All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1393 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 1C6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good location, large room, good service. My only complaint was that there was no AC. So we had to sleep with the windows open. The neighborhood was living at night making it a little uncomfortable to sleep.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Randall
"Bad feelings"
Was there before room Was ready. No bathroom to use in building. Had to walk to another business to use bathroom.... Very agrivating.....
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
larry
"UGH! Not worth the money (or even half that)."
"Deluxe" room REALLY wasn't! We were right next to the front desk, with a paper-thin door. The carpets were tired, and the bathroom had black stains in the (rather strange) shower.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Terry
"Decent hotel, great location"
Clean and presentable. Very spacious, I liked the kitchenette with the fridge and separate living room. There was a dinning area un the lobby but they only served coffee and tea. At continental breakfast would have been a nice touch to avoid having to go pick up food every morning and come back. There were plates and glasses in the room and we were able to get a microwave brought to the room as well. The hotel has central heating so the rooms were very hot; they did provide us with a fan and we kept the windows open the entire stay. Robson street was great tons if shops and restaurants so we were able to walk everywhere easily. The hotel staff was very nice just sometimes there was a slight language barrier and they give you the deer in headlights face but we managed and they were very helpful. Overall the price was sort of high for the hotel but the location makes up for itm
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Aisha
"Great value, great staff, great location"
We had another terrific stay at the Greenbrier Hotel. The staff is always friendly, helpful, and professional. The accommodations are not 5-star quality, but you really can't beat the value and location. The room was large and comfortable, and we appreciated the convenience of the kitchenette. Housekeeping kept us well stocked with clean towels and kitchen implements. I highly recommend the Greenbrier Hotel to travelers looking for a great stay in the heart of downtown.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great staff service"
The stay was good but the continued heat made it very warm other than that service was great and location was too.
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Terry
"Affordable, Great Location, Friendly Staff"
I needed a place to stay while visiting Canada for an entire week while I sorted out business in Vancouver. I needed a place that was affordable, clean, accommodating. The Greenbrier met all these expectations and more. I was able to get a very affordable room for 5 nights in February, and my room was an executive suite, no less! Since I was using my room as a virtual business center for my stay, it made for a very roomy pleasant place to be most of the day. Staff was super friendly, super helpful, always willing to help. My room had a kitchen area including a fridge and a stove, a large living room space, private bathroom and separate bedroom. I almost feel bad I didn't get to take advantage of all the great amenities. The location was very good, located right in the middle of West End, near Coal Harbour, made for great walking distance to everything in Vancouver downtown. While staying on Robson can sometimes be noisy (Street noise), my bedroom was quiet so sleeping was of no issue. Wi-Fi was a bit iffy, as it would cut in and out sometimes, but I still managed to get all my work done in the time I was there. Overall, a great experience. For anyone looking for an affordable stay in Vancouver with a great value, Greenbrier is fantastic.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Cheap hotel with a good central location"
The hotel is great if you just want to stay somewhere cheap while visiting Vancouver. If you want a flash hotel then this is not the place for you. Rooms were clean and basic and serviced everyday.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Lex
"Quaint older facility"
The heating is central, not room controlled. My room was too warm and there was nothing the staff could do.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
traveler
"Great locations, old hotel"
Positives: great location, friendly prompt staff, clean room Negatives: too hot (could not control room heaters), no screens on windows (did not feel safe on second floor while having to have windows open due to heat), parking for $21(US) per day, hard bed, loud from street
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"new year party"
Good hotel location and price
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Nicholas
The people who work here are very nice and will help with whatever you need. It's clearly not a luxury hotel but for what we needed, it did the job. The only drawback is that there is a lot of extra payments you don't account for- parking, late check-out, etc.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Unbearably hot"
Location is great but they have the heat blasting and you can't control it from your room. It was unbearable. Had to sleep with a fan blowing on me all night. I would not stay here again.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"not swanky, but comfortable and convenient"
I really enjoyed my stay at the Greenbrier. The staff were very kind and helpful. The location is great, near great food on Denman, shopping on Robson, just up the hill from the sea wall and harbor, close to downtown but not too close (10-15 min walk). And my room had a great little kitchenette and was quiet (except for a little street noise on Saturday night). The hotel is not quite as swanky as it looks online, but there is a fresh coat of paint everywhere, fresh beds and linens, new carpet, and very clean new bathrooms. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, especially at the price.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Pragmatic accommodations in great location"
Convenient to have a full kitchenette. Location is conducive to eating out (great Asian restaurants nearby, and a super Greek one next door) or buy groceries nearby. Although the room has the cooking facilities, you have to ask for EVERYTHING, including a fork or spoon or a trash can. The staff is uber accommodating, however. No microwave in the room. No real other amenities whatsoever. Decent internet. Room is TOO HOT! No temperature control. No elevator. Outside air comes from alley and smells like it.
