All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2300 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Location was good"
Location was good, but room was extremely small. Way overpriced for the room!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Jo from Iowa, Thank you for sending your review of our property. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in Waikiki. Very sorry that you felt our rooms were small. The size of our guest rooms are about 324 sq. ft., which is comparable to most of the hotel rooms in Waikiki. Perhaps one of our suites may have been more comfortable for you. Many thanks again for your feedback and I hope you'll consider us again should you return to the islands. Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Jo
"Gramma/granddaughter trip"
My 17 yr old granddaughter and I spent 10 days at this hotel on a Gramma/granddaughter trip and would definately go back. The hotel was close to everything and we had a view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and everything was always clean. The only complaints that I had were the bathroom pocket door squeaked as you were closing it and the shower faucet dripped--MINOR. It was a great place.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Dee from RN from rural Iowa, Delighted to hear that you and your granddaughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your very kind words for our staff will be shared with them. I appreciate your feedback about the squeaky bathroom door and dripping shower faucet, and will forward the information to our chief engineer to address. Should you decide on another family trip to the islands, we look forward to welcoming you back! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Dee
"Not very good"
Bugs, party hotel with lots of high school and college kids. Needs serious updates. Location is all it has going for itself. Won't go back!!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Stephen from New York, We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to hear about bugs and the disturbance you experienced from some of our other guests. I'm not sure what kind of bugs you were referring to, but please be assured that since we are located in a tropical destination, we do contract a pest control company to come in regularly. In all honesty, we get very few complaints because the company is very diligent. In regards to the high school and college kids, my sincere apologies if they disturbed you. We take noise issues very seriously, so if we receive any complaints, our security contacts the guest immediately to ensure our other guests are not bothered. Thank you again for your feedback. Mahalo, Debbie M.
4 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Stephen
"Center of Waikiki"
This is a great hotel if you want total convenience to everything in Waikiki. Every room has a balcony and the rooms are large. The breakfast here are NOT good so eat somewhere else in the morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha MJ from New York, Thank you so much for the 5-star rating and for taking the time to post your review. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and rooms. We appreciate your feedback about breakfast and will address this immediately with the concession's management team. Many thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
MJ
Stayed here overnight. Everything was satisfactory except they wanted to charge $50 for a rollaway bed. That was ridiculously overpriced.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
"Great hotel close to the beach. Great staff."
Due to plane delays we got in late but everything was ready for us. The staff and Manager was great. Had breakfast at the hotel every morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Dear M from Missouri, Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was very happy to hear that our staff was able to make your arrival a pleasant one after such a long journey. Also, greatly appreciate your kind words for our staff and manager, which will be shared with them. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hopefully, your next trip will be a lot smoother. Mahalo, Debbie M
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
M
"Nice hotel close to everything."
If you are looking for a hotel that's close to the beach and at an affordable price. This is the one. It is a very short walk to the beach and very good restaurants.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Nice hotel with great view!"
This is a very nice hotel for the area and it has very nice view. Would stay there again. The housekeeping service is great!
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Convenient to tourist area"
Used taxi to get us from airport to hotel. Hotel staff nice and check in quick. Room was clean but small (double beds vs queen and little area to move around for 3 small adults). View of ocean was just a little view only from balcony but you could see it, Rarely in room so wasn't worth the extra money to have the view. Elevators kind of slow-need room key to use them. Noise from elevators going all night and air conditioners on top of surrounding roofs was loud. Maid service times were all over so one day didn't get service because we were back in the room for a while and they wouldn't come back. Misled into thinking breakfast was included. To say it's expensive is an understatement. Even McDonald's, which we ate breakfast at half the time, doesn't have the same dollar menu. It was, however, cheaper for 3 of us to eat there than just 1 at the hotel. It was convenient to walk to all the high-end shopping and restaurants, Waikiki Beach, Zoo and Aquarium. We used Trolley to get to Ala Moana Center (nominal fee per person one way) and downtown Honolulu (was like a tour with hop on/off). Trolley and bus will take to other parts of the island on limited times. We did use mopeds to get up to Diamond Head and Manoa Falls one day and the rental place was only a couple blocks from the hotel (good way to get around for easy/cheap parking). Group tours picked us up at hotel every morning so we never rented a car (expensive to park car at hotel).
