All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Ordinary amenities
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Great for the opear and ballet."
The place could use some updating. Wish there wasn't such a huge step up into the bathroom. Was worried about my dad tripping and hitting the huge iron beam in the middle of the bathroom. (room 928)
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"poor business"
The hotel is good but check your credit card bill afterwards. I had to call multiple times and ask what extra charges were. I even had a print out bill from the front desk with nothing extra on it. It's been a week and they took of $8 from the whole thing. Also the room on the websites for the suite are then same in the hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
"Large room in a great location!"
We were in town for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The location was excellent. The room was very large for the price; certainly the largest we've had in NYC in the price range. Ample local parking location. The room was clean and well furnished. The bathroom and shower were very nice, although the stall is a little unusual with a glass panel but no door. The one complaint we had was that the refrigerator was so full of "cash bar" items we could not use it for any storage of our own.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"Content!!"
The temp dropped during our stay and the hotel was very accommodating with extra blankets and space heater. ***** from me! Convenient is also the Duane Reade Walgreens and Starbucks right downstairs next to hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
sandra
The location is great. The hotel could use a renovation though.
4 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
"Empire is in a great neighborhood but.."
no free wifi, $13 per device. very disappointed that there was a $100 deep cleaning fee for the room (we brought a small dog, stayed one night) and that this was sprung on me at checkout. loved the location but this was a bummer.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Stacey
"Love me some Empire State of Mind!"
What a wonderful hotel
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Gret Hotel!"
After reading the reviews we were a little worried but we were pleasantly surprised to have an amazing experience at the Empire Hotel.
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
Deborah
I will never waste my money and time in this hotel, at least at this location.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Lincoln Center "good enough" hotel"
Quick stay at Empire. Rooms are decorated nicely Beds are very comfortable. Room faced a wall but I guess you get what you pay for - I booked the cheapest room. Odd smell from the shower was off putting. Have to pay for wifi and $3 for coffee from the in-room Keurig. Bring your own pods.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Anne
"room."
I checked in at 10.00pm Friday nite. They gave me a room on 2nd floor facing an airwell. at the bottom of the airwell was an air conditioner compressor. The noise intolerable. I changed room next day a little bigger but had an adjoining door to next room. could hear everything thru the door. It was too much bother to change room but they should not assign these rooms as single rooms . great location bathrooms are tiny
5 night trip Nov 6, 2015
steven
"Meh."
Upgraded to a room with a view, which I thought was very nice, when they heard we were in town to celebrate my birthday, but went from a queen to 2 double beds which was disappointing. Sheets were NOT luxury, very stiff and starchy feeling and after the first night when the maids came to make up the bed they did not put a sheet on either bed. Also, the maid service did not take our glassware from the bar from the night before or empty our trash which we were shocked by. Condition of hotel could be better. Peeling wallpaper, bathroom shower needs to be re-caulked, loose tiles on the floor, FILTHY hair dryer. I got this on a last minute sale and switched from a downtown hotel because I thought this would be nicer and could save some money but in hindsight I would have rather paid more and stayed elsewhere.
3 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Tawni
"Great experience"
It was amazing!
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Todd
"Prices a bit steep. But it's NYC."
The hotel was nice but overall it was quite a ripoff. If you don't have a lot of money be sure not to get any room service or items from the hotel. Extremely over priced (small tin of Pringles was $6) but overall the hotel was very nice. Room was a bit small but we didn't spend much time there. Location was great.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Justin
"Great night in the big apple"
We arrived at 3pm valet was nice & corteous. Proceeded to check in everyone was polite. Got our room on the 11th floor witch we loved room was spotless over all a very nice experience. We will definitely stay at the empire hotel in the near future
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Very noisy neighbor hood, but great location. Lobby bar was great. Roof top bar was booked all weekend so could not visit it.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2015
"Low standard alternative"
Fifth time but never again, rooms need a thorough workout.
4 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Not Provided
"Perfect place to land after the NYC marathon!"
