All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
7436 Ocean Ter, Miami Beach, FL, 33141, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.1
    2.4
    1.7
"Deceant beach side hotel"
This hotel, while maybe not for those high rollers, is nice for a short trip. Its clean enough and the beds are comfortable, plus, its right across the street from the beach. For the price I payed it was worth it. Also, there are ants in the bathroom but they are incredibly small and didn't really interact with any of my belongings, apparently they don't like toothpaste or soap, which is nice. In fact, they were quite polite ants compared to some of the ants I have encountered in my life. They stayed in the bathroom, didn't make any noise (apparently they aren't the partying type) and in general went about their own business. Actually, I'm going to go ahead and say that the ants were a plus. And if your going to discount this hotel because of the ants, then maybe you shouldn't come to Miami at all because they are on the streets too. Ants exist people, and they aren't going away any time soon! And in all reality, you shouldn't want them to go away, they are a vital part of our ecological systems. So stop complaining! I had a nice stay.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
TB
"Poor old hotel."
I have never been in hotels with such poor quality of rooms. The only two pluses: TV was working and hot water was running. - No telephone in the room. - Air conditioner was working too but it smells so badly, we never turn it on. Window couldn't be opened. - Toilet didn't work, some thing in a water tank.... I had to fix it myself every time after use. - I asked for another room, choice of two were offered, both are even worse than our's. - 4 nights stay, they changed only towels, not bedding. - The hotel's condition very poor, like must be renovated 20 years ago but have had not. Everything is too old. We could not sleep first night, we were so upset. I would ask my money back if I had a hope to get it.
4 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
svetlana
"Ok budget hotel"
The hotel was value for money . It was in the north beach right on the beach which was a plus . South beach was about 15 mins drive (25 mins by bus ) from this place . The hotel was old . Wifi almost non existent ... breakfast frugal (at best) . room was cleaned daily . However it wasn't the cleanest hotel in the world . Stay if u are on a budget and looking for a good location next to the beach to sleep and bathe .
4 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
arpan
"Miami beach getaway"
it was good, just enough comfort for one night. Happy with the desk people, they are very friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Luis
"Pure and dirty hotel"
The location was good but the hotel itself was bet. Dirty treatment was bet only the house keeping lady treat me good.
Nestor
"Get What You Pay For"
Needs updating badddd! I have stayed in a lot of sketchy hotels, but this might take the crown. It was only like $50 so that's why I booked it and it is right on the beach. The room was disgusting. I did not even want to sleep on the bed, definitely not in it! I honestly contemplated not sleeping at all and walking around town. The gentleman at the desk that checked me in gave me an upgrade so that was nice. Because of the location, with new ownership and a big time upgrade it could be awesome. The area of North Beach is great though. Walking distance to everything and not as loud/busy as South Beach.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time at the Ocean Surf...North Beach is like South Beach was twenty years--kind of funky...if you want pretentious restaurants and clubs by all means go south of 21st Street but if you just want a cheap few days next to the beach this is fine. There's a porch where the guests can just hang out and eat and drink their own stuff instead of having to buy something from a vendor; most of the guests took advantage of this. The bus lines are all a block away so you can be in South Beach in a half hour. Good value. Mellow.
JJ Jazzy Jeff
"WORST HOTEL EVER"
this hotel was dirt with roaches and the rooms were never really cleaned. the bathroom was renovated terribly like some total amature had done the job. we had to pay a dollar an hour for parking the whole time I was there. my wife and i were really shocked of the condition of this hotel when I first saw it.
sam
"well its not horrible!!"
first room we went in wasnt cleaned, they moved us to another room and the toilet was broken. i would stay again if its just a bunch of guy friends. would not bring family or a girl your trying to impress to this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
"nightmare"
Never again
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
erick
"worst experience. Big NO."
Worst room I have been, after seeing the room we are afraid that we might get or carry some germ if we stay there. Dirty bed and bed sheets. Trashy hotel. We don't even imagine how they are running biz.
1 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
"Great price if on a budget"
Hotel was good as long as u have a car. 15 min ride to south beach Price was rite. N parking pretty easy which is a huge plus
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Kristine
Service was ok but the hotel was very run down and on shambles!
