All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2117 E St NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great stay in a perfect location."
Great stay in a perfect location. Walked to everything. Old hotel with lots of character and clean rooms. Kitchenette was a nice surprise and even a old fashioned dressing room.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Friendly and helpful staff. Everything went smoothly.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay!"
We stayed 8 days. Staff was cordial, helpful, and available. The hotel is actually two buildings, back to back; the front entrances for each side are nearly identical. They each open onto one-way streets (E and F Streets), which caused some confusion until we made note of which side our room was on. The nicest thing: there are 'front desks' on both sides so you don't have to go to the other building to get front-desk service. The king kitchenette was comfortable. Our only comments are that the pillows are overstuffed, making them difficult to sleep on. The front desk said they are all that way, but the bed/bedding were dreamy. The tub drained a bit slowly, but posed no real problem. The door needs some foamstrip around the inside jamb, as it let some light and hall noise in during the night. I would be concerned if there were ever a fire emergency, it would not entirely block out smoke/fumes. For the price of the room, I would have also liked to use the cable guide on the TV; the channel listing is provided in the room, but pushing the guide button on the remote to list the shows did nothing. The elevators are slower, but no big deal. It is within easy walking distance to Foggy Bottom metro stop; there are several eating choices close - we liked the Whole Foods. There is a CVS next door on the E Steet side. Convenient! GWU has a great vibe, and it made for a fun atmosphere; their hospital for medical care is very close. We had a nice stay and would book here again.
8 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Nice hotel in good location."
The personnel were very nice and friendly, but were not as knowledgeable about the D.C. area as they should have been. The handicapped room was very nice, but entering and leaving the building from the first floor on a handicapped scooter could not be done through the front of the hotel. If it is a huge, glamorous hotel you are looking for, this is not the place; but, if you are looking for convenience with a local touch and a more personal experience, the State Plaza is the way to go. Having a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, a microwave, and a stove was the greatest. The maids even washed the dishes left in the sink. Having a CVS and liquor store right next door is the icing on the cake not to mention that many of the D.C. attractions are within walking distance, including the White House.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"location is wonderful"
no need for a car staying here. If you enjoy walks to the sights you can do it easily. If you prefer to limit walking then buy a weeklong unlimited pass on the Metro train and go where you want. Incredibly easy metro train systems that are very fast and easy connects from one line to another. Wasted little time and saw it all. Great trip!
Other trip May 3, 2015
"NASTY & STIFLING STENCH from neighbors bathroom!!!"
great location and lots of space in this 'apartment style' hotel room. HOWEVER... there was the MOOOOST NASTY and STIFLING STENCH coming into my bathroom thru a neighboring unit. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! Other than that it is a very modest, plain space. Decent location and within a 7-10 minute walk to multiple restaurants by George Washington University.Pillows were hard. Out dated units.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Rachel
"Nice but expensive hotel."
Nice hotel, but very expensive. Odd that DC hotels now rival New York City hotels for cost.
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Close to everything."
Everything except the shower was great. Close to everything and not real expensive.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Good location, room and price"
This hotel is clean, well maintained, and we had a pleasant stay. Our room was large, two queen beds, great vanity area, a desk and had a nice kitchenette with full refrigerator, toaster, stove, plates, utensils, etc. .
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Monica
"just perfect"
the location couldn't be more perfect. you're in the middle of everything and can easily walk to everything. The hotel staff was amazing, friendly and ready to help!! The room was large and very clean. We truly enjoyed our stay.
Desi
"Good experience"
Excellent location if you want a quiet area. Close to foggy bottom train station. Rooms are neat with a clean finish.
jereny
Nice and the staff are very friendly & helpful. It is a bit of a walk to the Metro. But, safe enough to get there. I would recommend to travelers.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Excellent hotel in an excellent area. Great value"
This hotel is convenient to the Metro, has a great little restaurant and fantastic service.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Great location with very clean rooms"
This was within walking distance to all transportation and activities. Clean rooms with good views of the city.
kim
"Did not get what I paid for"
I paid for a standard KING suite, what I got was a queen sized bed. This is unacceptable for the price that was paid for this room.