5 night trip Oct 17, 2014
John Gierke
"More than a Hotel"
It was like having a one room condo / apartment.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"fantastic location"
it's all about location at the greenbriar hotel on robson street in downtown vancouver. the building is old and the rooms worn out but having a kitchen and loads of space makes up for it. the rooms were clean and the beds were very comfy. i would definitely stay here again when on budget travel. Nika (Sp!) at the front desk was very helpful...thanks.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
jean
"Please avoid..."
When I got to the hotel to check in, the Vancouver PD were there taking a statement in regards to an incident that had taken place earlier on. Should have been my first clue. My second clue ? I was then asked to leave a deposit even though I had prepaid for the room, pretty unusualy given that they already had my money... Third clue? The stairs, they had not been vacuumed and the hand rail gong up the stairs was sticky. I eveentually got to my room. First thing I do in any hotel is check for the dreaded bed bug. Thankfully, the bed had a plastic cover over the matress that stopped infestation. Couldn't find a trace. The bathroom was pretty gnarly. The caulking around the bathtub is in serious need of replacement, the shower curtain had mildew and I am really hoping that the orange stain on the curtain was rust.... Needless to say, this hotel is over priced. The staff were civil and the location was good. I let staff know about the issues with the room at check out. I was told they knew about the issues and would be doing renovations in the winter. Really? Considering the tourism indrustry in Vancouver, I would pick up my boot straps and get to work as a hotel like this won't last long.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Great especially for price"
The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect. We were able to walk down to Stanley Park as well as up and down Robson Street, which is packed with shops, restaurants and bars. Taxi to Granville Island was cheap and there is a free shuttle running on Robson Street out to the suspension bridge for some outside sight seeing. Arrived early and rather than annoyed, staff was super accommodating and even apologetic when getting our room ready. If you are staying a while, our room had a full kitchen and living room if you want to cook or keep some snacks stored away. Hotel is money...
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
CBev
"Surprises GAlore"
Before I give the location a negative comment, I want to make sure that it is understood that the staff there were amazing. When we checked in, the front desk personnel insisted as a hotel policy to charge my credit card an additional $200.00 tho we pre booked and paid 3 months in advance. I refused to do so and asked for a refund and they said that we needed to call in advance 24hrs. So not to loose the money I put it on my credit card. We then came back our room was very hot and asked the front desk how to turn on the air conditioning. Sorry sir we do not have air conditioning but we can give you a fan to use....and they did. Later we used the toilet for the first time. It was plugged and would not flush so the front desk personnel came in with the plunger and fixed it. We were told not to put toilet paper in the toilet after we wiped and to put it in the garbage located beside the toilet. The pluming is from the 60's he said. In the morning we got up, had our breakfast which was good. Upon checking out, I got into an argument regarding my $200.00 deposit and they called the maid in to go over the room and she told them it was fine. Then they said that they would release it tomorrow.....I said no, you will release it now and threatened them with calling the police. The manager stepped in and finally released it.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Sten Salatelis
"very good location"
My stay is ok,but they did not credit me back $200 deposit yet.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Not worth it"
The hotel is located in a very noisy neighborhood a long walk from the train and convention center. There is an all night car rental company next door. Also the streets tend to be used for drag racing at all hours of the night. That wouldn't be that bad if the hotel had air conditioning. In the summer months it is too warm to not leave the windows open. Even with the windows open there are no ceiling fans to circulate the air so I ended up sweating all night. The rooms were basically a converted apartment with two double beds crammed into a bedroom made for a single bed. You had to climb over the bed to get to the closet. The free hot breakfast advertised consisted of sliced bread and jam with a toaster. Definitely not worth the price.
