All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2117 E St NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Place"
My friends I stayed the Saturday of Easter weekend to enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival and sunrise service at the Lincoln Memorial. We arrived early, and were given a tip to park on F street because we were only there for a night avoiding the parking fee. The hotel was located perfectly for our activities.
1 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the National Mall."
We went to D.C. for the cherry blossoms, didn't see many (too early), but enjoyed seeing all the attractions. The hotel was nice; large room with plenty of seating, a kitchen complete with dishes, etc. and even a bag of ice in the freezer. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Judy
"Great hotel. Kitchen. Best grilled salmon RoomServ"
Great stay. Nice to have a kitchen. Was missing a microwave but had full size fridge. The room service was great and I had the best grilled salmon with asparagus (grilled) and potatoes I have ever had. Will go back just for that meal. (also very conveniently located)
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
Gregg
"I was looking for a cheap stay"
I was looking for a cheap stay and I got what I ask for. Noisy, air-condition does not work, away from everything (CVS and a liquor store is next door)
ted
Close to airport and monuments. Staff was very helpful and professional
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great accommodations close to the National Mall"
Really lovely suite with the little extras that made a difference. Good location close to site seeing but not too touristy.
Emily
"Nice hotel to national memorial"
It's a very nice hotel with suites room, which is very convenient for the family to stay. The location is very convenient too. Very close to all the locations you may want to visit in DC.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Very good location and has everything"
The location is superb, walk to White house/lincoln/washington memorial. Convenient store just down stairs. The room comes with a full stove/refrigerator. So, we can do shopping and simple cooking by ourselves. We have grandma and young kid, it is very convenient. The style is a little old but the room is clean. The staff are very friendly. If it can supply an microwave, it will be even better
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great location, close to all attractions"
The location of the hotel is great, really close to main attractions, the room was very spacious, full equipped kitchen witch was amazing to have, quite and safe.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Adri
"Bad Customer service"
Very nice, clean the room but rough, not very nice people working in the front desk, i got washington before the check in, was cold and it was not very nice to go inside to the lobby, almost a man got out of there, no say that but he meant that when i asked to stay in the lobby
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
The location was great. Ease of check-in and check-out was fantastic. Service was excellent.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
It was ok. The restaurant was very good, although you had to walk out through the garage to get to it and it was cold. Carpet in the room was stained and not the cleanest it could be.
"Close to Kennedy Center"
Only part of hotel has been renovated. The other part is circa 1950s. Hotel was clean, but hotel staff was a mess. Booked a taxi with morning shift -- afternoon shift had no clue and I had to wait 10 minutes for them to find a taxi (which could have resulted in missed flight). Worst issue was that afternoon desk shift did not take responsibility or apologize or make amends -- just said they knew nothing about it and moved on to their next guest. Upon check in, I asked the afternoon shift to leave the extra key for my guest, who was arriving late. When I checked on it with the night shift, no key, no idea, no responsibility.
Yvon
"Internet up and down"
My only complaint is the erratic Internet. I had planned several Skype conferences and could not get Internet in my room. I had to use the small business centre, which of course was not private. This is the second time that I stayed at a State Plaza and had the same problem with Internet last year. Otherwise enjoyed the SP and found the staff very helpful and great location.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Cherry Blossom"
The hotel was old. It makes a lot of noise when you flush the toilet and close the door. The parking was expensive. I thought the parking was included. It was paid in full but I saw that my card was charged another $60.00.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Gina A
"I always stay there when I Need to stay in DC"
Renovations excellent. Staff very nice. Spacious rooms. Recommend for GW parents or tourists who want easy access to monuments & Georgetown & GW. Many rooms have kitchens. Restaurant surprisingly good. Large portions. Well prepared.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Marcua
The hotel location is ideal for a visit to downtown DC and the mall area with a Metro station closeby and several memorials within walking distance of the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"great location"
Nice hotel, great location, it would be awesome if they renew the bathrooms.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Arturo
It was great! The only issue I had was my suite was not available the first night of my stay even though it was booked in advance. The room was nice, but they did not adjust the price.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Jackie
"Lots of space. Dated interiors."
The hotel is dated, but incredibly spacious. A great place to stay, especially if you like to cook or have a more homey feel when you stay out of town.
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Brooke
"great close to everything!Need micro wave in room"
wonderful trip, great room! need a microwave in the room, the sheets were sweet!
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Nice hotel. Great DC location"
We have stayed here several times. It is a very convient location. Close to monuments, memorials and Metro. We always try to stay here when we go to DC.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Gale
"Best Deal in DC"
Fabulous hotel just off Route 29. Great for visitors from Virginia. Everything was perfect except the heat. Our room was hotter than I like and our A/C didn't work in early March. For the great price inside DC, you can always crack the window!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Karla
"Great location to GW, very clean but old building"
I stayed just one night, for meetings at the college close by so location was ideal. It is a very clean, nice hotel but a very, very old building. Perfect for an old building lover, but hard for one used to very modern amenities. Kitchen in the room, which would have been helpful for a longer stay. Service was excellent and a nice restaurant.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Most enjoyable stay."
