All hotels in Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America
581 S Marschall Rd, Shakopee, MN, 55379, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
"Adequate room"
Not the most luxurious hotel in the area and room is small and dated, but I had a clean room, comfortable bed, cable tv, and working shower. Really all I needed in a place to stay that wasn't a vacation spot.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
VisitingMN
"Would not recommend"
Leaky bathroom pipes and sprayed water under counter when using sink. Room had a stale odor. Many repairs needed in this room. Breakfast not many choices, not fresh, not well-stocked.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great Stay!"
Our first hotel in Burnsville was completely disapointing at a Travelodge. We then decided to look for a new one and by the time we left the parking lot we had booked our room here at the Shakopee Super 8. They made it super easy and it was very clean.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Sprunkers
"Could use some updates"
The hotel was convenient and that was about all. The patch work on the walls was very poorly done. The bathroom needed some serious grout cleaning and it looked like mold starting to grow on the bathroom walls. sheets were clean but the head board was in need of cleaning. walked by a vacuum cleaner when we checked out and saw how broken down it was so understand why it doesnt clean very well.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
vic
"PERFECT!"
THE HOTEL OWNERS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER. REALLY FELT RELAXED. HOTEL AND ROOMS VERY CLEAN. GREAT VALUE FOR A EXCELLANT STAY.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
ED
"Will not stay again"
Stayed Friday through Sunday. First night was ok.. It is what I would expect for the price.. But the second night there was partying throughout the hall.. People were slamming doors and going from room to room drunk all night.. Loud talking, laughing and knocking on doors all night..The door has a giant gap under it so any time someone walks by you can hear everything.. Biggest problem.. I had my tv on med-low (basically loud enough for me to hear) and I fell asleep that way.. With all the partying going on it helped to have my tv on. The guy working the front desk Saturday night came through to check on the partying and instead of stopping the party he used his key card and came into my room while I was sleeping! Turned off my tv! Really all that noise going on with party and he is worried about my tv. I heard my door shut and I got up and looked around didn't know what just happened.. Then I hear loud knocking on my door. I answer and it's one of the people partying worried because she saw the hotel employee just walk right in. She told me she thought he had done something because it wasn't just a walk in and out. She thought he had done something because he was in there for quite a while. That immediately bothered me because I was in there with my kids alone. When confronted he said there was complaints about the partying and while checking on that he heard that there was a tv on so he shut that and the bathroom light off. And the partying continued. Worst experience ever
Other trip May 19, 2014
Brittany
"Hotel staff is super friendly"
We were happy with the hotel staff and had a great stay. The kids enjoyed the pool and we all enjoyed the good breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Joann
"probably won't stay there again"
We asked for clean towels the next day, she said there were none we had to use pool small towels. On side of night stand wete a bunch of pulled off acrylic nails.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Excellent hotel for price."
Had a wonderful experience. Check-in staff was very curtious. Easy check-in and check-out. Didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel (no pool). If you're looking for a cheap place to stay this is it. The pool looked decent and their were kids swimming. Hotel is in need of updating so if you are the type of person that needs that this hotel isn't for you. Again, very happy and please with our stay last weekend.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Emily
"Pleasant stay after Mystic Lake concert"
Checked in late, parked close to front entrance, plenty of spaces, prompt check-in. Requested and was assigned King room on 1st floor. Clean room with no smoke or other odor, very comfy bed. Gentleman at front desk at check out was very helpful with directions, and gave us a new notepad to write on.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Concertgoer
"Nice hotel for a great price"
This hotel is a nice motel for a great price. Our kids enjoyed the pool. It was very quiet on our floor. Staff was friendly. We will stay there again. Very inexpensive.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Quality of service"
The front desk person was really nice, I had inquired about an attraction and she brought me a google map print out w/o me even asking. Could smell cleaner in the bathroom kind of smells like mildew
1 night trip Feb 20, 2014
DMK
"Convenient to Chaska."
I needed to be in Chaska early in the morning. I'm glad I saved the money from staying directly in Chaska. It took only minutes to get there. Front desk was very helpful in mapping out the directions for me. After a quick 6:00 a.m. continental breakfast we were ready to get ready to leave. Check out was a breeze with no waiting. There are several places to eat nearby including Chinese, pizza, authentic Mexican, and several fast food places.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Lynn
Checked and was given a smoking room. Had to pay extra for nonsmoking. What a ripoff!!!
