All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2019 Pennsylvania Ave Nw, Washington, DC, 20006, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very Nice Hotel"
The hotel was very nice and the neighborhood was a definite plus. We walked to all the monuments, museums, etc, and there are over a dozen places to eat within a block or two of the hotel. Parking fee is high (I am from Texas where parking in hotels is typically free) but every hotel in the city charges comparable rates. There are two elevators, one of which is very small. That is not a complaint so much as an observation. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed this Historic hotel. Small but comfortable room and all the staff was very helpful and always pleasant. The dining room breakfast and lunches were excellent fresh food and a real bargain.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Dennis
"The Best in DC!"
A perfect hotel. Superb location. Wonderful, beautiful rooms! And perhaps the nicest, most helpful, most professional and happy staff we've ever seen. We booked the Hotel Lombardy for its location to the museums, the metro, convenience. We didn't expect the luxury of the rooms, the Venetian Room with 'small plates' at night with a glass of wine, or the history of the place. Just all around wonderful!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Charming surprise"
Adorable and charming surprise! Will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Excellent choice!"
This was a great choice for my sister and I on our recent trip to D.C. Close to a Metro stop, had a small refrigerator in the room that we didn't expect and very comfortable beds and pillows. Lighting was excellent as was the shower pressure and the maid left us two bottles of water every day, very nice!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Traveler
"Wonderful Weekend at Hotel Lombardy"
My daughter and I came to DC for the weekend and wanted to stay fairly near the Kennedy Center. Hotel Lombardy exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. I saw that we had an ice bucket but didn't know where the ice machine was located. I called the front desk staff, who immediately had someone bring ice to our room. I blew a fuse using my hair dryer (I think we had too many items plugged in and electronic devices on) and I again called the front desk. A maintenance man came immediately and got our power working again. On Saturday my daughter and I were walking back into the hotel with a container of water (it was 100 degrees in DC that day) and the doorman asked if we would like to have ice sent to our room, which he facilitated. My daughter and I joked that it seemed we were high maintenance guests. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but we did stop into their Venetian Room Bar and Lounge for a glass of wine, and that also was a pleasant experience. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Lombardy again and highly recommend it.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Jayne
Nice hotel, easy to get to, staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Nice hotel. Old but clean."
Hotel was old, but clean. It was in the right location for access to GW University housing. No issues, but I was surprised they put an $80 hold on my credit card when room was already paid for. There is no way I could eat $80 in Candy.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great Staff"
This is a very comfy hotel. It was well kept with nice furnishings. We did not use the restaurant or the bar. The rooms were nice, however, a bit small and we had an upgraded room with a small kitchenette and dressing area which was nice. Our king size bed was very comfortable, especially after a long day of walking and sightseeing. The location was about two blocks from the metro which was really a plus with many place to catch breakfast at along the way. We walked to the White House and monuments (about 2 miles), so that was a plus. The best feature about this hotel was the extra friendly staff and door men. They were sooo helpful with directions and recommendations.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Cupcake
"Awesome Hotel!"
Everything about this hotel is great! It was within walking distance to everything you want to do and see. The staff was fantastic! Our room was very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good experience"
If you need a well ubicated, really nice not expensive hotel for a weekend, this is the perfect choice
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Alvaro
"Great location!"
Hotel Lombardy is close to the Metro and to many sites. It is a charming and clean vintage hotel. One disappointment was the sporadic internet connection.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Perfect location! Love the atmosphere."
No problems-very comfortable room. Close to metro. Helpful, curious staff. We will definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Mark & Karen
"Weekend in DC"
Went to DC for the Capitol Fourth. Loved Hotel Lombardy! In a great location, close to restaurants and Metro, clean, helpful staff, really cool place! Would definitely stay there again!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Deborah
"Great hotel in a good location"
Selected the Hotel Lombardy based on location and hotels.com reviews. Spent 2 nights over the 4th of July weekend, and was happy with the location as well as the hotel itself. While it's an historic building, it's nicely maintained, with very pleasant and helpful staff. We were upgraded to an upper floor on the front of the hotel, which was nice. The bed was very comfortable, and we appreciated the extra space in the kitchenette. I would definitely stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Great Location AND an Upgrade!"