We were very pleased overall and would definitely return. Only 2 criticisms are low shower pressure and uncomfortable walking route to the restaurant.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Roberta
I loved this hotel! Consider my husband and I regulars! We will definitely return!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"quick trip"
very brief but very accommodating. perfect location for my need. great dinner in the restaurant and a good night sleep. staff called for a cab at 5:00 am just as needed.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Ok"
Location was perfect, however everything else can be improved. A little effort from the staff could make it an excellent experience.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"State Plaza"
Lovely, clean, quaint, spacious, comfortable, and within walking distance of conference at Academy of Science. Great service.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Richmond Academy of Med
"Why spend more???!!!"
Wonderful hotel in great location. Spacious room (#414) had two full sized beds, kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishes and utensils. Even small dressing room just outside small bathroom. Spotless house keeping daily! Newspaper at your door in morning. Neighborhood feels very safe with CVS drug store, liquor store, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and Subway within one block! Who needs more?! Second time here and will return! I WAS TOLD REMODELING IS IN PROGRESS!
3 night trip Feb 23, 2015
"Downtown Washington DC Hotel"
Excellent in all aspects. Nice suite rooms and excellent staff. A restaurant serving good food at a very reasonable price.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"going again"
Absolutely loved it. Great price for location. Was surprised to see a kitchen in it. Very friendly staff across the board. My gf and I will definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Justin
"Close to attractions"
Good walking distance, close by attractions. Clean & comfortable.
carlos
"State Plaza hotel"
Awesome place to stay and the hotel was great!!!
2 night romance trip Feb 9, 2015
Greg
"DC Visit"
Needed a room last minute. State Plaza gave us a comfortable and convenient location easily reachable from Foggy Bottom Metro and near GWU. Would return again. Like having a working kitchen and not just a coffee maker.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Bob Beach
"Great location and helpful staff"
I had an excellent experience at this hotel. It was reasonably priced, in a great location (we were able to take the metro from Reagan National, and it was just blocks from the metro station, the GWU campus and the mall), the staff was helpful, and while dated, the room was extremely comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're planning a trip to DC.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
n
"Very good hotel, especially for the price"
All as expected but a bit better all around than I expected.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Luther
"Super"
Outstanding in terms of comfort, cleanliness, service and location. And the price is amazing. The rooms in the back tower are quieter and are newly renovated.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Close to George Washington University"
Spent the weekend visiting my daughter at school and stayed at the State Plaza. The employees could not have been nicer and my room was great, bed was comfortable and room was very clean. The bathroom needs updating but was clean. I would stay again!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Jill
"Close to everything downtown"
Great price for being within walking distance to most of the popular tourist attractions and the Metro stations for when you want to do something further away. Staff was nice, gave us a free upgrade just because, and even brought us bottled waters later that night; something we forgot to pack! We were worried because the outside and neighborhood is a little run down, but the inside was very cozy and clean.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Nan
"A gem!"
What a wonderful surprise. The rooms are spacious and delightful with a separate dressing room and kitchen. We had breakfast for 3 seated by the window and were very comfortable. Even better, the room was immaculate and the staff warm, helpful, and fun. I felt as though I were coming home to a friendly and familiar environment. Ask for the back tower (not the one fronting on 21st street). It is considerably quieter and has just been renovated.
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Wonderful hotel"
From the time we checked in until we left the hotel was great. The staff was so friendly and helpful on any questions or needs that we had. The hotel upgraded our room because of our length of stay. The room was amazing, it was exactly what we were looking for in room. We wanted a historical feel and that is exactly what we got. The hotel is in a great location, we were able to walk to everything that we wanted to see. The only negative that we have is that it is not disclosed that it is $35.00 a night parking. We were shocked to learn this when we got there. We are from the west were parking is not a issue so we weren't aware that in DC hotel parking fees are customary. The hotel staff was gracious enough to give us suggestions on how to cut the parking costs.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Our visit to DC in January, 2015"
We were in Washington, D.C. to see the sights and visit our son, a student at GW. The location was perfect for both. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful. The kitchenette meant that we did not have to eat out for every meal and could make our own coffee, tea and breakfast each morning. The hotel is older, but that is part of its charm. We will definitely stay here again.
7 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
Margaret
"Nice location"
The hotel turned out to be in close proximity to my company's meeting location. There are restaurants and a supermarket in the vicinity.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Dee
"my stay at the State Plaza Hotel"
There was a kitchen!! Pots and pans etc. The staff was great. They gave me the proper hints about the area. Breakfast at the Red Cross was a hit!
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Nicholas
"Comfortable stay in cold weather."
Everything was excellent. Arrangement of hotel parts a bit unusual, but no problem. Liked the walking closeness to the State Department.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Douglas
"State Plaza Washington, DC"
Great location, but try to get a room not overlooking a major street.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
I stayed only one night and for business. The hotel was very conveniently located for my meeting with the State Department. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The building is older and the rooms are a bit dated, but very clean and comfortable. I would stay there again when in town.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Christine
"Comfortable good Value"
We were greeted and helped throughout the weekend by friendly staff. I like that there is a kitchenette and a bathtub. When a light bulb burned out, someone came to fix it immediately. The only 2 negatives for me were: 1)the pillows are so stuffed they weren't very comfortable; 2) there wasn't a tea kettle, so I had to boil water in a big pot, but that was a small inconvenience. I recommend the State Plaza happily.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Irna
"DC Gem"
Great location and great price! Will stay here again!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015