For this rate the rooms really should have free WiFi, rather than the nickel and diming ($10 per day, per device) that they engage in. That said, I stayed the night before the NYC marathon, checked out a couple of hours late the next day, and they were TOTALLY gracious about it. (They did tell me ahead of time that I couldn't check out late, but I did it anyway as I needed a shower after the race!) Great atmosphere, lots of international guests, comfy bar and lobby, and outstanding location!
3 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
Antony
"Stay for location"
The hotel is in a great neighborhood. Convenient to metro and all the sights. There is a rooftop pool and bar I was looking forward to using but found out after I arrived it was closed 2 days a week. The room size was pretty good for NY. Beds a bit hard. Staff was very friendly.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Street noise was very loud. Room was hot so had to unplug the in room heater. Location was great. Had to pay extra for everything.
4 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
We were in town for the NYC Marathon this was the perfect location!
3 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
Jill
We came to cheer for our daughter who was running the marathon. It was a great location because she was able to relax and shower in our room after the race. The room was comfortable, but I can't believe you charge for coffee and wifi! The staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
Anne
"Nice stay."
Great location for the NYC marathon. Only complaints were they didn't restock the shampoo and getting ice was an hour ordeal. (However, there is a drugstore around the corner and we ended up just getting ice from them for the other 3 days.) And no top sheets! What?
4 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Quick overnight for work. Rooms are starting to look a bit rundown (carpets, bathrooms and such). Lack of power plugs!
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
Kara
"We booked a room with a single queen size bed."
And when we pointed this out, we were told that we were getting a room with twin double beds and that this was an upgrade, so we could take or leave it ! As a person who during the week of 19th Oct visited Austin, Atlanta and Princeton stayed in hotels and got the room we booked and paid for this was very disappointing. Maybe its a New York thing ?
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Patrick
Great hotel. People who complain about in-room costs, such as bottled water, should realize that literally steps away from the front door are shops for everything you could need.
7 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
"Nice stay!"
Great location. Quieter end with great resteraunts. Would stay again
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Great location but not much else"
Microscopic room, hard bed, small pillows, knees her the wall while using bathroom, poorly sound proofed, and sink shoots water at you when you use it.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
peter
"High price low level"
Very small room no WIfi, pool and fitness inactive.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
Marsel Arie
"Great location. Badly in need of renovation."
My stay in New York was wonderful the hotel was just adequate. We used the Car Service recommended by the hotel and the driver was excellent very professional. I don't understand why you make this survey process so difficult to complete.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
teds
I just needed a bed which was very comfortable but the bathroom was really really tight and there was no room for closet for clothes. Overnight out of a suitcase is fine but harder for the one week stay.
6 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
Laurent
The location and the view of the room was great. Since it was a busy week I paid top dollar for the hotel. They charge extra for everything from water, coffee in the room to internet. Basically I really did not like this aspect since I was paying top dollar. Also the bathrooms are really small and no closet in the room Location of the room and the view was priceless.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
CLAUDIA
Small rooms and bathrooms, Had problems with my a.c. unit, it took me 3 times to get it resolved..8 hours later. They did accommodate me to another room.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Empire"
The Gentleman that checked me in was very hospitable. I told him I was a light sleeper and moved me from 1st floor to 4th floor. The business center was very confusing, they have computers that do not work and was very misleading when asked to charge for simple things like printing from a thumb drive file. After 15 minutes of trying to print I was told that USB drives do not work on those computer. A big waste of time and money. Hotel seemed to have been renovated in a very inexpensive way at one point. Mold was growing in the edges of the sink and bath tub. Front counter where once checks in is cracked and needs replacing. Bedding was very comfortable and clean but not sure why there was no sheet.
