All hotels in Dover, New Hampshire, United States of America
481 Central Ave, Dover, NH, 03820, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"A place to sleep"
The check-in was fast and easy. Very friendly. My bed was waiting. My only problem was all the pillows were too plump since I am accustomed to thin. If only all of life had such simple problems :-)
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Close enough hotel to kittery region"
It is located on the center of the town and Close to many restorants. Room was clean, but it was a classic motor lounge. Breakfast was satisfactory.
Response by Days Inn Dover
So glad to hear that you enjoyed our Downtown Dover location, and were able to walk to many restaurants. We do offer interior rooms which are poolside for those who want to be inside as well as our exterior rooms.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
erkan
I enjoyed my stay. Especially the hot tub.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Fine place to stay"
Little old, but pool was great. The hot the hot tub was also great. Breakfast was nice.
Response by Days Inn Dover
Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed our hot tub and pool. We have the new Day Break Breakfast so glad you liked it. We have some remodeling plans when it slows down.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
dave
"nice place to just sleep...."
#1 Hotel personnel had no idea had to get to a location that was just 5 miles away, and did not even offer to help us find it. Went to another business on the street and was directed to location. #2 Breakfast room was so inadequate - very small selection of food and tiny room. Had a tiny cup of coffee, tiny apple, tiny tiny container of yogurt My husband had a terrible, pre-cooked pancake. Left there and went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Karin Ann Esposito
"Nice hotel for overnight stay"
Used the room to drop kids off from camp after 4 1/2 hours of driving. Close to a few malls and lots of restaurants within a 10 min drive. Room was small but served its purpose for overnight stay. Pool is right off lobby, small but good for kids and Jacuzzi right next to it. Breakfast was pancakes, cereal , eggs, toast, omelets with cheese.
Response by Days Inn Dover
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell of your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Never again"
Very run down....terrible breakfast. There is a sign on the edge of the building at the beginning of the block which says 'Guest parking entrance, next right'. Assuming that your 'next right' would be at the intersection....which took us down a back street and one way streets. Very aggravating.
Response by Days Inn Dover
We are very sorry for the confusion of our entrance. We are located in downtown Dover, NH and the city has been given the award of "Tree City USA" which makes it even harder to find us with our big trees in front of our building. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We do offer cheese omelets, yogurt, oatmeal with toppings, pancakes, hard boiled eggs, toast, orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cold cereal.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Lydia
"Close to University of New Hampshire"
The staff was very nice. The hotel is located in the center of a cute little town within walking distance to shops and restaurants. I would stay here again
Response by Days Inn Dover
Thank you very much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be coming back again!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Bonnie
"Nice hotel, helpful staff"
I enjoyed my stay but it was a little bit farther away than I had hoped and there was a toll going to and coming back from Portsmouth. The room was nice and clean and the staff was courteous and the breakfast was lovely and hearty.
Response by Days Inn Dover
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was courteous to you!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Mimi
"Paper thin walls"
The walls were paper thin, and somebody was talking (loudly) until at least 3 in the morning. We were above the office. Maybe that's what it was, but we shouldn't have been able to hear it.
Response by Days Inn Dover
I am very sorry that you were disturbed when you were staying with us. Please note that we are staffed twenty-four hours and would have been happy to take care of any issues if they arise. The room above the office is insulated for noise so not sure where the noise was coming from.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Rebecca
"Thanks but no Thanks"
We checked in about 5pm or so. room was clean but warm. the AC was on so we went to dinner next door to the fish shanty. The place was pricy and deserted there was only one other table taken. we got back to the room about 9:30 pm and the ac was off. the room was warm. We noticed that the unit was on but it wasn't running. I turned the fan on and that was working. I ran it for about 1/2 hour then went back to the AC. It worked fine for about an hour but the room was still at 75 degrees. It was late and we were tired and felt it was too late to call for maintenance. We didn't sleep well. I told the clerk about the AC and she just said they will get someone to look at it. They Gave me my receipt for the room. It was paid by Mastercard for 113.00? I don't have mastercard. I found out later that expedia pays with MC. so my receipt is wrong. I have to submit my receipt for rufund from my company. My Credit card was charged 143.00.I'll have to use that. I went there for Train day. at the museum we did a thing for operation Lifesaver for Autistic Kids. The hotel was full because of the activities in town going on. soap box derby and a swimming meet.Otherwise I would have asked for another room. Thanks Gordon
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Gordon
"Great Place For An Overnight"
I was traveling on business and only stayed the night. I found the room clean and the bed comfortable. There was no shampoo provided, but soap was provided. It was located close to a Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds so it was convenient to grab some food and coffee the next morning before hitting the road. The hotel does offer free coffee, but I didn't try any since I'm partial to Dunkin's.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"It was a pleasant holiday."
