All hotels in Seaside, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1893 Fremont Blvd, Seaside, CA, 93955, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.7
"Good stay great price"
Super Friendly staff, close to aquarium and Cannery Row
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"High Hopes"
I was not pleased with the cleanliness of the room at all. The carpet was dirty and damp; We were not comfortable walking around the room bare foot. Had to wear our flip flops all the time. The A/C was pretty dusty. I know most people use their cell phones for almost anything, but the desk phone still needs to be dusted once in a while.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
CF
"You get what you pay for."
Hotel is older with little to no upgrades. Suite is like two conjoined rooms with a kitchenette in the middle. Beds are old and springy, our table was falling apart and had a rolling desk chair and a folding chair as furniture. No flat screens here, TV's are old hotel style. There is no pool and the hot tub was not very inviting. Room didn't feel very clean. Several construction workers stayed the same night I did and they were drinking all night and were being loud. I'm not sure if this is common here. This is comparable to a Motel 6. I would reccomed this if you need to have a quick affair but not for vacation of family.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"So clean, the carpets were still wet?"
This stay was a bit below mediocre. The room it self was clean and the hotel sorta cute on the outside with the potted flowers. The carpets had been cleaned right before we arrived and were not dry. There was a strong musty smell for this reason. The beds were not comfortable at all. You could feel the springs. BIG PROBLEM with other guests making noise. There was a huge group of guys staying in the hotel who would hang around right outside of their rooms drinking and smoking and playing very loud music. We called the front desk twice about this, we were told by the receptionist that it would be handled right away - nothing happened and the annoyance continued. As two young ladies staying a this hotel, I feel it is inappropriate to let a huge group of men drinking and smoking right outside of the rooms and then be leering at us as went to our car or the vending machines. I would not return to this hotel nor recommend it. But it was cheap, you get what you pay for..?
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Kris
The room we stayed in was very dirty and beds look like they never been changed:( the breakfast was good:)but rooms very sad:(
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Neddy
"Dirty and uncomfortable"
My girlfriend and I both woke up with sore backs from the bed. At breakfast the other couple that was there also complained about being sore. There was still hair in the shower from the last guest and a dead died up moth on the wall in the bathroom that looked to have been there for ages.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Jack
"Convenient stop"
Convenient and affordable stop over if you don't need to stay near center of town in Monterey. The room had the typical "old motel" smell but it airs out quickly. Didn't see an elevator to second level. Walkway on 2nd level was textured which made rolling luggage VERY loud as people walked by. Staff was helpful with replacing missing toiletries. Minimal breakfast (no protein)
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Howdy Howard"
Excellent place to stay. The hotel is clean and the service is great. No worries here.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Sid
Was really clean and nice but a little bit small for my taste wish it were bigger but overall very nice.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
"Good for the price"
place was clean, good location. This is a nice bare bones hotel. Good location to the beaches and fast food places. Not the best tourest neighborhood but the price and how clean and safe it felt made me very pleased with the stay. Good bare bones hotel experience.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Do not recommend"
I stayed for 1 night and even that seemed too long. Great vicinity of the aquarium, restaurants, stores. The receptionist was quick and pleasant. As soon as I walked into the room I knew I was Going to be miserable. The room was outdated, the carpet excessively dirty. There was a very strong curry smell with undercurrents of stale cigarette smoke. Being that the hotel and rooms do not seem to have been updated since it was opened. I shouldn't have been surprised. Tub, toilet, walls all stained. I found myself googling what do bed bugs look like. I stripped down the bed to find an old, stained, ratty mattress. No evidence of bed bugs. I would not recommend this place. Other rooms may have been different, based on reading other reviews. I can't say the same.
1 night trip Feb 25, 2014
Cynthia M.
"Comfort after a long drive,"
Good bang for the buck. Comfortable room with a nice flat screen TV. Quite a few restraunts in walking distance. I will stay here again.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"A Steal!"
Found thks place through expedia with below average reviews. But for me my husband and our two kids, it was only $59 for the night! Not only that, but it didnt mention our room came with a microwave and fridge and there was a continental breakfast included with a waffle maker...10 minutes from the Monterey wharf and seaside beach. Cant beat the price for what you get!
