All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2019 Pennsylvania Ave NwWashingtonDC20006United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Great room
    Decent vibe
The reason for our visit was to check out GWU. This hotel was in walking distance to the University. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The suite was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. If our granddaughter decides to attend GWU we know where we will be staying each time we visit her.....
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Antoinette
"Lombardy"
Good location. Clean. Competitive.
4 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Johann K
"Hotel Lombardy is the "Goldilocks" place to stay!"
The Hotel Lombardy was the perfect location for my trip to Washington, DC! It was just the right size with excellent valet parking service, and I could walk to my meeting. The room was superb- bed was comfortable, bath was very clean with toiletry items in case I had forgotten something.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Teresa
"Hidden Gem"
I always enjoy this hidden gem while in DC. The service, accommodations and food have remained consistent.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Catherine
The hotel was very nice, decent walking distance from the Metro lines. Good restaurants nearby. Watch out for the parking charges. When I called to ask about parking I was told to pull up to the front for valet parking. We did, what they didn't tell me over the phone that parking was $45.00 per day. Didn't find that out until we had already handed over the keys.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Perfect Stay for last minute getaway"
Hotel Lombardy is one if my favorite hotels in DC. I love the feeling of being in a hideaway location in the middle of a big city. I live in DC and still stay here from time to time just to relax and get away from regular life. :)
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Tara
"Good location."
Stayed over the weekend. Good location. White House and vacinity within walking distance. Parking pricey. Staff very helpful.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
sheryl
"Historic Hotel"
Need a business center. One evening clerk said they would allow me to use their computer to check in for my flight and print the boarding pass. The next night when it was time to do it I was told no and sent to FedEx. If my flight had been later FedEx would have been closed and I would have been unable to check in. A disappointing end to an otherwise lovely stay.
6 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Leigh
"Romantic getaway"
It was beautiful ,classy and romantic! It made our 34th anniversary extra special! Thanks
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Ehsan
"Perfect Service Perfect Stay"
We had a wonderful stay at hotel Lombardy! I was impressed at how friendly & kind the hotel staff were. We ate breakfast one morning in Cafe Lombardy and it was perfect. Would stay at this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
"Great place at a great location."
I really like this hotel, I have stayed here before and it is great. My only complaint is the wireless internet was too slow..
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
BRENT
"Wonderful hotel near GW University, Metro stations"
We stayed for one week in a suite. Very spacious and nice.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Anne
"Sight-seeing trip to Washington"
I always like the Lombardy. The rooms are not huge, but they are clean, comfortable, and even charming. I was there for a week in July 2015. The rooms are quiet. I was beside the elevator but could NOT hear it. This is wonderful. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel is charming. I always ask to be on a higher floor and they always do that for me. The WiFi works very well. When I was leaving, the doorman asked it I needed a taxi, and when I said yes, he hailed one for me immediately. Very, very nice. The only problems I had this year were a little bit of mildew in the tub area, which they cleaned up immediately and thoroughly when I asked about it. And, the tub did not drain properly, so by the end of my shower I was standing in a few inches of water. I asked about this too but it was not resolved. I told them again when I checked out. But no place is perfect. I will definitely stay at the Lombardy again next year.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
DC Lover
"Great Location for Walkers"
We stayed three nights with our 11-year old grandson and really enjoyed the staff and hotel, particularly Mr. Mohammed in the Café Lombardy, who made my wife's birthday dinner a very special occasion. Good selection of menu items, fine preparations and service. We'll stay there again when in the region. Our grandson was very impressed with him and the all menu items we selected were well prepared and presented. I'm sure you could find fancier presentations and gourmet menus elsewhere, but this is a very friendly, nicely appointed restaurant with tasty option for those who prefer to spend their travel dollars seeing the sites.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Greg
quite pleasant
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Dr. Toni
"Very Nice Hotel"
The hotel was very nice and the neighborhood was a definite plus. We walked to all the monuments, museums, etc, and there are over a dozen places to eat within a block or two of the hotel. Parking fee is high (I am from Texas where parking in hotels is typically free) but every hotel in the city charges comparable rates. There are two elevators, one of which is very small. That is not a complaint so much as an observation. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed this Historic hotel. Small but comfortable room and all the staff was very helpful and always pleasant. The dining room breakfast and lunches were excellent fresh food and a real bargain.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Dennis
"The Best in DC!"
