friends were put off by the drab, utilitarian look and the multiple security checks/buzzing doors that you have to pass through(You can't just walk into the lobby).The staff that greeted them was friendly, however the room they were given, though large,was drab and smelled "funky". On the way to it they passed a woman with revealing clothing escorting a man to an adjoining room(looked like a prostitute).While waiting for their final companion to arrive, they decided the needed to change rooms, too smelly, and the staff said OK As they were moving. they passed the same woman now escorting a competely different man to a different room. When their friend arrived, they decided to leave the hotel, finding much nicer accomodations across the street at Extended Stayamerica.They did not ask for a refund, they just wanted to get out of that hotel - paying for a room they didn't use and felt ahead of the game given the condition & clientele. The clerk at the new hotel indicated that Studio Plus is a rough place(knife fights he broke up when he worked there).Although you have to take comment w/gain of salt - the condition & clientele supports this view.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"not to happy"
not happy this time with my stay. bath room not clean. one of your workers need customer service, whe worked on Saturday and Sunday during the day shift.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
Alisa
"not thrilled"
We were in town for a funeral, so the circumstances weren't great. After a stressfull day, all we wanted was a good night's sleep. Instead, we heard the people above us, and the fire alarms went off twice! The room was spacious, but noisy.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
not impressed
"clean comfortable"
Nice hotel for the price. Location was great. In town for wedding.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
daisy
"Fantastic Pet Friendly Hotel"
The rooms were "clean" though throughout the non-smoking building it smelled of air freshner attempting to cover up the odor. The carpet in the room was filthy which I learned after walking barefoot to find my feet blackend. The staff were pleasant thought certaintly not professional in terms of greeting guests, and keeping inappropriate personal conversation in front of guests checking private. It is a great place to stay if you're looking for a reasonable price-and are your travels include an animal. Excellent pet friendly hotel with beautiful grounds on which to walk your animals. The additional plus of this hotel is that it is located within walking distance to amazing places to enjoy a good meal.
Other trip Sep 12, 2012
"Its okay"
Non-smoking was stinking with smoke smell. After 2 days moved to a different room, there was some smell in that room as well.
Other trip Sep 8, 2012
kumar
"Nice room for the price."
Overall the hotel staff and room was good. Very warm reception when I walked in the front door. Rooms were spacious with a full-sized refrigerator, stove, oven and microwave. There was a fold-out couch as well. The only reason I gave them 3 stars, was because the walk down the hallway to my room was terrible. The over-powering smell of pet urine was enough to being you to your knees. This is coming from the owner of four dogs and a ferret.
Business trip Sep 5, 2012
Great, everything was excellent. The staff was very helpful.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Studio Plus Akron"
Great location. Facility needs updating.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
"Great place!"
Lot's of room at a great price. Some noisy neighbors upstairs but you'll have that any hotel. I would stay again!
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
Courtney
Very economical. You get what you pay for.
Business trip Aug 16, 2012
"Good experience"
Nice,, place and the staff was very helpful and I got to bring my dog
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"good for short stays"
Room kinda musty and bed uncomfortable. The halls smelled of smoke and somewhat mildewy. Stay ok for a couple days but cant imagine much longer. Staff very friendly and excellent location. You get what you pay for I suppose.
Family trip Jul 16, 2012
"ok"
room was spacious enough. The service was so-so. Lady who checked us in was a bit of a spacec cadet. Room above us had children running all day and night. thank god for bourbon. over-all good stay for the price
Other trip Jun 27, 2012
"Very happy"
Great room for the price. Rooms were nice, they didn't have the exact room we had reserved, but quickly took care of the problem and gave us more than we would have asked for. Close to I-77 and downtown Akron, but in a good area. Plenty of restaurants cose by as well.
Other trip Jun 2, 2012
Jeremy

"The hotel was ok, b"
The hotel was value for money but, TV channel options were limited and breakfast options was very limited and not nice.
Other trip May 23, 2014
DAK
"adjcaent to area we were working in"
I was NOT happy with the room. It was to have been NON SMOKING. The airconditioning was on FREEZING when we entered the room. Why? To hide the smoke. It was very much a former smoking room. It is an old place with some ungrading - bathroom, sprinkler system. Beds and linen were apparently clean. I would have moved elsewhere but found upon reading the fine print that I would not have had a refund! So, we tolerated it for the three nights. There was NO service as nothing is done in the rooms for three days. The price was still about the same as most other motels, so didn't see any savings because of no service. There was no breakfast service like many other facilities have these days for that price. In short, I wold NEVER return.
Other trip Jun 18, 2012
Andrea

