All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
1386 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice place - good service"
We had just one night and enjoyed our stay at Mariposa Inn. Checkin and out were smooth, room was quiet. Location is convenient and justified by the lower cost. Breakfast was surprisingly rich! A young man put his heart into serving everyone and making sure all guests are happy with their breakfast. Thank you Daniel!
Other trip May 3, 2015
Dimitre
"unpleasant experience"
The hotel is an upgraded motel. That says all about the facilities. The bedding was horrible and after we talked to the staff, she agreed to get it changed. Also the pet fee is very expensive comparing to other pet friendly hotels in the area. I would not stay at the hotel and not recommend it to others.
1 night trip with friends Nov 25, 2014
"Quiet spot"
easily accessible to many services within walking distance
5 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"Loved proximity to local attractions."
Staff were helpful, courteous and friendly! Mattress was HARD! There were a couple of minor maintenance issues that needed attention! Wallpaper lifting in bathroom.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Great stay! Staff was very nice. Continental breakfast delicious!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Monterey getaway at the Mariposa"
Room was very clean with comfortable bed and nice patio.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Harold
"Getaway"
Stayed for 3 nights - It was nice and quiet.
3 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Good location."
Average motel that could stand cosmetic improvements. Room heater not working. Room comfortable. Good bed. Overall ok.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"PBFW"
nice stay, beautiful location. 1 area that could be better. The limited shelf space in the bathroom is problematic. More shelves would make toiletry usage easier.
3 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
"Close to nearby attractions"
Room was very clean and comfortable. We booked a double queen bed room and were surprised to have basically a two floor suite with two bathrooms and TVs and a fireplace. The location was very convenient.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
L
The room was quite comfortable and looked newly renovated. Decorations are fun, with a bay theme. The kid loved the fireplace with its on/off switch.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Just don't use the shower."
They had the worst showerhead I have ever experienced. It was mounted way too high and just gave off a very light spray. I have never had such an unsatisfying shower. Other than that, the room was comfortable and the check in person was very helpful.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Mariposa"
The rooms were rather small, not updated, and adequate. The lighting wasn't very good--especially in the bathroom. The bed was OK, but not great. There was a huge stain on the rug which made me feel uneasy about walking barefoot on the carpet. The location was fine. It's hard to rate the service, as we didn't use it really.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Lynda
"Comfortable stay."
The room was nice and comfortable. The location was good. No complaints!
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Great place"
Everything was excellent!
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"Perfect getaway"
Very nice and relaxing hotel. Was a little unsure at first when we pulled in to check in, but once we recieved our key to the room I was amazed. Perfect size room the fireplace was perfect and patio was really nice. Overall a great trip in a nice location next to the shopping center and about 7 minutes away from the Aquarium and maybe 10 from the beach.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
anthony
"we had a enjoyable stay"
My husband and I with are 3 kids stayed 2 nights. It was for a little getaway. The rooms are comfortable and cozy but still had enough room. It has nice pool and a couple nice outside lounge areas. We like that it had free breakfast, nothing special but we are family that wakes up hungry, so perfect for us. It also had free WiFi and parking. The only thing I could complain about is the towel are rough. They could use some fabric softener. We would stay again. My family and I enjoyed our stay and we slept good.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Linsey
"Horrible"
Dirty
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
alicia
We enjoyed our stay very much, we traveled from the SF Bay Area to go to the aquarium. We have a baby and we like to stay in suites for the additional space our family needs. We would have preferred the sitting area in the king suite to not be separate from the bedroom but it was nice. We loved the fireplace especially since it rained overnight! We were looking forward to spending time in the outdoor heated pool with the baby but due to construction it was closed although this was not posted on the website...if so, we would have stayed elsewhere.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
RODNEY
"It has potential!"
