All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
1386 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Looking for sun"
When we arrived we were greeted by an apathetic desk clerk who really seemed irritated that we were there. The lock to access the 2nd floor rooms was broken and easily accessible by anyone off the street. The room was comfortable and had all we needed for our visit. It is close to areas of interest which was good. Overall, I would rate this as an Okay place to stay, but my other experiences have been for a higher quality hotel.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Really Comfortable and Romantic"
My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in town. The facility was really nice and open. There was garage parking which was nice because it was raining. We were on the second floor, the common area was covered with large skylights for lots of natural light. There were patios all around to hangout outside. The room itself was very cozy and romantic. The king bed was next to a gas fireplace giving great late night mood lighting. There was a small private patio outside. The bathroom was large, had a light built into the mirror and comfy bath robes to use. The room overall felt very private and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Too noisy!"
We were given a room that backs up to a busy street. The cars driving by all night were loud. The hotel really needs to upgrade the windows. Maybe this would improve the noise level. We were not well rested, we will not choose this hotel in the future. It didn't feel worthy of the 4 stars it had on the site hotels.com. Maybe 2-3 stars. The room was clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Limitations"
The room had one chair and no space in the bathroom to put down any personal items.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
"Favorite monterrey hotel"
One of the nicer hotels in the area for the price. I always try to stay here if it's available. Parking can get a little tight at night. Room service needs to clean behind the bed. Lots of dust balls. Love having the extra room of the sofa. Sunlights in room and bathroom. Duvet covers.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Timothy
"Adequate Motel, Bad Location"
We needed a reservation for a last-minute 3 day trip to Monterey and were happy to find a decent price at the Mariposa Inn. There's nothing wrong with this place, the small rooms are well turned-out and clean, but you are greeted by a shabby parking lot with a huge open-aired garbage container and chipped up, grimy narrow hallways leading to the rooms. The beautifully portrayed fire pits were closed for the season, even though temperatures were in the seventies the whole time we were there. The pool was surrounded by trash and the hot tub was luke warm.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
TG in SF
"Good stay"
we had a good time and the hotel was clean and well appointed. There were a number of minor annoyances that seemed unnecessary. Cigarette smoke was hard to avoid, despite the "no smoking" signs. Construction and delivery staff made parking and movement a challenge. Still, overall, a nice place and a good "stay".
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Stephen
"Hotel is convenient"
Hotel is convenient to shopping center. Room is ok. Breakfast is good.
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Fiti
"nice staff and free access to local gym"
Nice staff. Access to local health club in Pacific Grove was a plus.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
raymond
"Awesome Room!"
Never made it to the pool or spa, but the room was incredible. We went with the King bed and fireplace room. Absolutely great! I don't have a single negative thing to say about the hotel. I just wish our stay was longer than just one night.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
ryan
"Just 1 night stay in Monterey"
We were there just for the night, the building looked a little tired and dirty on the outside, trash on the doormats in from of room etc. We were pleasantly surprised by the room itself, updated fixtures, nice beds. We were on a room towards the street, the rooms towards the back of the building appeared to be in better condition, at least from the outside.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Perfectly relaxing."
The employees were all very friendly. The room was very comfortable and relaxing for us with a lovely fireplace! A spa and heated pool was a pleasant bonus. The breakfast in the morning was great with a little bit of everything to suite anyone.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"AT&T Pro-Am Monterey Stay 2-10-15 through 2-14-15"
It was extremely nice. It was close to everything that I needed for my stay there. The staff person that I met upon arriving was very helpful and pleasant. I did not experience any of the other negative issues listed(such as dogs or smoke smell). The only down-side would be the staff person that assisted me upon my departure as I was checking out the last day. He wasn't sure if I was registered. This was a little disconcerning, but considering I was checking out, I figured, what the heck and turn in my room keys. Internet was awesome here. One touch number password and I was in. Not like my last stay in S.F. Even though my room looked out to Munras Avenue, I didn't hear, nor was I bothered by any noise to speak of. I loved having a fridge and microwave in the room. Note, turn the fridge setting halfway between off and max (otherwise it will turn itself off).
4 night trip Feb 10, 2015
Joyce
"Family friendly"
Great setup for families with the hotels townhouse option.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Lynn Wood
"Will not stay here again."
