All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
    Delicious food
"Almost Perfect"
Everything was good, we were even able to check in a little early, which was great since we were with our little granddaughter. The only thing bad was that the sheets smelled too strongly of bleach. Other than that, great!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
judith
Very nice boutique place, hip decor, great views of the Santa Cruz Pier and Boardwalk. Watch out for $24 parking charges.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Claire
The service was fantastic. Great location by the beach, pier and boardwalk.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Great Views...Friendly Staff...VERY Lame Rooms"
Location and views were great Staff was very friendly Rooms were worn, tired and shabby and not shabby chic....place needs an overhaul Pool small and crowded, didn't even bother Dinner Menu was fair Very drunk patron in restaurant dining room was loudly verbally abusing an elderly companion which we thought the staff should handle but did not.......that was an hour not to be soon forgotten. Tough situation however......so would cut them some slack there Would stay again only if there were not other options (and there generally aren't in Santa Cruz)
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Not worth the money"
This hotel has gotten a little run down of late. Dirty carpets, scrapes on the wall and it smells on certain floors.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Dreamy Staycation"
While we didn't have the luxury of going on a vacation far from home, this location made for a perfect weekend getaway. It was just perfect. We were able to enjoy a full day at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk/beach (walking distance from the hotel), came to the room to clean up a bit before dinner and made it back out to enjoy the evening on the boardwalk. Even had time to spend at the pool just before dinner. I enjoyed waking up the sound of the ocean waves....very enjoyable stay. I would do it again!
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Karina
"Loved the ocean views & proximity to the Boardwalk"
Attentive staff, speedy room service. Bathrooms need a bit of sprucing up, showers leak water into bathroom. Loved the location and amenities.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Alyssa
"Beach stay out of a vacation commercial"
Wonderful and relaxing. There was actually a lot of Marine activity. Saw Dolphins near surf at lunchtime while I was sitting by the pool. Sea otters were playing in the ocean while I took a walk on west coast drive. Later there was a free beach concert at the boardwalk. As I took a stroll on the beach to the concert there was a seal frolicking in the waves.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Nanette
"Great Ocean Views in Central Location"
Romantic stay with my wife of 20 years. Great view of the ocean & beach including sounds of the crashing surf from the balcony. Quick walk to boardwalk & amusement park.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Rudy
"Santa Cruz 2015"
Perfect room overlooking the Pier and Santa Cruz skyline. It was so peaceful and quiet at night. All I heard was the waves rolling in.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Businees Trip"
Great staff who would go the whole 9 yards but could do with some more CPD ie. invest by the hotel. Great spaces but lacking in up keep.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Eaglechick
"Beach, boardwalk, ocean, pier, amazing place to be"
I don't know how I will stay anywhere else after staying here. I went with my 8 year old son and we stayed on the 10th floor as a special upgrade treat when we arrived. Yes, it is pricey but if you are looking for a safe place, walking distance to the boardwalk, and seeing and hearing the ocean from your room, this is the only choice. You can also walk right down to the pier and the beach from the hotel. We had clam chowder bread bowls on the pier, saw sea lions, built sand castles, played in the ocean, and walked over to the boardwalk. A special thank you to staff member Pamela for getting us an early check in. All staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely.go back. Thank you Dream Inn for an amazing experience in Santa Cruz. It is something my son and I will never forget.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great staff, location and expereince"
Valet, desk staff and cleaners were all wonderful: friendly, helpful and responsive. Santa Cruz is expensive if you want to stay someplace safe and nice. The price is well worth it for this property.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2015
Erica
"Quaint Boutique Hotel"
Great little boutique hotel in a perfect "walk to everywhere" location. Wish it was more ocean-side versus in a bay, but truly the views were lovely, hotel staff was exceptional and I'd gladly pay the roomrate again. ((One note - room service stops at 10 local time, but at least they offered rm svc.))
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Beth
"Good if you're not looking for tranquility..."
