All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
44 W 63rd St, New York, NY, 10023, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awful experience. Not 4 star hotel"
Room was very small, smelly and had mildew in bathroom. Air conditioning was insufficient. We were there in April so the weather was not hot but the AC was still insufficient even at highest setting to cool the room at night.
4 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Monica
Wonderful lobby/bar. Bed and linens really comfy and clean. Only drawback was teeny, tiny bathroom. My husband could barely fit in it and still close the door!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Jodi
"Great location at Lincoln Center"
I always stay at the Empire and will continue to stay there because it is just steps from the Met. The building is old, rooms tiny and decor has seen better days. The room would be too small for two but I made it work. This trip my room was on the 2nd floor and too close to the street. Noise disturbed my sleep all night. Next time I'll ask for a quiet room. There are no amenities provided by the hotel, yet the staff will respond immediately and do their absolute best to solve any problem. Room service is prompt and the food is good, but not available between breakfast and dinner. After late theater nights, I found them closed when I wanted breakfast in my room. However there is a Starbucks on the corner for late risers.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Pinky
"The Lost Empire"
We were in a room for handicapped persons. The rug prevented the bathroom door from closing. There was a metal cart in the bathroom to put toiletries. Not enough room. The room was small and cramped. We are not handicapped soI do not know how handicapped person would feel comfortable. When I addressed this with the clerk she asked why we didn't complain right away. Bad business.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Eleanor
"Great place to stay in NYC"
They were able to get me into my room early which was fantastic. Everything was great for the overnight business trip. Would stay again.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"front desk"
All went well until my shower stopped working. I had to call the front desk 4 times before the matter was resolved.
4 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
Arthur
"Great location TINY room"
Even for NYC my room was very small and the staff isn't the friendliest bunch...but fun area and easy to walk to everything. Very nice decor as well.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
The hotel is right across the street from The Metropolitan Opera House. It was a very pleasant place to stay. The staff was friendly, the beds were very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
L
"Empire Hotel - Great Location"
Great location. Hotel's a little 'tired' and could use some remodeling, but rooms are comfortable and quiet.
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Guy
"Not bad but not Great"
Elevators took forever. One was broken. Hotel definitely needs updating but good value for the cost.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Wonderful stay"
Great short stay! Wonderful staff
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Dianne
The decor is a bit too Texan for my taste... too much going on and too much animal print. But at least is was done consistently. The problem with this hotel is the elevator that it takes for ever and that it makes noises... I know it is probably a very old building, but since they renovated it all, I think they should have addressed the elevators. The rooftop bar seems to be very popular, front desk person was nice enough to warn us not to take the room on the 11th floor which was the only available when we arrived at 10am, and instead we waited for a room on the 5th floor. It was a good decision since we could also come down using the stairs instead of the elevator! The room had a nice large window and nice NYC view. The bathroom was a bit awkward since the sink is behind a column, so you have to sort of wash your teeth in flont of the toilet bowl and reach diagonally to the sink. Oh well, it's NYC after all... but for over $330 a night in regular season you would expect more.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Excellent location, small room, but what can you expect in NYC. All rooms are small. Great view
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Nice hotel but rooms are extremely small. Bathrooms hard to move around in. Great location and staff was wonderful!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel near Lincoln Center"
We had a good stay at the Empire after we got past a rocky check-in and a terrible restaurant selection from the concierge. I booked two rooms together and asked that they be near each other or on the same floor. I also booked one room under my name and one under my daughter's (both prepaid) because she was arriving early and I wanted her to be able to check in immediately. When we showed up, the rooms were on different floors and under my husband's name. Also, my daughter wasn't allowed to check, although she was given several different reasons for this, so she sat in the lobby for a couple hours. But the front desk worked hard to correct the problem and upgraded her room so she could be on the same floor (no small things since the elevators can take forever). Then it was on to the concierge who recommended an Italian restaurant nearby that wouldn't need a reservation. We were starving after a long trip, so we went straight to the restaurant which told us they were booked until 9pm and we should ALWAYS make reservations. Later at the bar, the hostess served us our drinks quickly and then ignored us for the rest of the night. In short, service is a bit uneven. Our upgraded bedrooms (deluxe King) seem very large by NY standards with a bump out for a chair and desk. The bathrooms are quite small and the shower takes a minute to figure out, but it's all quite chic and comfy.