The only "hiccup" was the pillows...they were very uncomfortable...and didn't help me to sleep
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Philly
"Not the worst"
Convienent location. What place doesn't offer free WiFi these days? That was a disappointment. The pancakes were cold at breakfast. They didn't have extra blankets in the room. For an indoor pool it was pretty cold. At the it was clean and hot tub was hot. The room was clean. The beds were a little on the soft side but that's just not a personal preference.
Other trip May 24, 2014
tara
"Nicely located"
We very much enjoyed our stay however it would be helpful if the staff was more informed of local attractions and amenities, such as the location of local restaurants that have live music, and the location of certain store we wished to visit. Also I am a CPO (certified pool operator) at a large resort in northern New Hampshire and I can promise you that if a state inspector were to see their pool they would have closed it. One of the most stringent rules is that if you can not see the bottom it should not be open to the public. We were there for 3 days and did not see anyone addressing this issue. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and accommodating. We would probably not stay again.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Tom Hobbs
"Great family place to day"
This is a great family place with a indoor pool. It has a free continental breakfast, but we did not eat there because we were visiting family. It's perfect for the price.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Great place"
Super location, great staff, very clean, rooms a bit small, but wasn't there to stay inside room
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Near UNH"
I was ideal. What I was expecting.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2014
I have stayed here twice now and will come again. The staff is friendly and accomodating. Rates are reasonable and the rooms are extremely comfortable as well as clean. Convenient location within walking distance of a delicious thai restaurant as well as dunkin donuts.
2 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"Great downtown location, close to all restaurants."
was convenient and comfortable for all our needs.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
ShanBob
"Excellent location and ample parking."
The hotel had a great location right in downtown Dover with a nice parking lot tucked behind. Unfortunately another guest backed into my car on their way out, but they informed the front desk. Someone called my room and notified me. The staff was very helpful.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Dana
Sweet little in-town hotel with a nice pool for the kids who tagged along. They don't have cots to loan/rent, but gave us a pile of extra blankets and sheets to make a nest for our thrashing kid. I really liked this place. We will get a suite next time and have some fun in Dover. Great mid-winter trip to use the children's museum and an indoor pool.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
"close to downtown venues"
Motor court style hotel. Could not get to room from lobby. Had to go outside to get to room. Skipped the breakfast that was included because of this(heavy rainstorm that morning and didn't want to get soaked just for continental breakfast.) Very noisy building. Could hear and feel nearby doors open and shut constantly. Family with children and dog checked into room next to us and could hear everything..dog yipping,kids running,even violin practice session. We were beginning to think we were on an episode of candid camera or something. Could hear every word from everybody who walked past our room. Although the hotel is designated as non smoking the room did have an odor of smoke. Furnishings dated but room seemed clean and neat. Fortunately things seemed to be quiet when we returned to our room after midnight. Was fairly quiet til neighboring doors began opening and closing around 6 am.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Missy
"Conveniently located in downtown Dover, N.H."
Older motor lodge style hotel. My room was suppose to be non-smoking, but it definitely had recently housed a heavy smoker - yuck! Facility is older and shabby.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"visiting family over long weekend."
Grandchildren enjoyed the pool. Nice little breakfast area, with adequate nutrition. Friendly staff, and very good cleaning of room every day.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
kathy
Wouldn't let me upgrade to a bigger room because I booked through a second party.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2014
This location is old but clean and comfortable. Bathroom a little tight but an awesome shower head. Pool has no inside access from rooms so it was not really useable at 23'. Adequate breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
J
"Very Pleasant place to stay."
I found the hotel to be very clean, the staff ( check in and breakfast) was pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Kenn
"Overall it was a great stay!"
I booked two rooms for 4 nights. My Dad had trouble properly working the remote control but that isn't the hotel's problem. They were patient and helpful over the phone and instructions were provided in the room. My room had a very strong odor of stale cigarettes (the entire hotel is supposed to be smoke-free but we all know people don't always follow the rules, unfortunately). The bed linens appeared to be fairly new and the room was very clean. I couldn't understand how the "maids" overlooked the smell... The next morning I mentioned the smell to the folks at the front desk and they couldn't move fast enough to get someone to fix the problem! I was impressed! In the end, the problem didn't go away because I am convinced the smell is in the carpeting, but I lessened it by using Febreze each night. Everyone was friendly, professional and courteous. My Dad had no problems and neither did I. I would highly recommend the Days Inn at Dover/Durham to anyone!