I expected a more serene experience, especially based on the reviews, photos and price of the hotel. The pool experience was not enjoyable as pop music was blaring and it was difficult to find a place to lounge because it was so crowded. The hotel itself was also loud, however the staff were very nice and attentive.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"On the beach, but rooms are like motel 6"
Wasent worth the money, its on the beach great views. But the rooms need updating, carpets stained, old bathtubs
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Family vacation!"
We had an amazing time staying at The Dream Inn with our family! It's the perfect location to the Pier & The Boardwalk. Many wonderful restaurants to walk to. We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an ocean front relaxing vacation!
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Near Dream Perfection"
The Dream Inn was 99% great. I say that only because the only issue we ran into a problem checking in where our key card didn't work -- 3 times. The front desk clerk didn't seem too concerned, but we were tired after working all day and just wanted to go to sleep. We finally got the security guard to open our room and from there on, our stay was, excuse the pun, a dream. Comfortable room, great food, and we got to hang out poolside even after we checked out. Jenna and Kate at the front desk were super helpful in not only making sure our check-in problem was taken care of by comping our parking and giving us a sweet discount. Shout out to the custodial crew who found my girlfriend's earrings and rings and returned them before we left the hotel. The staff went above and beyond, only adding to pleasurable stay we had. Thanks Dream Inn!
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
Jacob
"Family friendly, not a couple getaway!"
This hotel is in a great location, situated right on the beach and a short walk to the famous pier. However, there was definitely more kids than adults and the pool scene felt like a episode of Nick Jr. with One Direction blaring. I wouldn't recommend this place for a quiet getaway with your loved one, instead this is a great family friendly hotel. Because of this reason, my husband and I both felt it was over-priced for what it was...for the rate we paid, we expected a couple more amenities (mini bar? better room service options? adult pool?)....really anything.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Location, Location, Location!"
We loved the Hotel location and the Hotel staff were super. With 24.00 per day parking fee and the general costs at this Hotel so high I could not justify a stay except for the most special occasion.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
mark
Wish we could have stayed longer. Wonderful location, great room overlooking the beach, relaxing evening sipping wine on the balcony.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great location, average property"
The location is beautiful and very convenient to boardwalk. However, the hotel itself is not luxurious or what I was expecting for the price. Its a very nice 'motel', not a luxury hotel. The service was very nice and the rooms clean, but its definitely a bit worn down. Bottom line, you're paying for the location, not the amenities. I've stayed at the Joie de Vivre brand before and this was definitely not up to those standards.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Family trip to Santa Cruz, nice pool and beach
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Stephen
"Hotel on the Beach"
Great location if you want to enjoy the beach and Beach Boardwalk. My 5 year old son loved the pool. The pool deck has a great view of the ocean (as you are literally on top of the beach) and a descent pool bar for the adults.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Sally
"Sweet Dreams"
We came with our neice. We stayed in a king suite with a pullout sofa. Our suite was over looking the beach and when stepping out on our balcony you could see the boardwalk too. I loved it and I would come back again but I would stay in room 429 or higher floors.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Jeanne
"Gorgeous views of ocean, right on beach!!!"
Hotel staff is incredibly friendly, helpful. Restaurant was awesome! All rooms are overlooking ocean and wharf so views are beautiful. Noise from Beach Boardwalk can be a bit much at night but calms by midnight.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Jenny
"Very noisy hotel"
Room over the pool, too noisy. I asked to be moved and they could not move us because they were booked.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
D.
"Best location for beach and Boardwalk."
Everyone at hotel was very accommodating. This place is pricey because they have location, location, location!!! Money well spent. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Easy walk to Broadwalk and pier restaurants. Can park the car even after checking out for the whole day. Nice beach view from balcony.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Ashley
A really nice place with a great view.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"Its a ok place..Not Worth The $$$"
This was a get away trip for me and my wife. What I saw ( Pictures ) on the web about the room..Its not like that. I have to hotels to all over the world.. For the $$ what I paid for this room, Not worth it. Have to pay for parking, No breakfast. Room looks old.All you pay is for the view.There was a light that didn't work, Told at the desk and they said they will fix it right away..IT WASNT....The room service...On the web its said that the bed sheets and all that will be fresh daily..So i put a little mark on the bed sheet..They used the same one and just tidy the room and bed..They should have refiled some coffee refills..They did not..Next morning I had to go find a lady in the hallway who was doing room service and ask for coffee..I asked for some coffee nicely but She had some attitude, but gave me coffee but didn't have paper cups and said will bring it to my room..Never saw here again.Overall its a nice place, Staffs looks nice,Didn't talk to many.. Its just the $$ they charge and the service said on the web and pictures..Dont expect every..
