All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1701 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"amazing"
i loved it
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
jaz
"NOT SO MUCH.."
The front desk, checking is in was fine. Room service, took a long time IE a bucket of ice took 3o mins. The hotel staff would walk in the room without knocking, putting us in an uncomfortable situation. The rooms were tiny, maybe 150 sq ft at best ( plus bathroom) claustrophobic and did not have a closet; 2 drawers, one had a safe that used 3/4 of it, and 1 10" rack to hang some clothing. I have never been to a hotel with no closet, as we are 2 people staying 5 days!!! The bathroom toiletries were not replaced, my partner need body lotion which he used the 1st day; as soon as we called maid service, they sent ONE up. But all in all, room service was very slow. I know the SLS is a " boutique" hotel, but I have traveled extensively, and have not so many complaints. Other guests we met had issues, but I will let them divulge...very disappointing as we needed a relaxing environment especially when we were in our rooms,
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
IT
Hotel was awesome in a great location and very near staff was very nice and polite and the door men were awesome the room was neat and clean just a little small but who cares, you don't come to Miami to stay in the room! Had a nice ocean view room and I loved it but the best part of the room was the shower! The rain shower was awesome and it was huge I enjoyed my stay and look forward to coming back!
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
Yell F
"Will stay again!"
Loved this hotel, everyone was friendly and the service was great! It's a bit of a party (huge party) at the pool but that was what we wanted. Tons of fun!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Love this Hotel."
Staff was friendly and hotel was near ocean drive with access to the beach! Resturants were great an decor is modern. This hotel is more for single people or couples, I don't remember seeing any kids. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Destiny
"Posh Hotel"
The Hotel is nice, modern and full of beautiful people. The only draw back is the rooms are small.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"The rooms are very small"
First time staying at this hotel and the location is just perfect. Right next to the Delano and on the beach. The pool area and the resturants are very cool. My only complaint about this hotel is that the rooms are small and the hallways are super narrow. My room with "oceanview" was outside of the main hall (through a fire door) and the view was very limited.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
Ken
"Ehhhh"
I've always wanted to stay at this hotel but never have been able to afford it during season. So I finally got it at an affordable rate. Which is retrospect was still to high. Valet is $40 a night which I find to be slightly ridiculous. The room was super small & looks so much better in pictures. No closet, no cups & no clock or music dock. Not to mention water pressure in the shower sucked. We went to the pool in the morning for some relaxation but instead of looking at scenery your starring at the side of the hotel rooms & listening to the sounds of dumpsters being emptied & traffic noise. I wouldn't suggest it.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
vanessa
"great hotel wonderful stay"
The staff is attentive and incredible. We stayed here because they hand an incredibly low rate at the time we booked which was great since everything at the hotel is extremely pricey. Although pricey everything is top quality. You will have free access to Hyde beach day parties and night club if you're into the whole models and bottles type of scene or just looking for some work out inspiration. My one complaint is that the rooms are TINY with no storage space or even a proper place to open your suitcase. This is because its an art deco hotel and historic landmark and they are unable to make changes to the room sizes. All in all it was an outstanding quick getaway from NYC. New Yorkers will appreciate the high level of hospitality you receive here. We will definitely come back.....just with a smaller suitcase.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
gabinyc
"perfect storm"
the rooms were neat and clean . the helpfulness of the staff was awesome. i like the closeness to the beach. the restaurants were accomodating and the wait was short. the food was excellent. the drinks were thirst quenching and made you ache for more
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
donald
Nice. Rooms are not that clean. Great pool. Too many girls . Food is good only in the sushi bar. Staff is nice. I had a good time
Other trip May 26, 2014
"South Beach lifestyle Hotel"
Super day party and night. Nice restaurant. Small room but super.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
"Location Location Location"
Not much else but location. The rooms are incredibly small. The entrance to my room was actually in the stairwell! Think that you can find much better for the price in South Beach. The Japanese restaurant in the hotel is excellent but very expensive
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Tiniest room, money motivated, hustlers for staff!"
I am in Miami once every 8 weeks. I normally stay at the Mondrain or Delano. I stayed at the SLS because it was Winter Music Conference I had some friends staying there. The rooms are overpriced and tiny approx 250 sq ft with NO CLOSET! The staff is polite on the surface but their sole motivation is to take your money and they will lie to do it. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN...
