All hotels in Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States of America
1131 Forest Hill Rd, Harrisonburg, VA, 22801, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

Breakfast is average
    Ordinary pool
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Food is not good
"Quick Stay"
Served our purpose of a clean, reasonably priced hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"overnight stay"
Everything was great except for the continental breakfast. Only had waffles, toast and cereal to eat. No muffins or bagels.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Faith
"Convenient, safe place to stay."
Convenient and felt safe there. Basics provided. No frills. If you need basic and safe, this is fine. Expect only the lowest level amenities.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Jane
There was a leak in the lobby entrance that was dripping. The walls ha been freshly painted and looked nice, but the carpet in our room felt very old and dirty.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Room 412 Evaluation"
Layover for 1 night so my evaluation may not be too helpful. I did however notice that there were crumbs atop of the A/C unit. The vent in the bathroom looked as if it had not be cleaned for some time. Finally the TP should have been a full roll or at least an additional roll.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Reginald Eugene
"Really old outdated and not clean"
I would not have stayed here except for the convenience to the event I was attending. Really the only positive thing was a really nice breakfast attendant. She made the waffles for us every day. From the lobby I watched one employee yell at a caller on the phone. Desk attendants would be outside smoking while the phone was ringing and desk unattended. At one point I stood at the desk (which was unattended) and an employee (owner? Or his wife?) came to the desk to get something and didn't even acknowledge me. The hot tub was out of order as was one of the elevators for our 3 night stay. Cheap price but you get what you pay for
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Front desk person did not seem to be very helpful I felt like I was bothering her. Pool was clean and neat
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"staff to busy surfing internet."
The night shift staff was to busy surfing the internet to notice us standing at counter for 5 minutes. then when she noticed acted like it was an inconvience to assist. managed to get checked in and everything else was fine.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"An overnight stay in Harrisonburg"
Breakfast area was small and not efficiently laid out. Overall this hotel met our needs adequately. We chose the "business" room because we like the king size bed.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
LORETTA
"Good enough!"
We visited a friend in Harrisonburg and spent most of the time out of the hotel. While it was relatively clean, there was an open condom packet halfway under the bed. It was obvious that area had not been vacuumed! But for the price and how we used it--just for sleeping and a morning shower--you can't beat the value.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Catherine
"Very convenient to JMU campus; clean & comfortable"
nice hotel for price; good size room; comfortable beds
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Somewhat decent stay!!!! Good & Bad"
I came across this hotel for the great reviews I had read and because it was not far from where my family and I were going. Unfortunately, my own personal stay was NOT good. Only good thing about this hotel, was it is close to all the good stores (Walmart, Target, Costco) and restaurants. The hotel staff was nice. The first night I had called the front desk to ask for more towels, the receptionist told me she was not sure if the hotel even had more towels but then provided me with 3 additional towels. Another problem I had with the hotel was, the room air conditioning unit was blowing out heat and apparently the front desk staff knew about the issue because it was discussed among other staff as I was checking out. Also this hotel allows people to bring pets (nothing against pets on vacation). I realized that when I was plucking dog hair off my kids almost every morning. But overall the commute to the stores and Massanutten (20 minute ride) was great.
Response by Days Inn Harrisonburg
We are glad you received your towels and apologize for the inconvenience. Have a nice day
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Days Inn at JMU"
good enough very close to JMU
Response by Days Inn Harrisonburg
Thank you for your positive review and we look forward to your next stay with us here at the Days Inn!
5 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Not worth a stay at all"
Overpriced at even $50 in our opinion. If you're not one of the first to arrive, forget parking in a lit area. You'll be parking behind the building with very little lighting. The doors into the Days Inn have no security other than a beep so anyone can walk in at any time. Floors and walls dirty. Our room had stains on the bed, ceiling and walls. Shower had hair and other remnants of the last few people. At checkout nobody came to the front desk for the five minutes I waited so just left my keys. Personally I will never stay at a Days Inn again.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Dj
"Mediocre"
nothing great; nothing terrible. They ran out of coffee in the café at breakfast. Convenient location for the highway.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Room was not ready for me at check in time and had to wait for 30 minutes for them to clean room.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Ok for one night if not too picky"
Hotel not clean, obvious that hadn't been vacuumed so you wonder about rest of room and how it was cleaned. Breakfast was good, cereal, waffles, toast, juice, coffee, tea, oatmeal, yogurt. Great on off accessibility to 81.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Convienent to JMU"
Saw spiders, my room didn't have towels, and there was an awful smell throughout the hotel ..
