All hotels in Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America
581 S Marschall Rd, Shakopee, MN, 55379, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Ordinary pool
    Service is poor
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"Cant complain."
The hotel has some smoking rooms, so there is a slight smell depending upon where you are. Individual room smelled fine. Breakfast was ok.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Dirty Super 8"
Hotel shoddy and not clean. Jacuzzi not working...very unlike a hotel that should be listed for people to stay at
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
Ralph
"not happy"
The people upstairs above our room were very loud housekeeping woke us up wasn't happy about that it wasn't even near check out time.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
overall my experience was ok. coffee maker in the room did not work properly.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Horrible place"
Our room was broken into by the staff and 15 pain meds were taken, even tho there was a do not disturb sign on the door. The lady at the front desk knew we were gonna be gone for a couple hours. When trying to get someone at the front desk, the guy was extremely rude, and wouldn't come to the front desk even asking politely the first few times until we realized he wasn't going be any help. We talked to the cop and we are getting the meds back, but they said there is nothing they can do because the camera right by our door doesn't record it just shows live feed. So they obviously knew what they were doing and probably have done it before. What a fun birthday!
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
Was exactly what I expected for the price
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"like any other hotel"
this hotel is great for the price we paid. the bathroom doorknob had to be tightened to be able to lock. other than that it was great. I thought the site also said that there was a sana when we got there it looked like it was being used for storage. otherwise great.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Rudolph A.
"Not bad for the price......"
The hotel needs to be updated. The room met my needs for the amount of time that I was there.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Dereck
"Outdated"
Update this. Gross seriously.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Not so good..."
We booked 4 rooms there for our race team. Kathy at the front desk was wonderful to work with, however, the hotel was not real clean and in a shady neighborhood. Probably will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Terrible bed! It sagged toward the middle."
Very poor bed. It sagged toward the middle. I ended our two day stay with a backache.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Not great but not to bad"
Basically clean but could use a remodel or a really good deep clean.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
krystal
"Shakopee, MN stay"
stayed to visit my daughter up in Shakopee. Had my other daughter with me in the hotel. We both enjoyed the free breakfast served and the room. We used the Jacuzzi and it was lovely to get sore muscles relaxed.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Sherri
"horrible"
It was awful! The room was dirty the blankets had white crusty stuff on them and when I tried to get clean ones I was told NO! Really?! Don't stay there ever for any reason. I took pictures of all the filth I had to deal with.. wish I could show you all how nasty it really was.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Brittany
"Nice place to stay"
Overall the hotel was a nice place. Good location at a fair price. Only took a couple minutes to drive to Valleyfar. Definetly would stay again.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not so helpful, not so clean"
One of the rooms we booked had dirty linens, the front desk staff would not give clean linens when we asked for new ones, she insisted they were clean, but that the top was not always washed.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Didn't have flat screens tvs. Very thin walls, could hear people in next room and in hallways.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Business at Canterbury Park Shakopee MN"
Absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Were put in a smoking room, rude manager would not switch room saying because we booked on hotels.com we couldn't switch the room. There were cigarette burn holes in the furniture, the smell was absolutely horrible in the room, but the worst part of the experience was that terrible rudeness of the manager the evening of check in, hotels are all about hospitality, and I have never been treated so rudely by a hotel staff member, our family uses hotel.com often, and this experience may change how we book our hotels from now on.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Super 8
"don't stay at super 8 shakopee"
Very rude snotty staff. The hot tub looked like someone exfoliated into it. Bathroom light didn't work. They refused to come fix it. We found a comment card from a month ago saying the bathroom light didn't work then either. Yellow stain on pillow case. Brown stain on washcloth. Front desk refused to give us more towels, saying one for each was all we needed and they'd exchange them in the morning. Guess people with long hair are supposed to choose what body parts they dry. Our whole floor was filled with loud, drunk teenagers. The breakfast bar had oodles of unattended kids flooding the place and by the time it cleared out enough to get to the one crusty overused waffle maker, the staff hurried to whisk everything away at like 8:30am. This place was awful.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
I found once you check in you are on your own, I found no help in directions to where I needed to go, the staff was no where to be found. The room was dirty, musty smelling, the bathroom fan was so loud I could not use it at night for fear of waking others. The pool left a smell on our skin. The outside area was full of litter- paper, beer bottles, cig butts, fast food containers. This was my first visit to Minnesota, needless to say I was not impressed.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Dried vomit on floor"
There was dried vomit on floor of room, tub had mold in it, continental breakfast was a muffin and orange juice
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
randy
"Needs a facelift."
