All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America

Beautiful beach
    Great pool
    Ordinary amenities
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Holiday Getaway"
Hotel was nice and comfortable with beautiful views as always. Nice getaway from a crazy holiday season.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Karri
"Great staff; disappointing room."
When the reservation was made, based on advertising, we expected much more than realized. The room was cold, no matter what temperature was set; the closet was a joke!! A midget would have found it satisfactory but the normal attire exceeded capacity, making it impossible to close the doors. The bath lavatory counter was small for two people's toiletries and accessing the towels required crossing the room where they were accessible. All in all, a very disappointing experience. And of course, the noise from the hallway including children playing and yelling until late evening was a highlight!
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
"Birthday night stay"
It was my birthday we had dinner in capitola. Our room had a beautiful view of the bay and the wharf the staff was very helpful the room service for breakfast was great
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Enjoyable stay."
We were celebrating my wife's birthday with another couple, we enjoyed the hotel, the other couple's room had no heat the first night which made it uncomfortable for them. It was a simple fix someone pulled the thermostat off the wall and didn't put it back on correctly. I would definitely stay there again, enjoyable and quiet. Self parking $25/day or valet for $24/day
2 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2015
Beautiful view. Great room. Perfect location.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Joshua
"My favorite place to stay in Santa Cruz"
My favorite place to stay in Santa Cruz
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
"Close to the beach and close to town"
We booked a few hours ahead of our stay on our cellphone but by mistake entered the wrong dates for our stay. Graciously the gentleman working reception honored the price and the booking even though the hotel was quite full. It was a Friday night and the hotel was almost fully booked with holiday parties. His "no worries" attitude made our night after a long day of driving.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
melody
We checked-in on Dec 24, and stayed for one night. The rooms are clean and have nice view of the beach. My friends even saw a beautiful sunrise in her room. We were offered $25 resort credit per room because of Expedia golden membership.
Other trip Dec 26, 2015
Starfish
"A wonderfully romantic weekend"
We both loved the beautiful room and view. The food and drinks at the restaurant were delicious. The only problem was that the little mini fridge in our room didn't work. Everything else was perfect! We will be back. Thank you
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Nancy L.
"Great stay, but surprize charge at checkout."
We had a great stay up until checkout with the surprize $24.00 per day charge ($120.00 total) just to park our rental car across the street in an open unprotected parking lot. The parking rate was not posted nor explained ahead of time, so I naively assumed it would be a reasonable rate of around $10.00 per day. Such an unpleasant surprize as that puts a strong tarnish on the Drean Inn reputation.
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Ron
"Good vibes, amazing views"
Staff was amazing. Best stay here yet!
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Darren
"Superb Experience"
Beautiful! I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much, and wish I was able to stay longer. Since this trip was in December (off season), it was very peaceful on the beach and around the hotel, which was what I wanted. Beautiful views of the ocean. You can lie in bed and listen to the waves crash on the beach! The staff was very pleasant! Jay at the front desk was especially kind and helpful during my stay. The room was clean and comfortable. I have no complaints about the hotel or its staff. I hope to make this an annual thing I do!
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2015
One word, WONDERFUL!
