All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
660 Dennett St, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Enjoyed Hotel in Monterey to Celebrate Anniversary"
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I really liked all the updated feature's for this hotel. It was very clean, with the white comforter's that I like as well as a comfortable mattress. I also liked the large shower. It had the updated HD flat screen televisions. It was in a quiet neighborhood, which was not too close nor too far from Lighthouse drive. We loved the continental breakfast. The service was very good! And housekeeping did a very good job as well! We will definitely be returning.
2 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Esther
"Condo without a fireplace."
Pro - It was in a nice neighborhood,staff was friendly, very quite, heater worked well,and importantly clean. It was walking distance to the beach. Breakfast was fine. We did have a covered garage. Con- The layout of the room was unusual with a a huge dressing room and smaller sleeping room, design poor. The Website showed a fireplace in all the rooms, to my disappointment only the suites had fireplaces. They should add a fake one at least. All in all it was OK.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
The newly renovated room was spacious and clean. The hotel was in a quiet location and very peaceful surroundings. Without a GPS it was rather difficult to find.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Great wish there was a living room area. Little crowded
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Maybe the best motel inwestern"
this motel located in pacific grove where only a few minutes driving to 17-miles drive and pebble beach, also just 15 minutes to Carmel where has a lot of wonderful restaurants. the motel occupied 5 semi-attached houses and reformed to nearly 30 single guest rooms, each room has spacious bed and bathroom with separate shower, also has a huge storage room that can add extra bed. also equiped a safe, mini bar and microwave. a beautiful yard has oriental style decoration. breakfast is wonderful.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Brook
"Pleasently Surprised"
We loved our stay. Very peaceful and relaxing. Room was a great size and patio was a great litte outdoor space. Nicely remodeled. For me the pillows were a bit puffy and hard, so you might want to bring your own pillow if you have neck issues. The morning breakfast was your typical with hot cold cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, and fruit. There are quite a few families with smaller children, so if kids aren't your thing or intermitten fussyness, then you may want to for go this spot. Never the less, it was more on the quiet side with dear hanging out on the grounds. We will stay here again without reservation.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
K.
Everything about this hotel was perfect. So quiet !!
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Great Stay in Pacific Grove"
The hotel was clean and very quiet. It looked like converted condos with three rooms in each small building-we were the only ones in our building. We were on the 3rd floor and my boyfriend had to carry my huge suitcase up the stairs--there are no elevators. We had a cute balcony and were in the rear of the hotel. It was really quiet-we took a stroll in the evening and saw deer. Breakfast was good--waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. and was until 11--which was good for us because some days we were up late. The bathroom was big and there was a huge walk-in closet with a microwave and iron etc, inside. The bedroom wasn't big but since the luggage and everything was in the large closet the room was great. We were about 5 minutes from Cannery Row and two minutes from Point Pinos and the coast. Monterey is expensive but for the cost this hotel was way better than most.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Cozy Pacific Grove Hotel"
I was in town for a tennis tournament in Carmel Valley and loved staying in Pacific Grove. The Inn was spacious, very quiet and comfortable -- and easy to get to downtown PG or anywhere in the Monterey/Carmel area.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Our own apartment in the woods"
Amazing little lodge. Apartments turned into a hotel. Our jr. suite had a kitchen, huge decks off the back, so spacious and the decor was modern and beautifully matched with vaulted ceilings. Staff was nice and everything was provided. Continental breakfast was great, best waffles Ive had in a long time with the waffle maker. Two giant TVs in the room. My husband liked this hotel the most out of the 4 different hotels we stayed in Monterey. Felt like we were in the mountains. Beautiful view of big trees. Loved it.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Leilani
The rooms were very clean and freshly remodeled. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay next time we visit our son at CSUMB.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Lou
"Has potential, but needs improvement"
I was willing to a high rate on a Saturday during high season because I read that renovations were just completed. However, I was disappointed when I walked into our room. It was much smaller than pictured on the website, the carpet looked worn, and the room was stuffy so I had to open the sliding glass door. The cheap-quality bed sheets were a major comfort issue. On the plus side, the mattress and pillows were decent and the bathroom area was large and nicely renovated. Lastly, the manager miscommunicated details about our accommodations. I requested that we have accommodations on the upper floor. The manager called and said that he had accommodations on the upper floor but it had a king size bed instead of two beds, a queen and a twin. I said that was fine. What he failed to say was that the upstairs accommodation was a single room accommodation and we had booked a "2-bd apt" accommodation. When we arrived we were expecting a double room accommodation with a king size bed and kitchenette. Instead, we found a single room with a small room (big closet) that had a microwave and small refrigerator. Quite a difference and yet the price was the same. When we inquired about a difference in cost for the accommodation were were told the booking was through Hotels.com and that they could not give us the 15-20 dollar difference in price.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice getaway"
The room was great. Bathroom amazing. A little loud though as we could hear our neighbors. Nice service. Breakfast was adequate but dining room small for amount of guests. Beautiful landscaping.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Lindy
"Fourth of July"
Nice room and grounds No pool or spa-spa would make a great feature No shopping or sites within walking distance More for couples
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"great for family"
Was under renovation when we stayed there, so certain amenities were not available, but staff was VERY responsive to our needs.