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Safeel
Amazing location. Ocean views are amazing. Great if you have kids, best of both worlds, beach and a pool.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Evelyn
"nice time"
Had a very nice time but when i check out valay lost my car keys for 1 hour
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
jerry e
"two for and fun"
It was a great getaway for us, really enjoyed our stay, everyone was friendly, all staff very good and Friendly, only good things to say!
4 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Had to go to front desk three times because key wouldn't work. Woman outside our deck screaming profanities for over 2 hours, lunch way to expensive for what we got, room way too expensive for a simple, basic, no frills room (yes, even if it had an ocean view), 2 tiny towels for 2 adults,............will not return
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
laurie
"Loved this place!!!"
Was our first family trip in a long time! Had a blast! Wish we could of stayed longer
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
i have stayed here before and love the Location of this hotel. always get cload level room, the view are spectacular.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Romantic Getaway"
Quick romantic getaway. Love the location of this hotel, it is literally right on the beach with great views of the Boardwalk and Wharf. The room was beautifully decorated and had all the amenities we needed. Sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean was a hightlight. I can't wait to come back.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
CHERYL
"Dream Inn, Santa Cruz, CA"
Over priced ok room. Valet parking was $24.00 per day which was outrageous. Will will never go back. Overpriced for what it was. It is due for a new remodeling job. The paint was peeling in our bathroom. Stains on the carpet from who know what.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Dede
it was good over all, balcony was nice but dirty thare are spider web on the ceiling, it was very obvious.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
We only stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer. We will be back.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
I found check in very crowded. Our room was not ready, so we were given wrist bands so we could go down to the pool to wait. They called when the room was ready. Very helpful with bringing luggage up to us. Room service was very prompt. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would have liked a better room, as it was a special trip with me and my granddaughters. Our room was kind of tight for the three of us.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Kathi
"Nice hotel but avoid top floor rooms"
I enjoyed the hotel, overall. It is in a super location. Staff members were friendly and helpful. They took a couple of attempts to get an issue with our room keys resolved, but they were apologetic and sincere in trying to resolve the issue. My biggest complaint about the hotel was the room temperature upon entry. We arrived at 4 pm and the room was roasting. We were in a 10th floor room and the ceiling was hot to the touch. It took several hours for the small AC to cool the room down and make it tolerable. Parking is also high $24/day whether you self park or valet.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
I got the room next to the elevator so it was quite noisy at night I could hear people walking and talking. The door lock in my room didn't function well, had to have it fix twice. The fan in the bathroom didn't work. However i am happy with all the people working there. They are friendly and very helpful. I love the view from my room. The location is great too, walking distance to the Boardwalk. Overall I would give the hotel 4 stars and will recommend it to everyone.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Hanh T.
"Nice time but not fabulous"
Stay same time each year x25 years. This time: housekeeping not good: no towels replaced, no toilet paper(had to send kids to find), glasses not clean, coffee to room w/NO cups, room service standard fair but at high prices. It's the beach, pier and Boardwalk access that will bring us back to a better hotel next year- hopefully.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Cdub
"Best Boardwalk Location"
We decided to visit Santa Cruz on a whim and was enticed by the Dream Inn's location to the beach and boardwalk. We were traveling with 2 small children and they loved the pool and the close proximity to the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the location to the boardwalk was perfect. I highly recommend this hotel! We had a wonderful stay and would definitely return.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Beachfront View"
Great people, great atmosphere and nicely appointed rooms. The pool area was well appointed, the pool staff was very attentive and the grounds staff very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Right on the ocean with a beautiful view"
They have ultra modern furniture that isn't comfortable. Not my taste in decor. Comfortable beds & good food & service w room service
Other trip Jul 2, 2015