Was ok for one night, but the hotel could use some work. My headboard fell of when I wasn't even in the room.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Improvments"
The hotel is out of date. It needs updated badly. The staff was ok . The room was in disrepair and stain bedding so they gave us a different room. That one was better .
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, clean and up to date for a Super 8"
The front staff was good. She was busy with bookwork in the office, but answered quickly, and took care of my check in well.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Close to Mystic"
HORRIBLE!!!!! Desk attendent very rude, burn holes in blankets soooooooo unprofessional!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Would never stay here again"
The overall hotel seemed tired and worn out. The staff that greeted us were not very friendly. The pillows in the room were so flat we only knew they were there because of the lumps in them. Peeling baseboard in the bathroom. You had to hold down the toilet handle until all was cleared from the bowl. Just not very clean. Did not experience the continental breakfast. The television was so old the full picture could not display on the surface. The television listings in the room were not what was on the actual television. The overall feeling was that the owner was lazy, cheap or just didn't care about the comfort of the guest. I didn't expect any frills at this hotel, but I certainly did not expect that it would be a dump.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Debra
"What I expected"
The staff is super 8 was extremely friendly. Unfortunately we had to get a smoking designated room because that was all they had available and I will never do that again. the smoke from other rooms would just seep into ours; it was so gross. other than that the bed was fine, the TV channels were fine & the location was excellent.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
Jen
"Okay"
Front desk was brusque, to say the least. But, we got checked in, no problem. Our room was non-smoking, but the entire second floor reeked of stale cigarette smoke. The room was clean and comfortable, so for a place to lay your head on a road trip it was acceptable. EXCEPT for the fact that somebody tried coming into our room at 7 AM! The deadbolt was locked, to it had to have been a staff member. Thankfully the latch was closed, so the door was only able to open as far as the latch would go. When we mentioned that to the front desk upon our checkout, we were told it was "probably the cleaning staff outside the door that you heard." No, it wasn't the cleaning staff that we 'heard'. The latch was pushed out, our door had been opened. Somebody, with a key, had clearly tried to enter our room.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Christine
"good value, like location"
There were several cig burns in our bedding and the bedding had a damp feel to it!
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Cassie
"smelled horrible and had black mold"
The super 8 in Shakopee I thought was I in the perfect location for my trip so I reserved it online - sight unseen. This is a decision I regretted as soon as we walked in the door and was greeted with a very unpleasant smell. The smell I am sure was caused by the black mold all over the bathroom. It was behind the toilet and all over the ceiling. Yuk! Writing on the back of the bathroom door. The hot tub was so dirty- the top of the water had a layer of scum on it and I couldn't see my feet under the water.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Melissa Milligan
I wouldn't stay here again. My wife called to confirm the reservations and encountered a very rude unhelpful lady. The room itself was actually pretty clean but smelled. The breakfast area is small and poorly located.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"A cheap and nice place for a few nights."
The hotel is close to the renaissance festival or Valley Fair. It's not that far from the Mall of America (about 20-30 minutes), but the traffic can get busy on the major freeways needed to get there. I recommend the location if you're going to the first events listed but probably not the mall. The hotel is a little older but clean and quiet. There's not much for breakfast though.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Brittany
"Biggest dump for the price of 135 dollars......"
Worst dump and price and rude people including the owner..... WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN........
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"meh... mediocre"
i chose this hotel for it's location, which is about 3 miles from valleyfair where we were going the next day. very easy to get where we were going. hotel is older and needs updating but it was ok. lady at the front desk was not overly friendly, but not rude. bring your own pillow! there was also loooong black hairs in the bathroom, on the shower curtain, and inside one of the towels... kinda gross. pool was nice, breakfast was decent. wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel, so it lived up to my expectations i guess
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
laura
"It's a hotel room"
It's a hotel room. 2 beds, a tv, a bathroom. It's fine for sleeping. I don't know what else there is to say.
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
kenny
My stay was ok but not great dont think i will stay there again
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
super 8 hotel
"Not bad"
It was a descent hotel. Not bad price.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Alison
"Sleeping with spiders!!"
