All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Perfect stay in NYC!"
Chris, the concierge went out of his way to help us with a shipping issue we had. Excellent service and location.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
Sandi
"The Empire Hotel for brilliant location"
We had a " Lincoln Center Weekend" complete with the NY. Philharmonic concert, The King and I, and opera at the Met. We ate in restaurants on either side of the hotel and walked across the street for brilliant music!
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Sandra
"Blizzard in NYC"
Three days plus one snow day made it a great holiday for us. This is a perfect location for visitors, and a great bargain. We managed to do all the activities on our list before the snow. Hotel staff so nice.
3 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
kathryn
We were there for my daughter's audition for Fordham's Theater program. The area was great, but the room was very dusty and the curtains were very dirty. My daughter is allergic to dust mites so she woke up extremely stuffed and very allergic. The area is really nice with a good amount of restaurants.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2016
Maria
"Small and no free amenities"
Very small rooms and they nickel and dime you for everything. Even a keurig in room coffee will be charged at $3. The rooms are appointed ok but the hotel is old and needs to be cleaned up a bit more. My room was next to the elevator and over a loud air duct. It was hard to turn around in the room. Granted the price was good for NYC but you get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2016
"Bed of bricks & shower soaks bathroom floor."
Shower designed with no closure doesn't work in such a small space. Floor was soaking wet. Bed made of bricks. Sink faucet is only a few inches from sink so you get splashed every time. Charging for wifi in hotel rooms is not acceptable any longer. Catch up with the rest of the world and NYC. Room was worn and shabby.
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2016
Eileen
This was our first time to New York and we loved it. The hotel was very accommodating in letting us check in early and check out late as well as upgrading one of our standard rooms to. a view room! We got tickets for Hop On Hop Off to get a lay of the land and then set out to see al the sights. We had no trouble with taxis or über.
3 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
"Nice but improvements needed"
The room was large and the location was very convenient. However, the bathroom very small and for some odd reason, the toilet paper holder was too far from the toilet.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Joyce
The only real down side was the hvac system. Either the room was too hot or too cold.
4 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2016
stayed here many times - hotel's now looking a little worn. Wifi Way too expensive
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
Perfect hotel for an NYC wedding on the Upper West side. I could see Lincoln Center from my window. Close to shopping and restaurants. Small room, but nicely appointed and clean. Staff was friendly, great bar downstairs. Will definitely stay again!
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
Rhyan
"Good location but rooms are small and tired."
Visiting friends in Lincoln Center neighborhood. The hotel was conveniently located. Room and bathroom were small and old but clean. No free wifi. The bottled water on the night table cost $8. The K cup coffee was $3. Nothing was free. Street was very noisy. The only good thing was the price and location. If there is a better choice, I would not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Laurie
"There are many better hotels than Empire"
It is shameful that they charge $12.95 a day PER device for WIFI in the room. Also, unbelievable that they charge $3.00 for each pod to make coffee in your room. I will never stay here again just because of that.
6 night trip Jan 5, 2016
"Staff were great ambassadors for New York city"
Everyone was so friendly that I canceled my rez at another cheaper hotel and rebooked the Empire for my next trip to NYC.
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
"A Great Place to Stay While Visiting NYC"
I was with my children from the holidays and we had a very good time. Location was excellent, close to every store and the Lincoln Center. The Metro is a block away.
4 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Marta
"Nice hotel... But sauna room."
The hotel was really nice & the staff was friendly . My only complaint ... It was freezing outside yet the room stayed hot.. Even with the ac unit on. I had to leave the windows up the entire stay.
3 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Taneisha
"Overrated hotel"
The front guest agent who checked me in was extremely rude, he acted as if he does not have time to answer any questions, despite the fact that I was the only guest at the front desk. The room was extremely small and in a bad condition from a maintenance stand point. I have never seen a hotel charges for coffee when you use the machine in the room. No complementary internet unless you stay at the lobby. The only good thing is the location. As far as the hotel I will never stay there again!!!!