We stayed in room 102 and it was in bad need of cleaning and repair. The ceiling was falling apart in several locations. The window shade slates were broken. The walls and doors were dirty including the bath door. The heater did not work, only a yellow light would come on appearing that the heater was working. The night staff was not helpful nor friendly. There were not enough parking spaces so one guest parked behind our car and staff had to get them out of their room to move their car.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"hotel was like self service hotel and very basic"
Rooms are shown on the photos nice and listed items are there but reality is different. room was so tiny had no closet. hotel staff during check in were terrible. After 25 hrs of flight time they were so rude and had no empathy. Never worth the money i spent.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Hulya
Great place to stay! Will be coming back for sure!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, conveniently located"
Needed hotel for over night stay near Monterey. Served purpose well.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
M&M
"Needs TLC but potential is there!"
It was OK. The room needs a sprucing up. The bathroom rack was loose on the wall. The tile needs to be redone. The carpet was stained in the sitting area. The door was not a solid connection when closed. The hall needed to be painted and the elevator was well used and not the cleanest. The place has potential with a redo. I liked the garden area with pool and hot tub. I also liked the parking garage. The first thing I would do is clean the public areas and paint. The location was convenient and the staff was nice. I would stay there again for the price.
3 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Pleasant but probably would stay somewhere else"
Hotel was nice, staff were great, not the best neighborhood. Charge an additional $15 a day to use the Jacuzzi which i thought was ridiculous.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Marissa
"Great Place to Stay!"
We were in town for the AT&T Pro Am and it was the perfect spot to stay. The room and bath were very clean and nicely furnished. The fireplace was a nice treat as was the jetted tub in the room.
2 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2015
"Very nice hotel, will definitely be back"
This was a nice surprise. We were very pleased with our room. The fireplace was very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. Make sure you go to breakfast early for the delicious pastries they get from a local bakery.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Billi
"Lovely room, only a few downsides"
Great room, although our room had some traffic noise and a very noisy toilet.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice Getaway"
The hotel was very comfortable, enjoyed the fireplace and breakfast. The location was central to everything, Carmel, cannery row, wharf and Pacific Grove.
3 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"nice hotel next to the mall"
Stayed for three nights didn't have any problems besides the dirty sinks. Comfortable rooms with fireplace, free breakfast and close to downtown and the wharf.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Ask before you book"
Very smal room! Did not find out about the $40 per night pet fee till I checked in!
6 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Roy
"would go back again."
The whole stay was pretty good. like the fireplace in the room. room was comfy and breakfast was good too.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"review"
room too dark. some lights not working and staff did not have replacement because maintenance staff did not work on weekend. good shower. somewhat difficult to locate and entrance only on oneway side of large blvd.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"What's in a name?"
This isn't an inn and I certainly wasn't in a suite. I either wasn't looking carefully enough at the photos or reading the reviews closely because I expected both to be the case for some reason... It's an upscale motor lodge next door to a Super 8. Small. There were some nice touches...plush bathrobes, relatively luxurious linens, decent toiletries. However, there were several shortcomings. I made a note on my reservation and called ahead specifically to make sure it was ok and that they were expecting me and my cat. I've never taken her to a hotel, or motel, or inn..."Of course! No problem!" They had no idea when I arrived that she'd be with me, until the nice woman behind the desk actually looked at the screen and read my note out loud. Embarrassing. Then I was a little worried that she might cry if I left her in the room for a portion of the day so I called the front desk. I planned to give them a heads up, make sure they had my cell if needed and to be on my way. No. I was not allowed to leave the hotel with her in the room. Apparently very few people travel with cats. Pet friendly (including cats) really means dog friendly. Silly me. The decor is seriously outdated and in disrepair. The blinds are falling apart and the windows poorly insulated, on a building fronting a busy thoroughfare. A towel rack fell off the wall when I, yes, placed a towel on it. Not impressed. Would not consider returning.
2 night trip Feb 2, 2015
Jed
Great location. Very convenience to Restaurant, golf course, bay...
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"No complaints except for upstairs neighbors!"
Everything perfect from the layout of the room to the comfort of the bed to the balcony and the fireplace in our room ! All very romantic, but then the neighbors upstairs kept us up most of the night and heard children screaming and slamming doors in the morning !
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
natalia
"Perfect Boutique Hotel in Monterey"
Cute boutique hotel with a cozy ambiance. The in room fire place, hardwood floors and upgraded fixtures made me feel right at home!