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West

"Not good"
01/08/15 Sonny_circumvehor Toledo, Ohio
There are two locations across from each other.. this review is for the downhill location. . Really bad parking lot. . Tiny tiny. .. My room was very subpar for an extended stay location. . Even though I turned the heater completely off it still kept blowing in frigid air. . The kitchen area was dated for such a new location .. the sink faucets spews water every where with the slightest bump.. I MEAN EVERY WHERE. . Cannot recommend .. Staff seamed friendly, greater professionally by Nikki.... the only bright spot of my short stay
"Great location....."
12/03/14 Adam1128 High Point, North Carolina
The location is near interstate, and US 18 - West of Akron. Good location for access to Cleveland airport. The hotel room was OK - nothing to write home about. The thing that was not so good was the highway noise - all night long. The tractor trailers and heavy traffic can be heard - all night. I do not recommend the highway side rooms - perhaps if you get the West side of building it would be OK. Bed was OK.... But, overall value was a disappointment. First time in this hotel brand, and probably my last. Price was OK, but I can get same in a Super 8 - and have - and it was better.
"Ok if you need efficiency unit"
10/20/14 Fred R Ontario's Highlands, Canada
It was Ok for a two night stay. Unfortunately , we could smell the cooking next door. It didn't last forever and seemed to be coming in the bathroom vent so we closed the bathroom door and it was better. There was no bathroom fan just a vent in the ceiling ?? There is a good cup of coffee in the morning at 6:00 with a couple of prepackage muffins and a bit of fruit but count on going out for breakfast. The room was clean and we were not entitled to housekeeping on a two night stay. Slow Wifi is free but you can pay to upgrade. Haven't seen that before. As I said , it was OK but I will try elsewhere next time.
"dirtiest hotel ever"
09/06/14 NJmailman New Jersey
Had reservations here in August. Drove 6 hours arrived at midnight. rang bell for service and entered the office ( wow it was even dirty in the office , the carpets were stained ). Was given a room on second floor that on first sight didnt look to clean. Opened up sofa bed for our daughter and it was broken , stained mattress and food crumbs on top and under sofa. Just didnt look clean at all and had a funky smell. caught noght manager in hallway and told him. He went and moved us to anither room. Not much better , the room smelled carpet dirty , and to top it off the bed was messy as if someone slept in it and threw the covers back on. then my wife noticed an open used soap in bathroom. that was it for us. Demended a refund. this was actually the dirtiest place i have stayed and we are not 5 star hotel people either.
"Avoid staying here"
08/03/14 knitgusknit ohio
Spent the weekend here for the golf tournament and it was awful. Starting in the lobby you are greeted with the reek of smoke smell everywhere. Even the nonsmoking floor smelled. Don't look down because the floors in the lobby are filthy and the carpets in the halls are no better. Between the smoke smell and the cooking odors, it was awful. Fortunately we ate all meals out. They are trying a "new plan" and now the rooms come with NOTHING in the way of utensils and you have to ask for them instead. Seems to be the reverse of any basic customer service system! We will never return and I would suggest you avoid at all costs. The only positive things I can say is that the ladies working the front desk were friendly and the rooms appeared to have a recent coat of paint, but it didn't make up for the deplorable conditions. AVOID!!!!
"Worst hotel I've stay at it"
08/03/14 Almans2009 Missouri city
This place is terrible. If you are looking for a overnight stay, STAY AWAY from here. Room was gross, patches of paint on walls, carpet dirty, molding from walls peeling off. The common areas are equally disgusting. I would have rather slept in my car. Elevator was also broken. They don't clean room daily, only if you stay for more than 6 days.
"Rita is the worst clerk"
07/22/14 jim w Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
I called to make a res ervation for 8 rooms for 6.5 months to open a new reataurant in the area. Would have been a great location. We always used these properties when we travel. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! This was the worst. When I called I informed the rude lady RITA that I would be looking for monthly rates and bef ore I got that out of my mouth I heard ringing. I was trying to say that I wanted monthly rates and to know the last dates of renovations. She apparently didn't want to answer that. So when the ringing stopped and a lady got o the phone I asked her those questions in which she didn't know one answer. She told me to call the property directly that they could help me with that. So I did just that. And I asked the lovely rude RITA why she did that. She than inturn laughed at me and said she didn't have to answer thise questions. She don't know. I advised her I felt that if I was going to stay there that information is important. She hung up on me. I called back and she said when I asked for the GMs voicemail that I can just call back. I told her no. She can take a message. Rita ia very rude. We neeed this place it was so convenient. But mm ow it wil be worth taking our 8 rooms elsewhere. They must not need the business. After reading the reviews it seems that the rudeness is consistant at this property. And I'm sorry no manager can convince me that its everyone else and not them. Sooner or later you have to know without customers you aren't needed. Cuatome rs make the business. We as leople need to stand up and say we won't spend money at businesses like these.
"Staff has terrible attitude, dirty carpet, paid more than reservation"
07/06/14 Luxury L Akron, Ohio
The staff here is very careless, unprofessional, and do everything in their might not to give discounts or refunds when you experience a problem. They argued with me upon checking in and again upon checkout about the price I reserved online saying I must've been wrong how is that when I have email confirmation stating the prices? But I will still charged more and the room and entire hotel has filthy carpet. I actually saw another review about the carpet so this is an ongoing problem and they obviously refuse to clean it. There was another problem that I will not share because it was not confirmed by a professional but they refused to do anything about that as well. My room was never cleaned during my stay. They do not like to take responsibility and admit to being wrong and solve customer concerns and problems. The poor customer service was worse than the actual problems.
"Vegan is right"
05/28/14 Hotel S Chicago, Illinois
Same as him except I didn't see any cockroaches. With all the issues we had on our stay we actually stayed there. If we would have seen cockroaches, we would have we would have left as well. We were under the impression it was a hotel, but conditions seemed to be more appropriate for a motel than a hotel. They left the lights on for us but other than that worse place I have ever stayed at.
"Hotel stay"
10/29/13 Venkata D Atlanta, Georgia
Not a great hotel to stay on long term.for temporary stay it is ok. Maintenance is very poor. Breakfast is free but not healthy. Written fruits are served during breakfast. Staff are cooperative and friendly in bature