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha VB from Winston Salem, NC, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate the feedback on the the elevators, rooftop ACs and maid service. Your comments will be forwarded to our executive management team to address. Very happy to hear that your overall experience was a good one. Have a very Happy New Year and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
7 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
VB
"Close to many things"
Generally we liked the hotel, not right on beach - but it is close. Back up beeps could be heard each morning from our room at 6 am. This hotel is right in the middle of the high priced shopping district.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha C & C from SLC, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Our location is ideal for shopping, dining and the beach, but being in the middle of Waikiki does mean we have our share of traffic. Very sorry to hear about the back up beeping sound. I hope you will consider staying with us again and we will try our best to find a quieter room for you. Happy New Year! Mahalo, Debbie M.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
C & C
"Good price, nice location"
The hotel was clean and comfortable and met expectations at a reasonable price. The hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was of good quality and convenient. The pool and hot tub were nice to have and were clean and not overcrowded. Late evenings next to the pool was a good location for some downtime one story above the busyness of the visible activity on the strip below. Access to the ocean was across the street and a short walk through beachfront properties.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Javin from Washington state, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We were very pleased to hear that the accommodations, staff, pool and breakfast buffet met your expectations. Being in the middle of Waikiki is convenient, but can be hectic. So nice to hear that you found a good spot next to the pool to relax and people-watch. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Waikiki. Happy New Year! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Javin
"comfort and convenience in a package"
1. small room, but clean, equipped, and comfortable. 2. do not pick partial ocean view if you do not plan to spend time in the balcony (the only place where you could view the ocean). Save money and choose regular room instead, and spend much more to get full ocean view (at higher floors).
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Sid
"Location good for near to beach, shopping"
Hotel staff and rooms very nice. Views from upper floors as this hotel not right on beach. Lounge, restaurant entertain and drinks, food, etc. good. Pool small and no view of ocean. Hotel did not offer any social times just for guest to enjoy a drink or meet others. However, happy hour each day with large lounge/bar area. The staff very helpful and nice. The week was enjoyable and met must of our needs.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Bescherte from Washington! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your room and found our staff very helpful. Yes we are not on the beach but we do have categories with views of the ocean. We hope you visit us again in the near future. Mahalo. Taryn W. FOM
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Bescherte
"Nice hotel, good location."
Nice hotel in a convenient location. Walk to the beach, restaurants, stores, etc. Restaurant and street noises can be a problem for the lower floors. Guest parking is valet only at $30 per night.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Maryland, Thank you for posting your review on Expedia. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our proximity to the beach, dining and shopping. We also appreciate your feedback on noise issues and will forward your comments to our management team to address. Have a very Happy New Year and we hope to see you in 2014! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
I have stayed at the Beachcomber before. I love the location and value. Right in the heart of Waikiki, and very affordable through Expedia. Close to great shopping and awesome restaurants. I tell all my friends about this hotel. Try not to stay on the Duke's Lane side of the hotel, though. (See improvement's section of this review.)
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Monty from Bay Area, Nor. Cal., Thank you so much for posting your review on Expedia and for the very kind words. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to stay with us again! As you mentioned, our location in the middle of Waikiki on Kalakaua Avenue is ideal of shopping and dining. We appreciate your feedback on the Duke's Lane side of the property and will forward this to our executive management team for review. Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Monty
"Clean, Comfortable, Great Location"
Would highly recommend this hotel. Great location 1/2 block from the International Market right across the street from Waikiki Beach. Staff was excellent and room was very clean. Based on the prices of the other hotels that we shopped, this was the best value. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"awesome deal, great hotel"
First time in Hawaii and holiday in made it a great stay. Rooms are modern and clean, staff was awesome and helpful, bartenders gave a lot of info about surrounding areas and things to do. Everyone was so helpful and I would stay again. All this hotel would need is to be located right on the beach....but I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Ronnie E from San Antonio, Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on Expedia. Glad to hear that you had a great stay. We'll pass on your kind words to the staff and the bartenders. Have a very Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back! Mahalo, Debbie M.
3 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Ronnie E
"Great Experience"
The hotel is centrally located - right across from Cheesecake Factory & a great Forever 21 store. Close to beach, shopping, night life, and other activities. Staff was friendly & helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Marie
"Location! Location! Location!"
This is my first stay in Hawaii and I'm glad I picked this hotel. It's perfectly situated next to the International Market and a perfect proximity to everything else. We were walking distance to many shopping and activity areas. This place is especially perfect for those who don't drive. If you add the cost of transportation and loss of time, you're best off in this hotel, which is clean and the crews were very friendly.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
Tony
Nice hotel but in very noisy neighborhood.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"Good hotel but..."