1 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
Angela
"4 star accommodations in a suite for 3 star price."
I have stayed in the State Plaza for over 20 years. The first time because I was a poor newlywed, the more recent times because they offer value. I stay in either the deluxe suite or plaza deluxe suite. They used to be a little worn, but with the in progress renovations, they are beautiful. They have a kitchen and are near to a CVS and small grocery, so we can have breakfast in our room daily. Ample free parking at night once the University people leave. Next door to the Department of State, within GW University, and two blocks from the Lincoln Memorial. All this for a 3 star hotel price of under $200/night,
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
May
"Good, basic one night stay."
Good for the price in DC.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great stay!!"
In a word, it was awesome. Just have to get used to the ambulances to and from GW university Hospital. Whole Foods just blocks away and the Mall just blocks away :-)
4 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Theresa
"Convenient location"
Covenien location, nice staff. Room temperature is hard to control, and shower water turns to cold every few minute...
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"DC at Cherry Blossom time"
Excellent hotel; really nice staff; convenient neighborhood
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Judith
"Good stay."
I enjoyed staying at the State Plaza Hotel. * Good location: close to metro, restaurants, the National Mall. * Good facilities: clean, affordable, and well-lit rooms that have all your basic needs.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Convenient location for GW University"
Very pleasant and helpful staff. In building parking (albeit $34/day). Nice size rooms, sunny. Good size kitchen in junior suite was a plus. Rooms and furniture need update. Bathroom sinks etc are from the 50's. Could have used a chair and a table in the bedroom (although the living room was well appointed). Had breakfast at the in house restaurant - quite adequate.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
ken
This is was our 3rd time staying here and we will return.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Room was very spacious and comfortable."
Food in restaurant was excellent. Room was spacious. Close to mall but a walk from metro. Loved having a kitchen and whole foods nearby. Great having cvs next door.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Easter in DC"
We enjoyed our stay because of the super friendly and helpful staff, the nice on-site restaurant, and the comfortable beds with quality linens. However, our room was very hot and sticky the entire stay. The hotel air-conditioning had not been turned on for the season and we could not control the temperature in our room. The windows could only be cracked a few inches, and even though the staff sent up a fan, we were pretty miserable. If you like a nice cool room like we do, I would be very careful about what time of year you visit this hotel. It's a shame because they are doing a lot of things right, but if the guests uncomfortable, all their efforts are in vain.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
mary
I have stayed here before and they have renovated since!! It is fabulous!! DC is wonderful!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"GREAT HOTEL"
This is very old hotel. For example the tile in the bathrooms is the same that was in my grandmothers home.(I'm 60) But CLEAN and well kept is an understatement. Towels like at the Ritz, sheeting wonderful, the bed a little hard but quality. . Each room comes with a small but furnished kitchen. Stove, full sized frig, coffee maker and if you ask they will bring you a micro wave. I found the water to be very distasteful. Might be why they bring 2 bottles of water at bedtime and there is a bag of ice in each room. Or....Might have just been me?? The room is much bigger than an average hotel, with the kitchen and the dressing area outside the bathroom there is plenty of room for a family Every thing was as presented on line if not better.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Marty
"dc hotel"
Older hotel. beds were uncomfortable and old. Sank to middle of bed. clean. good location.
4 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Thumbs up!"
We were surprised and pleased with our suite- small kitchen and dining table, large living room and large bedroom, great bed and well furnished- all two (large) blocks from the Mall. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We will return to the State Plaza.
4 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
The Hotel was clean,comfortable and close to the Metro....The staff nice and professional thanks for everything see you next time.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Karlos
"I will definitely stay here again."
Pleasantly surprised. The location is great. Just a few blocks from the metro and, in the opposite direction very close to the mall although it's at the Lincoln Monument end and the Capital is quite the walk. I was given a deluxe suite with a kitchen and it was huge. Everything was very clean and seemed recently updated. I stayed in the north tower so I can't speak to the south tower. My only negative was that the breakfast was rather expensive. $3 for coffee. Really? And the staff was very polite and friendly.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2015
"Pleasantly pleased"
We were pleasantly surprised by the size and layout of our suite. Location was very convenient to everything we wanted to see. Restaurant was not great but fine for a breakfast or a snack. The staff was very accommodating, especially when calling cabs.
