All hotels in Key West, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3824 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL, 33040, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.8
    4.8
"Decent Value for the Area"
Was an old Quality Inn that has been renovated and made into a boutique hotel. Decor pretty nice, staff pretty helpful. No breakfast. Open air bar, but closes early. Good for couples and families - not so much for business travelers, as there is almost no work space. Free internet was pretty fast. TV did not work, and was not fixed despite requests. Price was a bit below average for Key West.
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Bruce
"Awesome getaway"
Absouletly beautiful, will stay here again. They are building another hotel next to them so they will be expanding tremendously.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
nathalie

"wow hotel"
hammer!! alles neu!! super sauber und hammer einrichtung! auto wird jedoch zum zentrum benötigt
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
CH
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Marcos
UY

TripAdvisor reviews for The Gates Hotel | Key West

"A Quiet Gem where You'd Least Expect it"
04/15/15 Michael I
During a recent business trip to Miami, we found this very quiet and classy hotel as we entered Miami and booked online. Perfect location for R&R and very understated. The beds are very comfortable and the technology is modern. It is great to see an older hotel transform into something classy and chic. It is an affordable hotel by Key West standards considering the options. My wife and I would certainly stay here again and again. They done an excellent job of branding themselves as well. The Gates group is also transforming several other hotels next door into little gems currently. We were told that the Gates is owned by the same people that own the posh and pricey Southernmost Hotel about 2 miles away - many don't know that, but based on our experience at The Gates, it's very believable. The staff is very helpful and the outdoor pool, bar and cigar area is going to be a hit as this hotel becomes well known over the months ahead. We will be back!
""comfortable stay""
04/11/15 Rose7680 Philippines
Very good hotel because it was newly renovated....great quality towels & comfortable bed! Adriana from concierge is God sent angel during our Easter Sunday & my birthday Monday stay.She willingly & quickly offered her time to dogsit our dog so that we can enjoy our boat ride which don't allow dogs onboard.I was almost disappointed when we checked in but Adriana made the difference...without a cost though we offered.Adriana is a beautiful person in & out! She is an asset to The Gates Hotel
"Went for a little R & R and it was spectacular!"
04/08/15 Alice V Miami, FLorida
We decided to go on a road trip and ended up at this beautiful new hotel that happened to open up just a few days prior to our arrival. We arrived late night and the lobby area was beautiful. The decor is very crisp and clean and very welcoming. Our room was located adjacent to the pool for easy access and had a private little patio entrance. The room was beautiful and the decor is amazing. It truly represented the feel of what you envision a key west home to look like. The room is spacious, the bathroom is large enough for two and the sitting area is quite nice. The staff is friendly throughout the resort and very efficient. The pool bar serves great drinks and the bartenders are friendly and offer great suggestions for tourists to see! I received excellent customer service from Stephanie Bedenbaugh and from Melissa at the front desk. I highly recommend this hotel for a family stay or just a coupe getaway. I cant wait to go back!!!!
"Good Hotel. Too pricey for the value"
04/05/15 Granzi Miami, Florida
The hotel has just been renovated, excellent furniture, great beds. The swimming pool is great. Overall the tangible side is really good. However it is far from the action, about 2 miles from Duval and it has not internal bike rental so you have to drive downtown. No breakfast available and for an hotel that charges over 300 bucks a nite it is a minus. On top of hotel rate you will be charged approx 20 percent more between taxes, Monroe county tax and resort fee. Great hotel. Not enough value for the money.
"Almost Very Good"
04/04/15 DeputyDawgJax Jacksonville, Florida
The Gates is on the opposite end of Key West from the main tourist areas. That was okay, because I was there for work. The property used to be a really dumpy Quality Inn. The Gates is going for the boutique style, and their renovations are pretty good. Best for families - not so great for business travelers. No work desk and too few areas to plug in laptops, phones, etc. The free wireless; however, was better than average. No breakfast. (Okay, they have crescents and coffee.) Open air bar, but they close early. Overall, it was attractive, clean, thick towels and bathrobes, and good housekeeping. Only real complaint was that the TV did not work, and didn't get fixed despite my request. There was no offer to compensate me for that inconvenience. The price, by Key West standards, was a bit less than average.
04/01/15 A C Palmer, Alaska
Brand new remodel. Clean modern comfortable. Pool is all new. Staff is new so there is a learning curve. We were there the first or second weekend after they opened.they have a special for 254.00$ per night I do know how long it will last. Wifi connection good. Nice to park in front of the room a few feet from the door. Gates is expanding on both sides so lots of construction supposed to be done late summer. Wecycle delivers and picks up bicycles reasonable prices. easier than trying to find parking at beaches or down town.
"Brand New hotel"
03/31/15 Howard O
My wife and I had a great time at the Gates Hotel this past weekend. The hotel has been open for only two weeks Everything is brand new. The rooms are all updated with high end materials and fabrics. Personal are very nice and helpful.. The pool bar and heated pool are perfect place to relax. The hotel is close to everything Key west has to offer. Phase 2 of the Gates hotel is under construction which is to be completed in the next 6 months. This is and additional complex adjacent to the new building we stayed in. I would re recommend this hotel to Anyone who needs to sit back and relax.
"Great overnight in Key West!"
03/30/15 bsstafford Kentucky
Stayed at The Gates just a couple of weeks after it opened; not sure how it has so many reviews, I think a bunch of the older ones are for whatever the property was prior to renovation. Whatever it was before, it is a great hotel now. Very well branded, super clean and comfortable. Staff was very attentive and friendly, has all the amenities you would expect at this price point. Ranks up there with Le Citizen in Paris and approaches the Seelbach in Louisville for comfort/service. Location is easy to access, well off of Duval on Roosevelt, but there is no road noise; it is quiet, and being more than walking distance off Duval means there is no one sleeping on/under your car in the morning. We intend to stay again the next time we visit Key West.
"New hotel, very clean and comfortable beds"
03/21/15 Lea B Saint Louis, Missouri
This hotel just open about 2 weeks before we stayed so of course it was exceptionally clean, lots of big towels, mattress was very comfortable and lots of pillows for comfort. The pool is very nice and a rum bar next to the pool. The wifi was terrible in our room, but I guess they haven't worked the "bugs" out of it yet. We were the first to stay in room 112 since they opened. The office staff were very apologetic and if I was lucky I could sporadically get it but then it would kick me off again. My husband was disappointed that there was not a hot tub but the pool was great. No microwave in room. No food available you would have to go out to get something. A little pricey for no continental breakfast to be included. There was a coffee pot in the room.
"Amazingly renovated hotel!"
03/19/15 Tom N
This one will make it to the top 5 easily!!!!!! I visited the hotel 2 days ago. It was completely renovated from scratch and is definitely ranked No. 1 in my opinion. It used to be a really bad hotel with bad management. The staff is amazing. They even paid for our shuttle to the airport during our visit. They have a really nice pool and bar and everything is just really clean and nice. Definitely visit their website and see for your self!!