Other trip May 19, 2015
Sunshine
"Would not stay again"
There was no running water available during my stay. The hotel staff did not inform me when I checked in that this was the case, so when I came back again late in the evening I was surprised with this fact and had no other option than to stay at the hotel. Upon check out, nothing was mentioned about the water either, no apologies or compensation. Additionally, various halls had broken lights dangling from the ceiling and the carpets were extremely dirty.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Check in starts at 3pm. When we arrived at 4pm we were given our room keys for our king bed room. Upon entering the room we noticed that it hadnt been cleaned yet from whoever stayed their before us--strike one. We were offered a room with 2 double beds at no additional cost. No thank you, my husband and I would like to sleep in the same bed on Valentine's Day. So we waited almost an hour for the room to be ready. When we finally got into the room it was freezing. We tried to turn on the heat and nothing came out. Called down to the front desk and was told the heat was broken in that room and we would have no choice but to stay in the room with the 2 double beds--strike 2. Needless to say, we left. Front desk could have been more helpful in trying to find us a room at another Days Inn nearby or offer us something for our troubles but we barely got an apology--strike 3.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very close to JMU"
The room was nice, clean and spacious. Nothing fancy with the rest of the hotel, but worth the price and proximity to JMU.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very nice affordable room next to jmu."
Very nice for the price. Right next to jmu. Right off highways. O'Neills restaurant was a great hit. Only 1 road away.
"This is a nice hotel."
From check-in to check-out our experience was pleasing except for the swimming pool under repair.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Dick
"Very comfortable economy room"
Very pleased with my stay overall. Looking for a reasonably priced room for multiple visits to JMU, Days Inn fit the bill perfectly without sacrificing comfort .
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Everything was great, will definitely be back if I ever need to stay in the area, you can't beat it for the price.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
david
"Helpful front desk personnel"
This hotel was adequate for a single night stay when we took our child to visit JMU. The bedding was clean, but the edges of the carpet in the room needed to be cleaned (it looked a bit gray). Bathroom cleanliness was okay. The front desk staff person when we checked in could not have been more helpful. She went out of her way to make us comfortable. I can deal with a little dust in the corners if the beds are clean and the staff friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Ann
"Typical hotel/motel"
Our room had the standard amenities: coffee maker, refrigerator, flat screen, etc. There was a (very) small pool and hot tub available on the bottom floor. I quite enjoyed the hot tub. My only comment would be to extend breakfast hours: we were there for the weekend and were up by 9am? on Sunday, however, breakfast was already ending...that's pretty early for a weekend day.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Natasha
"convenient"
It was OK, room clean, Nothing to get excitied about.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Not at all what was advertised"
The "indoor" pool was not heated. The hot tub was too hot. Breakfast was only served until 9am (I mean, really, who gets up that early on vacation). The pull out couches don't pull out (they are purposly locked closed), and the roll away beds "aren't sturdy enough for the kids to sleep on". To request a late checkout you have to talk to someone in the morning who could not be found to ask.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"PERFECT AND INTIMATE LAST NIGHT OF OUR HONEYMOON!"
The staff was friendly when we first entered. The Registration Clerk patiently answered all of our questions. We informed her that we had just married the day before, she smiled and made eye contact as she congratulated us! The breakfast attendant was super-friendly and attentive. I observed by her actions that she cared about doing a fantastic job keeping the food and condiments in fresh supply and keeping the tables clean and uncluttered. Our room was neat, clean, properly organized and maintained. We observed the indoor pool and hot tub area and wished we had brought our swimming suits along. We would have truly enjoyed the hot tub. The room that is was in created a relaxing quiet atmosphere. We plan to visit this location in the summer if we can ever get away just the two of us for a day or two! The staff member that accepted our door cards at the end of our stay was also pleasant and friendly. Way to go Days Inn Staff Harrisonburg, VA near JMU! We appreciate you guys! This was a perfect quiet end to our short 2 day Honeymoon (kids had to go back to school on 1/5/2015)! Thanks again!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
elizabeth
"Just what was needed"
This is our second stay at this hotel and we have no complaints. Will be our go-to hotel when we pass through here.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Ronda
Hotel is slightly outdated. They offer an "indoor" pool but is as cold as outside temp. Room for improvement.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Chuck
"Holiday stay"
Everything was great thoroughly enjoyed it thank you
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"very busy area"