2 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2016
"Quick overnight trip"
Just a one night stay, did not spend much time at the hotel itself. The bed was comfortable, room size pretty small for two people, cost of in room food/drink outrageous, shower was ok. Quiet room though considering the location.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2016
The light fixture in the hall was taken off before our arrival, exposing the light bulbs and sitting on a furniture chest. I asked the concierge to have it fixed while we were out, which was never done.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Glenn
"Don't trust ..."
we were misled about size of bed.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
"close to midtown"
not good!!!!!!!! a $60 dollars charge for parking your vehicle, but you cannot take it out of the garage to drive around town because it a another $60 charge every time you take it out.
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
JD
The heater did not function and it was freezing. The walls and bathroom are not in the greatest condition, but the bed was clean and fresh. Generally things appeared clean. Location is amazing. Accommodating staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Alysse
"Excellent location, OK room for the price."
Great Hotel and Staff with excellent location. Beds old and firm and heaters old and not well controlled which left us too hot and uncomfortable while sleeping.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hooman
The hotel is dirty and needs to get renewed.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Kamran
"Clean, Safe and Convenient"
Great location to see a show and not be in the middle of Times Square. Picture perfect location for Lincoln Center and all it has to offer. The beds were "very" comfortable, thank goodness because the bathroom was tiny!! 5 x 6 All this didn't matter much because we just needed a safe, clean and convenient place to stay in the city. Would definitely recommend hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"New Years in NY"
The hotel was great as well as the rooftop lounge. Lincoln Center fireworks at midnight was awesome!
3 night trip Dec 29, 2015
Tonya
Horrible!!!
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
Jennifer L.
"Save your money. Much better hotels."
Bad service. Screwed up requests multiple times. Bathroom too small. No shower door, floor gets flooded. Not fitted sheet. They say that's European. I say it's disgusting. No free coffee. Water bottles 8 bux! Very small clothes storage. No luggage rack. Antiquated heating/AC.
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
charles
"An unusual experience"
I love the Empire Hotel because it's across the street from the Met. And I usually find the room just fine. On this trip, however, the room was cold and I could not regulate the heat for the room. Also the quilt was not warm enough. I had to put on a shirt over my pajamas and put my coat on top of the bed in order to stay warm.
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2015
Patrice
"Center of all attractions."
Bar attendants were nasty and arrogant. They hate Black people and it showed. They were annoyed when we came to the bars.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
Together always
Needs refurbish in all area. Bartender was not good and the chek in was just giving 2 cards for the room.
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Andres
"Good price, great location, WiFi $13/day per devic"
Super friendly, attentive staff. There was a problem with the heater in our room: it wouldn't turn off! They had an engineer in the room in ten minutes who was able to fix its thermostat and bring it down to a comfortable temp. Beds super comfortable with great sheets and pillows. Shower, a handheld hanging from the wall, sprayed over half the bathroom, warping the bathroom door and soaking the pj's I left on the floor since there is no hook. The room price was terrific, but there was a charge for absolutely everything, including the cheapo coffee in the room ($3), so don't go here if you like your freebies. The concept of a WiFi charge of $26 for two people to do their emails takes some getting used to. If you have to have it, this would bring the room charge more in line w similar hotels where free wifi is the norm. We cheaped out and used the free WiFi in the lobby and mezzanine, which was not super convenient. Use of the umbrella in the closet is free which came in handy on two of our three days.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
"Needs some upkeep"
I've stayed at this hotel and remembered it being nicer, probably because it was about 5 years ago. I give it a good rating for the neighborhood and convenience. However, you can tell they don't upkeep often and there is rust and mold in the bathroom. They also charge for everything. This is the first hotel to ever have a Keurig and charge $3.50 to make coffee. I thought it was weird that they don't give you do not disturbs unless you request. As well as not volunteer information about the wifi being free in the lobby. I had to look it up myself after they told me it was $12 a day and then call back and ask why it says free on the amenities and see if there were places where it was free, only then did they share the information. In NY, you just need a place to sleep during a vacation. If I was there on business I wouldn't recommend.