Mariposa is perhaps a step above the rest of the motels in the area, and a reasonably priced hotel, nice amenities such as bathrobes. Furthermore, rooms in the 100 building do not have heat, had two wait until second night for a space heater, our room woulsprobably be an out of order rom at most hotels radio was unplugged and TV was not set to turn on. Breakfast is an adequate continentail with a very nice friendly attendant. Not sure I will stay again
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Domingo
"nice hotel, convenient location, nice amenities"
Only drawback was the wifii. I contacted the front desk who suggested I call the carrier, Kyber. They said they would reset the wifii, but it still didn't work. Other than that, the experience was very good. The room was well decorated, nice size flat screen TV, fireplace, and refrigerator. Nice breakfast area with good service.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"nice and quiet"
it s a nice place. it s quiet and clean room. maybe my room is not close to street. highly recommended
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
brown
Stayed for an anniversary trip. The room wasn't as clean as I prefer, and the shower got all backed up from a quick 5 minute shower. Took 10 minutes to drain out. For the price it was what I expected. It was a couple minute drive down to cannery row so it was a fairly convenient location. The continental breakfast was a plus.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Good Stay in Monterey"
Good Stay. Had been for a weekend. Breakfast was okay. The best part of the room was the fireplace.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"two story rooms"
second time I stayed there. Really liked the two story rooms. Will stay there again
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Looking for sun"
When we arrived we were greeted by an apathetic desk clerk who really seemed irritated that we were there. The lock to access the 2nd floor rooms was broken and easily accessible by anyone off the street. The room was comfortable and had all we needed for our visit. It is close to areas of interest which was good. Overall, I would rate this as an Okay place to stay, but my other experiences have been for a higher quality hotel.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Really Comfortable and Romantic"
My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in town. The facility was really nice and open. There was garage parking which was nice because it was raining. We were on the second floor, the common area was covered with large skylights for lots of natural light. There were patios all around to hangout outside. The room itself was very cozy and romantic. The king bed was next to a gas fireplace giving great late night mood lighting. There was a small private patio outside. The bathroom was large, had a light built into the mirror and comfy bath robes to use. The room overall felt very private and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Too noisy!"
We were given a room that backs up to a busy street. The cars driving by all night were loud. The hotel really needs to upgrade the windows. Maybe this would improve the noise level. We were not well rested, we will not choose this hotel in the future. It didn't feel worthy of the 4 stars it had on the site hotels.com. Maybe 2-3 stars. The room was clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Limitations"
The room had one chair and no space in the bathroom to put down any personal items.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
"Favorite monterrey hotel"
One of the nicer hotels in the area for the price. I always try to stay here if it's available. Parking can get a little tight at night. Room service needs to clean behind the bed. Lots of dust balls. Love having the extra room of the sofa. Sunlights in room and bathroom. Duvet covers.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Timothy
"Adequate Motel, Bad Location"
We needed a reservation for a last-minute 3 day trip to Monterey and were happy to find a decent price at the Mariposa Inn. There's nothing wrong with this place, the small rooms are well turned-out and clean, but you are greeted by a shabby parking lot with a huge open-aired garbage container and chipped up, grimy narrow hallways leading to the rooms. The beautifully portrayed fire pits were closed for the season, even though temperatures were in the seventies the whole time we were there. The pool was surrounded by trash and the hot tub was luke warm.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
TG in SF
"Good stay"
we had a good time and the hotel was clean and well appointed. There were a number of minor annoyances that seemed unnecessary. Cigarette smoke was hard to avoid, despite the "no smoking" signs. Construction and delivery staff made parking and movement a challenge. Still, overall, a nice place and a good "stay".
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Stephen
"Hotel is convenient"
Hotel is convenient to shopping center. Room is ok. Breakfast is good.
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Fiti
"nice staff and free access to local gym"
Nice staff. Access to local health club in Pacific Grove was a plus.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
raymond
"Awesome Room!"
