All hotels in Visalia, California, United States of America
300 S Court St, Visalia, CA, 93291, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"In the heart of Viscalia"
Wonderful staff, helpful and interested in our stay. Food service was able to adapt to specific dietary considerations. We stayed for four days and each day the room has taken care of in a professional manner. All Good! I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Unhappy Customer, shame on Marriot"
The girl at the front desk told me that they had to secure a $200 security deposit for the stay!!! I argued with her that they should post this and that a year ago I stayed there and there was NO such thing. She stated that this policy started 6 months ago. I said then post it somewhere, don't wait till I arrive to tell me this!!! I will not stay there again.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. We have always had a cash security deposit policy, however recently we increased the amount to $200 in order to cover any incidental charges and/or any damages that might occur in the room. We sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance. Per your suggestion we have highlighted this policy on our website. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you in the future
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Eddie
"Happy"
In town for only one night for a 25th anniversary party and was very happy with the hotel, location to the downtown and to all the activities we attended. Arrived early and was very pleased that we were able to check-in early. Had a nice room and was glad we booked the room/breakfast combo. Thank you for make a fun weekend even better!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Sierra
"Good for downtown, far from Sequoia"
Very accomodating with rollaways. Great customer service and cleanliness. Only 30 miles or so from Sequoia but it still took around an hour and a half.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"Ok, nothing special"
Good enough. The shower wasn't super clean, clock in the room had the wrong time.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Julie, Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we will certainly look into this issue immediately. We hope that you will give us another opportunity as our team is committed to providing outstanding accommodations.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"1 night"
Nice place, but beginning to show wear of use. Staff friendly and location convenient.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Thank for choosing our hotel, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with our team. We hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our Visalia downtown shopping and dining options.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Fast check in; friendly staff; quiet hotel; very clean, comfortable room.
This hotel is about 1.25 hours away from Sequoia National Park. Local chain restaurants are a few blocks away
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
nema
"Smiling and very good staff"
While the hotel is typical for a Marriott near National Park, the staff are simply amazing. Whoever is hiring and training the staff is doing a great job. Everyone smiled. Everyone did their job with such warmth, making it a good stay.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Main Street two blocks away."
Our stay was to visit Sequoia. But, realized that their was more life here. Walking distance was Main Street. Plenty of good dining and the clubs and bars are terrific. I took my family on this first time trip. But, I do highly recommend it for a couples getaway. Oh, and can't forget Starbucks open til 12 midnight on Saturday was a hit for my wife and I.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Father of Girls, We are so excited you had the chance to experience some of our great downtown. We hope you will come back and enjoy in the future. Thanks for staying with us.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
father of girls
"A short trip to the Sequoias."
The hotel was clean, up to date and the staff was very helpful!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Very nice for the price"
We had a very nice stay at this Marriot, hotel was very clean and comfortable and centrally located downtown. The only down side was the weekend we stayed, apparently there was a huge little league tourney going on in town and every 12 old ball player in California seemed to be there. Obviously not the hotels fault, but we didn't get much quality time at the pool. Otherwise our time there was very nice.
"Needs improvement"
The hotel lobby and surroundings were very nice. Guest rooms, however, were musty with small soft beds, and inadequate AC.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Laura, Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly look into the matter further regarding your bed and air conditioning. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I apologize we did not meet expectations on your visit. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"Weekend in Visalia"
We came to the area to visit Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Hotel was very clean & comfortable - we also enjoyed the restaurants in downtown after our trek to the wilderness. Staff was very friendly & helpful.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great Service and location"
My stay was great. I love the location to downtown and the service is amazing.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
I paid extra to stay at a Marriott thinking the accomodations would be extra lovely, to my dissappointment we should have stayed with the rest of our team at the comfort inn and suites. The linens were is dissrepair, the bathroom had exposed destroyed wood on the vanity, the bathroom door was not easily closed, we had no bathtub, the bathroom flooded every time we showered, the shower curtain had magnets on the bottom with nothing for it to stick to, so it attacked the person taking the shower, very stressfull and not pleasant.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Carol, Thank you for your feedback, I am so sorry to hear of your room challenges. I will look into the matter immediately, as this certainly not the norm at our hotel. From your description, I can see you were in our ADA room with the roll-in shower, as all of our other rooms have a tub, I will follow up on the issues you described, thank you again for letting us know.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Hotel next to Convention Center"
Nice hotel. Issues with loud noises coming from bathroom plumbing all night. Made it difficult to sleep. Starbucks in lobby doesn't take Starbucks cards as payment... And a huge amount of coffee grounds in cup of coffee.