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Oscar
"Go somewhere else"
Worst experience ever; from trying to check-in with someone that doesn’t speak English, told that 2 towels in a room with 4 people is all I get they don’t have anymore, being charged $2.14 a day for a safe in the room I didn’t even have an access card for. …and those were the good things. The place was filthy; holes in walls and ceiling, AC unit doesn’t fit the hole so there are gaps, rust on anything metal around, hotel staff parks in the 15 minute loading zone and stays there (even when I’m trying to load a family of 8 with bags into a van), the continental breakfast was a muffin and cereal (put out late). Don’t stay here.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Darren
"Claux"
If you want a cheap hotel close to the beach this is the one, but that is what you going to get, tiny beds and bathroom. Front desk weren't very friendy and they have a small sign that is said that they r gonna charge everyday u for the safe even if u don't used it, they should put it on the price instead, i don't like surprises people that isn't right
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"Raggedy"
The hotel is in a great area on mid-beach. However, when I was selecting a Hotel I was specifically looking for one that had Wi-Fi so I could take of my travel arrangements for the next day- I could not get any connection and the staff did not have any solution. Also, they charge a mandatory $2 (plus tax + 14 cents) for a safe fee which was not wanted or needed.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
gary
"This hotel needs a major renovation!!"
Was very disappointed with this room I can't believe Expedia would use this place dirty towels dirty floors dirty beds overall would never recommend it to no one bad experience
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
robert
"Dirty Hotel"
Bed bugs, smells, leaking tub. Stop censoring facts that people should know!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
jon
"It's a 2 star hotel on north miami beach"
Title says it all. Parking is public parking nearby (1$ per hour, 6pm-6-am is free). Hotel is kinda dated, but was rather clean. Not bad for the price.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Raoul
filthy rooms and filthy hotel.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
sunny
Basic hotel, friendly staff but an old building. Rooms had everything we needed for a one night stay in Miami, however the location was a bit out of the way. Bottom line it was cheep and cheerful
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
A smaller, older hotel. Was happy with our two night stay for a quick beach trip. (If it was longer, we might have gone somewhere else.) Fulfilled our requirements of walking distance of the beach and price.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
"bad hotel"
bad hotel Unfortunately, we can't post reviews that include room rates, insults or profanity, personal details, website addresses or phone numbers.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
valdeci
People who working at the hotel are very friendly, helpful and polite. We are very satisfied with staying there. Thank you.
10 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Alexandr
unfortunately we didn't get beyond the front desk before checking into another hotel. The hotel was run down and in need of some major repairs and was not located in an area that we would consider safe for families.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"When they don´t know how to serve"
Lets start with "I booked the cheapest hotel I found" But... this hotel is ruining down! An old fachade that you can think it´s from the 80´s pop art, but it´s not trendy, it´s just Old. I stayed for 3 days in which they didn´t clean the room for the 2 first days, so that I went to the front desk and asked to do it, they answer they´ve lost the additional key, so that the couldn´t do it. I went out that night and guess? they came in, clean only the bathroom and left, leaving 2 towells when we were 3 people in the room. So I went back to the front desk in order to ask for the 3rd towell, but they didn´t have any left. I asked them how did they manage to get into the room, but nobody knew the answer. Wait, this has not ended yet. 3rd day: I went out and left the key at the front desk and made clear I needed the room cleaned. When I came back at night they couldn´t find my key. The front desk´s man tryed oppening it with no success, although they have had came in the night before, they just told me they don´t have an extra key for my room. In the end, he managed to call a man who oppened the door with an electric drill and we could get in after an hour or so. When in the room, we noticed they did the cleaning, once again they took the 3 towells out and replaceed them for only 2. When we were packing our luggage for our trip back home, there was an electric cut only in our room. We managed to en packing with the night table´s lamp. When we left, nobody even apologized
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Alejandro
Bad; the hotel staff was rude except for one gentlemen. The room was a hole in the wall, and little kids were allowed to drink alcohol outside until the wee hours of the morning
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"awful!"
Deadbolt ripped out of wall, nasty room didn't even stay but couldn't get a refund and they won't release the depsit ... My advise DONT EVER STAY THERE
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Stay away from this Hotel"
Extrem dirty place with expire breakfast sink and water tube was leaking all night there was standing water on floor maintenance guy came in to fix it said will tell front desk to change room but that never happen 2 years old girl was running in hallway 2:00am had to go tell front desk there is little girl looking for her parents no internet no parking just nasty place it was raining need ice there is ice maker in lobby had lock on it when ask front desk if I could get some ice was told go to super market
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Jameel
"Great neighborhood!"
This hotel is very cheap! The rooms are small, but clean. And the best part of a small room is that the air conditioning is COLD! Which I loved! This is a good neighborhood with lots to do and eat. As a matter of fact I spent a week there and couldn't find a bad neighborhood. They were friendly and easy to work with. Take advantage of the parking passes they sell! so cheap to park wit them! I will definitely stay again~!