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
"Great location and friendly staff."
Very helpful and friendly staff. Great location, trendy bar. Clean room with nice linens. Convenient to any attraction, nearby restaurants.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Alexa
"Do not recommend"
Everything was falling apart. Leak in the bathroom, air conditioning broken, bathroom door paint all coming off. Lobby is beautiful, but that is it. Room falling apart
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Room and hotel were very nice but felt like they charged for everything... coffee, wifi, etc...
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2015
"Great location , great bed, small bathroom."
Great location , great bed. No air vent in the bathroom , no shower door. water everywhere... Very thin wall between the rooms. Had to pay extra for Wi-Fi in the room and coffee.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Griet
Hotel was under staffed, had to wait 2 hours for my room to be ready. Room smelled like smoke and was so hot, had to open window because AC wouldn't work well.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
good location the scent of the hallway cleanser is horrible and should be changed, smelled like a cheap motel
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2015
"Great location but very noisy."
They were kind enough to change my room for the 2nd night of my stay. Old property and very dark and dinghy.
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
"They charge for Wifi"
Came in on a red-eye on a business trip, but they didn't have a room available until after 3:00. Charged for Wifi, which really annoys me these days. Basically a tourist hotel, although perhaps all hotels in New York are now tourist hotels. Great location, right across from Lincoln Center. Staff generally very courteous.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Fred
room was small but comfortable , beds were amazing we were on the 5th floor , was a bit noisy super clean
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
The rooms are in dire need of updating. The paint is chipping of the walls and HVAC unit had rust allover. Except for the person who checked us in were very delightful and courteous. I would classify as a 4-star hotel and I usually stay at Holiday Inn's etc.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Great but bathroom was a bit moldy"
The hotel was really nice but the elevators were extremely slow and old and the bathrooms were a bit moldy. There was paint peeling from the walls from humidity in the bathroom and mold that was very visible around the door frame. The room itself was very clean and the bed was very comfy. Valet parking was reasonable and easy and the location was amazing.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Caitlin
"Stay Across the Street, Not Here"
From the moment we checked in at this hotel, I was disappointed. The neighborhood was great and the walkability factor was on point, but otherwise this hotel was a complete disappointment. Our room was muggy and damp feeling and the air conditioning didn't work. When we went to the desk to complain, the manager tried to explain to us that because it was 60 degrees outside, the unit wouldn't work since we were "in between" temperatures (not cold enough for heat, not warm enough for air). That doesn't even make sense! I explained to her that the room was muggy and damp, so she finally agreed to send someone up. Guess what? The AC was broken and needed to be completely rewired. I guess that "in between temperatures" theory wasn't right after all. Additionally, I think any hotel that charges $3.00 for a Keurig cup of coffee is simply trying to earn ill will. I wouldn't ever stay here again. For the same amount of money, I recommend going across the street. Totally not worth it.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Erin
"Stale and dated"
This hotel was clearly overrated should be no higher than a two or possibly three rating
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
Room was tiny for price. Most rooms face another building so no view or light in room. Room was a bit dirty. Design choices looked fake. Wifi was very spotty. Charged me for room service items that I did not use.
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Across the street from Metropolitan Opera House"
We stayed for one night to go see La Boheme at the Metropolitan Opera House and to have dinner at Jean Georges. We were very close to both locations and the hotel offered valet parking.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Todd
"Visiting My Son"
I was a little disappointed that the room temp could not be controlled in room. Very tiny bathroom and a chest whose drawers would not stay closed diminished the room desirability.
1 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
nicholas
"Slightly Above Average"
Decent price, comfortable room, excellent neighborhood. Long wait in line to check in. The one thing that turned me off a little was how literally everything in the room cost money, even the K-Cups for the coffee machine. I get the expensive mini-bar, but $3.50 for a K-Cup? That aside, I would stay here again, the room was comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015