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Tom, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for any bathroom noise issue during your stay, I know a comfortable sleep is important, I will have our chief engineer look into the matter immediately. I am extremely sorry about the confusion with Starbucks, as we are not an official store, but are a proudly serve version of Starbucks, therefore we don't carry All the store items or are licensed to accept the gift cards. Most importantly, you should have never experienced a bad cup of Joe and I will look into this with our team. I sincerely appreciate you letting us know of your experience, it is this feedback that helps us continue great service and amenities. Thank you for staying with us, Carrie
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Close to town"
Pleasant hotel with great parking. Good location for those going to Sequoia Forrest.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Poor classy hotel"
Lobby carpet needed shampooing tub in bathroom looked like it was built for. A child shower head was so high built for a basketball player and the water pressure was low it felt like it wasn't even running and cable tv was terrible
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Peter, Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry the accommodations in our restroom were not to your expectation. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are looking into your concerns in our efforts to make any immediate corrective steps available. Your feedback is very important to us, thank you.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Pretty good"
In general, it is quite good and worth every penny. only drawback is the hallway looks ages.
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
"Nice but"
Hotel was very nice and clean. Rooms are clean and quiet. Water pressure in the shower is horrible when u flush the toilet more water goes in there then comes out in the shower. Beds were comfy but sheets are super stiff and had the smell of bleach
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Lee
"Country Marriott"
Reasonable, full-service Marriott, missing on small details. Clean room, shower w raised head for tall people like me (bonus!), but also aging TV, slow draining shower, minuscule parking lot.
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"Close to convention center"
Only issue I had is that there is no courtesy coffee in the morning.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Dirty BED SHEETS. .."
CHECKED RIGHT IN THE OVER ALL DECOR AND AMBIANCE WAS DARK AND BORING AS WAS THE DECOR. I WAS ALREADY A BIT UPSET THAT I PAID 130.OO FOR A ROOM THAT COMPARES TO SUPER 8. BUT WHEN I PULLED BACK THE BED COVERS THE SHEETS WERE SLEPT IN AND DIRTY. I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE OVER ALL.C
Response by Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Thank you for your business, I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel being less than brilliant. I will personally look into the matter, as we certainly take great pride on our hotel and apologize we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Casey R.
"Wonderful Stay"
Room was clean and that bed was super comfortable. Staff was able to accommodate us when we requested a microwave and fridge. Walking distance to Old Town shops and restaurants. It was a really great weekend.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Nice hotel, but visit somewhat disappointing"
The hotel staff was pleasant, the room was nice. However, knowing it was to be a busy weekend with Valentine's Day; a major Cheer Competition and another Conference - the hotel was short staffed! Also, the "Starbucks Bar" was not open, because the hotel did not order enough syrup for the weekend.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
B
"Like the Marriott for business travel."
Nice hotel, breakfast, light dinner. Unfortunately had a barking dog in the next room when checked in and had to complain. Was taken care of promptly. Not many hotel choices in Visalia anyway but would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Just me....
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Great, clean hotel. The cleaning staff was amazing. They noticed that we didn't like a set of pillows, so instead of putting them back on the bed, they stacked them nicely on the chair.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Visiting family"
We always stay here while visiting family in Visalia. It's comfortable and clean, the beds are nice. This last stay our room seemed a little different for some reason, there was a beat up old mini fridge under the coffee vanity that was odd, and it seemed like some furniture was missing. Got good room service, and it was quiet. The fitness studio is nice to hit before a day with family too.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Centrally located, excellent staff and facilitates.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Just Awesome!!"
I never slept so good!!! My bed was like sleeping in a cloud. I loved everything about the Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center. I will be back!! Thank you!!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Laquita
Awesome stay. I enjoyed it
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"One star hotel"
This room 517 was horrible ! The paint in bathroom peeling, the bed was too worn to lay on! The guest front desk to check me in need to go work at motel 6 he had no people skill and very rude toward me.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Jo go
"Hotel Stay"
The room was not as clean as I would expect from a Marriott. There were long brown hairs in the bathroom on the floor and in the tub. I don't have brown hair. There was dust on the surfaces. There was only one robe. Two of us were staying in the room. The bed was not comfortable. The air conditioner did not cool the room properly.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Jolynn
clean room, friendly helpful staff. I had problem with billing after my stay because I was billed twice. I had to call back to fix it and the first time I called accounting was closed so asked for them pass along the message to accounting to call me back the next day, I had to call back again and learned the my message had ot been read yet , the accountant apologized for the mistake and told me that it takes frm 3-5 days to credit my card. why are charges made so quickly and credits due to Hotel mistakes take so many more days to credit??