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Cathy
Great location, nice staff, clean rooms, no complains.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Great value, great little place"
We stayed for just one night and were pleasantly surprised by the value of the hotel. The price was one of the lowest in the area and the location was great for our purposes. The beds were SUPER comfortable!!!! Would definitely stay here again if we go back to Portsmouth area.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
"Nice center of town motel"
Motel had not noted request - nor had Expedia- for ground floor room because of health. However, they upgraded us to a better ground floor accommodation. Stay was pleasant - staff, accommodations, breakfast- and check-out quick. Trip to NE to visit family and see fall color went well.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Right in Town Center"
We have stayed at this hotel before, and the staff is still absolutely outstanding. We had a broken coffee maker, which the housekeeper was awesome about replacing it with something that worked. However, this time around I noticed that the bathroom was in need of some updating. The shower/ tub combo was clean, however, it appeared a little worse for the wear. I would stay here again in a heartbeat though, its clean and the town center is literally steps away. I just wish some of the shops stayed open a little later.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Ed & Nicki
"Close as I could get to Kittery"
Suggested as close to Kittery,ME. Hotels there were all booked there. The hotel was clean, neat and quiet. neighborhood was historical, and neat. It was a short drive to Kittery, our main destination.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
KP Smith
"Better in pictures than in reality"
Good location and friendly people but the place is so outdated looking and the room well workable but nothing to write home about. Our room was in a separate building down a really creepy hallway. Clean yes, but kind of worn out-those plastic like bed covers and a sofa that was stained and looked like it had been borrowed from a friend's basement. And my personal peeve are towels that are see thru...get new linens folks. As for the free breakfast it was called " deluxe " BTW deluxe means " notably luxurious" which is certainly not what the breakfast was about or offered .How about some fresh fruit salad, or yogurts or anything that didnt look or feel like it was coming out a machine. You could make waffles with those waffle irons that all motels now seem to have but eggs, or anything else of substance?Finally my partner used the pool I thought it stunk of chlorine too much but he said it was fine.Nonetheless the dogs like the place.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
"The location was near where we wanted."
The beds were extra firm with really small pillows. Not the most comfortable night I have spent in a hotel.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Run down, sketchy surroundings"
Would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
Trish
"Room was dirty"
My husband had to clean the AC filter to get it to work. The fan in the bathroom was loaded with dirt. Shower had hair in that didn't belong to us!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Kris
"Family reunion 2013"
It was very clean there; the staff were very pleasant. Very convenient location; made travel easy to where we had to go that weekend. Thank you
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
J weldon
Short and sweet. 2 Nights. Fifty something couple. Older facility well kept, clean, good location for cruising NH and southern ME Did not have time to use the pool but it looked nice and clean. Plus ...a.m. Start Cereal waffles bagels, juice included . Great coffee across the street. Overall priced fairly.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2013
I had enjoyable time and everyone was attentive to my needs.
5 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Paul M.
"close to family"
An OK hotel, got the job done, very near family, convienent.
3 night trip Jul 13, 2013
TJJ
Not bad for the money. Not great. We stayed in an executive suite which is set up like a walk up apt building. A bit away from the office and easily accessible to the public. Especially since the outside door would be left open quite often. There should be an alarm to the office that the main door providing acess to the building is ajar or not closed securely. Nice indoor pool and spa. Great walking to area restaurants, attractions & shops. Minutes drive from beaches. Stove was pretty dated and didn't look safe to use.
4 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Melody
"In the center of a small but interesting city"
construction workers use the hotel as temporary lodging. There was no problem with this, but this hotel is not strictly for pleasure travel. The continental breakfast was adequate. not good.The room was clean and quiet
Dennis
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised we arrived at the hotel early and not only was my room ready they upgraded my reservation to an executive apartment , The pool was crystal clear. I would definitely stay there again!!!
"Decent motel"
We stayed here for a night since it was the closest place to Maine that wasn't over $300 a night. The room was clean and tidy, nice cold air conditioner. My only complaint is the people above us decided they were going to jump on the floor at 1:30 am. This isn't the humorless fault but it didn't attract the best people that's for sure.
Steph
"Nice hotel just 15 minutes from Portsmouth"
Nice place right in town. Couldn't try the indoor pool: only open 9-9. We had a king size bed that was very comfortable. Clean room. Good continental breakfast including make your own waffles.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Surprisingly convenient to NH and Maine together"
Our daughter attended a gymnastics camp for a week in Durham. Wanted a nearby suite and found this hotel in Dover. Never been in Dover so didn't know what to expect. The hotel was quite good. Nice, very large suite. VERY comfortable beds. Nice pool and hot tub. Decent free breakfast. And downtown Dover turned out to be full of good restaurants within walking distance. Also discovered how convenient Dover is to Ogunquit and southern Maine via the back roads. Went back and forth several times, including to a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
gardoug
"Nice Overall"
Everything was very good. The pool, breakfast, room. The best was the price.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"A little pricey ...."
I stayed in this hotel for one night - the next time I need to stay near UNH I will try to find other accommodations - I really thought it a little pricey for what was offered (so I will book earlier and get something less expensive closer to the college, I hope). The room was clean (though the shower could use a little more scrubbing around the tiles) and the linens were clean, but $110 for one night???
Other trip Jun 19, 2013