2 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
Catherine
misrepresented room- terrible elevator problem cold water
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"Expensive Golden disaster"
It was very beautiful upon walking in & the roof top was awesome! But The room was too small ,the air conditioner sounded like the subway in motion which made it hard to sleep &the lighting was horrible. The wall paper was coming off & there were cracks in the ceilling. NOT WORTH THE MONEY
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2015
Jasmine
"Great location ... but"
My reserved room was oversold so I was placed in an alternate room for my first night. A good size but the wallpaper was peeling and there was a rusted I-beam taking up done bathroom space. When I got to my real room, all was fine. I do have a problem with the in-room coffeemaker costing $3.50 to use when the room costs $500.
5 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
At Lincoln Center, so convenient for all the cultural activity in the area
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Stanley
"Great Location and Quality"
We made a quick overnight trip to visit my daughter at Fordham University. We needed to be close to her dorm because my mother is 78 years old and can't walk for extended periods of time. The location was excellent. I was worried that I would be sacrificing quality for location, but the hotel was great; clean, well appointed, beautiful décor, comfortable beds, clean bathroom, great amenities. Being close to Central Park as well we were able to seek out a bench and people watch while my mother rested.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Margaret
"disappointed"
First night needed portsble heater as heating system broken. Housekkeeping service SUPER slow. Late afternoon to vlean room. They didn't remove dirty breakfast dishes. Called front desk and it took over six minutes to get someone to answer who transferred me and put me through another five monute wait. Disappointing.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
Overall very good but pricey, maybe because of the Pope visit and the UN general assembly.
5 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
ESTEBAN
"Junior Suite has no view"
Great location near the Lincoln Center and Central Park, The Junior suite has no city view, Empire told me to take it up with Hotels.com
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"Not as nice as expected"
For as much as was spent, I was expecting a much nicer hotel. Our bathroom had peeling paint, rust around the door and a dingy shower bottom. The sheet had a stain on it. Most 3-4 star hotels offer free water or something, but everything in the room had a cost to it. The AC was rusted and old. I did like the CO Bigelow toiletries, they were nice. I called ahead to ask if they could send something up for my husbands bday the next day. The guys said no problem, he could send a fruit of cheese tray. The next day after we returned from our outing, I was expecting to be able to surprise my husband, but nothing was there. I called down front and they had no record of my request and questioned me about who I spoke to. They were unable to fix it that night, but sent something small day we left. Not quite what I was expecting. On our last day we left our baggage with the bellhop and our handle was broken off. My husband brought it to the attention of the front desk and they offered to pay a small amount for it. All in all, I was not happy with this hotel for the price or amenities. I was expecting a lot more for my money. Next time, we will choose something else.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Tiffany
"Perfect stay Ruined by the bartender"
Everything was great until the end. We went in the hotel lobby bar to relax from our day of walking around and the bartender was extremely rude and took forever to even deliver a menu. We ended up leaving and going over to the Kimberly hotel for drinks and to relax before we left the city.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Joan
"Great location, pleasant lobby, awful room"
I stayed for three nights. Bolt lock to entry door didn't work. One of two light bulbs in entrance space blown. Lever for controlling shower broken. No stopper in sink. Dresser drawer wouldn't stay shut. Clock set for four hours in advance of actual time. Staff obviously neither corrects, not reports anything wrong to management. Tiny, extremely dark room with no light at writing table. Peeling paint and "contact paper" wall covering. SRO housing for luxury prices.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
"Could be better, but could also be a lot worse."
A couple friends and I stayed in a double on the first floor. The room was smaller than expected, but we only used it to sleep in so it wasn't really a big deal. The bathroom was the size of a small closet though.The outdated room decor and interior design colors make the room look a bit dingy but it wasn't dirty. A/C unit wasn't very powerful even though it was set to High. The staff including the doormen were very friendly. There was a $71 charge ($60+tax) to valet our car for 24hrs. It isn't a luxury hotel, but it isn't a budget hotel either.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
A disappointing hotel experience.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Lawrence
Was nice, moved to a new room due to no working AC unit.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Loved it.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
kevin
"Unpleasant stay in ny"
Sound proof was so poor and we had to suffer many hours from adjacent room's love making noise. There was no heat in the middle of September and service personnel couldn't help me. They say no engineer is available weekend night.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015