All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1386 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient. Easy access to activities"
Late January is a wonderful time to visit Monterey; 74 degrees on the beach, bike rides and loads of activities. Amazing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Diamond Mike
"Affordable hotel close to Carmel"
First night was perfect-- clean room and wonderful breakfast options the next morning. However, that was not the case for the second night-- we found a bug in the bathroom and the breakfast was not up to par the second morning (food was not refilled at the same rate as previous).
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Felipe
"a perfect weekend getaway"
I didn't get to enjoy this hotel as much as I would like to have done because we arrived very late due to poor planning on my part. The establishment is very good with high end furniture and fixtures throughout. We were upgraded to a townhouse type room with an upstairs and diwnstsirs.....2 bathrooms and a Murphy bed downstairs; perfect if traveling with friends. The property isn't large and is situated in a neighborhood but you will feel like you are at a resort with all they offer. It is very close to downtown Monterey and the coast, so it makes a great location for a base camp to explore things. The furniture has scratches from use but it is good quality. The beds are great to sleep in for a good nite rest,the staff are friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be stay here again on my next trip to Monterey.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Sterling
"Second stay"
We've stayed here heifer. The rooms are updated and beds are comfy. Great location, close to shopping, food and freeway.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Monika
"You only get 1 chance at making a first impression"
When we arrived at 10pm the woman behind the counter was not friendly. I would say she was not happy to be there. We were not sure we made the right choice but things got better. The room was clean, the fireplace was great and the maid service staff was quite helpful and nice. Only one chair in our room and no small table. Made it hard to enjoy snacks. Microwave and fridge should be accompanied by small table w/chairs. Also, no soap dish in shower. Small thing but annoying. We would go here again but will entertain other options next time.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Jeffery
"Great value for the Money"
Perfect spot for our little family.We have stayed at this property before and everything was perfect. This last time, we were not as impressed with the service at the front desk in the evening, the room was not as clean and the outdoor fire pits were out of propane.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
PATRICE
"Fun great nice"
Great place Friendly staff
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Allison
"great weekend getaway"
Large room, perfect if you have kids...would stay here again
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Wonderful Place To Stay"
My fiancé and I have stayed here three times now, and have never been disappointed. Definitely recommend the townhouse! The townhouse has two floors, on the first floor there is a wonderful fireplace with a pull out bed, television and full bath and shower. On the second floor their is a nice queen size bed, and full bath and shower. It is directly across the street from the Del Monte mall and 5 minutes from Canary Row.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Mauricio
"Horrible beds"
We dealt with an attitude that we were 2nd class since we booked through Expedia for our stay.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Pleasant, clean hotel"
Easy access to downtown area of Monterey and Carmel. Rooms were spacious, clean and quiet altho they could benefit from some repair to dings on furniture. Showers were stiff, hard to operate. Beds were comfortable. I'd consider staying there again on a future trip to the Monterey/Carmel area.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Del Monte is a nice area; not near the beach"
The lady at the reception desk was very friendly and informative. The décor and color scheme was very pleasing to the eye. We enjoyed the fire place in the room along with the microwave and mini refrigerator. The complimentary bottled water was a nice touch. The only issue of concern that my family and I had was that the beds were not very comfortable; and honestly, we are not that picky. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and we will come back again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Camille
"Romantic weekend"
Romantic get away. Spa room nice but needs some maintenance. No table not much sitting area. Spa very small. Best part was the shower for two with two shower heads right across the street from the mall but a fair trek still to the beach. Breakfast was adequate but not spectacular. Would stay again if got a good deal
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"best suite ive had for my money"
This house room was awesome so cozy kids loved it. Heated pools a plus. Morning breakfast was good. the only issue i saw was the couch needed to be cleaned. Every one minds there own business. And the plus side everything you need ia across the street. No
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Wendy
"A Good Value"
Ab excellent choice for the price
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Ervin
"Close to Hwy. 1"
Nice property and rooms, can't beat it for the price!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice, updated rooms"
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"It Was Like My HoneyMoon"
Wow! How can I explain. The experience that me and my boyfriend went it was above and beyond. We were not expecting the Jacuzzi at all. I felt really comfortable staying at that hotel. If I could stay again, I would do it once again. The lady in the front desk was very helpful, the inside looks cleaned and it smell great! I was only there 1 night but I wished I could've stay another night. My Boyfriend and I, were very happy to have Reserved Mariposa Inn & Suites.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Carmen
"Clean & Comfortable Stay"
Last minute booking for 5 adults in 2 rooms. They upgraded our rooms to the townhouse floorplan (Murphy bed downstairs and King bed upstairs) so we were very comfortable and had plenty of room. Breakfast included waffles, fruit, coffee, juice and had good assortment. Hot tub was great too!
