All hotels in Dover, New Hampshire, United States of America
481 Central Ave, Dover, NH, 03820, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

I was only there overnight, so I didn't get to explore the area. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the room was very comfortable. I wish I could have stayed longer!
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Dover Stay"
Was surprised the room was big (2 King Beds and large bathroom). Very comfortable
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Dorothy
"Nice, quiet hotel in an interesting village"
We've stayed here over the years while our daughter was at UNH, and enjoyed the stays each time. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and attentive to any needs. Free continental breakfast is nice unless you're looking for something more than pre-made eggs, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, coffee/juice, etc.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"We are regulars"
Stayed here several times while our daughter was a student at UNH. Good location, clean rooms, friendly staff, free wifi, breakfast and they are pet-friendly. The rooms are on the small side, but overall a good value for the money.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Roger
"Super 8 or worse remodel"
This hotel is a remodeled super 8 or worse..the rooms are old and smell old.Windows slide to open which I found unsafe,and air-conditioning unit could be pushed in.to get to the pool,you need to walk outside the hotel,same as breakfast. The town was quaint,and they have a love for Pizza.there is a pizza shop maybe 2 on every block.I wouldn't recommend thus hotel. There is a Comfort inn and a Holiday inn express about a mike away
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"The basic. Clean sheets. Newer TV. Convenient."
Came in late, pleasant staff, good overall experience. Walls where thin, would suck to be next to a loud room. We lucked out and had no issues.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"quiet in-town location close to restaurants"
This hotel punches above it's weight. It's an older building in the center of Dover but surprised us by being quiet, clean and comfortable with a great bed and good heating system. Staff was very friendly and helped me take care of a reservation issue, working with Expedia. And you're close to a wide range of restaurants. We'll stay here again.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Reasonably priced overnight!"
Hotel was what you expect for an inexpensive hotel, pd $76 for night. It wasn't anything fancy but it was definitely adequate and boy was the bed comfy. I never sleep well in a hotel but I slept great. The only issue I had was the ice machine was next door but not a huge issue because I am not very fussy. The area was beautiful, what a nice little town. I must suggest doing at the thirsty moose if staying in dover, the food was amazing. Not sure the name of the nice young gentleman who checked us in but he was so friendly & helpful. Definitely an added bonus when the staff is friendly & welcoming. Would definitely stay here again. Oh & the free breakfast was a nice bonus, nothing elaboratebut a good start to he day.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Rose
"great stay"
great
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Clean Room and Friendly Staff"
We had to make a one night trip to the area. I was looking for a room that didn't break the bank. Day's Inn at Dover, NH fit the bill. Booking was easy and the price was the best in the area. The hotel is right in the center of downtown but I have to say I drove right past it. The hotel sign wasn't easily distinguishable from signs of other businesses, all were about the same size and etc. Probably town zoning ordinance regarding signage. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by a pleasant gentleman at the front desk and within 5 minutes we were back out the door to our room. After passing my wife's inspection the room and bathroom was declared clean. We had plenty of bath towels and the usual complimentary toiletries. The room lacked a refrigerator which seems ubiquitous in hotel rooms nowadays. There were plenty of pillows on the king sized bed and thank goodness they were in good shape and not the usual flat and lifeless pillows. The room was supplied with a list of all local eateries and their menu's as well as a list of other local interests. Definitely worth the money and better than many places I've stayed for double the price.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"0k"
one night stay only... walls paper thin..stuck in a corner room...had to outside to pool and hub ..not connected to rest of hotel...
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Bug hotel"
The room looked clean but when we went to bed my wife found a bug and someone's hair and there was hair in the tub so I don't think we will ever stay there again
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"On my way home"
Great place for an overnight stay
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Its a Place to Sleep"
Title about says it all. It is a tiny room with barely enough room for one person to navigate around the room. If you have 2 people forget it. Was fairly clean but toilet was blocked on arrival.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
tina don and
"Get what U pay for"
This Hotel is a get what you pay for hotel. Rickety stairs to the second floor and the smallest hotel room Ive ever stayed in. It was tiny. Pet fees are way too high, for two small dogs 11lbs each we were charged almost the same as an extra night.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
tina don and
"Slept well, hot shower, good price;visit againYES"
Good mattress, hot water, plenty of ice and parking available. Slept soundly-no noise problems. Breakfast was okay; it was hot. Had a room twice one-week apart. Would visit again. Price was fair-booked online one week before visit.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
marie
"Not impressed"
Despite having "quiet hours", a large group wandered right past our door at 1:30 a.m. They were noisy and disruptive.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Ok for the cost, and being pet friendly."
