All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2117 E St NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Super"
Outstanding in terms of comfort, cleanliness, service and location. And the price is amazing. The rooms in the back tower are quieter and are newly renovated.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Close to George Washington University"
Spent the weekend visiting my daughter at school and stayed at the State Plaza. The employees could not have been nicer and my room was great, bed was comfortable and room was very clean. The bathroom needs updating but was clean. I would stay again!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Jill
"Close to everything downtown"
Great price for being within walking distance to most of the popular tourist attractions and the Metro stations for when you want to do something further away. Staff was nice, gave us a free upgrade just because, and even brought us bottled waters later that night; something we forgot to pack! We were worried because the outside and neighborhood is a little run down, but the inside was very cozy and clean.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Nan
"A gem!"
What a wonderful surprise. The rooms are spacious and delightful with a separate dressing room and kitchen. We had breakfast for 3 seated by the window and were very comfortable. Even better, the room was immaculate and the staff warm, helpful, and fun. I felt as though I were coming home to a friendly and familiar environment. Ask for the back tower (not the one fronting on 21st street). It is considerably quieter and has just been renovated.
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
From the time we checked in until we left the hotel was great. The staff was so friendly and helpful on any questions or needs that we had. The hotel upgraded our room because of our length of stay. The room was amazing, it was exactly what we were looking for in room. We wanted a historical feel and that is exactly what we got. The hotel is in a great location, we were able to walk to everything that we wanted to see. The only negative that we have is that it is not disclosed that it is $35.00 a night parking. We were shocked to learn this when we got there. We are from the west were parking is not a issue so we weren't aware that in DC hotel parking fees are customary. The hotel staff was gracious enough to give us suggestions on how to cut the parking costs.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Our visit to DC in January, 2015"
We were in Washington, D.C. to see the sights and visit our son, a student at GW. The location was perfect for both. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful. The kitchenette meant that we did not have to eat out for every meal and could make our own coffee, tea and breakfast each morning. The hotel is older, but that is part of its charm. We will definitely stay here again.
7 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
Margaret
"Nice location"
The hotel turned out to be in close proximity to my company's meeting location. There are restaurants and a supermarket in the vicinity.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Dee
"my stay at the State Plaza Hotel"
There was a kitchen!! Pots and pans etc. The staff was great. They gave me the proper hints about the area. Breakfast at the Red Cross was a hit!
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Nicholas
"Comfortable stay in cold weather."
Everything was excellent. Arrangement of hotel parts a bit unusual, but no problem. Liked the walking closeness to the State Department.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Douglas
"State Plaza Washington, DC"
Great location, but try to get a room not overlooking a major street.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
I stayed only one night and for business. The hotel was very conveniently located for my meeting with the State Department. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The building is older and the rooms are a bit dated, but very clean and comfortable. I would stay there again when in town.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Christine
"Comfortable good Value"
We were greeted and helped throughout the weekend by friendly staff. I like that there is a kitchenette and a bathtub. When a light bulb burned out, someone came to fix it immediately. The only 2 negatives for me were: 1)the pillows are so stuffed they weren't very comfortable; 2) there wasn't a tea kettle, so I had to boil water in a big pot, but that was a small inconvenience. I recommend the State Plaza happily.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Irna
"DC Gem"
Great location and great price! Will stay here again!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Jaye
"very nice"
very nice. the stay was nice. Thanks thanks. thanks thanks thanks
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
State Plaza was in a great location, we were to walk everywhere and enjoy our visit to DC!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
My stay at the State Plaza Hotel was pleasant. The staff were very friendly and kind. However, the room was dark and the decor felt a little depressing and lacking. However, the restroom was lovely--very spacious.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Very nice clean room. The staff was very courteous and helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
enrique
"Good location and Staff"
An absolutely cute and refurbished hotel. Price was excellent. Ovation was excellent. Staff was very eager to make our stay the best. Thanks for a fantastic experience.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Clean comfortable hotel with a great style and stuff , its location is perfect in the down town near everything , bus stop is in front of the hotel I would recommend this hotel and I would go there again
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"nice hotel close to downtown, very big room"
Clean room and bath, close to white house, you can walk, vallet parking
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Yulia
"Was close to the State Department"
I enjoy my stay. The room was comfortable... and big... It was perfect and met my need for the few days I was there.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Room comfortable, very clean hotel good cost benefit I had a very good stayed in this hotel I hope to back soon
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Marcelo
"Great location."