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Not bad but could use a little tweaking"
We called ahead to see if we could arrive a day early and if they would honor the room and rate that we booked. The clerk said that they would and to just come on in. When we arrived, the clerk tried to give a queen bed and I told him that we had booked a king bed, it was a good thing that we had printed out the receipt because he didn't believe us until we showed to him. He did agree to the rate with out anymore fuss and even kept us in the same room for our entire stay. The area around the hotel was fairly quietand was only 9 miles from the event we were going to. The room we were assigned looked to have been recently renovated. The room, at first, looked to be in good order with a small refrigerator and a microwave. We went to use the microwave oven and found that it was very dirty inside. We cleaned the microwave oven ourselves. In the bathroom there was a spot for the tissues but no tissues. The bathroom sink and counter looked to be coming off the wall so we were just careful about leaning on the counter. There was hot tub but it was not filled, but this was most likely because the corner of the building had recently been hit. The continental breakfast was acceptable but odd that they cut large muffins into quarters to serve. All in all, the hotel was okay but could use a little attention to details. It worked for us as a place to sleep and hold our clothes while we went to our event.
2 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"You get alittle more than what you pay for."
I expected less for $42 nightly rate, so it was well worth the money.
3 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Erik
"Very Nice"
The service was great. However the table was broken and a light flickered but the front desk did apologize for it and it didn't keep me from a good nights sleep. I like the set up of the room. Would stay there again.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
Nat
"Back soon"
The property appeared recently remodeled. The room was clean, relatively quiet and reasonably inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised abc would return.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2013
Kimberly
"Not a Monterey highlight"
Soft lumpy beds, very noisy aircon/heater combo. A musty odor pervaded. The wifi signal was close to impossible to use. This taught me a lesson about last minute hotel bargain hunting during peak travel.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
"Ok for the rate"
For the price it was Ok, room was close to Highway bed was too soft for me but hotel staff were nice and hotel was close to other eating places. Room temperature was excellent wall unit worked well as night got cooler.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
Chris Tomas
"Good for Price"
We wanted just a place to sleep overnight while we scuba dived in Monterey. Suited our needs, as we understood we were getting what we were paying for. No complaints. Motel was clean and although the breakfast was sparse, was grateful they even had breakfast. Breakfast is from 7am-10am.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Oh so so-so"
Staff was very friendly at check-in. The room was clean, but so many things were either broken or not working well. Hair dryer is very ancient and crackles when being used. One of the ceiling lights constantly flickered, even though it was turned off. Chairs were not useable since they were very wobbly. The bathroom door would not closed unless you used a lot of force; and then it would closed very loudly. Loved it being close to shopping needs and for the purpose of our stay. Loved there was a refrigerator and microwave...especially since the breakfast offered is very minimal. You can tell they are trying to pinch pennies.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Momof3
"lummpy stay inn."
First off this was no suite like the add said it would be. And second off we noticed that thier was a brothel down the way from us and we paid alot of money to stay here. The food was way to sweet .The beds in the room were very lummpy the rooms where very dirty and I would never stay here again .
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
mom of 7
"I will stay here again."
This motel is easily accessible to the Highway 1, is clean, comfortable and affordable. The staff was extremely courteous, even to pointing out where breakfast is served. They even had a "make-your-own" waffle setup that I've never seen anywhere else. The breakfast food was fresh, the orange juice was cold and they had TEA! And it had working WiFi and the staff gave me the code without my having to ask. I will stay here again when I visit Monterey because of the affordability, cleanliness, comfort and service.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Water Bird
"veryclose to my destination"
Comfortable
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
letty
"Smelly and no one cares to help you"
We arrived late. We went to bed and discovered that the sheets were all wet! We noticed that the under bed (area between the box spring and the mattes was all wet? Please don't even tell me how that came about???? But no they could not help us because there was no housekeeping staff at night. So too bad you sleep with a wet bed. Then there was hair in the bathtub up all over the sides? GROSS!! I think I will never trust expedia again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Nice location"
Location is good. Rooms are a little small, but a nice size bathroom. My kids enjoy making their own waffles for breakfast.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Very disappointing, noisy and not very clean"
We got the corner unit that was on the major cross section, it was very noisy. The spa that was in front of our room was empty and filthy, the location was of the hotel was not very nice. I would not recommend the hotel, we stayed here because it was a short notice stay, most hotels were booked or priced too much due to local events, should of just paid the higher price for a nice hotel, oh we'll lesson learned.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
I was in town for the jazz festival- good location
4 night trip Sep 19, 2013
Taushia
"would stay again"
The beds were a bit hard and the pillows too stuffed for our comfort. The breakfast was a good variety. Location is near a Costco (no gas station).
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Beach very close."
