All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2116 F Street NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Ordinary amenities
    Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Excellent loc. Nice staff. Horrible plumbing"
We plugged the toilet each time we went to the bathroom. We needed to request a microwave. The location is great, the room was clean, but timing of the staff was horrible. We would leave for 4 or 5 hours, come back and the room was not clean. The staff would always knock after we were back for 10 minutes. If it happened once, ok, but every day?
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"High point of my day"
I was greeted in a respectful and friendly manner by both the valet and the desk staff. They were courteous and did I say genuinely friendly? Genuinely friendly. The room was spacious and clean. definitely a bright point in a very dreary day. Only a 1/2 mile from my business appointment, the walk was easier after the desk clerk gave me the best route. I won't hesitate to stay here again the next time I am in DC.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
Sandra
"Excellent stay"
When we arrived at the hitel there was no parking. We were advised that it would be 34.00 to park over night. I wish that was communicated to us prior to our visit. The hotel was fantastic very clean and the room was very comfortable. The staff was fantastic. Everyone was very attentive to our needs. I would recomend this to my friends. Just a few short blocks from the mall. and sights. Excellent destanation
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
david
"Great hotel."
This hotel was very nice. It was close to the sites in D.C. We will definitely go there again. The staff was very kind and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Valet parking was required, at $40-per-night. At that rate, you can stay at various other D.C. hotels for a more affordable press and better experience. Room air conditioning was substandard.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Hotel nightmare"
Hotels.com told me it was a 4 star and we took their word. I will never do business with them again. The hotel was filthy, the carpets and the couch were the dirtiest thing I have ever seen. There were bugs in there any it smelled like mold. The tub had rust coming thru. I can go on and on but I thing this should be enough to help other people not have the same awful experience.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
The staff were wonderful and very welcoming, the room was lovely, the beds were super comfy and the food was awesome too. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
"Internship overtime"
it was good for my purposes, the dorms at GWU closed for summer interns before my internship was complete so I had to find housing in the same area. The cost of the dorms was pretty much the same as a full service hotel with a lot less hassle and room mates. Not the ideal situation, I'm not sure how people in DC can afford to live there, but I was relieved to have a pleasant place to come home to after a trying day.
14 night business trip Aug 1, 2015
"State Plaza D.C."
The only negative comment I have is about the $40/day parking fee. This is ridiculous, even in D.C. Based on location and price I would give this hotel 5 stars except for the parking fee.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"good stay"
We booked a king bed and entered a double queen room. We were too tired and it was late to complain. Room was large, clean, tub shower, carpet was dated, room had a small separate kitchen which was nice. Staff said at check out that the hotel was previously an apartment complex. Overall a good stay - we would return.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Phillip
Very spacious and clean. Stopped for overnight stay on way home from South Carolina. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
The hotel room was great. Great service.
7 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Brenda
"GW University area"
The GW University area is a great place to stay. Convenient to everything we were doing in Washington DC. The hotel staff were very friendly, the rooms were newly remodeled and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. Food in the restaurant was very good. Would recommend this hotel. Might check as we were in the north tower and was recently remodeled, not sure about the south tower.
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"would definitely stay here again."
I only stayed a day but this hotel's location was just GREAT. Centrally located. You can walk everywhere. The room was a little noisy (after I asked for a quiet location) because they put me directly across from the elevator. But otherwise I really enjoyed it.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Marina
It was a great stay! We had a big kitchen in the room and the hotel is very closed to a CVS. Very nice and convient
3 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Close to mall in dc"
Nice hotel close to DC mall. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very roomy.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Good hotel in a great location"
Hotel is in a great location in Foggy Bottom central to great neighborhoods and all the main DC attractions. The hotel itself is a bit dated but very clean and comfortable, and it's location more than makes up for any of the dated features in the rooms.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Perfect quiet location"
Good location for a weekend getaway. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Loved that the area was within walking distance of anything we wanted and quiet at night. Will return.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Allison
Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel has been updated nicely since our last stay a few years ago. Perfect for a visit to GW campus.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"great location"
my only problem was that it isn't very stroller friendly.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Wonderful, Marvellous"
this is my favorite place to stay in DC and every time I have family visiting from France I like to stay in the Plaza with them. It is a wonderful experience each time.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Mariame
"staff was a disappointment"
The location is good, very close to State Department, Lincoln Memorial and Kennedy Center. The metro station is 10 minutes walk away. Room was clean and quite. But the staff at the reception is not pleasing. No one helped me with the luggage upon check-in. When I asked for receipt upon check-out, the man behind the desk refused in a very impatient and unfriendly manner. Almost every time I passed the front desk, the staff there wore a num face.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Maggie
"Perfectly placed gem in Washington DC"
The hotel location cannot be beaten. Blocks from Foggy Bottom and The National Mall...we walked everywhere. The staff could not have been nicer. The room was good. The lighting in the rooms could be improved my adding dimmers...we were waking each other up in the night trying to go to the bathroom. The bathroom could have used some work. We had to call the desk several times to have them come tend to the toilet, that wouldn't completely empty no matter what. The onsite cafe was lovely...and Venus our waitress was wonderful! I would stay there again for sure, they just need to make some modest upgrades and fixes and this could be a 5-Star across the board.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Austin
"Very comfortable hotel and helpful, polite staff"
I would definitely recommend State Plaza Hotel in Washington, DC. The staff was very helpful from the moment we arrived to the moment we parted. The room was sparking clean upon arrival and after each daily room service. We were within walking distance to the Lincoln Memorial side of The Mall as well as walking distance to the "Foggy Bottom" metro station.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Ginger
"huge rooms, kitchen, great hotel"
Only bad is the way overpriced valet parking. $60 per day Had to find a parking garage on my own, otherwise great room, comfortable, friendly staff, room had a kitchen and ample space
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
juan
"DC tour"
It's just good to spend 3 days to tour DC , overall tourist are averagely treated by most tourist sites and particularly by subway train desk staff, not helpful most times, Pantagon visit has to be prebooked obey wise no entry , foreigners must have passport ID. Memorial sites are very well looked after a must to see .