Lee
"It depends what you want it for"
The Empire is an OK hotel, by which I mean good enough, but with a charmed location if one is going to any performance at Lincoln Center. It's across the street and it means entirely escaping the rush for cabs after the performance. That's the entire reason for staying at the Empire. And the facility is OK. Breakfast is a choice between a cold buffet at a sensible price and hot breakfast at a more or less sensible price, particularly by NYC hotel standards. And attached to the hotel is Ed's Chowder House, a fish restaurant that delivers an honestly very good meal at a price that causes no pain, one of the better establishments in the area.
Claude
"very poor hotel service-abusive"
Very poor service. Check in experience was horrible. Very poor staff.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"the room was very clean and the staff was friendly"
Excellent location for Lincoln Centre, Central Park and Columbus Circus. Just a few yards to walk to the Subway with only a few stops to Times Square. Pleasant helpful staff, comfortable and clean
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Lan
Good experience - room, bar, breakfast were all very good.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Suzy-Q
Staff was very friendly and responsive. For example, I couldn't get the heat to work and it was shut down once the temperature reached 50 degrees - so they ran a space heater up to my room.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
I will not stay her again for the money. It is either noisy or it offers disappointing inside view (also a bit noisy from the old fans). Old, dark... I do not feel good in darkness.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Great place for an overnight stay!"
Our stay was great, I knew the room would be very small but I thought it would have been kept in better shape. A lot of the paint was peeling and the floor in the bathroom was buckling because when you take a shower in there the water goes everywhere. However, the ambiance of the hotel was really nice and so was the staff.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Rachel
"Great location - aging infrastructure."
Capable staff, good to fine food at the restaurant but with tattered chairs that screech. Lame A/C in the 11th floor room. No dresser in room. No hair dryer. Telescoping mirror is mounted over the toilet(?). Great K-cup coffee pot. Good quality mattress. Internet connection is .25/mt in the business room - the Windows installation is brittle. High speed elevators have amusingly creaky doors.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"My shark tank stop at empire"
Nice people! Great customer service!
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
"Very nice hotel close to all"
Enjoyed room, hotel restaurant and location very much
s
"Not enough comfort for the price"
I always expect a better stay, and I am generally disappointed. I got a good deal on the room, and due to the price, I didn't expect a terrific view, but for the tiny space, I wish that some amenities were better, or at least complimentary. Charging 3 to 5 dollars for in room coffee is ridiculous. The bed was comfortable enough, and pillows, sheets and duvet very nice, with a high thread count. The major sticking point is the bathroom, which has been a problem for the last couple of stays I have had here. The lighting is horrible. One light from the ceiling that is split between the sink and and the shower. The space is non-existent. The worst is that there is no space to open and close the door as you enter the bathroom. You almost have to go into the shower to close the door. It becomes very impractical in the middle of the night when you wake out of deep sleep. The sink is impossible shallow, so step back the first time you turn on the tap or you will get splashed. Lastly, the elevators are a disaster. There never seemed to be more than one working, and the wait time became a real issue. The staff is really a selling point for the hotel- everything is very clean, most everyone is very courteous and helpful.
"Could be better!"
We heard that the rooms were very small, so we upgraded to a deluxe room. Disappointed that there was no place to put our clothes and we had to live out of our suitcase. It would be helpful if there was a dresser under the TV instead of a glass desk. Also it would be helpful if the refrigerator was placed somewhere other than the closet so we could hang our clothes! We had eggs and fruit at the breakfast buffet and we were shocked to see a charge for $66.00. Eat elsewhere. On a positive note, the location was great and the staff was very friendly.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Nice Hotel in great area"
We enjoyed our stay at the Empire which was primarily chosen due to it's Gossip Girl affiliation. The staff was very nice and helpful. Due to that, I overlooked the condition that parts of the room (primarily the bathroom) were in. It definitely needs a little work, but I would recommend the hotel.
3 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Ella
"Pleasant stay"
Everything was great. My only comment would be the configuration of the bathroom. The sink was situated in a nook to it was impossible to stand in front of the sink - there was very little room between the sink and the wall. You could not bend down to brush your teeth.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Good location, but very small noisy room."
The room was noisy because it was next to all of the air conditioning and furnace units. No way to control thermostat-wires hanging out of unit. Room was very small. Mini-bar refresher man just came walking into my room. Sink-very shallow so water sprayed up and out of the sink when you used it. Elevators were very slow!!!!!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Not what you pay for"
Hotel was average at its best, was so excited to stay yet dissapointed once i did Elevators are chaos, no floor numbers on panel, they work when they feel like. De Luxe King Room was a regular room anywhere. Great nieghboorhood though n restaurant next door
4 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
lazaro
"Pretty good"
The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were clean. The beds weren't very comfy and the elevators squeaked like crazy.