4 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great location and price."
Location is great - right on Robson. Was quieter than I thought it might be. Room was a large one bedroom suite. Bathroom had a funny odor - probably from dampness.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"More than what you pay for"
This is a lovely unpretentious hotel with apartment-like rooms. It is not a luxury hotel with fancy amenities but it doesn't pretend to be. My wife and I enjoyed the basic continental breakfast but weren't able to find any stale donuts or croissants and we had seen in earlier reviews. Everything was fresh.
7 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Marcos Dinnerstein
"Good location, comfy rooms"
The location was perfect, within walking distance to top attractions. It was also nice to have a kitchen in the suite.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great place for Winter or when it is cold"
I was given a room up on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator. Luckily the front desk guy carried my 50 lb. suitcase up to the 3rd floor. Vancouver was having a heat wave and the hotel does not have air conditioning nor proper ventilation. I was ill 2 of the days due to the heat and could not sleep. This would be a great place int he winter as long as you have someone to carry your 50lb suitcase to and from your room. I would stay there if I returned in the winter, but I would not recommend this place to anyone traveling in the summer or when it is warm.
LM
"No elevators and remodeling needed"
This three-story (plus parking in basement) has no elevators. Remodeling / upgrading is badly needed in some rooms (i.e., uneven floors, substandard plumbing, inappropriate use of space as closet was inaccessible). Rooms were not adequately set up with linen, garbage baskets, or kitchen utensils. Windows need screens. Location however was great, right in the middle of downtown.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Very close to West End downtown"
The Greenbrier was a very nice stay for us. For how much we spend on the room I think we got more than we were expecting. The room had a living room and kitchen which made our stay very comfortable and spacious. The front desk people weren't too helpful with our questions, but because we were in the West End everything was within walking distance that we wanted to see. Bike rentals for Stanley Park were only a few blocks away from teh hotel. Definitely worth staying here if you are visiting Vancouver!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Large Comfy Room"
Our room was larger than expected, with a kitchen, dining, and living room. It was clean & comfortable. Overall, it was a great value for cost. The room didn't have AC (which wasn't a big deal) and the staff has fans available very quickly when asked. Couple neg things. 1. No elevator. 2. Our shower curtain smelled Very moldy
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Stayed on third floor and NO ELEVATORS and not much of a Breakfast. We was disapointed, and we would not go back there. Old carpet.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Decent, mainly because of the location and price"
The breakfast was bread and jam, there were not enough amenities in the room, too warm in the rooms (though you have the option of requesting an air conditioner). The lobby doesn't offer much at all, but the location was absolutely perfect, especially for the price of the hotel!
6 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Very convenient location"
Love it. It is not a high-end hotel but it has a good price compared to other ones around this area. We'll definitely be back.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Nguyen
"good location"
nO AIR CONDITIONING...
3 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
Gary nelson
Great location for our needs. Room had a full kitchen which would be great for longer stays. Would stay here again if we return for another visit.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"A pleasant surprise in the center of town"
The hotel is by no means modern, but it is clean, comfortable, and in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that there was no elevator. We came from a cruise and had a ton of luggage, so that was not great but we were offered assistance upstairs.
Nadia
"I enjoyed my stay"
I stayed here with low expectations and it was great. The hotel is very old and a bit run down but I loved it. I had a huge room with living room and kitchen and it felt more like an apartment. The personel are super nice and the breakfast is not great but not many hotels include breakfast as part of a rate like this one. I will stay here next time I go to Vancouver. The price is very good and the hotel is just like staying at an apartment.