4 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014
Dody
"Worst hotel stay EVER"
Room stinks, has nothing it advertised on the website, staff is rude. Only nice thing is that it was on the beach
Atrocious, rooms are nasty and beyond out of date
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Our first room was a disaster: patches on the walls and doors, funky grout in the bathroom, no fridge as promised, icky carpeting, etc.. After the elevator went out of order -and we complained that we could not climb three flights of stairs- we were given a room on the first floor for our final of three nights.. It wasn't much better than the first.. Customer service was inconsistent; some of the staff were very friendly and helpful, others -including the day manager- were downright rude. The surrounding area was a little scary, especially as we walked back in the evening. My elderly mom and I had to cross the street several times to avoid shady characters and loud arguments. Although, the proximity to the beach was excellent. Parking in front of the hotel was by muni-meter only and was in high demand because of the beach access.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"not bad"
Good location just in from the beach,only need to be more cleaning. Service really good and the have breakfast too!!!not bad!
5 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Brenda
"Nastiest hotel ever"
The hotel was the must run down hotel ever, if I had a dog I would not chose that hotel for my dog to sleep in. The room service suck, the staff suck and rude I had no wash clothes and not enough bath towel for my guest. The carpet was nasty and dirty, no children channels for kids only basic cable, maybe something they stole and that so call breakfast was horrible. I don't understand how hotel.com would recommend that hotel for anybody. I will never ever recommend that motel to anyone, it needs to be a homeless shelter instead of something you pay for, what a wasted of money hotel.com. Next time I will look before I book,
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Biggest regret
"Not so good"
No doubt it is an economical hotel close to the beach but the rooms and services are not that much good. Rooms were small and the bathrooms were not upto the mark. Rooms were not spacious either and the ceilings were terrible. They provide TV in rooms but those TVs are from 80s. One thing I liked most about the hotel is , you can go directly to the beach in no time.
Rahul
Hotel need major renovation. Location is great. Staff somewhat helpful. Short stay okay, Long stay I'll consider Days Inn next door. .
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Location"
This place is not fancy at all (TV doesn't work, no landline, sparse lobby) but the sheets were clean, there was hot water and it is right on the beach. It's perfect if you are just looking for a place to crash that is close to the beach, but if you want ANY amenities, look elsewhere.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Amber
"A good, bargain hotel in an excellent neighborhood"
I stayed for three nights at the Ocean Surf Hotel. I found the front desk staff to always be very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean overall, but the bathroom floor was not entirely clean. There were no washclothes in the bathroom; we had to ask for them. The phone didn't have a dial tone, but as my friend and I had cell phones, and we were on the first floor very close to the reception desk, we didn't even mention that the phone did not have a dial tone. They offered a very basic continental breakfast, and that certainly was a surprising benefit to the hotel stay when the price was already very low. The mattress was fine, and there was a fridge in the room. Most of all, I think I would return to this hotel because of the location - it was in a very nice neighborhood with lots of businesses within walking distance, and the beach was within easy walking distance. I really would consider returning to this hotel again on a future stay in Miami.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Heather H.
"people were rude and didn't speak English"
I will never go back there an stay my room was horrible and not like on website. There was no smoking and extra fee when we got there.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
sharneljohnson
"just cheap and good location"
just cheap and good location
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Not worth the money"
Terrible. I wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton but the cheap price wasn't worth it. The shower wall was held up by lots of staples. The window air conditioner made the room feel humid and damp. Also, there is only metered parking on the street.
"Not a good experience"
I wish i would have made a different reservation. I feel like i was mislead regarding quality of he accommodations. I would never stay there again nor recommend to anyone. The place is a very old building that needs repairs and a good paint job in and out.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Awful!"
The room was horrible....This hotel needs to be condemned!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Lawanda
"bad hotel"
sorry I stayed here. they charged me $2 extra each night because there was a safe in my room. it could not be taken out and I did not ask for it. service was poor at best and a lot of time the clerk at the desk had a hard time speaking English. I will never stay here again
3 night trip May 23, 2014
david
"nice surrounding hard to find the parking"
the hotel is in the nice surrounding just opposite to the beach its safe and have a great bar in next building.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Shashank
"It's cheap so you get what you pay for."
Most hotel offers free parking but not here. No parking. I was disappointed seeing the room so nasty. Bed sheet has not been changed. It was dirty.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014