All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2117 E St NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room comfortable, very clean hotel good cost benefit I had a very good stayed in this hotel I hope to back soon
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Marcelo
"Great location."
Very convenient to GWU. Five minute walk to the National Mall or Foggy Bottom Metro.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great location for sightseeing."
Garden Restaurant next door was very pleasant. Metro 5 blocks away. CVS and liquor store next door; Whole Foods near Metro.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Awful pillows, very stuffy from the heater, no mini bar or room service
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
holly
"Old town charm"
Wonderful suites in an excellent location. Old town friendliness.
4 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Anthony
"Beware!"
Stay away. Worst service of any hotel I have ever booked. Customer service is non-existent. Rooms are old, dingy and foul smelling. Never again.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
The picture did not do the room justice...room was better than pics! Great location can walk to lthe mall, White House, etc. Great restaurants. Ask to make sure you are staying in the newly renovated section, had a small kitchenette which was great for getting the day started and not wasting time in a restaurant...have to ask for it as some rooms don't have them. Nice little dressing roomm separate from bathroom. Was around $20 cab ride from Regan. Will definitely stay there again. Very clean too.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"On GWU's campus"
I've stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past due to its proximity to George Washington University. They've obviously made improvements to the hallways and rooms. This is a welcome change. Unfortunately, the only way to cool down the room was to turn OFF the heat and open the window. The thermostat on the wall was useless as I turned it all the way down when I arrived and the room only cooled down when I opened the window.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Natalie
"WashingtonDC Trip"
wonderfull
4 night trip Dec 3, 2014
Allan
Fantastic study with great service. Close to the metro stop which is convenient for travel, etc.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Best two star hotel for five star hotel regular"
I first stayed at the State Plaza 24 years ago with my wife when we had limited funds. Re-discovered it when my son moved to Washington. My children are used to 5 star hotels, so I was a little concerned about its 2 star rating. Granted the furniture is old and the curtains are worn. BUT, the King Suite and the Plaza Suites are huge with a full kitchen (sans oven). Suites cost as much as a small room in a 3 star hotel. The location in Foggy Bottom is excellent: next door to State Department and George Washington University. Plenty of FREE street parking. The kitchen allows one to buy breakfast stuff at the near by market or next door CVS. If you want to impress some one, the State Plaza is NOT your hotel. If you are staying in Washington for a long time, moving to Washington to look for an apartment, or have a family with kids, the State Plaza is PERFECT. Lots of space at a low price. We have stayed there now 2 times for a total of 4 weeks. Would stay there again, anytime.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
May
Great location. Great staff. Trash trucks were noisy. Older but really clean.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Perfect Location with Charm"
I just completed my second stay at the State Plaza hotel and was once again very pleased. The location on Foggy Bottom at The George Washington University is absolutely perfect for visiting the University, all the memorials and Georgetown. The Staff is some of the best I have had at a hotel both extremely pleasant and excellent service. The bathrooms and Kitchen need to upgrades, but add to the charm of the hotel
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Thanksgiving Trip 2014"
It was wonderful! I loved the suite! It was very comfortable and clean and I would love to stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Cheri
"Convenient to GWU"
The hotel was comfortable and affordable. The layout is a little confusing, but the breakfast was well prepared. The shower was great!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Ideally located to the business center"
i did enjoy my brief stay at the State Plaza Hotel. Ideally located to the business center In downtown Washington DC. Great Customer Service
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Biz Traveller
"Beautiful big rooms"
Room is beautiful and spacious with kitchen. Great location too! Plus the staff was kind and allowed me to check-in by 1PM even if terms say check-in is at 3PM. Highly recommended!:)
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Excellent choice for our DC long weekend!"
Hotel is in an excellent location, about a $25 cad ride from Reagan. Short walk down Virginia and you're at Washington monument. 4 blocks away was the Foggy bottom metro stop. Every night on our walk back to the hotel you pass right in front of the White House. Kitchen in room meant we could bring back our left overs and the 24 hour CVS next door has all the essentials.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
H
"Nearly perfect stay!"