6 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Friendly and helpful staff. Requested towels and told 15 minute wait. Towels never arrived. No amenities-no Kleenex, paper towels or kitchen items. Quiet location. Easy to get around town.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
This hotel isn't a "5 star" but I think it was perfect for what we needed. It had a good location-we were able to walk to many things and it was a good area of town. For the price, if we are ever in Vancouver we would consider staying there again.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
"New Management Cost Cutting Lowers Value"
I have stayed at the Greenbriar five times during the last three years. Management has made many cost cutting changes which really makes the Greenbriar at most a two star hotel. There is no light breakfast, just terrible coffee and inedible donuts and sweet rolls that are two days stale. There is a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee, tea or condiments are offered, a new policy. As a suite hotel incredibly, there are no pots, pans or utensils in the room. The room prices have increased and there are four hotels within a block that are a better value. I was told that I was given the worst room in the hotel "because I booked on hotels.com." The hotel is staffed by enthusiastic young students, but that does not compensate for the very tired rooms eccentric furniture. After three years staying at the Greenbriar I will be trying one of the other less expensive suite hotels that surround it.
4 night trip May 21, 2014
Jeremy Haar
"Two night stay"
The accommodations were pleasant and clean. One issue was the claustrophobic bathroom. Two could not occupy the room at the same time unless one was in the shower. Second issue was that there were no environmental controls (heating/cooling) that we could find. Third issue was no elevator; schlepping suitcases up stairs is a pain. However, we will likely choose the Greenbrier again when we visit Vancouver.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Double charged by mistake"
Double charged to my credit card for the stay. I had already paid through ExpediIa.com but the staff charged me again on the site. When I checked out, they told me I would be credited for the duplicate charge. But when I checked my credit account after I came home, it still was there. Also, this hotel has no elevator.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Great hotel for BMO marathon"
This is good place to stay if running the BMO marathon. Just a short walk for dinner the night before for many choices. Also a short walk back after the race. It's uphill, but short. We were also able to get a late check out so I had time for a shower before the drive home over the border. It's a comfortable hotel with a nice little kitchen. Nothing in the kitchen, no pot or flat wear, but I could bring my own. Comfy beds and hot water. My husband said the breakfast was not very good but there is a Startbucks on the corner so no big deal. Oh! And parking for $20. A bargain for the city!
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Jodi
"Nice little hotel in downtown"
I stayed for 3 nights. The front desk clerks were always helpful. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The wifi wasn't the best. I had to stand in the entry hallway for best signal. There was not a safe in the room. It was in a great location on Robson St. near many restaurants, stores, a bike rental place, and a beautiful park.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Emilio
"the best downtown ooption"
The location is excellent on Robson Street. The executive suite offered a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and salon for a very good price. For breakfast there is toast and bagels with butter and marmelade.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Carina
The hotel is in a perfect location for a very reasonable price. We would stay here again the next time we are in Vancouver. We received a free upgrade and it was convenient to have a fridge. Don't count on the breakfast, the pastries were old and stale but there is a Starbucks a few doors down. The sushi place a few doors down some if the best sushi we've ever had.
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"Old and Musty"
Hotel is old and not at all updated. Continental breakfast served stale croissants and scones. No elevator. Although the room had a kitchen there were no pots pans or utensils. Only things positive we're friendly staff, clean sheets and comfortable beds.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
BPR
"Great location, good value"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a good value for the area. It is withing walking distance of many of the major things we wanted to do ie. Stanley Park, the Aquarium, Bus Stops, Restaraunts, shopping etc. The hotel is pretty dated though, so don't expect everything to be shiny and new. However, even though many things are well used evertything was clean. I would stay there again. It was a great base of operations. If you want a destination, luxury hotel this is not it. If you want a clean, friendly, well located hotel this is it.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
DMS
"Great location, great people"
My wife and I loved our stay here. It's a great location, right on one of downtown Vancouver's main roads. Parking is available for cheap, and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Marcus
"Great location great price"
Rooms are huge and its at a great location right on Robson near shopping and eatting. Smaller and older hotel but it makes do for the price compared to other hotels. Would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Nice, well located neighborhood hotel"
Nice, clean, older European style hotel. Lack of elevator was only drawback when staying on the 3rd floor, but staff assisted with luggage. All staff were very accommodating and helpful with orientation, local cafes, bus stops, etc. Close to Hop on Hop off bus stop, Canada Line and Skytrain station.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2013