The staff was very accommodating. They would go out of their way for you. However, one morning there was terrible banging that sounded like they were coming through the wall, so we requested to be moved. They did this, moving us inside near the pool. The new room nada fridge and microwave, but was no larger. The second to last night of our stay other guests were really noisy from about 1-2am, making it impossible to sleep. While I think they go out of there was to be pleasant and accommodating, next time I will pay extra to stay somewhere that doesn't have so many disturbances. The pool was nice, the breakfast was ok, and the place was clean. It is also pet friendly but the pet area is small. Overall they do their best, but should make some changes.
3 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
For visiting The University of New Hampshire this is a well-located and inexpensive alternative to Portsmouth hotels. We have stayed here several times when visiting our daughter at UNH and are likely to use it often if our son also enrolls there this fall. We are budget-conscious/no frills travelers yet prefer to be within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. This hotel provides that.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
College parents
"decent inexpensive hotel"
Decent inexpensive hotel, good location for downtown Dover. Walls thin, heard neighbors when they got loud, but what can you do, just turned up the tv.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Review"
It was good
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Pleasant surprise!"
We were pleasantly surprised... The price was excellent, room was very, very clean and the staff was super nice. We had been in Nashville earlier in the week, paid three times as much at a Doubletree and the bathroom was not very clean. Cleanliness is number one for me. The tub was nice and shiny unlike the Doubletree, which seemed to have scum.. Anyway, everything was very nice..
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Todd
"Good location, rundown"
Hotel smelled musty and old. Hasn't been renovated in a while, 80's.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Disappointing"
The room smelled musty but was visually clean. The "indoor pool" could only be accessed by going outside and then back in. You could not change out of your wet suit before heading back outside (in 15 degree temps). The indoor pool was why we stayed so it was very disappointing. You could hear the train through the night and at 3:30 AM I was awakened by the plow right outside our room that plowed the parking lot for 45 mins. Not a restful night.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
PAMELA
"It's good"
No problems at all. Tasty breakfast bar. Bed was too soft for my liking.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"UNH Family Weekend Stay 2014"
Hotel sign was difficult to find from street. Check in was fast and friendly. Room was neat and clean. Walls a little thin so hope for quiet people next door. Great location and not far from UNH.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Visiting New Hampshire"
The front desk help was very friendly. The rooms were clean and overall comfortable but the pillows were a bit too thick for my liking. A bit hard to find initially due to the way the steets are configured but after the first time figured it out. Breakfast adequate, but also a nice coffee house right across the street.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
very nic and comfortable, clean
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
maryanne howell
"General review"
Parking is very limited.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Anna
"Not the nicest place"
Old building run down, not the most appealing place to stay.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"staff very helpful"
Room smelled like smoke. People next door found smoking and warned by staff. Staff helped us move to a new room. Staff very helpful
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
janice
"My stay at the Days in at Dover for Apple Festival"
Just what I was looking for something near to everything downtown. Pool was small and some kids had taken it over but no problem didn't need to use or have time. The room was clean and beds slept great.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
janice
"Convenient Access to UNH"
I am a grad student at UNH, so I spend one night a week at the Days Inn Dover. Normally, I have a great stay. This past week however, neither the air conditioner nor the television worked in the room and nothing the clerk told me to do to fix the problems worked. The room was hot and I had trouble sleeping. I will continue to stay here since it is very close to UNH, I just hope everything works for next time.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"Near friend and golf course"
Very good: the hotel/motel was in a perfect location for our needs and the town of Dover NH is a gem.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"We went elsewhere."