4 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
I thought it was a five star hotel with good amenities, but the it is small and dark. The furnitures look old.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Hotel in disrepair"
Shower leaked water onto the floor and the bathroom smelled very musty. . . the room was well appointed, but not well maintained -- this was evident in the old, dented A/C unit and the many issues in the bathroom.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
kenneth
"Not as fancy as hyped up to be"
Stayed here for 3 nights the first weekend of April. Our room was a double bed, I felt it was a little tight but that's to be expected in New York. I was really excited about this place as I am a big fan of the show Gossip Girl, but I was disappointed. One of my biggest complaints is that we could not get the room to a comfortable temperature. It always felt so warm and muggy. Plus the a/c unit was pretty loud. The elevators were a problem too. They are slow and broke down easily. When it came to check out time for us there was only 1 out of 4 elevators working so you can imagine what a cluster that was. Overall, I thought the hotel was okay, it's an old building so you have to keep that in mind. The location is nice but I probably would not stay here again.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Alexis
"Nice design but terrible bathrooms!"
We were excited to stay at the Empire and upon walking in was thrilled with the ambiance. It didn't take long for things to turn to a vacation of inconvenience. Every time we would go back to our room from being out we would need a new key because ours had demagnetized. We were careful to keep it away from our phones and other cards just so this wouldn't happened but that did not help. The bathroom was tiny and had no counter space. Our shower was completely open in front of the shower head so the majority of the floor got wet when in use. The pool was also closed for our entire visit. Definitely not worth the price we paid.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Paula
"Don't waste the money"
The only good thing about this hotel is its location. We were placed in a room on the 12th floor for our first night ad while the reps outside were in the 40s ad 50s, it was 80 to 90 in the room. We turned on the air as opened the window but it never cooled off. When we asked to move the next day we had to pack up our stuff and move it five floors down. No bell service no assistance ... Nothing. The shower in that room wouldn't get hot so we all had to take like warm to cold showers. I would not stay here again and would tell anyone else to save the $700 for two nights and stay at a real luxury hotel in Manhattan.
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Jill
"Great location for Lincoln Center and other sites."
Hotel was good, small room but had everything you need but you payed extra for in-room coffee and internet access!
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Very disappointed"
This was a very disappointing stay. The heating in the rooms is absolutely horrible. On top of that, there are noisy fans outside of the hotel, which caused me to sleep like poorly. The adjacent restaurant is ridiculously overpriced, even for New York. I will never be back. Very very bad.
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Pageant Weekend"
They did not honor the rate from the website.
3 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Shekinah
"ehhh.decent"
Staff was great however being an "old hotel" is no excuse. The a.c in the room did not work well. luckily the windows up to get some form of cross breeze. The bathroom door was filthy and you could see dust buildup along the door frame, floor and shower frame. Other than that the room was decent. Hotel however is located in a great area.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
K.
"Great value in NYC"
Great hotel in a great location in NYC. Good value and our room was actually a decent sized room for a NYC hotel room! Great location close to subway. Very friendly bellmen super helpful as well as the front desk!
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Shari
"Location,style, comfort,price"
At Lincoln Center, easy walk to Central Park and museums, 5th Ave and Rockefeller and Broadway. Easy access to subway. Many local shops, cafes and restaurants. Rooms quiet comfortable and clean; did not use food services; staff extremely helpful-even at 4.30am helping print boarding pass!
kate
Great hotel, however it was a bit noisy and walls were very thin.
Suzie
"Right at Lincoln Center"
The doormen, bellmen are very quick to help arrivals and departures. Front desk 100% efficient.
Vinny
"Great Staff"
Staff was great, Brian was very helpful! Nice decor in room and lobby. Close to many site seeing areas. Shower was Awesoem!
"Great Lincoln Center Hotel"
Excellent location directly across from Lincoln Center. Easy to find cabs or jump on the subway. Easy walk to park and midtown. Room was lovely, especially for the price. PJ Clarke's right next door offers fantastic food and service for lunch and dinner and weekend brunch. Energetic lobby is welcoming and fun.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Megan
Good location next to Lincoln Center and Central Park. Nice walk to Times Square. Elevators in building were very slow.
suzanne
We liked the Hotel but the staff treated us differently because we paid cash. They didn't tell us about the amenities in the Hotel we had to ask them.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"I'll be back"
Customer service was amazing!!! Room was comfortable.
3 night trip with friends Mar 24, 2015