Definitely the service is second to none, location is very good, a bot noisy but nothing out of the ordinary, my only big complaint was the trash!! We eat lobster ans shrimp from the market and we left the trash in the room, next morning i left at 5am for a day trip to maui and at night i could not even breath in the room ac was off and smelled really bad in there because they dis not take out the trash!! Had to sleep with balcony open that day, did not make a big deal because everyone was very nice but thise type of things should not happen. Other than that very good place to soend our week in Hawaii.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Edgar
Nice hotel, close to the beach. Had to search out a reasonably priced place for breakfast,tho.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Good location, but stay somewhere else"
I think I got quite possible the worst room in the hotel. My 2nd floor lanai had a wonderful view of the top of the building. The construction that went on outside my window just added to my annoyance. there were stains on the comforter and the bathroom shower is joke. for the price i wasnt impressed.stay somewhere else. the elavators took forever! and i was just going down one floor and couldnt find a staircase instead. I prefer marriott courtyard by far. everything in waikiki is walking distance so location isnt that big of a deal, at least to me. I did however enjoy the pool area. lots of sun and good cocktails.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Danielle
"Pleased we chose Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber"
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was very conveniently located to the places in the area we chose to visit, and although the hotel is somewhat older, its recent renovations really freshen things up. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and we had a wonderful view of the ocean off of our lanai. The valet parking at $30 per day was a bit steep, but well worth it. The valet employees were at the ready to assist us and were very helpful with directions. We would definitely stay there again!
5 night family trip Sep 28, 2013
"Good hotel, good location, reasonable rates"
The hotel is nicer than the average Holiday Inn and more upscale. The location is right next door to the International Marketplace, across the street from the Royal Hawaiian shopping center, and easy walking distance to most of what you want to see in Waikiki.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Trina
Our stay was most enjoyable. The staff was very helpful and our room was comfortable. My only complaint was the hard pillows, no room service and that the hotel not having a garage where I could park my car myself for free.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Oceanfront Room"
We've got the oceanfront room with a great view of Waikiki beach. Hotel was newly renovated and so our room was very clean and nicely decorated. Bed and pillows were excellent and the staff are wonderful. Will definitely comeback on this hotel!
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Slowhand
"Nice hotel, center of Kalakaua Avenue"
Holiday Inn Beachcomber Hotel was nice, and the price was decent in comparison to it's location and the other hotels on the same street-- with is THE street to be on night and day in Waikiki. The hotel was as clean and neat as expected from all of the reviews; not overly spacious, decorated or luxurious.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"pay extra for ocean view"
We had a nice room but partial ocean view was exactly what we got. We were situated on the 8th floor & could not sit on balcony or have door open for fresh air as air conditioners on adjacent building were extremely noisy- not to mention the loud music on Friday night. I did ask if we were able to upgrade to ocean view view ( I was more than happy to pay extra) but was told no rooms were available & that I could check daily ( I would have thought I could have been placed on a list & contacted to discuss if one became available so I did not bother. The room was very clean & central to beach & shops. I was disappointed that I paid extra for a view that I could not use. If I stayed again I would just have a King room.
5 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
wendy
"Hotel right in middle of Waikiki"
Hotel was right in middle of Waikiki. room was clean AC worked great. nice view. Hotel right next to International Market Place. plenty of food places to choose from also
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"The place to be."
We had a great experience time after time. We enjoy the staff there and we feel the Aloha Spirit from them.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Charla
"Great hotel, heart of the strip."
Upon arrival, we greeted by their valet and our car was unpacked and bags were taken to our room. The parking fee is expensive at $30 dollars a night but it's the price to pay for convenience. Later to find out I received 50% off of parking for having a military ID card, that was a plus. The outside of the hotel was in need of renovations but the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel staff made that irrelevant. It is right in the middle of the strip and had the convenience of having the international market place right next door. The beach is a 3min walk away for the entrance and the views from the kalakua king room was amazing. Overall a great stay.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Great choice for location and $! We were thrilled!"
