All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
44 W 63rd St, New York, NY, 10023, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Little room in the big apple"
I would start off by complementing the valet guys, they suggested parking in a nearby garage which was $40 for 24hr parking instead of the $70 24hr parking offered by the hotel. It was great because it was in an indoor garage and only a street over from the hotel. When I walked in to check in, the front desk staff did not smile or ask for any further accommodations. However, I figured that's the kind of service you would get from a 3 star hotel. When I walked into the room, it was like walking into a dorm room. There was just enough room to walk around the bed and the view was not that pleasing unless if you're into brick walls and air conditioning units. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom consisted of a toilet right next to a sink and a shower that did not have a door so I recommend you put a towel on the floor so you don't slip. All in all I would give this place a 3 out of 5 score. A bit steep for what you get, but again remember you are near central park and lots of shops nearby which is ideal for day time shopping/activities.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Christian
"Governor"
Excellent, comfortable
1 night trip May 31, 2015
Harold
"Great room and location"
This was a great hotel for our weekend getaway to see the ballet. The front desk personnel were friendly, and the room was above the NYC average.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Cheryl
"Columbus Circle Gem"
Business Meetings at Fordham Lincoln Center - what can be more convenient! Great location. Rooms are small but spotless. Pool area on roof is perfect for reading, and a swim before/after work. Would be nice if they could squeeze a comfortable chair in my room, and better lighting would be great.
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Great location!"
Great location near Lincoln Center and Central Park. Lots of shops and food in walking distance. Very close to Subway station. The staff was very helpful. Rooms were pretty small but very clean. Great stay.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
"The bar is nice hotel is gross"
Room reeked of chlorine- i didnt even stay the night - bar is nice - used to be a nice hotel in need of major renovations
Vicky
perfect location, but tiny rooms and not a bit noisy
"Fabulous!"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Empire Hotel! Everyone from the Front Desk, parking valet, doorman, cleaning staff, and rooftop breakfast staff were very friendly and always helpful. We definitely recommend staying at this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Stay away"
Unless you like incredible small, dark, run down over price rooms stay away!!
"A Great Convenience"
I love to be around Lincoln Center since I see ABT perform at the Med during their season. The staff has always been very helpful and very professional. The room I stayed in Rm 923, could really be freshened up especially the bathroom. Fresh paint, new tiles and BTW the sink may look cool but it's not. I love the fact that Ed's Chowder House is right within the hotel. Very convenient and wonderful.
1 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
Ellen
"Grungy Hotel"
Dirty small hotel rooms. Stained headboards, curtains, walls, and peeling wall paper. Mildew in bathrooms as well. Requested an upgrade and the upgraded room had stained curtains, mildew in the bathroom, and peeling wallpaper. Entire floor and hallway smelled like a dirty Las Vegas hotel. Canceled our stay from four nights to one night. We went to The Westin New York Times square for a cheaper and larger room. This also was a better location and extremely clean rooms.
4 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
Repeat stays because of location. Complained about problems with shower, electrical outlet in bath dead, no coffee for coffee maker and they now charge $3 if you make coffee in the room.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Inge
"Location, location, location"
The pluses: just a short hop to subway, Central Park, Columbus Circle, and the room was spacious enough. The minuses: the room snacks, room bar and sundries prices were outrageous. Wifi was not free. The bathroom sink left little to be desired, it was clogged. When I checked out and told the front desk about the sink, I was not even offered an apology, no thank you, no nothing.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Had fun on the rooftop Came in for a charity event
Other trip May 21, 2015
Marie
"Very nice room, nicely appointed, spacious enough"
Everything you need here - multiple restaurants, convenient to attractions and entertainment. Wish it was cheaper, I would stay more often! In room Keurig, lovely rain showerhead. Street noise even on the sixth floor but I guess that's NYC. Bring earplugs lol.
Other trip May 19, 2015
csg
"Nice hotel fails to meet expectations."
Our room had an amazing view of Lincoln Center, but unfortunately it was hard to enjoy because our AC was out for two days. The elevators were out one day as well.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Nice location in proximity to Lincoln Center"
The Empire was recommended by a business colleague. I will definitely come back!