2 night family trip Dec 8, 2015
Awesome place to stay right on the beach. Can leave your patio door open to hear the ocean. Loved the glass railing on the patio with no restriction to the view of the beach and ocean.Beware of additional parking fee not included in the price.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
"The best Bay Area getaway"
Always gorgeous and fun. Dinner on the wharf. Fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"Off to the Beach"
We went to stay near the beach. Great place to stay.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
richie
"repeat booking"
2nd time back.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Change is Good, But Not Like This"
We have been staying at this property for over thirty years, if you can believe it, and I have to say that it is sad to see the disintegration of customer service. We have been visiting every year with our family and within the last two years there is always some issue not of our making. We have one more family trip that has already been planned and then I think we'll take a long break from what has been a family tradition. Change is good, but not like this.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
"Ok place to stay"
Great panoramic view of the beach, wharf and boardwalk. Valet staff was super. Desk staff was so so. Housekeeping was good and clean. Restaurant was good, not great. There were a lot of kids = noise. But we were lucky to have a room away from all that. Didn't use pool for obvious reasons. All and all, we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Nov 26, 2015
BV
"My Dream at the Dream Inn"
Thanks to a work conference held at the Dream Inn circa November 2013, I have had the sheer pleasure of staying and playing at this property several times a year (really, a luxury). This year and this stay on November 8th; although the rooms, views, cloud level beds, and total beauty remain a dream... there is indeed slippage and it is obvious several General Managers have made their way through the property and restaurant. We are a having our first real (usual) winter in CA is many years. It is time to put a better heating system in place. We froze in our room although the small door heating/air unit was at 86 (max our entire stay). I recommend investing in a new system to keep guests comfortable. We had to request (2) extra blankets just to stay somewhat warm (and asleep). Also, as a Joie de Vie member, I found it so disappointing there is now a room charge if you must use the lobby computer and an additional charge if you must print documents from it. Lastly, to have no Valet after 11pm was terrible considering I am disabled and cannot walk lengthy distances to self park (in the rain). Dream Inn, you are literally one of my most sacred places on this planet. Do not let the bottom line or inconsistent management drop you from this status. You more than make up for it via your price point and certainly the dreams you incite in all who stay with you,
Other trip Nov 11, 2015
Maria
"Santa Cruz"
Nice place for a family. Great beach access and nice pool. Restaurant is pretty good as well.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Victor
"Second Time Around"
I stayed at the Dream Inn in June alone for a business trip. I loved it and decided to come back this past week (November 2015). My husband came along this time and a coworker also booked a room. We received an e-mail about a week before saying that the pool was going to be closed for renovations but it was a pleasant surprise when we checked in and the receptionist advised us that it was still open and the reservations hadn't started. This place is seriously a sweet spot. The views are great, the staff is pleasant, the area is fun. I love the scallops at the restaraunt, they're delicious! It was a little chilly so we sat in the hot tub and ordered drinks. I couldn't have asked for a better stay and will again be returning, hopefully for longer!
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Emily
"Best hotel in Santa Cruz"
Love this hotel! So beautiful, and the staff is super nice and helpful. You can't ask for a better location or view. Only 2 issues, one is that the in room refrigerators are too small and don't get cold enough. But that's nothing bringing your own cooler can't solve. Second issue, and my biggest pet peeve, there is no microwave in the room. Other than those 2 in room items, everything else is amazing! One of my favorite places to visit and stay!
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Beautiful ocean view!! Cute and retro decor. Hot tub is not the greatest. A little small.
"It was great."
Me and my wife had so much fun...loved the hotel and the view from the hotel.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
My mother, sister and I are on a road trip and this was a very nice hotel on the beach; great location to the pier with shops, restaurants and wine tasting.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Beautiful location right on the beach and a close walk to the pier and Boardwalk. Best spot to stay in Santa Cruz.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Very nice stay at the Dream in Location Location"
My wife and I visited the Dream Inn for our anniversary. The place sits right on the beach and very close to the wharf/pier. We had a lovely time at this hotel relaxing, having coffee and breakfast on our balcony. Little over priced but nothing like hearing the roll of the waves as you relax in your room.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Howie
"Best Santa Cruz hotel location"
We stayed here while going to a wedding in the Santa Cruz mountains. You can't beat the location on the beach. The boardwalk path on the ocean's cliff is right outside the hotel's door. We also enjoyed the bikes they had to use. The bones of this hotel are showing some ware. I hope they keep the building well maintained so that this place will be worth visiting for years to come. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
3 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
This I so the second time , I enjoy my view From my room and the staff member are pro
MK
"Great for families!"
Great location and wonderful hotel staff. I will definitely be back. The location is perfect for people traveling with children. Great beach access close to the warf and arcade. Absolutely beautiful view of the ocean and close to the cliffs. The valet guys are just as friendly as the people at check in. They offered me great suggestions and were very helpful and friendly. Love this place!
simo
Great to place to spend the weekend kid friendly the restaurant had really good food
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Fun hotel, good restaurant!"
Great stay, no drama. I have stayed here several times and it is always a good experience.
DK
"Great stay for a special night"
Came here for a special wedding anniversary getaway. All rooms have a fantastic ocean view and balcony. Rooms are very comfortable. Romantic walks out on the beach and wharf. Stop at one of our favorite wine bars on the pier. Dinner at a choice of several decent, affordable (but not stellar) seafood restaurants. Big flat screen TV with movies. Ordered a great breakfast in bed. This hotel may be a bit pricey for most people for a long stay. But it is perfect and well worth the cost for those short high quality stays.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Great views. Awesome service."