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"2 nights"
It was amazing. We loved it. There was a misunderstanding but they resolved it and made sure we didn't leave till we were satisfied.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"OK but overpriced"
Overall experience was OK. That said, given the SLS reputation, it is only fair to list below a couple of my frustrations: The room: 1) Nice but very small. 2) The water pressure in the shower was just not good and took a very long time to get warm 3) No desk - if you are looking to work in your room, it is not ideal Condition of the hotel: 1) The lift system is poor and often waited over 5 minutes for list to arrive on the ground floor Food & Beverage Service: 1) One word - Slow! 2) On a couple of occassions I waited more than 20 minutes to get served (after repeatedly requesting someone to take an order) and eneded up going to the bar myself. I could see that the wait staff were not busy, they were enjoying a conversation amongst themselves. I have two able legs so this wasn't a huge deal but......they included a service charge to my bill. This is ok when the drinks are being brought to you but not when you have to go to the bar yourself. I questioned this charge and they said it was "standard" and it had to be paid. This frustrated me. I stayed at the SLS in LA and the experience was much better. I would think again before staying at the South Beach SLS.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
JGB
"Fabulous hotel!!!"
Had a great time! Hotel is beautiful!!! Room was so pretty. Service was great!! Pool party at Hyde was awesome!!! Drinks are expensive! Staff was accomodating and very friendly.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Fabulous hotel!!!"
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"rooms are a bit small"
I loved the stay however, the room are bit small for the price you pay and the are many over charges for example they would add the GYM and POOL $30 dollars a day even if you did not use it
3 night trip Jan 19, 2014
ellise
The hotel is well located and has nice amenities. The room is small and fun but there is a huge settee in the room that really serves no purpose and limits the already small space.
Response by SLS Hotel South Beach
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am delighted that you enjoyed the amenities of SLS South Beach as well as our location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Best, SLS Hotel Manager
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"perfect location and sensational decor"
too short. It will now become my hotel for future visits to Miami and I will recommend it to friernds. Thank you.Maria Amelia Silva Pinto
2 night trip Nov 3, 2013
maria a.s. pinto
"Superb Hotel"
I've stayed at quite a few hotels in Miami over the years and none of them has ever impressed me like the SLS. It's a chic boutique hotel that has everything you can possibly imagine. My girlfriend and I were just there for the third time since August and it keeps getting better with every stay. From the moment you pull up the hotel valet is friendly and very attentive. The front desk reception and warmth really stands apart from any other hotel. Especially Leo, Megan, Nic and the other front desk members. They remember your name and take the time to make you feel very welcome. The pool is great, especially on weekends if you like a lively atmosphere you'll really like Hyde. If you like to relax the front pool is nice as well. The bar and restaurants are great as well. I will stay at this hotel every time I go back to Miami and highly recommend it.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Ty
"bait and switch"
I was assigned a different room than I had prepaid for. The hotels.com people were great at making it right! They worked hard with the hotel and with me. They gave me several alternatives and really made the whole thing ok for me. ...but the hotel staff were terrible. They sold my prepaid 3 day oceanfront room to someone else so they stuck me in a street-view room with an entry from the stairwell for the weekend nights because they were sold out.
Response by SLS Hotel South Beach
Thank for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. I am very sorry to hear that you felt the staff were not very welcoming during your stay. I am very disappointed to hear this and please accept my apologies, also rest assured this will be addressed with management. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to turn things around. Regards Ayo Akinsete Hotel manager
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"all style and no substance"
The rooms are beyond small and not functional for business travelers. I moved my room because it had no surface for working.
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
LB
"Love it but would go somewhere new next time"
Beautiful hotel... but unfortunately when I booked this hotel I was booking multiple rooms and while I had to pay additional to do so to make sure they were all on the same floor... that was not what happened when I arrived with all my guests. They told us our rooms were on different floors (which after having to complain did they fix it to accommodate my original APPROVED request) I was also told we could have a late check out... but day of we were called and told we had to leave the room within 30 minutes and that ALL of our room keys had been deactivated. We spent well over $5k during our stay and we were treated like we were a burden. Very upset... too bad the hotel was so beautiful because I will never stay here again. Nor any of my guests.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Ashley
"Perfect Location"
Loved my stay Staff was very helpful. Great restaurants.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2013
Brooklyn
"Way Overrated!! (Not AT ALL like the one in LA!)"
