All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2300 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

Food is all right
    Bad breakfast
"Under Construction"
Hotel was conveniently located but adjacent to major construction. We has beeping sounds from heavy equipment and a building being demolished just out side our 11 story balcony. I was there for work so wast too bad, but if I had had the wife and kids there it would have been a different story. Not to mention the sound of the elevators..
5 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Adam
"Ok to stay"
I chose this hotel for location. Overall it was just 'ok' to me. We waited for luggage for over 45 minutes due to their confusion. I asked for a package of coffee and took over 45 minutes due to their confusion. Each time we had to call to remind them. Room was ok size but bathroom was very small. For the $ we paid I expected a bit better room. I would stay one block away from Kalakaua next time since we don't spend much time in the room anyways and there are lots of decent and nice shops and restaurants outside of Kalakaua.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Spartan Mom
"great location and price"
This hotel was spotless, staff was friendly and the location was great. I will definitely be back. Only slight negative was some noise from construction of the international market being built close by which was not noticeable from inside room.
9 night trip Jun 27, 2014
FL
"Fantastic hotel very close to Waikiki"
This was our second year in a row to travel to Honolulu and we stayed in the Beachcomber both times. It's a great hotel that is literally steps away from Waikiki (not literally on the beach, but you merely have to cross the street to get there). Rooms are comfortable (we had 3 adults sharing 1 room, which provided more than enough space). Only complaint is that the shower didn't drain well, but I suppose that is to be expected for a beach hotel with all the sand that makes it way down the drain. Overall, great location, great hotel! Would definitely recommend.
10 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Jordan
"Access to everything"
This location is very central to all Waikiki activity. No need to use the car unless you need to leave the area. Room was a little small for 4 and the bathroom a little cramped. The room do have a refrigerator but no microwave.
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Darryl
"Great, simple hotel"
Hotel is located in the middle of everything. Affordable for the area, modest but does the job. Very clean and friendly staff!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Aaron from Phoenix, AZ, We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your compliments on the cleanliness of the hotel and friendly staff to our employees. We have a great team that really embodies the Aloha Spirit. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome your back! Mahalo nui loa, Debbie M.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Aaron
"Great location."
Right next to macys and close to everything. Great location for hanging out in Waikiki
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Kate from Los Angeles, Delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and found it a great place to hang out in Waikiki. Having Macy's within our property and being close to the beach, shopping centers and numerous restaurants, allows our guests to walk to pretty much everything. Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo nui loa, Debbie M.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
Beach is only a short walk away along with a bunch of shops and restaurants. Hotel has a desk for booking sightseeing trips that pick you up at or at a nearby hotel so a rental car is not needed. But if you do have a rental car, there is a $30 a day fee to park at the hotel. The magic show that is at the hotel was a good show, but didn't live up to the price that we had to pay for the tickets.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha, Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you found our location convenient to your needs and that our concierge desk was able to assist you with your sightseeing tours. I was very sorry to hear that the Magic of Polynesia show didn't meet your expectations, and I will be forwarding your comments to their management team. Many thanks again and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo nui loa, Debbie M.
7 night family trip May 16, 2014
Hotel was located in the heart of Waikiki. Breakfast was an excellent deal. Right across the street from the beach and the Royal Hawaiian. If you are looking to stay in Waikiki on a budget, this is the place. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Jeff, Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's location and the breakfast at Jimmy Buffett's. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Mahalo nui loa, Debbie M.
4 night trip May 14, 2014
"Conveniently located"
It's a typical Holiday Inn. Staffs were friendly and provided excellent services. We had an ocean view room, but on the 12-floor I'd call it a partial ocean view.
3 night family trip Apr 28, 2014
"Excelent"
Good hotel close to everything.not a beach front. But we are both happy, our stay in the hotel was absolutely wonderful. Considering other hotels we visited on other places we have been this year.I will consider to recommend this hotel to people I know, relatives and friends that is planning a vacation here in Honolulu, Hawaii.