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
Angela
"Very Comfortable"
Centrally located with easy access to most of Monterey's attractions (Aquarium, Cannery Row, Fishermans Wharf, 17-mile Drive etc). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean but did show some need for repair (window blinds were broken - 2nd showerhead in shower was not working - cracked receptacles covers, etc). Didn't get a chance to use the Jacuzzi but it was very clean. Fireplace in room was a great feature. Ample garage parking and Wi-Fi worked perfectly.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Stacy
Nice place to stay and liked the accommodations. It was quiet and we liked the fireplace.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Cozy, comfy, & modern"
We were celebrating our anniversary New Year's day. We loved our room and cozy fireplace. We don't prefer the outdoor room access, but didn't seem to bother us much here. The bed and pillows were comfy, but we had to ask for an extra blanket. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would recommed.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Bilaal
"A bit disappointing."
Activity in the room above ours, though only walking around and stuff (no kids or tv) sounded like deep stomping, and it kept me awake till the neighbor settled down after 1am. My husband found the water in the jacuzzi much too green to enter (you couldn't see the bottom of the 3ft tub). My son disliked that when you walked to the bathroom at night, automatic sensors turned not one, but two bright lights on, for guidance. This had the effect of waking everyone up again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Dani
The only complaint is that I requested a room with a fireplace. Truth is we spent more time sightseeing and never missed it. I will be back for a fireplace room next time.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Jerome
"Cozy Fireplace!"
We stayed at the Mariposa Inn five nights and were very happy with the experience. First of all, our room had a gas fireplace which was awesome! Since we were there the end of December and first of January, it really helped keep the room warm and toasty. All of the staff, from the front desk to the housekeeping, were very friendly and helpful. We needed to extend our stay three extra nights, and they gave us a very good rate for the additional nights. The only reason I didn't give the room comfort the highest rating was because the bed was pretty hard and the pillows could have been of better quality. We enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning and really appreciated being able to park our car free of charge. We will definitely stay at Mariposa Inn the next time we're in Monterey.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Brenda
"New Year Stay"
Didn't appreciate the rude call at 11:09am that check out time was at 11am and not at noon. I apologized for not realizing check out time and I still got attitude. Stayed in this hotel before and this time (not only for the call either) the experience was not as good from the front desk.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Cool hotel layout"
Very comfortable room with fireplace. Friendly staff. Had to leave the next day before staff was available at front desk but there were no issues having someone come down for us to check out. Interesting hotel layout that at first had us lost but still really cool.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Hitomi
"Top choice in Solvang"
We were there during the holidays, and Solvang was very busy. The hotel was easy to find, and had plenty of convenient parking. We were checked in very efficiently, and then were very impressed by how hard the front desk person worked to find us dinner reservations. The first two places he called were full and the third one was too busy to pick up the phone. As promised, he later called our room with our dinner reservation. He had provided a map, and we were able to walk to the restaurant. Our room was nicer than expected, and I loved the Thymes bath products. The beds were comfortable and the room was kept at a good constant temperature. We were in a two-queen room on the top floor, which only had a (nice) shower. Our traveling companion had a ground floor king room, and was thrilled with her oversized bathtub!Our check out was as smooth as the check in. I would recommend this hotel, and will certainly choose this hotel if in the area again.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
LIsa
Sheets had a few stains, that would be my only compliant.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Jess
"Nice place to stay!"
My husband and I needed a last minute place to stay in Monterey and I'm so glad we happened upon this place! Luckily we booked the Townhouse; what a great use of space and it was so nice to have two bathrooms. King sized bed upstairs was on the firm side but comfy. Our room faced the road and road noise was not an issue at all. Gas fireplace downstairs by the couch and murphy bed kept us toasty and warmed up the upstairs nicely. Everything was very clean, Caroline at the front desk and the cleaning staff were delightful! Loved not having to pay extra for parking and wifi. (If you want to download at a fast speed sit in the Lobby... but it's fine for Pinterest or something of that nature.) The morning breakfast was adequate with two waffle makers, coffee, yogurt, fruit and cereal, etc. Didn't use the pool or spa so can't comment on those. We will be back!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Jules
"Great rooms"
Just the elevator as to condition - very scary!