Pros: Hotel has happening night life and pool parties. Decent food. Cons: Rooms extremely small (not even London or NewYork small) Really small pool Staff slow to fix issue: Hotel staff messed up and gave us a room facing the kitchen! while we prepaid for an overpriced upgraded Ocean view room! Took them a whole 24 hours to fix the issue (out of a 2 day vacation). Overpriced compared to other much better hotels in the area Old Hotel, not fully renovated, just covered up walls with these cheesy fabric First review I have ever submitted, but that is how disappointed I was. Not going back there.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Almost perfect"
Everything about the SLS is great. Staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is super cool, location is amazing, etc. The only slight negative is that a normal room is a bit small. If you are alone its fine, but with two people it's a bit tight.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Kruse
"Amazing Hotel!!!"
Loved it and will definitely be coming back. Convenient location, walking distance to everything and in the most happening spot of the city.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2013
ntura1381
"Best hotel in South Beach Miami"
Incredible service, beautiful hotel, very accommodating staff, great food/ambiance. Staff went above and beyond. Never experienced such good service. They made our reservations, dropped us off to restaurants, and gave us recommendations.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Peach
"Cool hotel right on the beach"
Hip hotel with cool vibe. Room was very nice if a little cramped, but stylish, comfortable and great for a romantic couples getaway. A closet and bureau with room for a suitcase would have been appreciated more than the giant mini-bar assortment that no one really wants. The Terrance and Bazaar restaurants and Bar Centro was very good. Katsuya sushi restaurant was loud, touristy, and disappointing. The pool scene at the Hyde Beach pool was very cool and lots of fun, but be prepared to shell out at least $400-500 on the "bar minimum" to secure a coveted lounge chair or other space. Swimming in the pool is free (for guests), but that appears to be about the only thing that is. This seems to be par for the course in South Beach, so if you plan to come here, bring plenty of cash if you want to hang out at any of the hotel pools or nightclubs for that matter.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Great hotel!!"
My husband and I stayed at SLS for our 5th anniversary. What am amazing stay!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
reine
"Disappointed."
The bathroom was very tiny. The bedroom was very very tiny and felt like everything was on top of everything else, No real room to move around in. The restaurant didn't have top shelf liquor, but charged you top shelf prices. The staff at the pool side was very attentive and courteous. I definielty would not stay there again. I wasn't worth the money.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Ty
"Top Pick in South Beach"
This is top pick South Beach option. Romantic choice also. Bathrooms are not enormous, but shower is very comfortable. In room decoration and mini bar with lots of options. Beach view is gorgeous ( specially of you get a right corner room) and hotel has a very active restaurant/bar/nightlife. 2-3 Blocks from Lincoln Road.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Christopher
"I had a great experience"
great staff, really cool place, close to everything but at the same time, secluded so you could relax, highly recommendable,
Other trip May 5, 2013
"Very disappointing - bad service!"
We upgraded to a villa since the standard rooms are the size of a matchbox. The room itself was great and the cleaning crew made sure it was perfect everyday. The rest of the experience left much to be desired. The food served on the beach was expensive and looked very unappetizing. The service in all restaurants was super slow. People all around were complaining about it so it was all across the board. We ran into a lady who ordered tea in a restaurant and while she waited for it to be served for 30 minutes her waiter came by 2 times musing "oh it's not been served yet?". When we were checking out we were overcharged $900 and were not given a summary of charges. We were told the receipt was going to be emailed - never got it. We only received a hard copy after we asked again. The whole places aspires to be uber-chic but the management (yes, it's the management I blame for it) forgets that simple old-fashioned service goes a long way. I will never stay at this hotel again. My friend and I talked to many other patrons and most of them shared the same sentiment.
Response by SLS Hotel South Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success. Regards, Ayo Akinsete Hotel Manager
Other trip May 3, 2013
Ivona
"Fanastic restaurants!"
The hotel is in a great location and has amazing food and beverage amenities. The rooms are very small but the beds are comfortable. Would stay there again.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2013
"THE TIME OF OUR LIVES"
The SLS hotel made me feel right at home, from the time we cheeked in to the time we cheeked out. the staff made sure i was taken care of on a day to day basis. and through the classiest pool-parties and went with the Best EDM music witch i really enjoyed. I saw everyone having a good time all the time . My girlfriend and i had the time of our lives in miami this past year and we did it from a wonderful hotel! So thank u SLS for everything we love you!