Very convenient to GWU. Five minute walk to the National Mall or Foggy Bottom Metro.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great location for sightseeing."
Garden Restaurant next door was very pleasant. Metro 5 blocks away. CVS and liquor store next door; Whole Foods near Metro.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Awful pillows, very stuffy from the heater, no mini bar or room service
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
holly
"Old town charm"
Wonderful suites in an excellent location. Old town friendliness.
4 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Anthony
"Beware!"
Stay away. Worst service of any hotel I have ever booked. Customer service is non-existent. Rooms are old, dingy and foul smelling. Never again.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
The picture did not do the room justice...room was better than pics! Great location can walk to lthe mall, White House, etc. Great restaurants. Ask to make sure you are staying in the newly renovated section, had a small kitchenette which was great for getting the day started and not wasting time in a restaurant...have to ask for it as some rooms don't have them. Nice little dressing roomm separate from bathroom. Was around $20 cab ride from Regan. Will definitely stay there again. Very clean too.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"On GWU's campus"
I've stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past due to its proximity to George Washington University. They've obviously made improvements to the hallways and rooms. This is a welcome change. Unfortunately, the only way to cool down the room was to turn OFF the heat and open the window. The thermostat on the wall was useless as I turned it all the way down when I arrived and the room only cooled down when I opened the window.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Natalie
"WashingtonDC Trip"
wonderfull
4 night trip Dec 3, 2014
Allan
Fantastic study with great service. Close to the metro stop which is convenient for travel, etc.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Best two star hotel for five star hotel regular"
I first stayed at the State Plaza 24 years ago with my wife when we had limited funds. Re-discovered it when my son moved to Washington. My children are used to 5 star hotels, so I was a little concerned about its 2 star rating. Granted the furniture is old and the curtains are worn. BUT, the King Suite and the Plaza Suites are huge with a full kitchen (sans oven). Suites cost as much as a small room in a 3 star hotel. The location in Foggy Bottom is excellent: next door to State Department and George Washington University. Plenty of FREE street parking. The kitchen allows one to buy breakfast stuff at the near by market or next door CVS. If you want to impress some one, the State Plaza is NOT your hotel. If you are staying in Washington for a long time, moving to Washington to look for an apartment, or have a family with kids, the State Plaza is PERFECT. Lots of space at a low price. We have stayed there now 2 times for a total of 4 weeks. Would stay there again, anytime.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
May
Great location. Great staff. Trash trucks were noisy. Older but really clean.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Perfect Location with Charm"
I just completed my second stay at the State Plaza hotel and was once again very pleased. The location on Foggy Bottom at The George Washington University is absolutely perfect for visiting the University, all the memorials and Georgetown. The Staff is some of the best I have had at a hotel both extremely pleasant and excellent service. The bathrooms and Kitchen need to upgrades, but add to the charm of the hotel
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Thanksgiving Trip 2014"
It was wonderful! I loved the suite! It was very comfortable and clean and I would love to stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Cheri
"Convenient to GWU"
The hotel was comfortable and affordable. The layout is a little confusing, but the breakfast was well prepared. The shower was great!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Ideally located to the business center"
i did enjoy my brief stay at the State Plaza Hotel. Ideally located to the business center In downtown Washington DC. Great Customer Service
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Biz Traveller
"Beautiful big rooms"
Room is beautiful and spacious with kitchen. Great location too! Plus the staff was kind and allowed me to check-in by 1PM even if terms say check-in is at 3PM. Highly recommended!:)
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Excellent choice for our DC long weekend!"