Other trip May 17, 2015
Michele
"Very nice hotel! Nice location!"
Beautiful hotel. Good location. Convinience to go for shipping, eating and all great Apple activities.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Sean
"Clean, friendly staff, good location but..."
I was recently in New York City for a brief two day stay, so I got a hotel room so me and my two close girlfriends who live there could have a slumber party and maximize our time together, and the rooftop bar looked great in the pictures. I also took a dance class at the JCC while I was there, and this hotel was within walking distance. The room certainly was clean and the beds comfortable, but everything else just reminded me of why I like small boutique hotels more. There was a Keurig coffee maker in the room, but it was $3 per pod to have coffee! Internet was available at $12.95 a day. It started to remind me of the reasons I'm glad I don't live in New York anymore. When we decided to have a drink at the rooftop bar we had to wait in line for the elevator and were greeted with loud music and flashing lights when we got to it. I had illusions of enjoying the skyline that evening. We went to the lobby, which was beautiful, and enjoyed some very nice cocktails.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Omkitty
"Empire experience"
I stay in this hotel out of location convenience to Lincoln Center. This hotel needs a face-lift.
3 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Acceptable, but could do better"
We had a nice family weekend in NYC and stayed at the Empire Hotel because it is a favorite of my father-in-law. The location is OK depending on your activity plan and the hotel staff was quite friendly and courteous. The double-double room we had felt a bit cramped for the three of us (wife and five year old boy). The bathroom was small and felt even smaller with several minor irritations such as not being able to operate the shower valve without having the first bucket of cold water dumped on you and a fixed glass "half" shower door that makes it nearly impossible to keep water from splashing out onto the floor. On our check-out day three out of four elevators were not working properly so the wait times for the elevator were excruciatingly long and once loaded on board you had to stop at every single floor and wait for the doors to open and close again as there were too many people waiting than could fit into the car. The beds were comfortable and we slept well, although the heating/cooling unit near the window was a little bit noisy - it masked the noise of the city. The room was hotter than expected (it was not particularly hot outside) without running the AC unit.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Empire Hotel NYC- a mixed bag"
The room was plenty big - but the bathroom was so small that there was absolutely no where to put anything - no counter at all and the sink was so shallow that whenever we turned on the water we got soaked with the splash back. The AC did not work, and when we complained we got no service. The bar was a nice place to meet and chat. And the location could not have been better!
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Jamie
"Wouldn't stay here again"
Elevator was broken and staff hardly seemed to care. Shower is room was not functioning and it took almost a dozen calls to get someone up to the room.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Fun get-away!"
Nice hotel, great location! Roof-top dancing!
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Gordon
Hole in carpet, Wifi 12.95 a day extra, stopper in sink had to be removed for sink to flow.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Average"
Bathrooms were never swept and very small. Front desk wasn't super friendly. Food was good. Location good
4 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"Very convienent. We love Opera."
Friendly and helpful. No long wait for your car. Breakfast is excellent, not too expensive.
almut
"Prices were way too expensive !"
Food,drinks,too expensive, rooms too small ! Close to the gardens, but wouldn't stay there again.
spring travel
We've had a great experience by staying in empire hotel. The proximity to a lot transportation modes and the Central Park gave us a the confort needed.. The staff also was helpful..
carlos
"Close to Lincoln Center"
A nice hotel located close to subway and over the road from Lincoln Center. Accomodation is good value but not the food service.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Jack
"Great home base in New York"
Comfortable and up to expectations. The rooms all need another coat of paint, but are reasonably roomy for a NY hotel. The location is incredibly convenient and only a few short blocks from many express trains at Columbus Circle.
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Alison
"Hotel sited perfectly"
Standard rooms are tiny. Rod for clothes to hang was so high up had to order a step stool to reach hangers, etc. Tiny, tiny too tiny. Bed mattress very, very firm!