My stay was so pleasant at Hotel Lombardy. We arrived about an hour and a half before check-in started, and they had no more King Rooms available, so we were upgraded for free to a King Luxe Suite, which was so wonderful! We even had to check out at 3am to catch an early flight, and it was super quick and easy. We were located near many places to eat (Founding Farmers, Greenberry's Coffee, Filter Coffee, Bobby's Burger Palace, Whole Foods, and about a million Starbucks'), and were able to walk a lot of places, though we opted to Uber to our furthest destination of the day and work our way closer to the Hotel throughout the day.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Tiffany
"Situated in the best location for Lincoln Memorial"
Had a wonderful time visiting the Smithsonian. Rained on and off for the 5 days I was in Washington DC not a problem, took taxi cab when the rain got to bad.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"All that we needed"
Nice size clean room close to the sights and public transportation. Restaurant was pricy but to be expected given its location. Had a bit of a problem getting ice sent up to our room but that was taken care of quickly. No ice machines on the floors. Don't expect a view from your room since most face a very close office building. We would happily stay here again!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
A convenient hotel for sightseeing in DC. Hotel was adequate, but staff could have been more pleasant. There is a shortage of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"My stay at Hotel Lombardy in Washington D.C."
Staff was wonderful. Room was great with awesome features. A kitchenette, dressing area, and the bed was very comfortable. Great bar in the hotel as well.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Merrill
"Nice for the price"
Good value. Quiet. Comfortable room. Only mirror in room is in bathroom over sink. A full length mirror in the room would be an improvement.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Hotel Lombardy in Foggy Bottom, DC"
Wonderful historic hotel in great neighborhood! Restaurant "Cafe Lombardy" in hotel was good and very convenient since it was pouring rain one night we were there. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Maureen
My flight was delayed 4 hours and I did not arrive at the hotel until 2:00 am. There was a door man there to open the door and help with my suitcase. The lady at the desk was also attentive and helpful at that hour. Then my suitcase, which had a combination lock, locked up and would not open. The door man came to my room with tools and was very efficient in breaking the lock and opening my suitcase. By this time it was 3:00 a.m. and needless to say, I just wanted to go to bed. I greatly appreciated all the service you hotel staff offered. My room was clean and big! Thanks for a great stay, I'll be back.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Historic small hotel with wonderful amenities"
Loved quiet location with access to the Metro, shops, grocery stores and sightseeing nearby. Spent most days walking to destinations but one day in the rain riding the Metro.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great DC Hotel"
We had a great stay. This is a 1920's era hotel, which has been remodeled, keeping it's historic character with a modern aesthetic. Very clean, good customer service, and it has character and charm - it's not bland and not generic. The dark halls and carefully designed lighting give it a feel almost like the haunted mansion at Disneyland - sort of creepy, but posh and intriguing. I'll stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel in a convenient location"
I enjoyed two wonderful nights in Washington with my wife. The Hotel Lombardy is very well located for sight-seeing as it is just a 10 minute walk to the White House. I would definitely stay again. Only issue was with the food service being very slow on Sunday night owing to a lack of staff.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"A real gem, tucked away in plain sight!"
Excellent!!! Our first impression was that of old time New Orleans. Our room was quaint, comfortable and attractive. This is a hotel that I would NEVER have stayed at if I had not found the great deal on Hotels.com.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Alethia
"Excellent Service!"
The service was quick and personable! I appreciate all the staff there. I really enjoyed the 'historical' ambience, i.e., the wooden frame and swing door in front of each room's regular door, knowing James Monroe once lived next door, etc.). There were a lot of places to eat around the hotel and it was very convenient to the 'mall' and museums. I would definitely refer others to this hotel.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Maria
"Charming place to stay"
We very Much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Charming and great Location
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
jan
"Great hotel."
Convenient location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good price on the weekend! Would stay again.
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"It was ok, nothing t brag about."
Room was clean and comfortable. Other than that it was good for the money.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Nice small hotel"
A small hotel in Foggy Bottom about half way between Georgetown and The White House. You can walk fairly easily to both. Not a lot of resturants close by but Founding Farmer s is a block away. The hotel has a nice Resturant and bar but a little pricey. Like a lot of places in Washington, the bar has a nice happy hour. The room was comfortable, very good ac, nice wet bar with a frige and vanity area. Bathroom was small but functional. Metro stops about 2 blocks in either direction although Metro does not go to Georgetown. If going to the National Mall or monuments, you can walk but better to take Metro or cab. Cabs to about anywhere were less than 15.00 except 20.00 set fee to Reagan National Airport. Overall a very good midrange hotel, nice staff and good location.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Cozy hotel close to Metro, great places to eat, and the sights of Washington.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Clair
"An Outstanding Hotel!"