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
"A solid 4"
Very nice rooms, overall pretty great.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
"Good location, great staff, enjoyable stay"
We picked this location initially because our first choice was fully booked. I'm glad we stayed here instead. The property was well maintained. Staff was friendly. I had a question concerning our room rate different from our booked rate (hotels.com), the GM was very helpfull about figuring out the discrepancy and getting back to me. Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. The location is great since it's right off the hwy. I highly recommended.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"What is expected of a hotel in this location"
The hotel is good for Visalia. If you are visiting Sequoia it is a resonable balance between distance/price/comfort. Nothing fancy.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
raul
"close to down town"
STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND COZY AND QUITE. THE KIDS ENJOYED THE POOL AND STAYED OUT THERE TIL IT CLOSED.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
MONICA
We had a very comfortable 2 nights. The hotel staff was very accommodating.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"Accommodating Staff"
I stayed at this hotel after a business meeting in Hanford. I brought the family with me so we could see Sequoia National Forest the next day. When we checked in, I asked if there was a business center that I could use to fax some documents to my office. The staff sent the faxes to my office, from the hotel fax machine, without charge.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Nice hotel and good value"
Located around 1 hour from Sequoia National Park and it was quite cheap for a 3.5 stars hotel
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Owen
"good place to stay to watch all of the fireworks."
We have stayed at the Marriott before, but it has been a couple of years. Last time I don't remember having such problems. We requested a room on one of the top floors so my children could see the fireworks downtown. They were able to get us on the 7th floor. We walked thru the door and it looked clean and comfortable. We looked in the bathroom it was clean. We went to put left over food from dinner in the little fridge and the door would not shut. The fridge looked like it came from the dump and they just placed it in the room. We watched the fireworks and went to bed. The only beds in the whole hotel were double beds. I don't know about you, but we are not small people, but not large either. My husband ended up kicking me to the floor at about 1:15am. I spent the rest of the night on the floor with no blankets except the one I stole from my son. The next night we got a roll away bed. over all we would not stay again. Sorry Marrriott.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Alison S
"Very good to visit the national parks"
Nice hotel,very good location,very comfortable,and the rooms in excelent condition,the staff was very nice and they up grade us,restaurant breikfast very good and the rate is really very reasonable,thanks for all the staff!!!!
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Antonio
Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and airy.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
juliet
"I was lucky?"
We have made reservations for a room with 2 beds. When we got there we were given a room with 1 bed. When we said that we needed room with 2 beds we were told that we were lucky because there was only 1 such room left. Lucky? If I was counting on luck I wouldn't specify 2 beds in my reservation! The day we got there there was only 1 elevator working, so there was about 10 minutes wait. Next day nobody bothered to remove out of service signs from the elevator doors so we were using stairs from 7th floor only to find out upon check out that the elevator has been fixed as of that morning.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
Kris
"TERRIBLE CUSTOMER"
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! We accidently left our Bridle bouquet in a glass of water on the Bathroom Counter sitting upright. We were married on Saturday and had to rush off to Mothers Day Brunch. Was very rushed and simply forgot it. This happened at 1015 am. We called at around 5:oopm when we realized we left them. We called 5 hours later after we discovered we left it. Was told it wasn't there responsibility regarding lost or left items, especially flowers. House cleaner took it home. Now we understand our mistake, but the sympathy from the staff was less then appropriate. Sr. Management made a snide remark and was very uncompassionate. They did recover what was left of the bouquet. Torn apart and missing greenery and the silk ribbon.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Not a good value"
Room toilet barely flushed and AC was so inefficient it was hot and humid in the room the whole time. We barely slept because it was so hot. The area this hotel is located in has 105+ degree weather in the summer so poorly functioning air conditioning is inexcusable. Overall I hotel is old and not kept up well. Poor value.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Not bad for the weekend."
The first night upon arriving there was a dirty washcloth on the bathroom floor the maid had missed when cleaning the room. That night the people in the hotel were very loud and the hotel staff let the yelling from the drunk people go on for a long time before finally kicking the people out. The maids do not knock on the door before entering to clean the room so make sure you hang the do not disturb sign or they will just walk right in on you. The rest of our stay was not bad. The location is awesome. The hotel is downtown within walking distance of several local restaurants and shopping.
3 night family trip May 24, 2013
"great choice"
I was in visalia to take an engineering licensing exam. It turned out to be a great choice for my test at the convention center. It was right at the convention center; no walking or crossin the street. I was able to relax and get good rest at this excellent hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013