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Ashley
"Great hotel but has noisy floors"
Really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff was very friendly, had plenty of room to park and the room was very nice. We also enjoyed the hotel at night which was very nice and clean. The only problem I had was how loud the noise of the floors above you are. We woke up in the middle of the night to the people in the room above us walking around. They weren't doing anything but walking, but it created a loud creaking sound throughout our room. We called the hotel staff to ask the occupants in the room above us to try and be more quite. After that, it was very quiet.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"The night in Monterey."
Just OK The room was very small but the bed was comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Convenient. Easy access to activities"
Late January is a wonderful time to visit Monterey; 74 degrees on the beach, bike rides and loads of activities. Amazing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Diamond Mike
"Affordable hotel close to Carmel"
First night was perfect-- clean room and wonderful breakfast options the next morning. However, that was not the case for the second night-- we found a bug in the bathroom and the breakfast was not up to par the second morning (food was not refilled at the same rate as previous).
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Felipe
"a perfect weekend getaway"
I didn't get to enjoy this hotel as much as I would like to have done because we arrived very late due to poor planning on my part. The establishment is very good with high end furniture and fixtures throughout. We were upgraded to a townhouse type room with an upstairs and diwnstsirs.....2 bathrooms and a Murphy bed downstairs; perfect if traveling with friends. The property isn't large and is situated in a neighborhood but you will feel like you are at a resort with all they offer. It is very close to downtown Monterey and the coast, so it makes a great location for a base camp to explore things. The furniture has scratches from use but it is good quality. The beds are great to sleep in for a good nite rest,the staff are friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be stay here again on my next trip to Monterey.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Sterling
"Second stay"
We've stayed here heifer. The rooms are updated and beds are comfy. Great location, close to shopping, food and freeway.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Monika
"You only get 1 chance at making a first impression"
When we arrived at 10pm the woman behind the counter was not friendly. I would say she was not happy to be there. We were not sure we made the right choice but things got better. The room was clean, the fireplace was great and the maid service staff was quite helpful and nice. Only one chair in our room and no small table. Made it hard to enjoy snacks. Microwave and fridge should be accompanied by small table w/chairs. Also, no soap dish in shower. Small thing but annoying. We would go here again but will entertain other options next time.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Jeffery
"Great value for the Money"
Perfect spot for our little family.We have stayed at this property before and everything was perfect. This last time, we were not as impressed with the service at the front desk in the evening, the room was not as clean and the outdoor fire pits were out of propane.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
PATRICE
"Fun great nice"
Great place Friendly staff
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Allison
"great weekend getaway"
Large room, perfect if you have kids...would stay here again
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Wonderful Place To Stay"
My fiancé and I have stayed here three times now, and have never been disappointed. Definitely recommend the townhouse! The townhouse has two floors, on the first floor there is a wonderful fireplace with a pull out bed, television and full bath and shower. On the second floor their is a nice queen size bed, and full bath and shower. It is directly across the street from the Del Monte mall and 5 minutes from Canary Row.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Mauricio
"Horrible beds"
We dealt with an attitude that we were 2nd class since we booked through Expedia for our stay.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Pleasant, clean hotel"
Easy access to downtown area of Monterey and Carmel. Rooms were spacious, clean and quiet altho they could benefit from some repair to dings on furniture. Showers were stiff, hard to operate. Beds were comfortable. I'd consider staying there again on a future trip to the Monterey/Carmel area.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Del Monte is a nice area; not near the beach"
The lady at the reception desk was very friendly and informative. The décor and color scheme was very pleasing to the eye. We enjoyed the fire place in the room along with the microwave and mini refrigerator. The complimentary bottled water was a nice touch. The only issue of concern that my family and I had was that the beds were not very comfortable; and honestly, we are not that picky. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and we will come back again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Camille
"Romantic weekend"
Romantic get away. Spa room nice but needs some maintenance. No table not much sitting area. Spa very small. Best part was the shower for two with two shower heads right across the street from the mall but a fair trek still to the beach. Breakfast was adequate but not spectacular. Would stay again if got a good deal
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"best suite ive had for my money"
This house room was awesome so cozy kids loved it. Heated pools a plus. Morning breakfast was good. the only issue i saw was the couch needed to be cleaned. Every one minds there own business. And the plus side everything you need ia across the street. No
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Wendy
"A Good Value"
Ab excellent choice for the price
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Ervin
"Close to Hwy. 1"
Nice property and rooms, can't beat it for the price!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015