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
Ike
"Quality Hotel in South Beach"
The bed is too soft for me. The room that we first checked in had the toilet problem, it got flooded everytime we showered. After complained, we got upgrade to a better room that featured with ipad. Other than that, everything else is excellent. The location is perfect, it is at the middle of everything, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
Ben
"A not perfect spot for partytimers"
We stayed in this hotel for 10 days in January for a vacation. The rooms are pretty small since the building is an old Art-Deco one. Interior does look nice but the usability of the bathroom is far from perfect and sink in our room kept leaking the entire stay despite numerous complaints, flooding the entire floor in bathroom. The frontdesk was kind enough to offer some compensation for the problem but it is still not something you would expect in a luxury hotel. Also as everywhere in Miami Beach most of the goods come at additional price, that includes umbrellas and sunbeds on the beach. The hotel should be good for a party-maniac but is not really suitable for a regular vacation time at the ocean.
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
Andrey
"Great for young couples"
We are a young couple (31 and 26) who booked a 5-night stay at SLS Hotel. We had a phenomenal experience here -- from the classy facade (the entrance is packed with Lamborghinis and Ferraris during Winter Music Conference and is one of the most impressive on Collins Ave) to the friendliness of the staff, who upgraded us to an ocean-view room at no cost, to the eclectic style of the room (the geometric shapes and mirrors on the ceiling are a nice touch), to the fantastic location. As guests, we were given free passes to pool parties and evening events, which are quite impressive here. Downsides: I found the onsite restaurants & lounge underwhelming - you pay a fortune for tiny morsels of food that don't actually match the price level; drinks were good quality, alas no blended drinks or shakes... To wine & dine, best go to Espanola Way or Lincoln Rd nearby. Also, the minibar costs about as much as bottle service in a top nightclub, so BYOB.
Other trip Mar 19, 2013
Leo
"SLS - UNDERSTAFFED !"
The hotel was VERY understaffed. It took forever to get drinks and food. The rooms were very small and had no closets. The only closet in the room was a free standing closet with 2 drawers and a mini bar in the middle of it. Further, the hotel doesn't tell you about this when you check in but on weekends they charge for seats at one of their better pools (the one closer to the beach). They charge 350$ for a bed for 2 people and 150$ for a single chair...you can use that money for a food and beverage minimum but what if you only want a few drinks and not a bottle? I've heard a lot of guests complain during my stay at the hotel. We will definitely not be returning there. I have been to many hotels in miami and this one is by far one of the worst ones I have been to. I would recommend Fontainebleau or Loews, they are both excellent hotels, far better than this one!
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
"Is ok but not worth the money"
No balcony and you paying $400. Food price is high but all hotels in south beach re expensive. I recommend the perry when construction is over or the Eden roc for couples. If u single try clevelander or on a fancier side try the fountain blue
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
walker
"Never again!"
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Common areas were nice. Room was a complete dissapointment, barely enough room to turn around. 4th floor, lousy view. $9 bottle of beer and $20 mixed drink.....no comment.
Response by SLS Hotel South Beach
Dear Woody, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations. The room size in the Historic building are smaller than our villas. A few of the room categories are a bit roomier. Perhaps on your next visit I may personally provide tour of the larger room options. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I truly appreciate it. Savor LIfe Slowly, Paul E. Cardona Hotel Manager
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
Woody
"Hidden fees"
Rooms are very small for 2people no closets. The pool staff is fabulous best service I ever had. However even though you are a guest of the hotel they want to charge a 350 fee for a double lounge chair to sit by the pool. Or you need to spend at least 350 for the day at the pool. Not sure this is good business for paying hotel customers.
Other trip Feb 12, 2013
JB
"Reminds me of my dorm in college"
The rooms are tine for the price you pay. Other than a bed, which was comfortable, one should expect nothing. At best this is a three star hotel.
Response by SLS Hotel South Beach
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The rooms in the Historic building are cozy but our design team spared no expense with the amenities and fixtures in the rooms. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed. If you are ever back in South Beach I would appreciate an opportunity to show you our Villas which are located next to the hotel pool and have a small terrace. Thank you again for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. Savor Life Slowly, Paul E. Cardona Hotel Manager
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
"Singles, Couples"
The rooms are VERY small. There are no closets in the rooms which is ridiculous. I would not recommend staying there for more than two nights. It's good for night life and great for couples and single people. You don't have to stay there to do that. Very expensive drinks and not that spectacular. There are better options in this price point in Miami Beach.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Tina
"Big problem with bathrooms"
The shower doesn't contain the water in. My room flooded every time I showered. Then my shoes were socked wet when I would use the bathroom.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2013
"Great location, fantastic feel, average sevice"
We loved the hotel itself but the staff needs to improve it's service levels.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2012
"Sassy weekend away without kids"
Rooms a bit tiny but very hip. The hotel is centerally located in South Beach and is the "IT" place to be.
Other trip Jan 24, 2013