5 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
Luis
"location is excellent, close to beach and all the"
great staff and location, room ok but nothing to brag about
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Misty
"Neat and clean"
The hotel is centrally located. It is maintained neat and clean.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Good location and nice, clean rooms"
We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and overall we were very happy with our rooms and the location of the hotel. It was comfortable, clean and across the street from the beach.
6 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Ken Zink
"Convenient location"
I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We enjoyed the show and restaurants at this hotel. Close to the beach and shopping. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
Lorene
"We were very disappointed in our room"
We were disappointed in the room we were given for the money that we had to pay, We thoughtl we would get a better view of the city from our balancy, It was nothing but a view of the building in the area. We talkedl to other guest and they talked aboutl thel beautiful view that they had of the beach and surroundings; We thought we paid morel than enoughtl for a better view and my wife stopped me from having the room changed as soon as we arrived in it. Also the stores in the lobby were out-ragious with the prices they were charging for their goods; we didn't think that a small bottle of water should cost us almost three dollars, we had to leave the hotel to get a dinner that was reasonable. Yes, we were ver disappointed.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Kenneth
"Primo "base camp" site"
Clean and convenient location a block from beach on Luxury Row promenade.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
lewist2ca
"Location was good"
Location was good, but room was extremely small. Way overpriced for the room!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Jo from Iowa, Thank you for sending your review of our property. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in Waikiki. Very sorry that you felt our rooms were small. The size of our guest rooms are about 324 sq. ft., which is comparable to most of the hotel rooms in Waikiki. Perhaps one of our suites may have been more comfortable for you. Many thanks again for your feedback and I hope you'll consider us again should you return to the islands. Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Jo
"Gramma/granddaughter trip"
My 17 yr old granddaughter and I spent 10 days at this hotel on a Gramma/granddaughter trip and would definately go back. The hotel was close to everything and we had a view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and everything was always clean. The only complaints that I had were the bathroom pocket door squeaked as you were closing it and the shower faucet dripped--MINOR. It was a great place.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Dee from RN from rural Iowa, Delighted to hear that you and your granddaughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your very kind words for our staff will be shared with them. I appreciate your feedback about the squeaky bathroom door and dripping shower faucet, and will forward the information to our chief engineer to address. Should you decide on another family trip to the islands, we look forward to welcoming you back! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Dee
"Not very good"
Bugs, party hotel with lots of high school and college kids. Needs serious updates. Location is all it has going for itself. Won't go back!!
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Stephen from New York, We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to hear about bugs and the disturbance you experienced from some of our other guests. I'm not sure what kind of bugs you were referring to, but please be assured that since we are located in a tropical destination, we do contract a pest control company to come in regularly. In all honesty, we get very few complaints because the company is very diligent. In regards to the high school and college kids, my sincere apologies if they disturbed you. We take noise issues very seriously, so if we receive any complaints, our security contacts the guest immediately to ensure our other guests are not bothered. Thank you again for your feedback. Mahalo, Debbie M.
4 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"Center of Waikiki"
This is a great hotel if you want total convenience to everything in Waikiki. Every room has a balcony and the rooms are large. The breakfast here are NOT good so eat somewhere else in the morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha MJ from New York, Thank you so much for the 5-star rating and for taking the time to post your review. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and rooms. We appreciate your feedback about breakfast and will address this immediately with the concession's management team. Many thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
MJ
"Not the best"
Very VERY dated hotel. More of a frat house place. Lots of schools book groups there. 25 floors but super small pool holds 50 people. Roaches in the bathroom so leave the lights on. Seems to keep them away. Best thing has going is dead center in Waikiki. 1 block from the beach.
4 night romance trip Feb 11, 2014
Stephen
Stayed here overnight. Everything was satisfactory except they wanted to charge $50 for a rollaway bed. That was ridiculously overpriced.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
"So So Hotel.."