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Funny Smell to Room"
This hotel room was comfortable, however, it had a bad smell to the room when we walked in and throughout our stay. The faucet in the bathroom was way too close to the sink bowl and you could barely get your hands or toothbrush underneath it.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Good hospitality and comfort. Thankyou.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
art aadland
"Went out of their way to make me happy"
I showed up a day earlier than I had booked. I called them when on my way (it was 2:00 in the morning) and asked if I could get a room for same rate as the next two nights. I only needed to sleep for a couple of hours before I had to be to meeting. I have never been to any establishment where they bent over backwards to oblige my needs. Very polite, very courteous, and super polite!
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
The front desk worker was very rude to us. When we walked in we didnt get a hello or anything. She just bombarded us with the fact that if you check in early it's a $20 fee. She was very rude and impatient.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2013
Kristina cassibry
"Nice Stay for a good price"
We enjoyed our stay at Super 8 Shakopee, MN The staff was nice, the room was comfortable. We had issues with a screaming child down the hall that kept us up most of the night, but staff accommodated us with a late check out so we could get some sleep with no extra charge. The pool needs to be repainted, but the water was clean and the surroundings were as well. Breakfast included waffles available along with other good selections for breakfast and left a coffee pot available throughout the entire stay in the lobby.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Loudamerican
"Slightly below average, but not horrid"
The desk clerk was rude and seemed like she hated life. Our room hadn't been vacuumed and there was trash under one of the beds. Other than that, it was decent. There was breakfast in the morning which consisted of dry muffins, make-your-own waffles, juices, coffee, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, and maybe a couple of other options. It was cheap and close to the Renaissance Festival, so I'd probably stay there again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Jan
"At least it was convenient"
The hotel was somewhat disappointing. They had signs saying they were remodeling, and I sure hope so--they needed it badly! The room was rather dingy all over. The trim in the bathroom was peeling, and the fan didn't work at all. The room smelled quite musty and there was a spiderweb on the headboard! Lucky for them it was close to our destination.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Nice one night get away"
Nice to be able to relax after a 5 hour drive . Clean room, good staff, will use again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"bad"
The pool was dirty and the rooms smelt bad..they should have fridge and microwave in every room...not worth 150 for 2 nights..probley earth around 70 for two night..
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2013
"Good, clean great breakfast"
I would stay again. Very quiet too!
5 night trip Sep 3, 2013
Janet
"dumpy place but cheap"
Very VERY basic hotel so dont expect much but its cheap
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Derek
We were looking for a quiet little place for a simple, short get away. Super 8 fit our needs perfectly! The price was right, the room was nice, and the pool and hot tub were just right! We'll definitely be back again .
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"So Sorry I Stayed At This Hotel"
HasVery Disappointed In the Room. Dirty, Musty & Clearly has mold Issues
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"iron out the details"
cleanliness is next to??? not-so-much. no iron in room ...
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
jon
Overall we really just slept at the hotel, but for a super 8 we really were impressed. The room was nice and spacious. There were 5 of us and we had space. The breakfast was good just wish it went past 9am. The indoor pool was great my son enjoyed it. We would book this hotel again
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
christa
"It's an average Super 8"
This Super 8 is an average, perhaps slightly less than average Super 8. Not all of the rooms have a refrigerator or microwave. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms on the 2nd floor. ALL of the 2nd floor smells like cigarettes. If you are sensitive to cigarette smell you do not want the 2nd floor. The price is one of the least in the area so this Super 8 stays pretty full. There is a pool and hot tub which is really nice but that also means lots of families stay here. The location is close to Valley Faire, Canterbury Park, the Renaissance Festival, Mystic Lake Casino, and many other things. A pool, price, and location were what I needed and what I got. I had to extend my 3 day stay for an additional 4 days. The manager was going to charge me more and when I told him it was less expensive to book online he finally matched the rate. I have to go back for business again and will use this Super 8 again.
4 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
Sherrie
"Okay hotel with good price close to Valleyfair"
It was pleasant. The pool was nice. The hotel was clean.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Location was fine for going to Valley Fair, pool is very small and shallow, Hot tub was luke warm, sauna had been turned into a storage closet. I went for the cheaper rate and got what I paid for.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"like a truck stop"
they say that you get what you pay for, but for $80/night i would prefer somewhere else--Red Roof Inn. at least there you don't have to deal with other people staying there because the entrance is from the outside.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
jim
"very good"
the staff was really helpful and nice. the pool was well maintained. breakfast was very good
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
larry
"Smokey even though we booked a nonsmoking room."