A perfect hotel. Superb location. Wonderful, beautiful rooms! And perhaps the nicest, most helpful, most professional and happy staff we've ever seen. We booked the Hotel Lombardy for its location to the museums, the metro, convenience. We didn't expect the luxury of the rooms, the Venetian Room with 'small plates' at night with a glass of wine, or the history of the place. Just all around wonderful!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Charming surprise"
Adorable and charming surprise! Will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Excellent choice!"
This was a great choice for my sister and I on our recent trip to D.C. Close to a Metro stop, had a small refrigerator in the room that we didn't expect and very comfortable beds and pillows. Lighting was excellent as was the shower pressure and the maid left us two bottles of water every day, very nice!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Traveler
"Wonderful Weekend at Hotel Lombardy"
My daughter and I came to DC for the weekend and wanted to stay fairly near the Kennedy Center. Hotel Lombardy exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. I saw that we had an ice bucket but didn't know where the ice machine was located. I called the front desk staff, who immediately had someone bring ice to our room. I blew a fuse using my hair dryer (I think we had too many items plugged in and electronic devices on) and I again called the front desk. A maintenance man came immediately and got our power working again. On Saturday my daughter and I were walking back into the hotel with a container of water (it was 100 degrees in DC that day) and the doorman asked if we would like to have ice sent to our room, which he facilitated. My daughter and I joked that it seemed we were high maintenance guests. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but we did stop into their Venetian Room Bar and Lounge for a glass of wine, and that also was a pleasant experience. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Lombardy again and highly recommend it.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Jayne
Nice hotel, easy to get to, staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Nice hotel. Old but clean."
Hotel was old, but clean. It was in the right location for access to GW University housing. No issues, but I was surprised they put an $80 hold on my credit card when room was already paid for. There is no way I could eat $80 in Candy.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great Staff"
This is a very comfy hotel. It was well kept with nice furnishings. We did not use the restaurant or the bar. The rooms were nice, however, a bit small and we had an upgraded room with a small kitchenette and dressing area which was nice. Our king size bed was very comfortable, especially after a long day of walking and sightseeing. The location was about two blocks from the metro which was really a plus with many place to catch breakfast at along the way. We walked to the White House and monuments (about 2 miles), so that was a plus. The best feature about this hotel was the extra friendly staff and door men. They were sooo helpful with directions and recommendations.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Cupcake
"Awesome Hotel!"
Everything about this hotel is great! It was within walking distance to everything you want to do and see. The staff was fantastic! Our room was very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good experience"
If you need a well ubicated, really nice not expensive hotel for a weekend, this is the perfect choice
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Alvaro
"Great location!"
Hotel Lombardy is close to the Metro and to many sites. It is a charming and clean vintage hotel. One disappointment was the sporadic internet connection.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Perfect location! Love the atmosphere."
No problems-very comfortable room. Close to metro. Helpful, curious staff. We will definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Mark & Karen
"Weekend in DC"
Went to DC for the Capitol Fourth. Loved Hotel Lombardy! In a great location, close to restaurants and Metro, clean, helpful staff, really cool place! Would definitely stay there again!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Deborah
"Great hotel in a good location"
Selected the Hotel Lombardy based on location and hotels.com reviews. Spent 2 nights over the 4th of July weekend, and was happy with the location as well as the hotel itself. While it's an historic building, it's nicely maintained, with very pleasant and helpful staff. We were upgraded to an upper floor on the front of the hotel, which was nice. The bed was very comfortable, and we appreciated the extra space in the kitchenette. I would definitely stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Great Location AND an Upgrade!"
My stay was so pleasant at Hotel Lombardy. We arrived about an hour and a half before check-in started, and they had no more King Rooms available, so we were upgraded for free to a King Luxe Suite, which was so wonderful! We even had to check out at 3am to catch an early flight, and it was super quick and easy. We were located near many places to eat (Founding Farmers, Greenberry's Coffee, Filter Coffee, Bobby's Burger Palace, Whole Foods, and about a million Starbucks'), and were able to walk a lot of places, though we opted to Uber to our furthest destination of the day and work our way closer to the Hotel throughout the day.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Tiffany
"Situated in the best location for Lincoln Memorial"
Had a wonderful time visiting the Smithsonian. Rained on and off for the 5 days I was in Washington DC not a problem, took taxi cab when the rain got to bad.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"All that we needed"
Nice size clean room close to the sights and public transportation. Restaurant was pricy but to be expected given its location. Had a bit of a problem getting ice sent up to our room but that was taken care of quickly. No ice machines on the floors. Don't expect a view from your room since most face a very close office building. We would happily stay here again!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
A convenient hotel for sightseeing in DC. Hotel was adequate, but staff could have been more pleasant. There is a shortage of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"My stay at Hotel Lombardy in Washington D.C."