We couldn't have been happier with our hotel choice! Our trip was a family vacation, first visit to Oahu. Husband age 41, wife age 41, sons aged 15 & 12. We went with the "partial ocean view" and that made a huge difference in how much we loved our choice. We had the most stunning view on our balcony. The walk to the beach was easy and safe - truly about 300 steps. All staff we encountered were extremely friendly and always smiling. It is next to the International Market, which adds to the "perfect" location. I strolled around there almost every night. Also should mention that inside the IM is an ABC store - which is like a Walgreen's if you need to buy "drug store" type items for less than you would pay in the hotel gift store, and also more selection. For blocks around there are high end stores intermingled with local shops and affordable brand name stores. (I wasn't there to shop!) The resturant in the hotel was dissapointing (Jimmy Buffets) the food wasn't well prepared, and everything from the meat to the buns were stale and dry. BUT - it wasn't a big deal because you are within walking distance of almost any kind of food or resturant you can name. Cheesecake Factory across the street. California Pizza Kitchen next door. Atlantis Steak and Seafood next door. My boys even found the Golden Arches. There are 6 elavators, and they are fast. Our room was always clean. Noise was never an issue. The mini fridge was really handy. Expedia desk next to the checkin desk.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Misti
"A comfortable hotel at convenient location!"
The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn style: not luxury but quite comfortable. The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful, as usually. Location of the hotel is excellent. Easy to take bus to other other attractive spots. 5 minutes walking to Waikiki beach. Being surrounded by shops and stores, resturants, food court and markets, Holiday Inn Resort at Waikiki is a good choice for torrists who'd like to experience the commercial side of Honolulu.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Yang
"Memorable place"
Very nice place just a few blocks away from Waikiki beach. We will come back next year!
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Nice hotel close to beach and international market"
We enjoyed our stay. Nothing fancy. Clean accommodations.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Nice hotel and close to the beach."
Enjoyed our hotel, the staff was very accommodating and when there was an issue they handled it very quickly. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Lynda
"Across from the Royal Hawaiian"
Everything was very acceptable! We were on the 7th floor, and it was a bit noisy from street activities, which I'm sure could not be helped.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Central but noisy"
Motel more than hotel, because we had not booked direct with this hotel felt issues were ignored
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
po
Great hotel and great location
4 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2013
Vince
"awesome location!"
staff was very pleasant and welcoming. hotel was beautiful. restaurant and pool were great too.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha, Thanks so much for your comments. We do agree that we have an awesome location, right in the heart of Waikiki. I hope that you come visit us again and we'd love to host you on your next trip to the islands! Pam Y., Asst. GM
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
My granddaughter and I stayed one night before going to Maui. The room was very comfortable after our long flight. Beautiful view. And the staff was eager to assist us.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Thanks so much for your comments and we do appreciate your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the view and that our staff was very eager to assist you. Island Regards, Pam Y. Asst. GM
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Good place"
At first I wasn't impressed with the hotel, but it grew on me. The only thing I was disappointed in was the room had a musky smell to it but that went away after a few days. The hotel staff was phenomenal and very friendly. My husband lost his wallet and between the Outrigger and the Beachcomber they found it!!!! Everyone was extremely friendly!!! For the price- I recommend this hotel, just a short walk to the beach!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Laurie from Allen, TX, Thank you for your comments. We do pride ourselves on our staff and the great service that they provide. We appreciate the recommendation and do hope that you allow us to host you on your next visit. So glad they found your wallet! Aloha, Pam Y., Asst. GM
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Laurie
"Perfect vacation"
We were so pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The room was very clean. We had a beautiful view from the 24 floor. Beach access was real close. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
9 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
SR
"Nice hotel right in the middle of Waikiki!"
We stayed here for a week and found it to be a great location. We rented a car and used the valet service at the hotel! The staff was excellent as was the concierge service! You might want to ask for a room at an upper level for a better view, didn't make much difference with us as we were not in there much. The beach is right across the street and there are many restaurants in walking distance!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Doug
"Close to Waikiki Beach"
Great hotel room, very friendly and knowledgeable staff, perfect location with a short walk (literally about a 2 minute walk) to Waikiki Beach. The staff was super helpful in booking a day trip to Maui. Rooms were comfortable and my partial-ocean view room actually had a fantastic view with the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other. Had a great stay here and would absolutely stay again.
8 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Jordan
"Nice hotel...Excellent location!"
My husband & I stayed here during our 3 year anniversary. This hotel is located right on the main strip. Wonderful location for beach access, shopping & restaurants.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Great hotel and location"
Great Location! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
hcb
"Beautiful view of the Waikiki Strip"
The hotel was clean, quick and efficient. Service was great and the hotel housekeeping kept our room squeaky clean.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
henry
"Great price for its location!"
Location of hotel was at the center of Waikiki. You're right across the street from the beach but to gain public access it's about 3-5 minute walk. Just grab towel in the morning from the pool and head over to the beach! Pool is small but has a hot tub. Free wifi, $30 for hotel guest parking. Overall this hotel was great, I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013