4 night trip May 1, 2015
"Empire"
Great location! It was our first time visiting New York and we have everything we needed only a couple of steps away. The subway was maybe a 2 min walk. Central Park is across the street. If you forgot something there's a store on the corner of the hotel and a 2 min walk is a grocery store. Rooms were small. No counter in the bathroom made getting ready a little difficult and the only thing you could set your brush or curling iron on was the back of the toilet seat..my blow dryer went swimming. One down side was that we booked here because we heard about the roof top club but we were told you had to be on the guest list?!?!!! I guess we could have stayed somewhere else because that was a big thing for us.
Other trip May 6, 2015
just being hone
"Comfort in New York"
Hotel staff were very friendly, the room was small but clean and comfortable. Great view from our room of Lincoln Center. Would definitely book here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
robert
"Great Neighborhood"
Not the best hotel that I've been in but it's OK and it's across the street from Lincoln Center with lots of good restaurants and interesting things to see.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"It could be better"
I stayed in room 218 and I felt like I was sleeping in the street. The noise from the passing cars took filled my room.
2 night trip May 1, 2015
Expensive for very small room. Swimming area closed and private functions on top floor
Other trip May 4, 2015
Awesome experience! Upgraded our room, we had to wait an extra hour before we could fully check in, but that wasn't a big deal. We also got free drinks at the bar. They were extremely kind staff. They made the experience and price worth it!
Other trip May 4, 2015
"The Good, the Bad, and the Really Bad"
Let's start with the Good: Most of the staff were kind. The front desk assistant who checked me in was pleasant, as were all the doormen I encountered. The decor and furnishings, especially in the lobby area, are tasteful and well appointed. Sadly, that about sums up the good. Now for the rest of it: The room itself, though tasteful, is completely non-functional. The bathroom is tiny, and the area between the sink and the wall is not large enough to accommodate an adult human. As a result, I had to get ready in the main room, where I dried and curled my hair while sitting on the bed. The ironing board is not full sized, but rather one of those little table-top deals. There is a narrow shelf-type desk, but the board is too wide to fit- so I had to set it up on the bed, then get on my hands and knees to hover over it. No extra outlets bedside, so I had to unplug the clock to accommodate my phone charger. The bed is so firm I awoke each morning with body aches. I realize mattresses are a matter of personal preference, but believe me when I say it was only marginally better than sleeping on the floor. Prepare to be nickel & dimed: Want a coffee from the in-room Keurig? That'll be $3. A can of Coke, or a bottle of water will run $7.50 and $8, respectively. Finally, the noise. Traffic I understand, and they do provide earplugs- but it doesn't help w the rattling bass from the rooftop bar, which continues until 4am on weekends. Worst hotel I've ever experienced.
Disappointed
"Excellent location BUT..."
The Lincoln Center location is amazing, the room was large and somewhat dark,(I think bulbs are minimum wattage) well decorated and clean, even the tiny but modern bathroom was okay, but our view was a brick wall making room even darker. I had called the hotel a month prior to our stay to request upper floor and Lincon Center view. Receptionist relplied: You got it. When I complained that we were paying for a deluxe King and had requested a view, I was told view is not guaranteed. There were no other rooms. To top it all coffee is not complimentary in room. You are charged for the K cups. Great location but I'll go Back to the Warwick in midtown: classy, clean and accommodating.