Hotel is in an excellent location, about a $25 cad ride from Reagan. Short walk down Virginia and you're at Washington monument. 4 blocks away was the Foggy bottom metro stop. Every night on our walk back to the hotel you pass right in front of the White House. Kitchen in room meant we could bring back our left overs and the 24 hour CVS next door has all the essentials.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
H
"Nearly perfect stay!"
A great experience. Comfortable bed. Polite staff. Nice towels and linens. Large room. No bugs unlike other DC hotels where guest complained of large cockroaches in their review. Restaurant.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Bad experience"
Night manager informed me there was free breakfast. Totally untrue-- you need a voucher from the front desk for it. My $190 per night suite did not include a voucher. Internet is not free either. Staff was borderline rude in the morning when I wanted to check out and they refused to give a printout of my bill and charges. The morning desk staff woman I spoke tore fused to give her name as well. My suite room at Plaza looked like something straight out of 1960 or my grandpa's spare bed room, only at least at his house the bathtub drains and there is good food available. The suite tub did not drain well so showering was an adventure. I checked out after one night and went to Embassy Suites which was MUCH better for only $20 more per night for a similar sized suite. Embassy included free internet, free breakfast, and a free happy hour as well. After I moved from this Plaza to Embassy Suites, the Plaza staff still charged my credit card for the other 2 days so I had to phone my bank to contact them and get the charges refunded. I would never stay here again.
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
The accommodations were great. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful since we were from out of town. I would stay there again if I return to Washington DC.
"Convenient pleasant rooms, with variable prices."
The room I was given this time did not have a kitchenette It had no micro-wave or cooking facilities. When I had stayed there before, I had paid less and received better equipped rooms, with kitchenettes and cooking facilities. The cost of the room was higher this time, though fewer facilities were provided.
"Classic DC Trip Hotel"
The best part is the location, next the cleanness of the hotel and room, nice and confortable room, all needs attended.
Ricardo
We booked it because it is close to the National Mall, but then we realized it's not that important... It is close (10-15 min walk) from the east end of the Mall, but it's kinda far from the west end, especially after you spend the entire day walking/standing (walk around the Mall or in the museums). So if you value locatoin the most, you should pick a hotel that's on top of the metro, instead of considering how close it is to the Mall.
D00Z
For my purposes, the hotel was at a very convenient location which enable me to walk where I needed to go and avoid the extra cost of using taxi or the subway. The staff was friendly and assisted me in having a taxi ready to take me back to the airport. That is about the end of good things I have to say. The pictures on the website truly oversold the place. One of those cases where the pictures looked much better then the real thing. The room looked very dated. The bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and the pillow was like putting my head on a boulder. It got to the point where I seriously considered sleeping on the couch but then I saw that the couch was just as uncomfortable. Even if I was able to sleep on the couch, my room was next to an exterior exit door and the hallway was very noisy throughout the night. It was bad enough dealing with the time difference when I was only there two days, but throw on top of that the extremely uncomfortable sleeping conditions, it made for a tiring stay in D.C.
"Spacious comfort."
Kitchenette, dressing room and 2queen beds. Spotlessly clean.
"Location"
Close to GWU and some nice eateries, but best of all a 4 minute walk to the Vietnam War Memorial, the beginning of our day of walking the mall. The hotel suite we had (with kitchen) was a little dated, but very comfortable.
"great choice!"
I enjoyed the peace and quiet. The friendly atmosphere and the convenience of being near everything. Thanks
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
robert
"will"
We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel was well maintained and the service was excellent. The location was ideal, with in walking distance to many of the tourist things that we wanted to. The restaurant was small with a limited menu, but, everything we had was excellent. This place is gem just off the beaten path.
3 night romance trip Sep 2, 2014