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Melisa
"Ok, for the price I've got."
It was "Ok".
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"A standard room for normal people."
My wife and I had a completely adequate stay in this perfectly acceptable hotel.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Decent hotel"
The pictures give the appearance of a larger room. I had a king with the chaises lounge. There's a bench at the foot of the bed that is unnecessary and you tend to run into it as there isn't a lot of room between the bed and the desk. Overall very clean and comfortable though a little cramped and busy. I would consider rearranging the pictures and mirror to give a "cleaner" arrangement. I would stay there again but would maybe try one of the rooms with a fireplace (maybe they're a little bigger) and ask for something further away from the street as Munras is pretty busy.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"This is not hotel it is motel"
We got a room on main road noise.we ask to switch room.and we were told that if we want we can clear the room and if we have argument we can call Expedia . The receptionist was antiseptic. I don׳t recommend you to send visitors to this hotel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Pros & Cons"
It was a little farther than I thought it would be from the Aquarium and Cannery Row, but it is a very nice hotel. The room was quiet which is a plus in my book. The area they have for continental breakfast is very cramped (it was very cold when we were there, so outside seating wasn't a good idea). Overall I enjoyed my stay, and they do have a shopping center across the street, which I liked (more than my hubby).
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Grace
"old rooms"
The room looks very old and it smells funny.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Worst place I ever stayed in."
Hotel & room condition was pathetic. Room service was awful. Please stay away from fake reviews.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Sunil
"Fine for the price"
A decent hotel. The room was nice enough. Clean and efficient. Pet friendly. Breakfast was not noteworthy.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Great clean hotel"
Had a wonderful stay. Opt for a larger room it will be worth it. Very clean and close to highway. Modern and artistic in the rooms.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Saeed
"Good hotel for the price!"
It was great! Worth every penny I paid... Had only one problem with heating in my room. But when I called the front desk, they came and changed the batteries right away. Then it was working. Enjoyed my stay here with a nice amenities they have.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Sukhada
"Run-down hotel, bad service"
The hotel is conveniently located close to the highway. The room was clean, but the hotel as a whole is run down. Parts in the shower were not operational. When I called the reception desk for help they said that someone will get back to me, but they never did. I ended up finding a workaround which was very inconvenient. The breakfast room is very small and could not hold the crowds when the hotel was full.
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Lovely place to stay!"
A lovely place to stay in Monterey! We had a nice view from our upstairs suite. There was a fireplace in our room and a separate 'living room'... two flat screen TVs. Comfortable king sized bed with lots of pillows. Great home base for whale and butterfly watching.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Janet
"A clean place to stay."
The location is convenient. Room is clean. Complimentary breakfast is good with different varieties of foods although it will be better if more fruits are served. Cigarette smell can be felt in the outside walking area.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Would not stay in the future."
The room was small and dark and dirty.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Fantastic Service! Super friendly"
Could not have asked for better service. I believe the front desk manager's name was Sherry. We drove through the night from San Diego, arriving in Monterrey around 6am. I called the Inn and Sherry not only got us checked in early (around 11:30am), but she upgrade our room because the one we booked would not be ready until 2pm or so! The next day, she also gave us wonderful recommendations for our drive through Big Sur. Best service I have received in a very long time.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Jacob
"Cute place"
Just stayed for a single night. The walls were a little thin but mostly it was an enjoyable stay. Loved the robes.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2014
"Cleanliness not a priority at this hotel"
Please don't be captivated by the fireplace. Breakfast was inedible, room was dirty, tv didn't work. The only good thing about this hotel was the fireplace. But it's unacceptable to put people in a dirty room!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
janelle
Great room. Very clean. Nice selection for breakfast. The staff was very friendly. Covered parking a real plus too..
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Gene
"More than expected"
We stayed for just one night, arrived after check-in time. Never had easiest check in ever. The room was clean and fresh with two queen beds. The room was big enough for four people, has a balcony. The room was quiet, however it faces a street not really busy in the morning. We didn't have problems finding our room, the elevator from the parking lot is great surprise in rainy evening. Fireplace is just perfect, however it was a little noisy. The conclusion of our stay - everyone was satisfied with the stay. Definitely will stay again!!!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014