Great service. Great room and location. I stayed here with my husband for his birthday and they gave us a complimentary bottle of wine for his birthday
keri
"AMAZING ocean view and access!"
They got the name right, it is totally DREAMY! The view and access to the ocean is bar none. I slept with my patio door open and listened to the waves all night. They have a pool and ocean access like no ok other hotel around. The rooms are modern and updated and colorful and the little patio has a chair and table too. Everything is within waking distance - the Boardwalk, pier, restaurants, arcade and carnival and kid stuff. At night they had firepits and the whirpool is open until 10pm to enjoy the oceanfront. Kid friendly for families too. They have a bar and poolside food and service. Though the pool is rather small and was a little crowded on the weekends. But with the ocean right there, it didn't bother me. Totally reccomend this hotel if you want oceanfront and I think it's pretty reasonably priced considering everything! I am pretty picky when it comes to location and beaches and this was a wonderful surprise. I would totally come back!
Jen
"Excellent room with a fantastic view of the ocean."
Would have liked a continental breakfast included in the price of the stay.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Great hotel close to the beach and wharf"
Went to Santa Cruz for a short get-away and we loved every minute of it!
Benzman02
"Excellent location on Beach"
Only stayed one night but staff was very friendly & rooms clean with a great view.
Vince
"Great place great staff"
Staff was very nice and helpful At the pool it was the same way
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"Great location - older property"
Hotel is in a great location! Beach front property, pool, beach and the pier is right there - lots of restaurants within walking distance. Nice staff, very friendly - not a long wait for the valet to bring the car. Hotel itself is older, remodeled - comfortable beds and pillows, not many towels.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Very nice place to stay. Every room has ocean view and balcony. Will definitely be back.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Thaddeus
"A weekend at the beach"
We stayed at the Dream Inn for a short weekend getaway. The hotel is perfectly located with a 5 minute walk to the Boardwalk. It is also a 15 minute walk from downtown Santa Cruz, which is loaded with shops and restaurants. The hotel staff was friendly and knowledgeable. All in all, a perfect spot for a quick getaway.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Over-priced- Lacking in customer service"
Booked through hotels.com unfortunately Dream Inn canceled reservation. Fortunately, hotels.com rectified the situation. Dream Inn claimed they were full but when hotels.com called on my behalf miraculously a room became available. The room we were given was old and dingy and cost over $300. Will NEVER return! Poor customer service!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
We checked in here on a whim and it was a delightful find. On check-in, the receptionist suggested we take a 1st floor room next to the pool since I was with my three kids. I wanted something higher forcthecamsxing views of the Pacific Lake and the Boardwalk, but decided to take her reccomendation - and I'm glad we did. Our patio opened up to the pool (basically) and it was really nice for kids to just run in and out. It was a great stay and I'd do it again!
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Sean
"A chic beach-lovers DREAM"
My friend and I had a fantastic one night stay before continuing down the coast. Beautiful place, very friendly staff, awesome location. Despite our short stay, we managed to hit the pool/hot tub area twice- it was that nice! Nothing better than sitting in the hot tub w a glass of wine looking out over the beach to the sunset (and hearing our Sea Lion friends barking in the distance). Loved the room (amazing beach view/huge balcony). And again, the staff here- so warm and friendly. This was the first of many nice hotels we stayed at on our trip down the coast to Santa Barbara, but looking back was my favorite. Will definitely be back. Thanks Dreamy Dream Inn!
1 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Cara
"Almost Perfect"
Everything was good, we were even able to check in a little early, which was great since we were with our little granddaughter. The only thing bad was that the sheets smelled too strongly of bleach. Other than that, great!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
judith
Very nice boutique place, hip decor, great views of the Santa Cruz Pier and Boardwalk. Watch out for $24 parking charges.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Claire
The service was fantastic. Great location by the beach, pier and boardwalk.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Great Views...Friendly Staff...VERY Lame Rooms"
Location and views were great Staff was very friendly Rooms were worn, tired and shabby and not shabby chic....place needs an overhaul Pool small and crowded, didn't even bother Dinner Menu was fair Very drunk patron in restaurant dining room was loudly verbally abusing an elderly companion which we thought the staff should handle but did not.......that was an hour not to be soon forgotten. Tough situation however......so would cut them some slack there Would stay again only if there were not other options (and there generally aren't in Santa Cruz)
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015