Room was very dirty only had been cleaned in areas visible to eye standing in middle of room. So much dust I had to clean vents and air conditioner my self. Pool very misleading states indoor but is as cold as mountain water. Room smells moldy and had dirt all around the edge of wall about 2" out and behind tv stand about an inch deep also was hair bows and beer lids in floor behind tv stand. I would never stay there again.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Don't stay in a room on first floor"
The room smelled of smoke. window was wide open and would not lock when trying to close. This room was not at all as nice as room we stayed on 2nd floor the week before. Very disappointed in room. My husband is a veteran and was surprised to be put in a room like this.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Ingrid
"noisy, lacking"
room window did not seal well so chilly room and noise from 81 made sleeping very difficult. heat kicked on loudly for 5 minutes and off for 15 all night long. only other room available had same issue. toilet easily clogged. pool is enclosed but freezing cold. no towels in pool or hot tub area at any time. breakfast was 2 types cereal, yogurt, waffles, toast, PBJ. front desk staff polite.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Dee
Wash cloth in toilet. Dead bugs on floor. Dorry bed spread. Extremely dusty couch. Someone's dlothes were in the dresser.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Brittanh
"JMU visit"
We went down for a JMU football game and this hotel was the perfect location to walk to the stadium.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
Rita
"Days Inn Jmu"
I booked this hotel because of its convenience to the local resort. I saw on hotels.com they had an indoor pool and also a hot tub which was a plus. When we got there and checked in, we found out the hot tub was broken and the indoor pool was frozen cold. Also the Wi-Fi had a bad connection. The beds were very uncomfortable. This is an average hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Wahkuna
Front desk person was very nice. The bedspreads/pillows were okay but did not match the wall colors and the pictures were another color. Red, Orange and Pink do not match. Gave us an overall feeling of a shabby room. I have a cast on my leg and had to find my way out the back door by the pool in the dark because there were no working lights in that area.
AB
"Dated hotel w unprofessional desk staff"
Room was fine and maid was very friendly and helpful as was the front desk woman on check in. Man at front desk the next day was rude. Pool and hottub felt dirty as was nearby bathroom, w peeling paint and rust.
"Great hotel. Not far from the city center"
The staff at the hotel are the friendliest that I've ever met in my life. The hotel manager, Andy, is an asset to the business. He made mine and my family, who were visiting from different locations worldwide (Australia, Bermuda, Denmark and London), feel very welcome and was quite accommodating and willing to locate us in rooms close to each other. Christine, the breakfast attendant, went way and above her duty to make us feel welcome as well. Every one of the hotel staff, from manager to cleaner provided an excellent service. I don't see why I would want to stay anywhere else, when you can feel at home right there in the Days Inn JMU.
Jestina
"Freezing cold room at checkin.Broken security lock"
Room was about 45 degrees at 10 pm checkin. In room heater was turned off. Security lock on upper part of door didn't work. We were told all rooms were booked and room would warm up in 30 minutes. Not true. We slept in sweaters until room warmed up at 1 am. Bathroom fan didn't work. Faucet on sink was loose. We won't stay here again.
"JMU Visit"
The room was decent although had a musty smell. Breakfast was nice and the location was close to campus.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Good visit"
An older hotel that had been renovated several times .Not enough receptacles available ( I use medical equipment)the continental breakfast was so-so. Not enough eating areas for breakfast The hot tub was awesome, the staff was very friendly and helpful The beds were very firm and comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"price"
Good price for the location. Great front desk staff
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Days Inn Harrisonburg"
The location is ideal since it sits right next to JMU's beautiful campus. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, and continental breakfast which included waffles, cereal, juice, yogurt, fruit and bread was very good even though the dining room was a bit congested for the crowd at 8 a.m. I would recommend that you go earlier for breakfast (served 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.) so that you have sufficient seating space and avoid the later crowds. Overall, we really like the Days Inn due to its convenience and reasonable rates.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Denise
"good but not great"
Great stay quiet comfy but a little dirty and very little WiFi connection except in the lobby
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
NICOLE
"We'll be back!"
We were down for JMU's parent weekend and your hotel was in the perfect spot. We didn't have to use our car during the busy weekend which made things go smoothly. The staff was great and the morning breakfast person was very pleasant. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay with you again!
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Disappointed."
Traffic on I 81 kept me up all night. Could hear people in room next door prior to going to bed and first thing in morning. Bathroom so small you had to slide in between sink and toilet to be able to close door. Non smoking king room with cigarette burn holes in bed blanket. Smeared finger prints all over front of microwave. Door missing top hinge and frame beat up. Smoke detector cover hanging off. Main signage not lit up and no signage or lighting in back of hotel, where forced to park for lack of spots out front.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014