Staff was wonderful. Room was great with awesome features. A kitchenette, dressing area, and the bed was very comfortable. Great bar in the hotel as well.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Merrill
"Nice for the price"
Good value. Quiet. Comfortable room. Only mirror in room is in bathroom over sink. A full length mirror in the room would be an improvement.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Hotel Lombardy in Foggy Bottom, DC"
Wonderful historic hotel in great neighborhood! Restaurant "Cafe Lombardy" in hotel was good and very convenient since it was pouring rain one night we were there. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Maureen
My flight was delayed 4 hours and I did not arrive at the hotel until 2:00 am. There was a door man there to open the door and help with my suitcase. The lady at the desk was also attentive and helpful at that hour. Then my suitcase, which had a combination lock, locked up and would not open. The door man came to my room with tools and was very efficient in breaking the lock and opening my suitcase. By this time it was 3:00 a.m. and needless to say, I just wanted to go to bed. I greatly appreciated all the service you hotel staff offered. My room was clean and big! Thanks for a great stay, I'll be back.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Historic small hotel with wonderful amenities"
Loved quiet location with access to the Metro, shops, grocery stores and sightseeing nearby. Spent most days walking to destinations but one day in the rain riding the Metro.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great DC Hotel"
We had a great stay. This is a 1920's era hotel, which has been remodeled, keeping it's historic character with a modern aesthetic. Very clean, good customer service, and it has character and charm - it's not bland and not generic. The dark halls and carefully designed lighting give it a feel almost like the haunted mansion at Disneyland - sort of creepy, but posh and intriguing. I'll stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel in a convenient location"
I enjoyed two wonderful nights in Washington with my wife. The Hotel Lombardy is very well located for sight-seeing as it is just a 10 minute walk to the White House. I would definitely stay again. Only issue was with the food service being very slow on Sunday night owing to a lack of staff.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"A real gem, tucked away in plain sight!"
Excellent!!! Our first impression was that of old time New Orleans. Our room was quaint, comfortable and attractive. This is a hotel that I would NEVER have stayed at if I had not found the great deal on Hotels.com.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Alethia
"Excellent Service!"
The service was quick and personable! I appreciate all the staff there. I really enjoyed the 'historical' ambience, i.e., the wooden frame and swing door in front of each room's regular door, knowing James Monroe once lived next door, etc.). There were a lot of places to eat around the hotel and it was very convenient to the 'mall' and museums. I would definitely refer others to this hotel.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Maria
"Charming place to stay"
We very Much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Charming and great Location
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
jan
"Great hotel."
Convenient location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good price on the weekend! Would stay again.
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"It was ok, nothing t brag about."
Room was clean and comfortable. Other than that it was good for the money.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Nice small hotel"
A small hotel in Foggy Bottom about half way between Georgetown and The White House. You can walk fairly easily to both. Not a lot of resturants close by but Founding Farmer s is a block away. The hotel has a nice Resturant and bar but a little pricey. Like a lot of places in Washington, the bar has a nice happy hour. The room was comfortable, very good ac, nice wet bar with a frige and vanity area. Bathroom was small but functional. Metro stops about 2 blocks in either direction although Metro does not go to Georgetown. If going to the National Mall or monuments, you can walk but better to take Metro or cab. Cabs to about anywhere were less than 15.00 except 20.00 set fee to Reagan National Airport. Overall a very good midrange hotel, nice staff and good location.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Cozy hotel close to Metro, great places to eat, and the sights of Washington.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Clair
"An Outstanding Hotel!"
Loved being there! As you can see,my husband and family as well as me really thought this was an exceptional place to stay!
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
Dorothy
"Great Location, Great Staff, Great Room!"
Wonderful. They were simply wonderful! My room was spacious and room service was great.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015