Can't beat the price. Groceries stores and restraunts every where.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
cc
"Ok place to stay"
I had the room very close to the intersection. Very noisy at times but it is do-able compared to having noisy neighbors. Overall, the stay was nice and would enjoyed more if I had more channels available to watch on TV. WiFi was good and easily available for customers when needed.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Ty
Room was crowded. Phone was ot of order, tv was not working right.Beds were comfortable. Place was clean. breakfast area was small.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Nice Hotel in Monterey"
A really good find during our recent trip to California. Slightly off the main coastal strip but the hotel was excellent, well maintain and great staff. If this is an example of a Howard Johnson hotel I'll definitely be looking them up in the future.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Never again"
I was unsatisfied with this hotel. When we checked in the front desk seemed to be busy with other things, wasn't friendly at all. Our room was disgusting, smelled like smoke, lamps were broken, bathroom was dirty. I definitely would not stay there again, I didn't feel clean after showering in that bathroom.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"In a bad neighborhood"
When I was driving up to this hotel, I saw some people being arrested. It seemed like this hotel was in a bad neighborhood. It was really clean, though, and the staff was friendly.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Sara
"nice motel"
Hotel as such is a usual Motel (though no pool) - but the area around the Hotel is not nice - I would not propose to have a walk around...
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Ernst
"Not good"
We hated it!!! Uncomfortable, thin walls, dirty (just old but needs maintenance)
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Overpriced for nothing!"
Our room was dirty, including used soap and shampoo in the shower. Nasty. The people in the room next to us NEVER slept the whole night. TV blaring, talking, laughing. It was awful!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Expensive for what you get"
Not terrible, but won't stay again. Rooms outdated and slightly smell-but were clean for the most part.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Not as bad as I thought..."
This is an older motel with no frills (no pool, jacuzzi void of water at time we stayed), walls thin so you could hear the neighbors at night (mostly their kids), and could hear the water pipes (ie, showers running). However, it was clean and modest with everything in working order from locking doors to clear tv channels. Nothing fancy and in older area of Seaside near shops/auto sales, but was safe and decent for us; mostly families with kids stayed here.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Angela
"worst motel in this area"
The room was very dirty old and in need of repairs. The walls are paper thin. The entry doors made so much noise we were awakened repeatedly through the nigbt by neigh ors going in and out. We will never go back the this motel
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"not bad"
everything is there, but the room (210, big room) is not too comfortable
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Not worth it."
Ok location, ok room, decent customer service. Strangely laid out room, very dirty. Clump of hair stuck to the shower wall, musty smell throughout, strange brown liquid on and around toilet. Carpet was pretty gross. We made sure we had socks on at all times. With taxes, etc., we paid $140+. Definitely not worth it.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Jon
"Friends in Monterey"
Was in Monterey with friends. This is the second time I have stayed at Howard Johnsons. Very convenient to everything.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Go else where. Expensive and terrible"
The wall is very thin and the bed shakes every time next door closes the door. We can hear next door conversation very clearly. The room smells (musky). The room is very dark even with all lights turned on.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"dont stay!!!"
Room was nice BUT lock on front door was broken, bedspread had burn hole in it, bathroom door knob wobbly like its one turn from falling off. When I went to the attendant to ask to change rooms he couldn't understand why. He actually went back and forth with me... I would NEVER recommend or stay in this place EVER!!!!
3 night trip Jun 30, 2013
"Evaluation of Howard Johnsons"
The hotel has an excellent location for the work I was involved in. The room had an updated TV. The cleanliness of the bathroom was excellent. The quality of the room was slightly below average. Some of the furniture was quite old and dirty. For the price, the room was OK. I would recommend they update the furniture, especially the chair by the desk. They did have a light breakfast for guests. This was most appreciated.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"This place needs major renovation"
The carpet was disgusting, several tiles in the bathroom were cracked. The vanity in the bathroom looks like it was made by a high school student with particle board that was falling apart. If I was Howard Johnson, the only thing I would keep is the guy at the front desk. I would blow up the rest and start over. It was cheap, and the five of us were OK for the amount of time we stayed in the room. Unless you need the space, spend the extra $40 a night and stay at better place.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Convenient to the sights we wanted to see"
It was okay, room was a little dingy. Should have completed the survey the morning we checked out. Checking in and out almost daily that I forget what room was where. Rate of room was reasonable which helps with our budget.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Review closely before booking"
The musty odor, completely outdated decor, and no circulation of air left an immediate bad first impression that did not improve throughout the stay. This hotel needs basic maintenance. The tiles on the floor were loose in a few places, but the ones right outside the bathtub were the worst: as you're stepping out of the shower, the loose tiles nearly sent you to the floor! This hotel has no pool, a hot tub that was not working, and a continental breakfast space that was so tiny, guests were sitting right outside the restroom door, about two feet from the toilet. The extra "suite" included two queen beds in a small, dark ugly space with no television. Very uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013