Overall this hotel was very awful to stay at. I read the reviews from all the surrounding hotels in the same price range and this one had the best ratings out of them so we chose to stay here. When we got here the front desk lady was very rude, and when we went around to the side door to enter the building it wasn't even locked! The outside card reader was broken off the door hanging there and then on the inside that door was also not locked. Our room was the first room from entering that door and again we didn't even need to use our key to enter our room! Scary!! Once entering the room we noticed that it was very old, old musky smell and bedding. the bathroom tub and ceiling had mold. When we asked for extra blankets the lady said we had to come get them ourselves and when we did they had cigerette burns all over them! My kids were grossed out. Breakfast was plain only two cereal chioices and a bannana. Then when wer were packing up to leave we lifted up our bags from the table and there were three huge spiders underneth!!! Gross!! Do not stay here!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Pretty quiet so we could get a good nights rest"
Good experience, met all our needs. It was clean and quiet. Able to get a good nights rest. Pool and hot tub well maintained. Good Breakfast also
Becky
"great cheap hotel"
Absolutely wonderful hotel!!!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"A place to sleep"
We stayed here one night when we went to Mystic Lake because all the best hotels were booked up. Nice room and staff. But the beds were horrible. They were uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and hard....did not even look like pillows. Woke up in the morning with a backache and neck ache. Would not stay there again unless those things changed.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Ok"
Not bad if you have to stay one night
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
"A place to stay"
It was a last minute decision to stay, didn't have any non-smoking rooms so booked a smoking room, woud never do this again. I would be willing to pay $30 more for a non-smoking.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"near Chanhassen"
No one could have foreseen the flooding that caused road closings during our stay. It was the only inconvenience.
1 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2014
"Great hotel for the money! Good breakfast :)"
People who give this hotel bad ratings based on this not having the amenities of a $100 plus dollar a night hotel are morons. Of course a budget hotel won't have all these things! That's why it costs less! Anyway, we had a nice QUIET (very important) night here. The room was small but tidy, and everything worked. Again, QUIET is nice. Very often we're kept up by drunks or awakened by children with clueless parents, and that was not the case here. Quiet hours were enforced, and the front desk people were very helpful with any questions we had. Also, they have a nice breakfast with make your own hot waffles, oatmeal, and more Certainly not expected for the money I paid for our room. I've paid more for rooms that offer nothing but questionable produce and prepackaged gas station danishes for their "free breakfast." We'll definitely be coming here for our next weekend twin cities getaway. Good value no frills (some frills) hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Joey
"Better than expected"
Going w/Super 8, I was obviously looking for inexpensive lodging, but I was pleasantly surprised as I had stayed at another Super 8 recently that was not as nice, sort of smelled and had very poor beds. I found this hotel to be pleasant, clean and well-kept, with pretty comfortable beds for a budget hotel. The Continental breakfast was what you'd expect w/make-your-own waffles and a few other choices, and we knew that going in. For myself and my teenage son for 2 nights, it was a good value even though we didn't take advantage of the pool. Obviously if you want more of an upscale facility, you can pay the extra $20-$50/night somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Adequate room"
Not the most luxurious hotel in the area and room is small and dated, but I had a clean room, comfortable bed, cable tv, and working shower. Really all I needed in a place to stay that wasn't a vacation spot.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
VisitingMN
"Had a bad experience"
We arrived at 1:15pm Saturday to check in after a 5 hour drive. There was only one desk clerk and several parties waiting to check in. Desk clerk did not acknowledge our presence, and was very slow with all check ins. When it came our turn and after filling out a form (by hand-very outdated method!!), she informed us that early check in would incur a fee of $20. What a surprise! Never heard of such a fee. If the room would not be ready until 3:00, that's fine. You should still accept our check in. We understand that rooms may not be guest-ready quite yet. Desk clerk was condescending and unfriendly. We attempted to cancel the reservation through Expedia, but the hotel declined our request.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Would not recommend"
Leaky bathroom pipes and sprayed water under counter when using sink. Room had a stale odor. Many repairs needed in this room. Breakfast not many choices, not fresh, not well-stocked.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great Stay!"
Our first hotel in Burnsville was completely disapointing at a Travelodge. We then decided to look for a new one and by the time we left the parking lot we had booked our room here at the Shakopee Super 8. They made it super easy and it was very clean.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014