Vince
"Great hotel - horrible front desk staff"
I would probably stay here again but if there was a better option near by, I would stay there. The room was great, the bellmen were great, the cleaning staff was great. The front desk manager was horrible. We asked if our lost phone charger had turned up. Without looking first in Lost & Found, he first suggested we use the charger in our room. Then, we asked him to look in L&F. He did and it wasn't there. When we got to our room, there was a charger available, but for a price. It was in the mini-bar at $40. Wow. That is harsh service. On way out, I mentioned this to him and he said that his solution seemed like an immediate solution. The immediate first step would be to go to L&F, a backup would be to suggest the $40 charger. He said that was apples & oranges. You be the judge.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Always wanted to stay there"
I had looked at the Empire Hotel several times and finally stayed there. We booked at Junior suite which had two queen beds and a sitting room. It was decent size for NYC but for the price I could have done a lot better spending $50 more per night at the previous hotel I stayed at. The room was clean and beds comfortable. The bathroom was extremely small for the room being a suite. Also the closet was a joke. It was a wardrobe and you couldn't even hang a dress in there as there was a shelf. I don't understand the $3/cup of coffee in the room. Really just throw coffee in with a suite. I did enjoy the location but wouldn't be my first recommendation for NYC.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Trish
"3 terrible things, 2 great things"
#1 Bad: TWICE I had to go down to the front desk because my room key cards stopped working. #2 Bad: Hot water issues during popular use time in the morning. Water never got hot enough. Like warm at best during peak use time...totally unacceptable. Tried an evening shower and it wasn't an issue, but that is simply unacceptable when you're paying $300/night. #3 Bad: WiFi - not I closed with the room so I paid the outrageous $12/day fee. After getting a confirmation email for paying it still didn't let me in. Instead of calling the front desk, you have to call some company that they outsource to. Terrible customer service. Was on hold for 15 minutes. Sounded like a one man shop working from his cell phone in his garage. C'mon guys, get it together. #1 Good: location. Easy subway and walking access to a fun part of the city. #2 Comfy bed.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Poorly maintained property but fabulous location"
Convenient location for Lincoln Center but aging poorly maintained property.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Amir
"Not what you pay for"
I arrived just after check in time and was greeted by a male employee at the counter. He did not smile once, did not ask how I was or make any type of conversation. When he finally checked me, in he handed me my room cards and paper and said "Thank you". So I said "All set?" He looked at me and said "yes you're all set". Did not point me to the elevators, tell me which floor or room I was in or make me aware of any amenities. I arrived to the room and was surprised by how dusty the fixtures were. As if the maid service superficially clean. The holder for the toilet paper was caked with dust as well as all light fixtures and top of mini fridge. There was no control panel for the ac. The wall paper was peeling from various spots and the ac control panel was hanging on by a hinge. There were spots on the doors that looked as though they were punched. A hotel that was featured in a very popular show as "Gossip Girl" and for the price per night, would have been more clean and friendlier. The wifi is not free as offered by other hotels.bAt one point a guest and I were heading towards the lobby in a elevator when we were brought to a floor, not sure which as the digital display does not work in each elevator, and it was all construction on the floor. We were stuck there for a minute wondering why we were brought here. When checking out, the young lady was friendly and greeted with a smile and the gentlemen outside helped me grab a cab for the airport.
4 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Natalie
"Small room, nice staff"
After a long day walking around the city and visiting museums, one needs a nice chair where one can rest up for more adventures. Not in this room. It was so tiny I got in my own way! Two people would have to have a choreographer direct them, but the staff was helpful and charming. Good location, easy to all transportation.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
The female receptionist that took care of us upon our arrival was neither courteous nor polite. She did not provide a friendly welcome and seemed upset. The rest of the staff during our stay was courteous and helpful. The room and bathroom were very small but clean.
Miriam
"Disappointing"
Quite disappointed about our stay at the Empire. I had read great reviews about people choosing to stay at the Empire for their wedding weekend so we decided to stay there as well. I called ahead of time to say we were getting married and requested a bottle of champagne for our room upon arrival as a surprise for my husband-to-be. When we checked in (at 2 pm) they told us our room wasn’t ready. We came back and checked in at 3 pm and there was no champagne in the room. The receptionists at the check in counter were not very friendly even though we were staying in one of their most expensive rooms. Additionally, the roof top terrace was reserved for private events on 2 of the 3 nights we were staying there and the pool was closed. On the plus side, the location of the Empire is great but I wouldn’t choose it for a special weekend.
Charlie
"Awful experience. Not 4 star hotel"
Room was very small, smelly and had mildew in bathroom. Air conditioning was insufficient. We were there in April so the weather was not hot but the AC was still insufficient even at highest setting to cool the room at night.
4 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Monica
Wonderful lobby/bar. Bed and linens really comfy and clean. Only drawback was teeny, tiny bathroom. My husband could barely fit in it and still close the door!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015