Never made it to the pool or spa, but the room was incredible. We went with the King bed and fireplace room. Absolutely great! I don't have a single negative thing to say about the hotel. I just wish our stay was longer than just one night.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
ryan
"Just 1 night stay in Monterey"
We were there just for the night, the building looked a little tired and dirty on the outside, trash on the doormats in from of room etc. We were pleasantly surprised by the room itself, updated fixtures, nice beds. We were on a room towards the street, the rooms towards the back of the building appeared to be in better condition, at least from the outside.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Perfectly relaxing."
The employees were all very friendly. The room was very comfortable and relaxing for us with a lovely fireplace! A spa and heated pool was a pleasant bonus. The breakfast in the morning was great with a little bit of everything to suite anyone.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"AT&T Pro-Am Monterey Stay 2-10-15 through 2-14-15"
It was extremely nice. It was close to everything that I needed for my stay there. The staff person that I met upon arriving was very helpful and pleasant. I did not experience any of the other negative issues listed(such as dogs or smoke smell). The only down-side would be the staff person that assisted me upon my departure as I was checking out the last day. He wasn't sure if I was registered. This was a little disconcerning, but considering I was checking out, I figured, what the heck and turn in my room keys. Internet was awesome here. One touch number password and I was in. Not like my last stay in S.F. Even though my room looked out to Munras Avenue, I didn't hear, nor was I bothered by any noise to speak of. I loved having a fridge and microwave in the room. Note, turn the fridge setting halfway between off and max (otherwise it will turn itself off).
4 night trip Feb 10, 2015
Joyce
"Family friendly"
Great setup for families with the hotels townhouse option.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Lynn Wood
"Will not stay here again."
We stayed in room 102 and it was in bad need of cleaning and repair. The ceiling was falling apart in several locations. The window shade slates were broken. The walls and doors were dirty including the bath door. The heater did not work, only a yellow light would come on appearing that the heater was working. The night staff was not helpful nor friendly. There were not enough parking spaces so one guest parked behind our car and staff had to get them out of their room to move their car.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"hotel was like self service hotel and very basic"
Rooms are shown on the photos nice and listed items are there but reality is different. room was so tiny had no closet. hotel staff during check in were terrible. After 25 hrs of flight time they were so rude and had no empathy. Never worth the money i spent.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Hulya
Great place to stay! Will be coming back for sure!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, conveniently located"
Needed hotel for over night stay near Monterey. Served purpose well.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
M&M
"Needs TLC but potential is there!"
It was OK. The room needs a sprucing up. The bathroom rack was loose on the wall. The tile needs to be redone. The carpet was stained in the sitting area. The door was not a solid connection when closed. The hall needed to be painted and the elevator was well used and not the cleanest. The place has potential with a redo. I liked the garden area with pool and hot tub. I also liked the parking garage. The first thing I would do is clean the public areas and paint. The location was convenient and the staff was nice. I would stay there again for the price.
3 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Pleasant but probably would stay somewhere else"
Hotel was nice, staff were great, not the best neighborhood. Charge an additional $15 a day to use the Jacuzzi which i thought was ridiculous.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Marissa
"Great Place to Stay!"
We were in town for the AT&T Pro Am and it was the perfect spot to stay. The room and bath were very clean and nicely furnished. The fireplace was a nice treat as was the jetted tub in the room.
2 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2015
"Very nice hotel, will definitely be back"
This was a nice surprise. We were very pleased with our room. The fireplace was very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. Make sure you go to breakfast early for the delicious pastries they get from a local bakery.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Billi
"Lovely room, only a few downsides"
Great room, although our room had some traffic noise and a very noisy toilet.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice Getaway"
The hotel was very comfortable, enjoyed the fireplace and breakfast. The location was central to everything, Carmel, cannery row, wharf and Pacific Grove.
3 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"nice hotel next to the mall"
Stayed for three nights didn't have any problems besides the dirty sinks. Comfortable rooms with fireplace, free breakfast and close to downtown and the wharf.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015