Old Hotel in need of major updating, bathroom had roaches every morning so leave the lite on all the time, seems to keep them in hiding. Overall room was so so clean, uncomortable chairs in room and bed was old. Seems to cater to the groups as our floor was more of a frat house than a luxuary hotel. Location was the best it had going. Across from the beach and near all the stores and places to eat. 25 floor hotel and the pool holds 40 people per the posted sign.. VERY SMALL.. only 25 - 30 sun chairs so they filled up early in the AM.. Bar staff was great, hotel staff at the front were clearly over the tourist as they seem to not really care about the guests needs so much. Not a cheap hotel Paid over $200 per night, just exspected more.. But they know your a tourist and your treated as such.. Would NOT stay there again nor recommend to friends or family, pay a bit more and stay at a beach front hotel instead.. You will be much happier.
4 night romance trip Feb 11, 2014
Stephen
"Great hotel close to the beach. Great staff."
Due to plane delays we got in late but everything was ready for us. The staff and Manager was great. Had breakfast at the hotel every morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Dear M from Missouri, Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was very happy to hear that our staff was able to make your arrival a pleasant one after such a long journey. Also, greatly appreciate your kind words for our staff and manager, which will be shared with them. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hopefully, your next trip will be a lot smoother. Mahalo, Debbie M
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
M
"Nice hotel close to everything."
If you are looking for a hotel that's close to the beach and at an affordable price. This is the one. It is a very short walk to the beach and very good restaurants.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Nice hotel with great view!"
This is a very nice hotel for the area and it has very nice view. Would stay there again. The housekeeping service is great!
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Ocean View Bait and Switch. Don't waste money!"
I paid over one thousand dollars for two nights at this hotel for an "ocean view" room. When I arrived I was given a room with at best a "partial ocean view." I could see the ocean if I was out on the balcony and looked down the side of the hotel. My room was actually facing the city. I talked with the manager and he said that my room was considered an ocean view room by the hotel and that if I wanted a room that faced the ocean I should have purchased their most premium room which was not shown as an option. He refused to give me a discount on the room because of booking through hotels.com. I am extremely upset paying a premium price for a dated mediocre room without an ocean view that I was promised. If you get a cheap rate I would consider staying here as the location is pretty good and rooms are decent. It is by no means a premium hotel and the food at Jimmy Buffets is unfortunately very bad.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
mmil
"Convenient to tourist area"
Used taxi to get us from airport to hotel. Hotel staff nice and check in quick. Room was clean but small (double beds vs queen and little area to move around for 3 small adults). View of ocean was just a little view only from balcony but you could see it, Rarely in room so wasn't worth the extra money to have the view. Elevators kind of slow-need room key to use them. Noise from elevators going all night and air conditioners on top of surrounding roofs was loud. Maid service times were all over so one day didn't get service because we were back in the room for a while and they wouldn't come back. Misled into thinking breakfast was included. To say it's expensive is an understatement. Even McDonald's, which we ate breakfast at half the time, doesn't have the same dollar menu. It was, however, cheaper for 3 of us to eat there than just 1 at the hotel. It was convenient to walk to all the high-end shopping and restaurants, Waikiki Beach, Zoo and Aquarium. We used Trolley to get to Ala Moana Center (nominal fee per person one way) and downtown Honolulu (was like a tour with hop on/off). Trolley and bus will take to other parts of the island on limited times. We did use mopeds to get up to Diamond Head and Manoa Falls one day and the rental place was only a couple blocks from the hotel (good way to get around for easy/cheap parking). Group tours picked us up at hotel every morning so we never rented a car (expensive to park car at hotel).