3 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"Cold"
We had a two room suite but broken thermostat. I had asked for extra blankets because the beds only had a very thin foam blanket between two sheets. I was told they were out of blankets. Pacific Grove gets very cold at night. They did bring one small space heater for the two rooms. It was a very cold night. We will not return to this hotel. They are still in construction mode converting apartments into a hotel. They should have waited to open. Parking was limited.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
K
"Hidden Gem"
Although this Howard Johnson seems like it is in the middle of nowhere, it is actually very close to the Monterey attractions. The hotel is brand new, and they are still getting some of the rooms ready for customers. However, that did not detract from the services we got. Our room was spacious, and very comfortable. The breakfast was very good, a great way to start the morning. The hotel staff were very friendly, but it seemed like some had just been hired, and were still learning the hotel policies. Next time I visit Monterey I will absolutely book back into this hotel.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Aaron
"Comfortable, clean and roomy, near Asilomar beach"
We wanted to enjoy a quiet weekend, some time walking, some time shopping and dinning, and some time relaxing in the room. The hotel is in a quiet area, near the beach, short walk or drive to everything, and nice room, just what we were looking for.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice hotel near beach"
Appears to be converted from condo's with large spacious rooms.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Andy
"Great job on the remodel!"
I couldn't have be more pleased with the motel for the price. We stayed in one of the two bedroom units (not kitchen ) which worked out great for us and our adult grand daughter. Everyone had privacy and it was much more economical then two rooms. Comfortable, clean in a pretty neighborhood
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Judie
"room was just remodeled"
Nice big shower they used to have step up tub.New carpets New bed. new paint.Enjoyed balcany. Quite room.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Awesome anniversary!"
The rooms at this motel have full kitchens, gas lit fireplaces. The bed was very comfortable. a lot more than I expected...very nice! We will go back!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
"Good Location, Comfortable Room, Friendly Staff"
It looked like the hotel had been a condominium and was still in the process of being converted into a hotel. Some of the units were still being converted from apartments to hotel rooms, so there was a little construction activity going on. That didn't affect our satisfaction with our stay there. We liked the place very much. The fact that the hotel had been a condominium was actually an advantage, because the rooms had amenities that they might not have had, had they been built to be hotel rooms.
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They recommended a great restaurant close by.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
tresapizza
"Fantastic!"
I stayed with my girl friend, the room was huge, two TV, awesome breakfasts. I'll recommend you to stay in here.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Shu
"The hotel is just ok, not as good as i expected"
I booked a suite with two bedroom, i though there was living room and two restroom. However, there is just only two bedroom and one restroom. The room is quite small, not as big as i expected. And I guess its family own business, there is nobody at frontdesk, you have to call, then they will appear to help you. Overall, 3 stars.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
Joyce
Was very pleased with our room and would recommend this hotel to friends and family!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Nice place. Under renovation. :("
Most of the hotel was under renovation. It wasn't noisy but most of the parking was blocked off and a challenge. Breakfast seemed to start too late. Thought it should start at 6am, not 8am. Shower head was way to high, about 7 feet. Lights in bathroom were not over the mirror and single sink. Was way off to one side. Is enough room for double sinks and mirrors, why not put them in??? Made it a challenge to put make-up on, etc. Electric outlets at the desk didn't work. Set up a wake up call and the front desk person called and then the computer called me two more times. A little overkill. LOL. Bed was comfortable and I slept well. Room smelled nice and clean. Location was very nice. Front desk staff were nice but the ladies doing linen service did not seem friendly at all. Might stay here again once renovations are done. :)
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Not as described"
I booked a 2 bedroom suite for a weekend. However, the room was not really a suite. You would walk up some stairs, open the door and walk directly into the first bedroom. There was a door to the second bedroom and you had to go through that bedroom to get to the one bathroom. Also, there was no air conditioning. The room was awkward and smelled funny. My boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night and found a maggot on his shirt. There was construction happening and the workers were making lots of noise late into the night on the property. There is almost no parking and the hotel is located in the middle of a residential neighborhood, far from restaurants and shops.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Disappointed during the remodel."
My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice before. We loved it the first time in 2008, noticed it was starting to get run down in 2012, but this time we unexpectedly stayed during a complete remodel of the entire facility. Had we been advised that work was ongoing we would have booked elsewhere. As it was, the remodel is cheaply done. (Possibly they weren't finished yet ?) But the kitchen cabinets were painted in flat paint and poorly done. No hardware on the cabinets. Oven and dishwasher removed. No designated parking, as all the garaged areas were being used by contractors, and building materials. NOISE, and just plain confusion in the courtyard area. We will not be back.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Under construction"
More than half of the hotel is under construction for improvements. While the end product is nice (updated rooms and interiors) the noise is a factor. It would have been helpful to know about the construction before our stay.