4 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Nice Place"
My friends I stayed the Saturday of Easter weekend to enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival and sunrise service at the Lincoln Memorial. We arrived early, and were given a tip to park on F street because we were only there for a night avoiding the parking fee. The hotel was located perfectly for our activities.
1 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the National Mall."
We went to D.C. for the cherry blossoms, didn't see many (too early), but enjoyed seeing all the attractions. The hotel was nice; large room with plenty of seating, a kitchen complete with dishes, etc. and even a bag of ice in the freezer. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Judy
"Great hotel. Kitchen. Best grilled salmon RoomServ"
Great stay. Nice to have a kitchen. Was missing a microwave but had full size fridge. The room service was great and I had the best grilled salmon with asparagus (grilled) and potatoes I have ever had. Will go back just for that meal. (also very conveniently located)
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Gregg
"I was looking for a cheap stay"
I was looking for a cheap stay and I got what I ask for. Noisy, air-condition does not work, away from everything (CVS and a liquor store is next door)
ted
Close to airport and monuments. Staff was very helpful and professional
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great accommodations close to the National Mall"
Really lovely suite with the little extras that made a difference. Good location close to site seeing but not too touristy.
Emily
"Nice hotel to national memorial"
It's a very nice hotel with suites room, which is very convenient for the family to stay. The location is very convenient too. Very close to all the locations you may want to visit in DC.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Very good location and has everything"
The location is superb, walk to White house/lincoln/washington memorial. Convenient store just down stairs. The room comes with a full stove/refrigerator. So, we can do shopping and simple cooking by ourselves. We have grandma and young kid, it is very convenient. The style is a little old but the room is clean. The staff are very friendly. If it can supply an microwave, it will be even better
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great location, close to all attractions"
The location of the hotel is great, really close to main attractions, the room was very spacious, full equipped kitchen witch was amazing to have, quite and safe.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Adri
"Bad Customer service"
Very nice, clean the room but rough, not very nice people working in the front desk, i got washington before the check in, was cold and it was not very nice to go inside to the lobby, almost a man got out of there, no say that but he meant that when i asked to stay in the lobby
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
The location was great. Ease of check-in and check-out was fantastic. Service was excellent.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
It was ok. The restaurant was very good, although you had to walk out through the garage to get to it and it was cold. Carpet in the room was stained and not the cleanest it could be.
"Close to Kennedy Center"
Only part of hotel has been renovated. The other part is circa 1950s. Hotel was clean, but hotel staff was a mess. Booked a taxi with morning shift -- afternoon shift had no clue and I had to wait 10 minutes for them to find a taxi (which could have resulted in missed flight). Worst issue was that afternoon desk shift did not take responsibility or apologize or make amends -- just said they knew nothing about it and moved on to their next guest. Upon check in, I asked the afternoon shift to leave the extra key for my guest, who was arriving late. When I checked on it with the night shift, no key, no idea, no responsibility.
Yvon
"Internet up and down"
My only complaint is the erratic Internet. I had planned several Skype conferences and could not get Internet in my room. I had to use the small business centre, which of course was not private. This is the second time that I stayed at a State Plaza and had the same problem with Internet last year. Otherwise enjoyed the SP and found the staff very helpful and great location.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Cherry Blossom"
The hotel was old. It makes a lot of noise when you flush the toilet and close the door. The parking was expensive. I thought the parking was included. It was paid in full but I saw that my card was charged another $60.00.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Gina A
"I always stay there when I Need to stay in DC"
Renovations excellent. Staff very nice. Spacious rooms. Recommend for GW parents or tourists who want easy access to monuments & Georgetown & GW. Many rooms have kitchens. Restaurant surprisingly good. Large portions. Well prepared.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Marcua
The hotel location is ideal for a visit to downtown DC and the mall area with a Metro station closeby and several memorials within walking distance of the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"great location"
Nice hotel, great location, it would be awesome if they renew the bathrooms.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015