A great experience. Comfortable bed. Polite staff. Nice towels and linens. Large room. No bugs unlike other DC hotels where guest complained of large cockroaches in their review. Restaurant.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Bad experience"
Night manager informed me there was free breakfast. Totally untrue-- you need a voucher from the front desk for it. My $190 per night suite did not include a voucher. Internet is not free either. Staff was borderline rude in the morning when I wanted to check out and they refused to give a printout of my bill and charges. The morning desk staff woman I spoke tore fused to give her name as well. My suite room at Plaza looked like something straight out of 1960 or my grandpa's spare bed room, only at least at his house the bathtub drains and there is good food available. The suite tub did not drain well so showering was an adventure. I checked out after one night and went to Embassy Suites which was MUCH better for only $20 more per night for a similar sized suite. Embassy included free internet, free breakfast, and a free happy hour as well. After I moved from this Plaza to Embassy Suites, the Plaza staff still charged my credit card for the other 2 days so I had to phone my bank to contact them and get the charges refunded. I would never stay here again.
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
The accommodations were great. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful since we were from out of town. I would stay there again if I return to Washington DC.
"Convenient pleasant rooms, with variable prices."
The room I was given this time did not have a kitchenette It had no micro-wave or cooking facilities. When I had stayed there before, I had paid less and received better equipped rooms, with kitchenettes and cooking facilities. The cost of the room was higher this time, though fewer facilities were provided.
"Classic DC Trip Hotel"
The best part is the location, next the cleanness of the hotel and room, nice and confortable room, all needs attended.
Ricardo
We booked it because it is close to the National Mall, but then we realized it's not that important... It is close (10-15 min walk) from the east end of the Mall, but it's kinda far from the west end, especially after you spend the entire day walking/standing (walk around the Mall or in the museums). So if you value locatoin the most, you should pick a hotel that's on top of the metro, instead of considering how close it is to the Mall.
D00Z
For my purposes, the hotel was at a very convenient location which enable me to walk where I needed to go and avoid the extra cost of using taxi or the subway. The staff was friendly and assisted me in having a taxi ready to take me back to the airport. That is about the end of good things I have to say. The pictures on the website truly oversold the place. One of those cases where the pictures looked much better then the real thing. The room looked very dated. The bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and the pillow was like putting my head on a boulder. It got to the point where I seriously considered sleeping on the couch but then I saw that the couch was just as uncomfortable. Even if I was able to sleep on the couch, my room was next to an exterior exit door and the hallway was very noisy throughout the night. It was bad enough dealing with the time difference when I was only there two days, but throw on top of that the extremely uncomfortable sleeping conditions, it made for a tiring stay in D.C.
"Spacious comfort."
Kitchenette, dressing room and 2queen beds. Spotlessly clean.
"Location"
Close to GWU and some nice eateries, but best of all a 4 minute walk to the Vietnam War Memorial, the beginning of our day of walking the mall. The hotel suite we had (with kitchen) was a little dated, but very comfortable.
"great choice!"
I enjoyed the peace and quiet. The friendly atmosphere and the convenience of being near everything. Thanks
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
robert
"will"
We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel was well maintained and the service was excellent. The location was ideal, with in walking distance to many of the tourist things that we wanted to. The restaurant was small with a limited menu, but, everything we had was excellent. This place is gem just off the beaten path.
3 night romance trip Sep 2, 2014
Wilfred
The hotel room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and there was a kitchen in the room. The hotel is in walking distance to the Capital and all other tourist sites in DC as well as to the Foggy Bottom metro station.
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Hotel at GWU"
Went for the weekend to visit daughter at GWU and it's a nice space, on campus, with a kitchenette. No complaints, no surprises. Front desk/lobby staffing a bit thin. More help w/luggage would be nice as there's a landing with a few steps to get to the elevators. Overall a nice experience.
4 night trip Nov 6, 2014
"Great hotel & location"
My wife and I went the weekend in DC. This hotel is fairly nice and located within walking distance of all the attractions we went to see. Clean and nice, bur nothing to fancy.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"State Plaza"
I have stayed here a number of times, partly because it is a moderately priced hotel that is close to the Kennedy Center
1 night trip Nov 1, 2014
Christine
"Very Good Hotel"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very nice - clean, lots of space. Problem with hot water in the morning (it was barely lukewarm). Could have left more coffee for the machine - 3 of us and only one regular coffee packet.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
ken
"Would stay here again"
Excellent location. Very professional staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Margaret
"Need to clean and update"
On a positive note, the bed was comfortable, and all of the employees were friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The location was good for what we had planned. About our stay - The room was hot (the air conditioning had been turned off, we later learned). We had to open the windows and hear the noises of the city. There was a layer of dust behind the beds that must have been there for at least 6 months, and there was an odor in the room that probably came from the cleaning products used. The Wi-Fi would not work in the room, or anywhere else in the hotel. In order to get to the restaurant, business center, and fitness center, we had to walk outside through the garage and SMOKING area. The in-room safe did not work properly. This is an older hotel that needs some updating and cleaning.