4 night business trip May 12, 2014
"wait til 07/01/14"
they are remodeling now customers should wait til they finish end of june or july '14. also will be changing to a Best Western
2 night trip May 13, 2014
al
"Price less"
Great romantic fun!
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
"Great Hotel, But . . ."
Due to remodeling, the room I was booked into had no heat. They tried to get someone there to fix it, but they didn't show up. The facility was booked so, apparently we could not be moved to a different room. I had a child with me. Even with space heaters, the room was cold and there was concern about running small space heaters all night. Would have been a great place if that had not happened. I was not offered any compensation for all of that inconvenience.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"It would be nice if not for the remodeling"
First of all, there was extensive remodeling going on. These are town home style apartments that were converted into hotel rooms. All bottom rooms were taken apart and workers, tools, and carpets were out all over the place. Additionally, the description of the suites says that there are 2 bedrooms with a bathroom. It is implied that the bathroom would be in-between the bedrooms. That is not how it is. The bathroom in inside one of the bedrooms. You would not be able to have 2 couples together that way.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Alicia
"Convenient location, strange smell"
Our room was very quiet, but had a very funky smell. No air conditioning to move the air and no screens on the window or patio door. Cracked tiles, stained carpet... The property is being renovated and the location is very quiet and convenient, so maybe wait until the renovation is complete before visiting.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Room was nice but could hear everything, walls very thin????
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Paul Gabriel
"Great hideaway"
This hotel was the best treasure we have ever found on a vacation. It was in a cozy quiet neighborhood and close to the beach. We walked every where. Pacific Grove was close so friendly and had great restaurants. Our favorites were "International Cuisine" terrific Fish and chips and a terrific bakery called "Pavel's". The hotel is being taken over by Best Western in May, hopefully they will keep the quiet and cozy feeling.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
The front desk was very friendly. The room was clean and spacious but in desperate need of an update (stained carpet, worn bedspread & furniture). The bathroom was in great condition and appears to have been renovated more recently. The kitchen had all appliances, but these were a bit on the older side as well. The hotel is in more of the residential area of Pacific Grove but only a 15 minute walk into the main town area.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Wet and filthy carpet"
Huge disappointment
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2014
Roy
Looks to still be under remodel.
3 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
"Think Twice before you book!"
The staff was very nice. However we try'd to check-in at 2:30 walked in the room and found that the bed was not made or room cleaned. Both our sinks backed up and made our room smell awful. The hotel is also in the middle of a remodel. Everyone's nice, but don't recommend the stay.
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Shannon
"Not worth it"
We stayed here only for a night and I must say the stay was not very pleasant. We din't like anything here. The central heater was very noisy, Rooms were not very clean, some of lights were not working, no closet to hang cloths
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
mk
"The Perfect Getaway!"
I enjoyed the way the apartments have been remade into hotel rooms. Our room had so much space, especially in the shower! Missed the tub though. Looks like it could use new carpet. Loved that we could WALK to the ocean from our place!
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2013
Annette
Receptionist at front desk not very receptive. Did not like the room above where brunch is served. Too noisy in the morning. We had two phones in our room. Not one of them worked. Told the front desk person; all she said is that she would note it. Its a good thing we didnt have an emergency.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Jer
"Quite and peaceful hotel beach near by."
Loved the location close to the ocean, comfortable. We stayed in a two room suite. Only drawback was that one bedroom had two twin beds. I reserved for two couples (4 adults) and asked for the king and queen beds. Not good. The twin beds were not something you could move together either :-(.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
We loved the stay at the Howard Johnson in Pacific Grove. The room was nicely sized,clean, with a newly renovated bathroom, and a separate room with a fridge, microwave, coffe machine and plates. You can easily cook a simple dinner. Location is also great, with access to the coastal trail and downtown Pacific Grove.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Convenient & Flexible"
We've stayed here several times on golf trips to the Monterey area and its always been good. The suites comfortably sleep three with a double & two singles. A TV is in each room. The location makes it easy to get into Pacific Grove or walk to excellent restaurants in the area. On our last trip the place was undergoing a facelift upgrading it from an 80s look. Our only complaint is that the continental breakfast isn't available for early golfers.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
"location was great"
Stained carpet,old furniture. Otherwise very comfortable and my son, grandson, & I liked having great TV's in each bedroom. Will stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
B.stevens
"Nice and cozy."
Nice big rooms with decent floor plan. Big shower and bathroom area. The location was great nestled in a nice neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle. Convenient to both Carmel and Monterey.
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2013