Hotel staff did not seem to care that someone was smoking in the nonsmoking rooms. The entire hallway was gross and smoky and made us feel sick.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"It was ok. Burn holes in carpet."
It was ok overall. Bed comfy. Lady @ desk friendly. Area kinda quedtionable.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
lady
"Ok for the money"
We were just looking for a reasonable hotel stay. Chose Super 8 Shakopee. Super 8 has a pretty good reputation from previous experiences. This hotel was disappointing. The lobby smelled of stale smoke. The staff was adament about it being quiet in their lobby area where there were tables and chairs for gathering. The staff was very strict on their 6-9 AM breakfast time as they were ruid when my daughter tried making a waffle at 9 AM. ALL breakfast was cleaned up and put away by 9:05. So much for advertised FREE continental breakfast with stay. Our room was acceptable. No noticeable smoke smell in our NON smoking room which was a plus, however the shower faucet had a constant leak--this wasn't just a drip either, It wouldn't shut off.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Beth
Breakfast was not as good as I thought it would be. Didn't even eat it. Asked for and was charged for 2 queen size beds and got 2 double. Told service they didn't have to clean our room and that we just wanted to change out towels. We were told they didn't have any clean ones when we could see that they did. Half the time there wasn't even anyone at front desk
2 night trip Jul 9, 2013
amy
Ok. They did not have a double room with sofa bed as advertised.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2013
The pictures that are on the website need to be updated. The hotel is definitely much older than the pictures show.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Nice place - poor plumbing - unfriendly clerk"
I like the location in Shakopee and the pol was great. Unfortunately one of the desk clerks was not friendly nor even smiled. Also, one room has blood spots on the bed sheet and the other has clogged tub and sink. Otherwise, it could have been a 5 star rating.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Not very welcoming"
Staying at this hotel was cheap but so was the hotel. Staying here I felt like the surrounding neighborhood was not a very good one itself. I just did not feel "at home" or very comfortable staying here to be honest. Pool is small, hottub small, double bed room is as well small. It made me feel very claustrophobic staying here. Now the staff were extremely polite which was a plus side. But back to the negatives, the room had stuff from the last people staying in it which made me wonder if they even did a thorough job of cleaning it.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Nicholas
"Good enough for nights sleep"
Besides the room being a little tight for a family of four, it was a nice stay.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
It was comfortable. The room was clean. Continental breakfast a nice touch.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"extremely unsatisfied customer"
It was the worst hotel experience we have ever had!! The staff was extremely rude and unfriendly and the entire hotel was dirty. They did not seem kid friendly at all and that was extremely difficult for use since we had 6 kids staying with us between the 2 rooms we had booked. I felt like we were being singled out because we had children with us because when we went out to the continental breakfast we felt like we were the only ones being watched. Also the tv's in the rooms barely worked and when they did they would randomly cut out and turn back on!! After this experience my family will not be staying at a super8 again.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"weekend stay"
Hotel is very outdated, but clean. Beds are not very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was okay...not a ton of selection.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
Place was fine for a quick night sleep.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
GH
"Good location in central Shakopee"
Check in was simple and fast, the room was good and comfortable, with an good quiet air system. The general wear and moderness was satisfactory for a basic stay. I had to jiggle toilet parts under the lid to get the toilet going, Shakopee public water is mediocre, the hotel doesn't appear to do enough additional softening/treatment to keep the toilets behaving.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Hotel was booked online. I took my 3 kids on a weekend trip for a basketball tournament. Pictures shown online were not even close to the room we had. It was very dated, smelled horrible, and was advertised as a family oriented est. The parking lot was full of contractor trucks with very sketchy looking people. We even considered foregoing the prepaid rate and going elsewhere, my children were scared. Our room was 'nonsmoking', yet there was a spot on the fridge where a cigarette had burned out. Sad part is that was not the source of the foul odor in our room. They even charged an additional $12 for a rollaway that was reqested online. It was supposed to be part of the original fee. I will NEVER stay there again. In fact, I don't think I'll ever stay in a Super 8 and unless you're working outof town, I suggest you do the same.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not impressed"
Disappointed! Attendants were not friendly. Breakfast was disgusting and we found hair in our food. The attendant would only put out 1 piece of fruit at a time. There was a snowstorm while we were there and no one shoveled or plowed until late the following afternoon. Our room key wouldn't work the second night and they had to do some extensive work to get our door open then gave us an old fashion key. I would not stay here again. We didn't use the pool or hottub but I shutter to think what would be lurking in there.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013