The rooms shown in the photos are old photos. The staff admitted they must be updated. What you see is not what you will get! They have no disability compliant rooms like we requested but did not get. The room we were shown had no microwave or refrigerator that were shown in the room photos.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Floyd
"Close to the University of New Hampshire"
Basic motel
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Pretty good stay"
The hotel needs better signage on the road,the sign is hidden by trees. Hotel was clean, breakfast was ok.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Not for a person with a handicap."
We were booked for an acessable room and they seem to not know what that means. There was no way the bathroom was ADA compliant. We went elsewhere.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Did not stay there!"
We asked for handicap access and were booked on the second floor. Just great for a person with a cane. They were able to find a first floor unit, but it was not handicap accessable either. As to the photos you see on line, they are not what is in the room! They are old photos showing a much nicer room. We went for the Days Inn over a few other hotels in the area because one photo showed bars in the tub. They were not there. For a few dollars more we went to another chain and got everything we wanted. This is my first bad review, but this wasn't what we were told it would be or what the online photos showed. I stay at a lot of places and generally have a very good time.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"missing item"
The first morning I left the room in my gym clothes. When I returned at 11.00 am I was pleasantly surprised that the room was cleaned. The downside was that my pants were gone. The staff was very friendly about this and thought they would show up in their laundry until after 2 days they started talking about ghosts being in the building. My pants were not found during the remaining 3 days of my stay. Now after four weeks they still did not show up in the hotel`s lost and found bin.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Nice hotel in central Dover"
Very Good accomodations for the price for the area. Nice staff
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"We did not stay there, we went elsewhere."
We went through Expedia and were under the impression this would be an accessable room. It was not. The photos they had showing bars in the tub were not there. Also missing were the microwave and refrigerator shown in the photos. Do not go by the photos of the inside, what you see is not what you will get. I was told me they are old photos and had something to do with next door, and the photos will be updated at some time in the future.They were able to find a first floor room as we were booked in on the second floor. So much for getting a handicap room as we requested. I didn't get a return message saying they were not able to give us what we requested and got an email from Expedia saying everything was all set. That is not what we found. We went to another chain and got the room we were looking for including a microwave and refrigerator that were actually there and a bathroom with bars and a high handicap toilet.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Nice for the price"
The kids loved the pool. The staff was excellent!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Thumbs up!"
Nice! We had trouble finding it, but it's location is in Dover center - walking distance to restaurants, which was great. Our room was spacious & comfy. It was a bit noisy from noisy neighbors & pets - but not intolerable, but quiet otherwise. Our cleaning staff overlooked a couple of minor things. Other than that - no complaints. We'd definately stay here again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Penny
"A place to sleep"
The check-in was fast and easy. Very friendly. My bed was waiting. My only problem was all the pillows were too plump since I am accustomed to thin. If only all of life had such simple problems :-)
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Close enough hotel to kittery region"
It is located on the center of the town and Close to many restorants. Room was clean, but it was a classic motor lounge. Breakfast was satisfactory.
Response by Days Inn Dover
So glad to hear that you enjoyed our Downtown Dover location, and were able to walk to many restaurants. We do offer interior rooms which are poolside for those who want to be inside as well as our exterior rooms.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
erkan
I enjoyed my stay. Especially the hot tub.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Fine place to stay"
Little old, but pool was great. The hot the hot tub was also great. Breakfast was nice.
Response by Days Inn Dover
Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed our hot tub and pool. We have the new Day Break Breakfast so glad you liked it. We have some remodeling plans when it slows down.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
dave
"nice place to just sleep...."
#1 Hotel personnel had no idea had to get to a location that was just 5 miles away, and did not even offer to help us find it. Went to another business on the street and was directed to location. #2 Breakfast room was so inadequate - very small selection of food and tiny room. Had a tiny cup of coffee, tiny apple, tiny tiny container of yogurt My husband had a terrible, pre-cooked pancake. Left there and went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Karin Ann Esposito
"Nice hotel for overnight stay"
Used the room to drop kids off from camp after 4 1/2 hours of driving. Close to a few malls and lots of restaurants within a 10 min drive. Room was small but served its purpose for overnight stay. Pool is right off lobby, small but good for kids and Jacuzzi right next to it. Breakfast was pancakes, cereal , eggs, toast, omelets with cheese.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014