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
"Central to the mall, reasonable priced, convenient"
Quick 3 night stay. Hotel easy to get taxi's, staff very friendly. A little distant to metro station, 24 hr cvs next door to get basics easily.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Mickey
Staff was great-very helpful and courteous. Close to the Mall, White House etc. Facility is outdated but clean. Loved the bed! Not too many places to eat in the area.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Nice apartment for business trip"
week long business trip. room was like a small apartment. very comfortable. full kitchen so I could make my own breakfasts. walking distance to Foggy Bottom Metro, Whole Foods, offices in the Foggy Bottom to White House to Dupont Circle area. A little off the beaten track so was pretty quiet (except the refrigerator).
5 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"No air conditioning!"
The hotel was pretty nice. A bit older, but it was updated. The problem I had was that there was no air conditioning. It got way too stuffy in the hotel at night that ultimately we had to switch. I should have researched more, but I made the mistake of assuming all hotels have air conditioning.
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Bridget
"Great Foggy bottom location"
Hotel is close to Lincoln Memorial and the Metro. This is a charming older hotel that has been updated. Front desk staff was wonderful. Room was comfortable, but needs a better desk and chair for people who need to work. There was a pump or other device that kept cycling every few seconds and was a bit annoying. Not sure if it was in the hotel or the building next door. We stayed there 4 nights. Our only complaint was the abysmal service in the restaurant. We DO NOT recommend dining there. We sent there one night for dinner. After waiting at the front desk for 5 minutes and being completely ignored by the wait staff, we decided to leave. We tried breakfast there a couple of days later. After we waited a few minutes, the waitress, who had an attitude, told us to sit wherever we wanted. We picked a table and sat--and sat--and sat. We waited 20 minutes and were completely ignored by the wait staff, including the hotel's shift manager. We weren't even offered menus, wager, or coffee. We tried getting the waitress's attention without success. Only after we got up to leave did the waitress even acknowledge our presence. It was so completely out of character for the rest of our experience, that we were shocked. However, we feel that other travelers need to be warned. There are a lot of great places in the area to eat and have phenomenal service. Stay at the hotel, but dine elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great Area in D.C."
Very clean and comfortable rooms; the attached kitchen was wonderful for feeding the kids before a day of exploring. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. We spent 3 nights and were very pleased with the hotel. Nice people, nice place. We had two adults and a 12 and 5 year old. There is so much to do in Washington D. C., there is no need for a swimming pool!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Ruby
Stay was very short but great. Staff were very helpful and when I asked for a cot they upgraded my son and I to a beautiful suite!
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"DCBS"
PAYED 4 PAYED 40.00 TO PARK MY CAR WHERE I WAS STAYING. PAYED 5.00 FOR A SMALL BUCKET OF ICE PAYED 5.00 TO GET MY CAR BACK. PAYED 8.00 TO PARK MY CAR ON THE STREET 3 HOURS HAPPY TO LEAVE D. C. 0.00 DOLLARS TO PARK MY CAR 1 NIGHT
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Downtown destination"
Hotel was within comfortable walking distance of all the places we were interested in visiting. The kitchen was really great for us to have our own breakfast and most dinners. We stopped and bought some groceries before arriving. We stayed for 5 days and would go back to this hotel on another visit
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice Hotel in Good Location"
The room was nice and the staff were very nice. The hotel is in a safe location and is close to the monuments and 3 or so blocks from the Foggy Bottom train station so you can take a bus from Dulles to the Silver Line train and walk to this hotel from Foggy Bottom.
4 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Fred
Outstanding location in Washington, DC. Two short blocks to National Mall! In the heart of the GWU campus. The room exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Cathy
Very nice hotel, good service and attentive staff. Locatio is perfect for all things in DC around the Capitol.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
This hotel was great! Walking distance to metro, White House, Lincoln Memorial, etc. would definitely stay again.
4 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2014
"DC trip"
It was an overnight business stay, and I was looking for a decent accommodation that is close to my destination within a reasonable price range. The room size was an unexpected surprise. Although a little outdated, the hotel itself and the room were impeccably clean and comfortable. Great location - 10-minute walk to Pennsylvania Avenue, the White House, 1 mile away from the Lincoln Memorial.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014