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha VB from Winston Salem, NC, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate the feedback on the the elevators, rooftop ACs and maid service. Your comments will be forwarded to our executive management team to address. Very happy to hear that your overall experience was a good one. Have a very Happy New Year and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
7 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
VB
"Close to many things"
Generally we liked the hotel, not right on beach - but it is close. Back up beeps could be heard each morning from our room at 6 am. This hotel is right in the middle of the high priced shopping district.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha C & C from SLC, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Our location is ideal for shopping, dining and the beach, but being in the middle of Waikiki does mean we have our share of traffic. Very sorry to hear about the back up beeping sound. I hope you will consider staying with us again and we will try our best to find a quieter room for you. Happy New Year! Mahalo, Debbie M.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
C & C
"Good price, nice location"
The hotel was clean and comfortable and met expectations at a reasonable price. The hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was of good quality and convenient. The pool and hot tub were nice to have and were clean and not overcrowded. Late evenings next to the pool was a good location for some downtime one story above the busyness of the visible activity on the strip below. Access to the ocean was across the street and a short walk through beachfront properties.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Javin from Washington state, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We were very pleased to hear that the accommodations, staff, pool and breakfast buffet met your expectations. Being in the middle of Waikiki is convenient, but can be hectic. So nice to hear that you found a good spot next to the pool to relax and people-watch. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Waikiki. Happy New Year! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Javin
"comfort and convenience in a package"
1. small room, but clean, equipped, and comfortable. 2. do not pick partial ocean view if you do not plan to spend time in the balcony (the only place where you could view the ocean). Save money and choose regular room instead, and spend much more to get full ocean view (at higher floors).
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Sid
"Location good for near to beach, shopping"
Hotel staff and rooms very nice. Views from upper floors as this hotel not right on beach. Lounge, restaurant entertain and drinks, food, etc. good. Pool small and no view of ocean. Hotel did not offer any social times just for guest to enjoy a drink or meet others. However, happy hour each day with large lounge/bar area. The staff very helpful and nice. The week was enjoyable and met must of our needs.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Bescherte from Washington, Thank you for posting your review on Expedia. We appreciate your feedback and kind words for our staff. Please have a very Happy New Year and we hope to welcome you back in 2014! Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Bescherte
"Nice hotel, good location."
Nice hotel in a convenient location. Walk to the beach, restaurants, stores, etc. Restaurant and street noises can be a problem for the lower floors. Guest parking is valet only at $30 per night.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha and Mahalo for your great review of our hotel. Being that we are centrally located in the heart of Waikiki it is hard to avoid neighboring noise. We hope to service you again in the near future. Mahalo Taryn W. FOM.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
I have stayed at the Beachcomber before. I love the location and value. Right in the heart of Waikiki, and very affordable through Expedia. Close to great shopping and awesome restaurants. I tell all my friends about this hotel. Try not to stay on the Duke's Lane side of the hotel, though. (See improvement's section of this review.)
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Monty from Bay Area, Nor. Cal., Thank you so much for posting your review on Expedia and for the very kind words. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to stay with us again! As you mentioned, our location in the middle of Waikiki on Kalakaua Avenue is ideal of shopping and dining. We appreciate your feedback on the Duke's Lane side of the property and will forward this to our executive management team for review. Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Mahalo, Debbie M.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Monty
"Clean, Comfortable, Great Location"
Would highly recommend this hotel. Great location 1/2 block from the International Market right across the street from Waikiki Beach. Staff was excellent and room was very clean. Based on the prices of the other hotels that we shopped, this was the best value. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"awesome deal, great hotel"
First time in Hawaii and holiday in made it a great stay. Rooms are modern and clean, staff was awesome and helpful, bartenders gave a lot of info about surrounding areas and things to do. Everyone was so helpful and I would stay again. All this hotel would need is to be located right on the beach....but I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber
Aloha Ronnie E from San Antonio, Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on Expedia. Glad to hear that you had a great stay. We'll pass on your kind words to the staff and the bartenders. Have a very Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back! Mahalo, Debbie M.