Loved being there! As you can see,my husband and family as well as me really thought this was an exceptional place to stay!
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
Dorothy
"Great Location, Great Staff, Great Room!"
Wonderful. They were simply wonderful! My room was spacious and room service was great.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Good hotel in good area"
This hotel is in a good position for walking around the main sights of Washington. Pity the place looks like a building site at the moment!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Liz
"Nice hotel, very close to the National Mall."
This is a very nice hotel, very clean, and the staff were all quite helpful and friendly. Perfect location for anything you want to do in DC. I walked to the National Mall within 10 minutes, and it is only a 5 minute walk away from the Farragut West Metro station. The only downside is the small elevators: 3 people plus luggage was a squeeze, but really, how much time do you spend in the elevators?
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
S
"like seeing an old friend after a long absence"
This was first trip back to the Lombardy since 5 or so years; used to stay here often. On this trip, found EVERYTHING to be terrific. And, what a delight to have the very same waiter in the restaurant whom I had gotten to know from so long ago--and he remembered me! By the way, the restaurant is consistently very very good and the service is also excellent. Front desk staff were kind and had the info I needed when I needed it. Location is perfect for my interactions with GW Univ. I will definitely return!!!
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
M F
"Fabulous Find!"
We just returned from a 7 night stay at the Hotel Lombardy. We were so pleased with everything about the hotel. The staff was always friendly and courteous. The beds were amazing. I never slept so well in my life! The rooms were always cleaned immaculately. I would stay here again without a doubt. It is close to the Metro and the White House.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Old world charm with modern conveniences"
Love the spacious room , easy access to the city ,great restaurants nearby
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Dustan & Beth
My room had a few problems including broken hot water tab. Also, because of broken door knob, I got locked in the bathroom for a while. When I reported the problems to front desk, the staffs expressed no apology for my experiences and not very nice. Doormen sometime didn't open the door while I carried a heavy bag.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"I would stay here again- loved it!"
What a treat this was!! The place is great, very charming. Very friendly staff. Big room and great location by Pennsylvania Ave.
1 night trip May 28, 2015
An old apartment building converted to hotel.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Joanna
"Better than Best for our money spent here!"
We were very comfortable here--all those who were "help" here were very friendly and helpful and felt like good friends to us. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel and the waiters there were so attentive. Our only suggestion was for the toast to be warm when it was served to us. It was cool and hard to spread butter on it. Also in the five mornings we were there, and I ordered a grapefruit which was on the menu, only the first morning were we able to get one! The crab cakes were the best we ever had. This was an excellent place to stay and we will be sure to return!
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Historical visit"
We really enjoyed the Lombardy. It is an old stucture with loads of character. Our room was much like a tiny apartment with a separate little kitchenet and seating. The view was not the best. Our window was in a very close proximity to an office building which looked directly into office workspaces. But now knowing that we would just ask for a different view. The staff was very welcoming and helpful in directions, and suggesting tours. There were not many resaurants in the area to choose from, however the hotel has a small and charming dining facility of wich we did not take advantage of. We enjoyed the proximity to some of the hisorical sites. The White house was within walking distance.
3 night romance trip May 11, 2015
david
"Great Getaway"
What a lovely hotel located so close to our activities on the GW campus and local restaurants. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Room was comfortable and spotless. Excellent service and free parking made for a wonderful weekend.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Forest P
"Hotel Lombardy proved a great choice!"
Great place and walkable location! Great restaurants and easy Metro access. Walked to National Mall.
4 night trip with friends May 18, 2015
Katherine
"Beautiful Stay"
Beautiful hotel room. Very clean and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Chloe
All personnel were extremely friendly and helpful with any questions, needs, etc. Very nice , comfortable room and great location
Other trip May 26, 2015
Missy
"Excellent for a long weekend"
First time staying at a "boutique" hotel, and I would definitely recommend this one! It was quiet, small, extremely clean. The gentleman who worked the front desk at night gave us EXCELLENT dinner recommendations, and not one, but four or five! Very attentive staff. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 26, 2015