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
ma nh
"Family trip - July 2015"
Hotel is adequate for a short stay, and the room with a small kitchen and dressing area was great. Decor was a little tired. It is close to the main tourist attractions which are walking distance away but unfortunately because it is in the area of a number of government buildings which are unoccupied at the weekend it is deserted during the day. That combined with the large number of homeless people in the surrounding parks make it an intimidating walk back at night. We used cabs from the downtown area which cost about $10 a time. Next time we would like for another hotel in the downtown area nearer the restaurants and bars.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice and confortable"
The place is near every important place to visit. Food at the restautant is good. Employees try hard to help you in anything you need. I recommend it.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
MARA
Best hotel which is really close to everything we want to se in DC. And it also has a kitchen in the room, which is great.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"•Cleanliness of room/hotel"
We enjoyed the Cleanliness and friendliness of the staff
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"A nice quaint hotel"
Rooms are large, older apartment turned into hotel rooms Furnishings are older, but everything is very clean and working Enjoyed Kitchen, fridge, stove and microwave. CVS is right next door and several other stores near by Walking distance to mall. Also 3 minute walk to bike share and 10 minutes to Foggy Bottom Metro Hotel was very nice to hold bags in storage prior to check in time and after check out time.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Parking woes"
Only negative was parking. I think it's outrageous to pay $40 a day. Probably would not stay again here because of that reason.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Convenient hotel w/ kitchen"
Room was larger than normal and quite comfortable. It was nice to have a small kitchen - easy for breakfast or lunch. Staff was able to give us early check-in which was very helpful! Overall, a great place to stay!
Luv2TravelH
"Nice hotel but not handicap friendly"
This was a comfortable hotel near most attractions. I was unprepared, however, for the 4-5 steps that you must ascend to reach the elevator from the lobby. For someone who cannot climb stairs this is a complete obstacle. Also, I had to bring my luggage up the stairs, although I am sure the bellhop would have done so had I asked. It was an inconvenience, in any case, that I did not know about in advance. I did appreciate that the room had a kitchen with a fridge, a stove, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Overall, it was a good experience but please be aware of the stairs.
Peggy
"beautiful room for a great price."
Great location (downtown) and a great room for an excellent price. Next time I will try having dinner there as it seems the dinner experience is also weel worth it. Staff was cordial and very welcoming.
"great hotel"
very close to everything. 1 block to Mall. We walked everywhere, even to Arlington Cemetery. Room very clean with kitchen and staff very helpfull (Monique, Sherina)). Has a great trip
6 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
dixie
Improve water pressure in shower
5 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Gene
"My favorite hotel in D.C"
Clean, friendly staff, and a super comfortable bed.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
bkj
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Good hotel. Everything solid. Staff patient and knowledgeable.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
byron
"Pleasant stay in DC"
This hotel is a few minutes walk from the Mall so ideal for those going monument hopping. The hotel staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. There is a deli a block behind the hotel that does fresh snacks and a CVS near the front for those essentials you might forget as well as groceries etc.
5 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Alexander
"Big beautiful room with great light"
Loved my stay. Big room, big bathroom, great natural light.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice hotel near Washington DC attractions"
We checked in at the hotel a bit too early. Since our room was not ready, we were upgraded without additional cost. We were delighted to find the room spacious with a good view of The Washington Monument. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. In general, we had a very good experience staying at the hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
A great location and friendly staff. The room was not new but well appointed.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Comfortable hotel close to many attractions"
Everything was great from check-in to check-out! The staff was friendly and always helpful. The room was very nice and always clean. We immediately received extra items we asked for. I would stay here again if we ever get back to DC.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Dianne
"Perfect for the 4th of July"
This hotel was perfect for our DC stay. We were able to watch the 4th of July fireworks at the Lincoln and then walk right to the hotel. It was a longer walk to the Metro! If we do DC on the 4th again we WILL be staying here. They even offered us complimentary umbrellas to use while walking around the monuments since it was raining. Great service, nice room, and good location!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Great location! Walking distance to the heart of the city. Valet parking a little bit expensive.We paid $40 daily to keep our car in the garage. Rooms have equipped kitchen for four people so we prepare our breakfast! People at front desk very kind!
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Hilda
No complaints! Nice, clean and everyone was friendly.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great Location; Great Staff!"
We really enjoyed our trip and experience at State Plaza Hotel. The location was further away than we expected; however, we quickly discovered the George Washington University nearby and we loved every aspect! We felt very safe and secure in the neighborhood. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the area. The management staff was superb and quickly responded to our needs/concerns.
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Close to everything in DC"
Convenient to DAR where I participated in the Annual National DAR Conference.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
DEBI
"Waking distance to everything"
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. ..Our room always clean including the kitchen
Other trip Jul 9, 2015