3 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Ronnie E
"Great Experience"
The hotel is centrally located - right across from Cheesecake Factory & a great Forever 21 store. Close to beach, shopping, night life, and other activities. Staff was friendly & helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Marie
"Location! Location! Location!"
This is my first stay in Hawaii and I'm glad I picked this hotel. It's perfectly situated next to the International Market and a perfect proximity to everything else. We were walking distance to many shopping and activity areas. This place is especially perfect for those who don't drive. If you add the cost of transportation and loss of time, you're best off in this hotel, which is clean and the crews were very friendly.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
Tony
Nice hotel but in very noisy neighborhood.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"Good hotel but..."
Definitely the service is second to none, location is very good, a bot noisy but nothing out of the ordinary, my only big complaint was the trash!! We eat lobster ans shrimp from the market and we left the trash in the room, next morning i left at 5am for a day trip to maui and at night i could not even breath in the room ac was off and smelled really bad in there because they dis not take out the trash!! Had to sleep with balcony open that day, did not make a big deal because everyone was very nice but thise type of things should not happen. Other than that very good place to soend our week in Hawaii.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Edgar
Nice hotel, close to the beach. Had to search out a reasonably priced place for breakfast,tho.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Good location, but stay somewhere else"
I think I got quite possible the worst room in the hotel. My 2nd floor lanai had a wonderful view of the top of the building. The construction that went on outside my window just added to my annoyance. there were stains on the comforter and the bathroom shower is joke. for the price i wasnt impressed.stay somewhere else. the elavators took forever! and i was just going down one floor and couldnt find a staircase instead. I prefer marriott courtyard by far. everything in waikiki is walking distance so location isnt that big of a deal, at least to me. I did however enjoy the pool area. lots of sun and good cocktails.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Danielle
"Pleased we chose Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber"
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was very conveniently located to the places in the area we chose to visit, and although the hotel is somewhat older, its recent renovations really freshen things up. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and we had a wonderful view of the ocean off of our lanai. The valet parking at $30 per day was a bit steep, but well worth it. The valet employees were at the ready to assist us and were very helpful with directions. We would definitely stay there again!
5 night family trip Sep 28, 2013
"Good hotel, good location, reasonable rates"
The hotel is nicer than the average Holiday Inn and more upscale. The location is right next door to the International Marketplace, across the street from the Royal Hawaiian shopping center, and easy walking distance to most of what you want to see in Waikiki.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Trina
Our stay was most enjoyable. The staff was very helpful and our room was comfortable. My only complaint was the hard pillows, no room service and that the hotel not having a garage where I could park my car myself for free.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Oceanfront Room"
We've got the oceanfront room with a great view of Waikiki beach. Hotel was newly renovated and so our room was very clean and nicely decorated. Bed and pillows were excellent and the staff are wonderful. Will definitely comeback on this hotel!
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Slowhand
"Nice hotel, center of Kalakaua Avenue"
Holiday Inn Beachcomber Hotel was nice, and the price was decent in comparison to it's location and the other hotels on the same street-- with is THE street to be on night and day in Waikiki. The hotel was as clean and neat as expected from all of the reviews; not overly spacious, decorated or luxurious.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"pay extra for ocean view"
We had a nice room but partial ocean view was exactly what we got. We were situated on the 8th floor & could not sit on balcony or have door open for fresh air as air conditioners on adjacent building were extremely noisy- not to mention the loud music on Friday night. I did ask if we were able to upgrade to ocean view view ( I was more than happy to pay extra) but was told no rooms were available & that I could check daily ( I would have thought I could have been placed on a list & contacted to discuss if one became available so I did not bother. The room was very clean & central to beach & shops. I was disappointed that I paid extra for a view that I could not use. If I stayed again I would just have a King room.
5 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
wendy
"Hotel right in middle of Waikiki"
Hotel was right in middle of Waikiki. room was clean AC worked great. nice view. Hotel right next to International Market Place. plenty of food places to choose from also
Other trip Sep 3, 2013